Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Nigerian Version Of Mr Right - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Version Of Mr Right (13309 Views)

VIDEO – Banging Tape Of Mr Ohiole Lecturer And Head Of Department(hod) leaked / What Are The Duties Of Mr Nairaland And Miss Nairaland? / Whats The Male Version Of Side Chicks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by Havilah93(m): 8:37am On May 11, 2012
[quote author=afrodiva][/quote]
or somalia
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by FKO1(m): 8:44am On May 11, 2012
gree-die:

wont still settle 4 less, i dnt believe dat crap saying abt d attainable being desirable wen d desirable isn't attainable...

Der is no law dat every lady must get married. Since one of d reasons 4 marriage is procreation, i can adopt or look 4 a sper.m donor. I wont manage a man bcz my biological clock is ticking, i ll rather remain SINGLE
u Sure ? Rmember talk is cheap
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by AnswerKnapp: 8:44am On May 11, 2012
190: typical of nigerian girls undecided

Shake m hand - Of course -
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by ypzilanti: 8:48am On May 11, 2012
PHIPEX:

I agree that its her choice but let her also remember that it was her choice when she clocks 40 and still in search of Mr Right. I checked the list and didn't find a place for love so whoever agrees with her also believes that all they need to get married is to meet a moneybag; its now LOVE FOR SALE. Its her choice but let her remember not to start disturbing our pastors for prayers or start accusing one old woman in her village of being responsible for being a life-spinster at 50.

Dont mind them. They are the same people that are sleeping with old successful men whose wifes stood by them when they were nobody.Giving them all the bedroom styles in the world for a few crumbs of the wealth. When they get to 30, they start running all over the place looking for husband...some even going as far as marrying a young graduate without a job and paying for the wedding.

We see these things happen all the time. I guess dumb people have to just learn by personal experience.
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by greedie1(f): 8:49am On May 11, 2012
ceejayluv: Its an opinion- a wish. She's got the right to one. A girl once told me that her future husband must have at least 10 million naira set aside for the wedding ceremony or else 4get it!
thank God der r still some right thinkin individuals left.....
I find my self wondering if des guy r as stupid as der posts suggest or if its der NL Personality, i hope its d later.
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by FKO1(m): 8:50am On May 11, 2012
pato405:

Bros no be small thing o! [according to 2face]

I once heard a girl declare it boldly saying ''I can't marry a graduate that earns 40k o! at least 250k. undecided undecided

can you beat that?

just makes me wonder how they think. they DONT believe there's always a starting point. they DON't consider character and charisma anymore. the same graduate will tomorrow add value to his job, get promoted or get a fatter salary from another offer. start earning 450k or more, then all of a sudden, the same lady that declared she'll have NOTHING to do with him will suddenly start making overtures of friendship. luv wantintin in the air, flashing smiles all over from ear to ear whenever the guy is around, starts to pretend like she cares. when the guy throws his face to the other side, she'll come here on NL to complain that she cares about the guy, she luvs him, bla bla bla but the guy doesn't care about her.

wahala!

the same guy you denounced! haba!

guys make una wake up o! these girls don't have your interest at heart. another name for luv now is self-centred interest.

grin grin grin grin grin
GBAM!!!!
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by Felibaby(f): 9:01am On May 11, 2012
I think gree-die is been misunderstood. The point she is trying to make is that,it is a WISHLIST. Everybody is entitled to a wishlist no matter how silly or impossible it is. We all have an idea of what we WISH to beor want. Eventually, the person might have to compromise or even do away with the wishlist when faced with reality. And then some are fortunate and get exactly what they WISH for.

