Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees (14951 Views)

Jigawa Donates Goats To 8,000 Widows / Aregbesola To Empower 5,000 Widows In Osun / Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sagamite(m): 12:13pm On May 04, 2012
begwong:
Its against the tenets of islam as propagated by prophet muhammad-peace be upon him
4wives max,if u are not satisfied by any,u are allowed to change

Why 4?

Why not 3? 5? 7? 11?

Why 4?
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by laspo24(m): 12:13pm On May 04, 2012
Don't mean to offend anyone with my post but if I do please accept my apology in advance. Is this another way to recruit more members for BH as it seems they re now running out of suicide bmbers? Well, wont be surprise where most of the men commit suicide in other to have or meet 7 virgins without considering the wife and kids they are leaving behind but to the true widows and divorcees pls do accept my sympathy and pray that God in his infinite mercy provide you all your positive heart desires.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Tyche(m): 12:13pm On May 04, 2012
LagosShia: [b]the Nigerian Muslims are in dire need of Shia-Islam.the Sunni version has failed Nigerians.this article is evidence to what i am saying.in Shia-Islam,a man cannot simply shout or say thrice "i divorce you" and the marriage is dissolved.this is nonsense.even Sunnis in other part of the world are fed-up from this practice.this is Islamically wrong but Sunnis do it.in Shia Islam marriage is a documented contract.it starts with a recorded agreement and also can only be dissolved in writing and not verbally.if the man is angry or crazy,he can shout "divorce" as many times he likes but nothing!if this issue of divorce was practiced correctly,we won't have this problem in the first place.

also,Islam has provided the provision of Mut'ah or temporary marriage.women that are either divorced or widowed and have physical need (sexual feelings) to get married, or rather get a man, can be married temporary to satisfy their sexual need for a period of time until they are confident Mr.Right is available.many Muslims have the wrong idea about sex.Islam does not frown about humans enjoying themselves sexually.Islam frowns upon the process or method used to satisfy that urge.prostitution is forbidden as it degrades the woman to a material object selling herself for the cash and not to satisfy her sexual desire as a human being with God having placed that desire in us,or out of love for another person but the money.temporary marriage has all the conditions of permanent marriage such as IDDAH (waiting period),mahr and dowry and written agreement.mut'ah marriage is only different because it is temporary,limited by time and after the time agreed upon by the couple to be legally married,the marriage is dissolved and ends-with the exception if they decide to prolong it or make it permanent with a new agreement.these conditions exist and the man takes care of his wife in mut'ah mariage and bears responsibility in the event of pregnancy.many actually frown upon mut'ah marriage because of human indecency and corrupt minded people who apply their corrupt mind to misuse the provision and make it look like prostitution.but this can be used correctly as taught Islamically to eliminate many vices in society.and we should not frown upon anything because of people's tendencies to misapply,misuse or abuse it.otherwise polygamy and even permanent marriage can also be abused.but that does not make them haram or forbidden.[/b]

Defending the indefencible. Every dogma has its shortcoming, this is a typical example.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by LagosShia: 12:14pm On May 04, 2012
Sagamite:

What utter junk rubbish!

So getting a temporary agreement to sh[i]a[/i]g each other is some form of purer way that is acceptable?

The rubbish you religious people read and follow like idiots and then think you have a superior way of life to non-religious people.

are you saying sex is evil? is it bad to have sex? or is it better to go to areas where prostitutes parade themselves and solicit their services?

you are a very senseless person on nairaland from man experience with you.you dont have to comment when silence can save you from ridicule.are you not the same person who knows no other word than to call others "cretin"? mumu!
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by begwong: 12:15pm On May 04, 2012
Arosa:

How about a compromise: I would like her to remain Muslim, but I will practice whatever I like?
you will then have to swear by the holy quran.Default of your pledge shall lead to beheading you cheesy
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by LagosShia: 12:16pm On May 04, 2012
begwong: WAT DO U EXPECT WHEN ISLAM ALLOWS MARRIAGE FROM 9YEARS OLD
MOST OF THE DIVORCEES ARE SUFFERING FROM VVF!

you are a fool like those you follow.you should find out if that is true and what your christianity says:

https://www.nairaland.com/846958/tell-me-why-mohammed-married
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 04, 2012
blackboi:

masalachi flirting/physical *Facebooking perhapswink
twitter,tsnchat,nairaland and 2go lol
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by LagosShia: 12:16pm On May 04, 2012
Sagamite:

Why 4?

Why not 3? 5? 7? 11?

Why 4?

because you are not god.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by MyJoe: 12:19pm On May 04, 2012
Sagamite:

Bruv, if one is going to solve social problems then one needs to develop a visionary, all-encompassing, problem-solving framework. Not this cattle-rearing, 23 kobo, illiterate, plucked-from-a-tin-can approaches.
I agree with the bolded. That is also the problem I have with this. Under the current system that state will keep churning out divorcees, causing more misery and desperation and potential recruits for Boko Haram.

