Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees (14952 Views)

Jigawa Donates Goats To 8,000 Widows / Aregbesola To Empower 5,000 Widows In Osun / Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by member479760: 10:41am On May 04, 2012
I think person said North has the most B women - then what is going on? den no fine again?
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by slimming: 10:41am On May 04, 2012
Not bad, proper education about marital responsibility should be thought.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by fesse(f): 10:47am On May 04, 2012
Reminds me of my former colleague. LWKMD @ northern Nigeria. Everything about these people is absurd. Insanity at the highest level.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by blackboi(m): 10:55am On May 04, 2012
Kano, here I come... Insha-Allah I shall find a divorced (virgin) yarinyacheesy of my age!
Am goin in...cool
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sagamite(m): 10:56am On May 04, 2012
MyJoe:
I think the Hisbah Board is trying to solve a social problem. What is vexing here is the Shariah prescriptions on divorce which is at the root of this problem. Unfortunately, nothing, it appears, is being done about this by the thoughtful Kano government.

Bruv, if one is going to solve social problems then one needs to develop a visionary, all-encompassing, problem-solving framework. Not this cattle-rearing, 23 kobo, illiterate, plucked-from-a-tin-can approaches.

I can guarantee you this moronic approach would just lead to a different problem, or worse, compound the problem.

The North tend to have cretins as leaders far more than the South does. They have 20 Alao-Akalas to every 1 Alao-Akala in the South. The Hisbah Board is an example.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the North's culture that pushes such people to the fore, practically unchallenged, unprogressive and undeveloped, and the same culture restricts the mental-development of the average man there.

3 Likes

Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by omenziate(m): 10:56am On May 04, 2012
U marry a woman/wife just to set an example. Since when did marriage to these Kano men become a frivolity? Dis country na wa o.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Nobody: 10:59am On May 04, 2012
blackboi: Kano, here I come... Insha-Allah I shall find a divorced (virgin) yarinyacheesy of my age!
Am goin in...cool
lol how do they intend to get the husbands?

1 Like

Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by crackhouse(m): 10:59am On May 04, 2012
No wonder one hausa man married 96 wives and it's still counting.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Omexonomy: 11:00am On May 04, 2012
Sagamite: The North just seems to want to accelerate to backwardness.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by omenziate(m): 11:01am On May 04, 2012
I divorce you three times. What if I say it five times out of anger? Notin person no go hear for dis obodo Nigeria.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Omexonomy: 11:04am On May 04, 2012
The kano state gov should increase it from one man four wives to one man ten wives that should solve the problem
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by kodylicky(f): 11:07am On May 04, 2012
how will this help d situation wen they can still return to square one wen d husbands say "i divorce u"
this is just the govt. aiding/giving free short/medium/long term bed warmers shocked
they should scrap the source of the problem
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by pistol: 11:12am On May 04, 2012
Funny article.

There is really nothing wrong with the policy.

The kano state govt is just being proactive,b4 the widows and divorces become a societal nightmare like boko haram.

But they can start by changing the very root cause and foundation of the problem which is by education.

If u are educated and elightened,u wont be held dogma by religious law (i divorce u three times)
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by ePUNK: 11:16am On May 04, 2012
r the women affordable?? if YES - i will like to have 9 in my custody
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sparkle777(f): 11:27am On May 04, 2012
Where is the funding from? Oil money I presume. Providence has a way of gradually destroying this wicked culture.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Arosa(m): 11:43am On May 04, 2012
Sagamite:

You want to marry from a bunch of women of which majority have fistula?

I'am just curious. grin
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Exponental(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2012
Devaluation of women
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by LagosShia: 11:49am On May 04, 2012
[b]the Nigerian Muslims are in dire need of Shia-Islam.the Sunni version has failed Nigerians.this article is evidence to what i am saying.in Shia-Islam,a man cannot simply shout or say thrice "i divorce you" and the marriage is dissolved.this is nonsense.even Sunnis in other part of the world are fed-up from this practice.this is Islamically wrong but Sunnis do it.in Shia Islam marriage is a documented contract.it starts with a recorded agreement and also can only be dissolved in writing and not verbally.if the man is angry or crazy,he can shout "divorce" as many times he likes but nothing!if this issue of divorce was practiced correctly,we won't have this problem in the first place.

also,Islam has provided the provision of Mut'ah or temporary marriage.women that are either divorced or widowed and have physical need (sexual feelings) to get married, or rather get a man, can be married temporary to satisfy their sexual need for a period of time until they are confident Mr.Right is available.many Muslims have the wrong idea about sex.Islam does not frown about humans enjoying themselves sexually.Islam frowns upon the process or method used to satisfy that urge.prostitution is forbidden as it degrades the woman to a material object selling herself for the cash and not to satisfy her sexual desire as a human being with God having placed that desire in us,or out of love for another person but the money.temporary marriage has all the conditions of permanent marriage such as IDDAH (waiting period),mahr and dowry and written agreement.mut'ah marriage is only different because it is temporary,limited by time and after the time agreed upon by the couple to be legally married,the marriage is dissolved and ends-with the exception if they decide to prolong it or make it permanent with a new agreement.these conditions exist and the man takes care of his wife in mut'ah mariage and bears responsibility in the event of pregnancy.many actually frown upon mut'ah marriage because of human indecency and corrupt minded people who apply their corrupt mind to misuse the provision and make it look like prostitution.but this can be used correctly as taught Islamically to eliminate many vices in society.and we should not frown upon anything because of people's tendencies to misapply,misuse or abuse it.otherwise polygamy and even permanent marriage can also be abused.but that does not make them haram or forbidden.[/b]
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Nobody: 11:54am On May 04, 2012
Alusi Okija: EVen Hausa people now are a target for the Yoruba mods on Nairaland. . .