As for the lady the Op mentioned: dont be hasty to criticise her. She might not know better, and again she might just be selfish and greedy. But then, life is all about choice.
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by hamsky: 9:04am On May 11, 2012
Love for naija na big expense nowadays ooh dats why e hard to find good wife....even the the village once weh i bin get hope for don know wetin brazilian hair and bb be.How poor man like me fit marry now.
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by Nobody: 9:11am On May 11, 2012
The man with the CASH is Mr. Right, baby, am yet to see the one that will tell me "No"; Which girl will resist an invitation to ride in G55 AMG ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by lifestyle1(m): 9:12am On May 11, 2012
Please be careful with what you confess with your mouth, there is power in spoken words... be warned!!!!

Anyway Time Will Tell!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by buoye1(m): 9:36am On May 11, 2012
gree-die:

wont still settle 4 less, i dnt believe dat crap saying abt d attainable being desirable wen d desirable isn't attainable...

Der is no law dat every lady must get married. Since one of d reasons 4 marriage is procreation, i can adopt or look 4 a sper.m donor. I wont manage a man bcz my biological clock is ticking, i ll rather remain SINGLE
and who is d@ fool dat ll donate his precious holy fluid 4 u?wake gal
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by buoye1(m): 9:39am On May 11, 2012
Harbioollah:

1 Corinthians 7:2
Nevertheless,to avoid Fornication, let every Man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband
Gbam....magana yakare!!u da bomb,uv cleard d air
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by buoye1(m): 9:54am On May 11, 2012
gree-die:

ashile, dnt be confused... Sandra is different frm gree-die k
gree-die:

gree-die:

u jx dey form jet-li 4 us
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by greedie1(f): 10:02am On May 11, 2012
deandavid: dis gal get mind o. No be ur fault sha. U neva even marry, i sure say, u no even get bf sef. U jst dy make mouth.o lenu kpa.
lol delving into my p8 lyf r we? Sweethrt, wt if i say my wedding date has bin set?....bydway, i dnt understand yoruba
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by Nobody: 10:03am On May 11, 2012
ypzilanti:

My big boy friend who married just last year recently lost his job. If the effizy of the job was what made him Mr. Right for his woman, I guess he will be Mr. wrong now.

am sure Divorce will b d next line 4 ur frnd's wife
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by 2kurupt(m): 10:21am On May 11, 2012
gree-die:

lol delving into my p8 lyf r we? Sweethrt, wt if i say my wedding date has bin set?....bydway, i dnt understand yoruba

Congrats your wedding date has been set but don't confuse our youthful, single damsels with this your silly arguments

BTW the post never said it was the gal's wish list but her actual opinion of a MR RIGHT
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by koolJ1(f): 10:22am On May 11, 2012
To the gurls who want heaven and earth from a guy...wat have yu got to offer him or is it jst ur tirednoverfu.ck.ed and expired puci? Pullease! Any guy no matter how broke or ugly can get ready pusci talk more of ur fairytale knight so wats d special thingy he shld look forward to from u? Oh yu jst wanna be on the receiving end kwo? In ir quest to dig gold,be careful to not dig ur own grave.

And dat doesn mean I want a brokeass guy either...I'm jst speaking from my really independent mind

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by ojubi(m): 10:31am On May 11, 2012
My major problem with this new crop of Nigerian girl is that 80% of them are from poor homes, living in two room apartment with their father and mother with her other 4 to six siblings. Charing 1 toilet and 1 bathroom with another 5 families in the naighbourhood.
Yet when they get to the university, they just become obsses with this toxic mentality of cars, houses, fat sallary etc.

This girls are mentalily lazy, indolent and stupid. Even with their degrees, they dont believe they can find jobs, or do business to earn their own money, hence the cheapest and most simplest way to escape from their infectious abject poverty and penury is to clinge to an already made guy.
To you the gold digger i have bad news, even the big oil company boys that earn 500k and drive big cars around still strugle inwardly with money.
While we sleep with you in the hotel and give you 20k for d nigth or buy u a BB, our wives still have issues with money, because the more money u earn the more problems u ve to solve.