Sagamite:
I can guarantee you this moronic approach would just lead to a different problem, or worse, compound the problem.
These women want to get married. There are men who would like to marry them. What the Hisbah people are doing is paying for it - their way of tackling social problems like begging and prostitution. These marriages will bring relief to many of these women. Some of the marriages will fail. Some of the women will go through all the terrible things some married women go through. That is the way these things go, even with "normal" marriages. Now, the most obvious "different problem, or worse" arising from this is that there may be more children whom nobody can cater for. We know this needn't be the case. That is why I share your view about an all-encompassing approach. Matchmaking, or assisting divorced women to find husbands is not the problem. It is the short-sighted approach adopted here that is; and that is something Nigerian policymakers seem very adept at, whether it's albinos writing UTME or Kano divorced women.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by LagosShia: 12:19pm On May 04, 2012
Tyche: Defending the indefencible. Every dogma has its shortcoming, this is a typical example.

and how is that?please explain.is it the "dogma" that has shortcoming?or is it right to say it is humans that have shortcomings and face difficulties and religion must provide amends to take care of society? it is wrong to see the needs of people and the problems of society creating demand as the problem placed by religion.

at leat through polygamy,Islamic countries statistically have the lowest number of prostitutes,bastards,HIV/AIDS,widows,single/unmarried ladies,e.t.c.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Arosa(m): 12:19pm On May 04, 2012
you will then have to swear by the holy quran.Default of your pledge shall lead to beheading you
grin grin grin grin Ok I change my mind.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by begwong: 12:20pm On May 04, 2012
Sagamite:

Why 4?

Why not 3? 5? 7? 11?

Why 4?
Because the prophet sticked to four &instructed/warned no other mortal shd surpass that else. . .
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sagamite(m): 12:23pm On May 04, 2012
Tyche: Defending the indefencible. Every dogma has its shortcoming, this is a typical example.

Thank you!

LagosShia:

because you are not god.

And you are deluded enough to believe God gave such arbitrary edict?

Which God?

The one of Mordor?

begwong:
Because the prophet sticked to four &instructed/warned no other mortal shd surpass that else. . .

So there is no logic to it, it is just because of the whims of Muhammed? And you live your life following it like some ecclesiastical value?
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by LagosShia: 12:24pm On May 04, 2012
Sagamite:

Thank you!

you of all people thanking him doesn't make his statements right.shisssshhhhh!!!
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by MyJoe: 12:25pm On May 04, 2012
begwong:
Where did you get that from?
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by begwong: 12:25pm On May 04, 2012
laspo24: Don't mean to offend anyone with my post but if I do please accept my apology in advance. Is this another way to recruit more members for BH as it seems they re now running out of suicide bmbers? Well, wont be surprise where most of the men commit suicide in other to have or meet 7 virgins without considering the wife and kids they are leaving behind but to the true widows and divorcees pls do accept my sympathy and pray that God in his infinite mercy provide you all your positive heart desires.
if not dat u have tendered an unreserved apology preceeding your post,i would have declared a FATWA(death sentence) on you.
Reason;jihadist are entitled to 77 virgin not yr fhucking 7
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sagamite(m): 12:27pm On May 04, 2012
LagosShia:

you of all people thanking him doesn't make his statements right.shisssshhhhh!!!

Having a brain will let you know he is right!

Shish to your dogma!
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sagamite(m): 12:29pm On May 04, 2012
LagosShia:

are you saying sex is evil? is it bad to have sex? or is it better to go to areas where prostitutes parade themselves and solicit their services?

you are a very senseless person on nairaland from man experience with you.you dont have to comment when silence can save you from ridicule.are you not the same person who knows no other word than to call others "cretin"? mumu!

Where did I say sex is evil?

You are a person!

So because you perform some moronic ritual to temporarilly shag a women that makes it better and superior to a woman getting paid for it?

It makes it more moral?

You are a cretin!
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by LagosShia: 12:30pm On May 04, 2012
Sagamite:

Having a brain will let you know he is right!

Shish to your dogma!

you mean a deranged one.mine isn't!!!
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by begwong: 12:30pm On May 04, 2012
LagosShia:

you are a fool like those you follow.you should find out if that is true and what your christianity says:

https://www.nairaland.com/846958/tell-me-why-mohammed-married
Wawa! kachi uwarka! mumu!
i am declaring a fatwa on u,imbecilic cretin
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sagamite(m): 12:31pm On May 04, 2012
LagosShia:

you mean a deranged one.mine isn't!!!

You are a fuckard!

Bringing your moronic religious views that is full of holes.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by LagosShia: 12:33pm On May 04, 2012
Sagamite:

Where did I say sex is evil?

You are a person!

So because you perform some moronic ritual to temporarilly shag a women that makes it better and superior to a woman getting paid for it?

It makes it more moral?