WHY IS THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE?!

Is it because it is Hausa people under attack?!

If the post read "EKITI STATE SEND YOUTH CORPERS TO SERVE AS NURTW AGEBROS" would it make the front page?!! angry

One Nigeria!!

Stop the marginalization. . .

Free Okija Juju
how u take know say na agebro jobs na him full ekiti. all thier youths have resorted to standing on the road to block motorists
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by zangiff(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2012
see wahala oohh,
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by begwong: 11:57am On May 04, 2012
Arosa: Are southerners or Christians allowed to marry these women?
As long as u wish to be islamized cheesy
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sagamite(m): 12:01pm On May 04, 2012
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sagamite(m): 12:01pm On May 04, 2012
LagosShia: [b]the Nigerian Muslims are in dire need of Shia-Islam.the Sunni version has failed Nigerians.this article is evidence to what i am saying.in Shia-Islam,a man cannot simply shout or say thrice "i divorce you" and the marriage is dissolved.this is nonsense.even Sunnis in other part of the world are fed-up from this practice.this is Islamically wrong but Sunnis do it.in Shia Islam marriage is a documented contract.it starts with a recorded agreement and also can only be dissolved in writing and not verbally.if the man is angry or crazy,he can shout "divorce" as many times he likes but nothing!if this issue of divorce was practiced correctly,we won't have this problem in the first place.

also,Islam has provided the provision of Mut'ah or temporary marriage.women that are either divorced or widowed and have physical need (sexual feelings) to get married, or rather get a man, can be married temporary to satisfy their sexual need for a period of time until they are confident Mr.Right is available.many Muslims have the wrong idea about sex.Islam does not frown about humans enjoying themselves sexually.Islam frowns upon the process or method used to satisfy that urge.prostitution is forbidden as it degrades the woman to a material object selling herself for the cash and not to satisfy her sexual desire as a human being with God having placed that desire in us,or out of love for another person but the money.temporary marriage has all the conditions of permanent marriage such as IDDAH (waiting period),mahr and dowry and written agreement.mut'ah marriage is only different because it is temporary,limited by time and after the time agreed upon by the couple to be legally married,the marriage is dissolved and ends-with the exception if they decide to prolong it or make it permanent with a new agreement.these conditions exist and the man takes care of his wife in mut'ah mariage and bears responsibility in the event of pregnancy.many actually frown upon mut'ah marriage because of human indecency and corrupt minded people who apply their corrupt mind to misuse the provision and make it look like prostitution.but this can be used correctly as taught Islamically to eliminate many vices in society.and we should not frown upon anything because of people's tendencies to misapply,misuse or abuse it.otherwise polygamy and even permanent marriage can also be abused.but that does not make them haram or forbidden.[/b]

What utter junk rubbish!

So getting a temporary agreement to sh[i]a[/i]g each other is some form of purer way that is acceptable?

The rubbish you religious people read and follow like idiots and then think you have a superior way of life to non-religious people.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 04, 2012
Where do we apply because i might need a few. grin
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by begwong: 12:04pm On May 04, 2012
Omexonomy: The kano state gov should increase it from one man four wives to one man ten wives that should solve the problem
Its against the tenets of islam as propagated by prophet muhammad-peace be upon him
4wives max,if u are not satisfied by any,u are allowed to change
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by blackboi(m): 12:04pm On May 04, 2012
punnonline: lol how do they intend to get the husbands?

masalachi flirting/physical *Facebooking perhapswink
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Arosa(m): 12:04pm On May 04, 2012
begwong:
As long as u wish to be islamized cheesy

How about a compromise: I would like her to remain Muslim, but I will practice whatever I like?
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Achiles: 12:10pm On May 04, 2012
This is what happened when ignorance and religion take centre stage in any society. Imdays in Kano, women are reduced to nothing and treated as mere belongings. Hisba and Kano State gov are jokers hiding under religion. They should tell how many of those widows have been helped by the officials.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Chimex09: 12:11pm On May 04, 2012
FUNNY PEOPLE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by begwong: 12:11pm On May 04, 2012
WAT DO U EXPECT WHEN ISLAM ALLOWS MARRIAGE FROM 9YEARS OLD
MOST OF THE DIVORCEES ARE SUFFERING FROM VVF!
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sagamite(m): 12:12pm On May 04, 2012
Achiles: This is what happened when ignorance and religion take centre stage in any society. Imdays in Kano, women are reduced to nothing and treated as mere belongings. Hisba and Kano State gov are jokers hiding under religion. They should tell how many of those widows have been helped by the officials.

Fcking well said!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reps Summon Adeosun Over N17 Billion ‘office Equipment’ Contract Scam / Paying Whistleblowers Not Our Duty – EFCC / 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Gov Lalong – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.