There is nothing like a readymade man. If there is then many people would ve stoped working by now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by Nobody: 10:52am On May 11, 2012
kool J: To the gurls who want heaven and earth from a guy...wat have yu got to offer him or is it jst ur tirednoverfu.ck.ed and expired puci? Pullease! Any guy no matter how broke or ugly can get ready pusci talk more of ur fairytale knight so wats d special thingy he shld look forward to from u? Oh yu jst wanna be on the receiving end kwo? In ir quest to dig gold,be careful to not dig ur own grave.

And dat doesn mean I want a brokeass guy either...I'm jst speaking from my really independent mind

true talk from a sensible girl
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by Coldfeet(f): 11:25am On May 11, 2012
Harbioollah: I was Discussing with my departmental colleague,Sandra(not real name). She is a girl i have always admired and wanted to ask out. So in one of my cunny ways,i asked her who is her Mr Right. This was her Definition

1. He must have at least 2 cars,one of which will be mine during my final year
2. He must have been financially stable before i finish school
3. He must own a house cos i dnt want any landlord problem and th house must be tastefully furnished
4. He should either be a Doctor,Lawyer or Banker.(when my course na Microbiology)
5. He must be taller than me and i dont care if he is handsome or not
6. He must not be stingy and should give me whatever i want without hesitation

GOLD DIGGER

I simply Told her she'll remain a Spinster forever.

Waiting for other girls definition of Mr Right
What if she knows that you have a crush on her and said all these to discourage you from asking her out? You obviously didn't get her message.
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by djcrooky(m): 11:40am On May 11, 2012
well my mz right

1. curve of byonce
2 ass of kim kardashian
3. lips for angelina jolie
4. eyes of ashiwarya
6 at least 12 grammy award
7. cook like my mum
8. bank account filled with cash as you mustn ast me for money ( she be una wan be independent woman)
9. 9 children without house help and i would build her a 10 plot masion( you must clean it you self)
10. i would buy you a lot of colth wen i want to ( you must wash it you self

mchew oloshi, you look for perfection in a man and think all you need to do is be a woman,,,,,lemme see you remain with that list at 30 when at 35 when all men within you age grade are marrien,,,,oshi
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by AmakaG29(f): 11:47am On May 11, 2012
@ Coldfeet That was definitely a thought I had. I know I've said some outlandish things to discourage a guy who was interested.

I think character, personality, and compatibility are important. However, there is nothing wrong with trying to couple things things with financial security, even if it can be fleeting. At least I know you are ambitious enough to get the job even if you loose it. Or that you want more from life and will work hard for it. I don't mind working with a man, but his starting place when we meet and where he progresses as our relationship progresses will tell me about where he might be going.

My standards for a man are based on my standards for myself in terms of conduct, character, judgement, and status attainment. I have more to bring to a relationship than looks, so he better be bringing more to it than money. It is so interesting that looks and money are the relationship dichotomy that most immature people fall into.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by gemstone22(f): 12:09pm On May 11, 2012
Pls,sorry o but am curious. How many of the guys on this thread will like to marry a girl who only finished primary school or even secondary school? Won't most of you prefer to marry a doctor, lawyer,banker or a woman who works in an oil company? Won't you also prefer a woman that has some wad in her bank accounts to the one that will ask you for recharge card or money for menstrual pad and panties? How many of you go like to marry ugly girl wey no get the usual contour and wahala for her body?What is wrong if a woman says this is what I want in a man? Its her preferences.
By the way,there is nothing wrong with a woman who is 30 or over and single. There are many men who are out there who are over 30 and still single. The fact that a woman has preferences on the type man she wants doesn't mean she will stay single forever. It only mean she knows what she wants and if she desires it she will definately get it.
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by queensmith: 12:20pm On May 11, 2012
LOl, she was joking with you. If she had gold digging tendencies and you are a sensible man you wouldn't ever want to date her. She probably knew where you were going and wanted to put you off.