You are a cretin!

and man don't get married to lay a woman? why not tell them,no need for any marriage-just bend and climb like dogs do it.even dogs have their ritual as they stick together.even chickens have their rituals.i'm sure you must be one of those campaigning for prostitution to be legalized.you don't even have shame to back your words with.no morals and you think you have anything to offer others or teach them.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by LagosShia: 12:34pm On May 04, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a fuckard!

Bringing your moronic religious views that is full of holes.

there is no need to use insults.learn to be civilized when you are exposed and your ideas lack substance.we learn everyday.dont feel ashame to learn.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sagamite(m): 12:36pm On May 04, 2012
LagosShia:
and man don't get married to lay a woman? why not tell them,no need for any marriage-just bend and climb like dogs do it.even dogs have their ritual as they stick together.even chickens have their rituals.i'm sure you must be one of those campaigning for prostitution to be legalized.you don't even have shame to back your words with.no morals and you think you have anything to offer others or teach them.

You are a cretin!

So seeing a woman you want to bone, you perform some stewpid rituals and then bone her and then you go your separate ways makes you more moral or holier than one that just sleeps with the woman?

FOOOOOL!

How is that better than prostitution?
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by begwong: 12:37pm On May 04, 2012
Arosa:
grin grin grin grin Ok I change my mind.
u are forgiven wallahi!
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sagamite(m): 12:39pm On May 04, 2012
LagosShia:

there is no need to use insults.learn to be civilized when you are exposed and your ideas lack substance.we learn everyday.dont feel ashame to learn.

You are a cretinous person!

I am not insulting you, I am telling you what you are. Take it as your Kalam of the day.

Fool says: He is entitled to 4 wives and only 4 wives to be holy based on an arbitrary selection by one person and when being called a cretin, says it is an insult.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by honeric01(m): 12:43pm On May 04, 2012
How old are these widows? any one less than 25? any virgin left? did anyone divorce because the ex-husband was impotent? if any, abeg make i know, i get candidates for them cheesy cheesy cheesy

@lagoshia

You mean i can lease a wife for just shagging sake? what's the difference between that and prostitution?
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by LagosShia: 12:44pm On May 04, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous person!

I am not insulting you, I am telling you what you are. Take it as your Kalam of the day.

Fool says: He is entitled to 4 wives and only 4 wives to be holy based on an arbitrary selection by one person and when being called a cretin, says it is an insult.

a typical loser you are Mr.Cretin,

now you resorted to twisting my words and making things look oversimplistic and ordinary.the nonsense you are saying,is that what i said?is that the way to perform a marriage of any type?

marrying one or two or three or four doesn't make you more or less holy.there is limited polygamy in Islam.you can't even say it is polygamy.polymay is what you see in the bible with one man having 99 wives.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by begwong: 12:46pm On May 04, 2012
MyJoe:
Where did you get that from?
where else. . .holey books!
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by LagosShia: 12:46pm On May 04, 2012
honeric01:
@lagoshia

You mean i can lease a wife for just shagging sake? what's the difference between that and prostitution?

not at all! i meant a woman can hire you like a slave,to make use of you and then say sorry,she is no longer interested to spend more time of her life with you,or any man that is mentaly deficient that see people as someone they can "lease" and not be companions to.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by Sagamite(m): 12:47pm On May 04, 2012
MyJoe:
These women want to get married. There are men who would like to marry them. What the Hisbah people are doing is paying for it - their way of tackling social problems like begging and prostitution. These marriages will bring relief to many of these women. Some of the marriages will fail. Some of the women will go through all the terrible things some married women go through. That is the way these things go, even with "normal" marriages. Now, the most obvious "different problem, or worse" arising from this is that there may be more children whom nobody can cater for. We know this needn't be the case. That is why I share your view about an all-encompassing approach. Matchmaking, or assisting divorced women to find husbands is not the problem. It is the short-sighted approach adopted here that is; and that is something Nigerian policymakers seem very adept at, whether it's albinos writing UTME or Kano divorced women.

Are the fundamentals of a successful marriage incorporated in the approach?

How long will the relief last for most of these women?

These would be worse than normal marriages. It is just temporary relief or fallacious relief.

We do concur that they need to dump their stewpid ideology if they want to improve these social problem. Societies decline or even become more violent when kids are not raised in stable homes. With these, the North will continue being a major problem in Nigeria.
Re: Kano State Seeks Husbands For 1,000 Widows & Divorcees by LagosShia: 12:49pm On May 04, 2012
begwong:
where else. . .holey books!

show us,you holy mumu pretending you know something about Islam!!!

unfortunately,Nigerian christians are the dumbest and most uninformed christians who have barricaded their thinking when it comes to Islam.people living in mixed societies should be able to interact and relate to the beliefs of their compatriots.but not in nigeria because the pastors are scared that if christians relate to Islam,they may convert and lose tithe.and you wonder why there is always religious problem in Nigeria!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

40 Killed As JTF Takes-over Maiduguri Wards / "Woman & Her Child In Detention For Protesting In Support Of Nnamdi Kanu". PICS / BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.