Mr Right can never be Nigerian as far as i'm concerned. Battling with a bigoted culture is not the aim of any woman, however it is important to me for him to have an ivy league education and be confident with himself. Most problems with men stem from poor confidence and ignorance.
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by Mcleo007(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2012
Cant help but laugh cruelly to responses/comments made so far!
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by webizone(m): 12:43pm On May 11, 2012
Hello ppl. This is very controversial but true. First off, am a guy. You all failed to notice this, especially the guys. The man misses the woman more, he worries 'bout being with her all the time for she was taken out of him n his desire for a companion. But for the woman, she's self sufficient and would only prefer to date because it would advance her level. Hence, if material companionship wud infringe on material advancement, they reject you guyz. It really hurts. Cabish?
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by freedizzle1(m): 1:10pm On May 11, 2012
Harbioollah: I was Discussing with my departmental colleague,Sandra(not real name). She is a girl i have always admired and wanted to ask out. So in one of my cunny ways,i asked her who is her Mr Right. This was her Definition

1. He must have at least 2 cars,one of which will be mine during my final year
2. He must have been financially stable before i finish school
3. He must own a house cos i dnt want any landlord problem and th house must be tastefully furnished
4. He should either be a Doctor,Lawyer or Banker.(when my course na Microbiology)
5. He must be taller than me and i dont care if he is handsome or not
6. He must not be stingy and should give me whatever i want without hesitation

GOLD DIGGER

I simply Told her she'll remain a Spinster forever.

Waiting for other girls definition of Mr Right

[size=16pt]she's not upto 30 yet...[/size]
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by sigba(f): 1:41pm On May 11, 2012
190: typical of nigerian girls undecided
Dont generalise ejoor.
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by ayobase(m): 1:58pm On May 11, 2012
~Killz~:

I hope she can repeat this when she's 30. . .

Believe me....some still at 30.
under spells?....cant say!
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by ayobase(m): 2:06pm On May 11, 2012
gemstone22: Pls,sorry o but am curious. How many of the guys on this thread will like to marry a girl who only finished primary school or even secondary school? Won't most of you prefer to marry a doctor, lawyer,banker or a woman who works in an oil company? Won't you also prefer a woman that has some wad in her bank accounts to the one that will ask you for recharge card or money for menstrual pad and panties? How many of you go like to marry ugly girl wey no get the usual contour and wahala for her body?What is wrong if a woman says this is what I want in a man? Its her preferences.
By the way,there is nothing wrong with a woman who is 30 or over and single. There are many men who are out there who are over 30 and still single. The fact that a woman has preferences on the type man she wants doesn't mean she will stay single forever. It only mean she knows what she wants and if she desires it she will definately get it.

Halleluyah!
U better talk sense into these kids'
heads on NL instead of pampering them!
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 11, 2012
Coldfeet: What if she knows that you have a crush on her and said all these to discourage you from asking her out? You obviously didn't get her message.
actually what i thought afterwards bt d female comments here has proved me wrong
Re: Nigerian Version Of Mr Right by ayobase(m): 2:26pm On May 11, 2012
Amaka G29: @ Coldfeet That was definitely a thought I had. I know I've said some outlandish things to discourage a guy who was interested.

I think character, personality, and compatibility are important. However, there is nothing wrong with trying to couple things things with financial security, even if it can be fleeting. At least I know you are ambitious enough to get the job even if you loose it. Or that you want more from life and will work hard for it. I don't mind working with a man, but his starting place when we meet and where he progresses as our relationship progresses will tell me about where he might be going.

My standards for a man are based on my standards for myself in terms of conduct, character, judgement, and status attainment. I have more to bring to a relationship than looks, so he better be bringing more to it than money. It is so interesting that looks and money are the relationship dichotomy that most immature people fall into.

I don dey fall in love with
u already!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Detest Light Skinned Women.. / Why Do Cheaters Keep On Cheating Even After Getting Caught? / I Am Only Attract To Older Women Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.