Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? (33498 Views)

What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? / Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? / Japanese Cars Vs German Cars - Which Do You Prefer To Use In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Eyop: 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
Thank you siena.
Siena:

Why would you call Jaziridon a dunce?

He / she posted his / her opinion, based upon personal experience, or what he / she has been told. If you don't agree, then for Pete's sake, show some intelligence by refuting his / her claims, rather than hurling verbal abuse. Calling someone names, just because their opinion differs from yours isn't clever, and says more about you as a person, than the person you're insulting.

Now prove Jaziridon wrong, and without resorting to insults this time.

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
But come to think of it, some of una wey dey yarn just dey forget say Japanese get their own machines. It's not all about camry and honda folks. smiley

Think of the GTR for example.

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by honharr(m): 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
German cars anyday, anytime.liken it to german cars are the bottled water while japanese cars are d pure sachet water.which wud u prefer?
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by modskiller(m): 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
jaziridon: German cars are more expensive dan japanese cars
Japenese cars are fuel efficient than german cars
Japanese cars hav a beta interior than german cars
German cars are stronger than Japanese cars

*singing in GEJ's voice*

don't tell me nonsense.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by dimesole: 5:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
I bet you, 75% of the people on this thread have never heard of the GTR whose 2013 model accelerates faster than a bugatti veyron.

2ndOGA: But come to think of it, some of una wey dey yarn just dey forget say Japanese get their own machines.

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
2ndOGA: But come to think of it, some of una wey dey yarn just dey forget say Japanese get their own machines.

The Nissan GTR is an awesome beast, that's for sure.

But, Japanese tend to have high-performance models only in Coupe form. The Germans build high-performance models in more body styles, to appeal to a wider market.

Sedan.
Wagon.
Coupe.
Hatchback.
Roadster.
SUV.

The Japanese offerings tend to be non-family friendly 2-door Coupes. It's nice to have a powerful car that is a beast, blisteringly quick, handles well, yet can take the whole family on a trip, and all their luggage too.

Nissan Skyline / GTR - a mean machine, but not practical for a family, so it loses out to the Germans on flexibility.

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by VoltaireQ: 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
dimesole: I bet you, 75% of the people on this thread have never heard of the GTR whose 2013 model accelerates faster than a bugatti veyron.

Brahhhhhhhhh....calm down.

The MY2013 GTR does 0-60 in 2.8 secs.

Close...but not Cigar

Heck...even the Lambo' Sesto Elemento doesn't outstrip the Veyron 0-60.

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Areaboy2(m): 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
2ndOGA: But come to think of it, some of una wey dey yarn just dey forget say Japanese get their own machines. It's not all about camry and honda folks. smiley

Thank you my broda..

Duno what the madness about German cars really is. Build quality? comfort? Reliability? driving experience? (ok, i know driving exp will have to go to the Germans)

Get a Lexus and you'll have all that and more smiley tongue
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Armaniswiz(m): 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
ik.swiss:
Please anyone knows any site I can check up on for cars in Germany cos I heard is not expensive over there....

Go to www.mobile.de it's in German but it has English language option. Biggest German auto sale!
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
Not to compare to Sweden here is expensive have no time going to Germany
Eyop: Who told you it's not expensive? It depends on the model you are buying. The older version will be cheaper while the newer ones will be expensive. Except you are looking at buying Mercedes Benz flat boot,VBoot,190 whether ruler or padded then you will get it very cheap.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by rooftech: 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
people will stay here and say jap consume less fuel but fail to look at the yr, a flatboot mb 230 1982 will consume more fuel than toyota corolla 1995.buy 2012 audi and compare it with camry same yr.you will be amazed that europeans have gone far.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by vislabraye(m): 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
German cars preferably. U got BMW, porshe, Benz and Audi. U can't beat them. But when it comes to maintenance, its a different ball game.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by eaglechild: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
2ndOGA: But come to think of it, some of una wey dey yarn just dey forget say Japanese get their own machines. It's not all about camry and honda folks. smiley

The GTR is an awesome machine,that has almost defied Physics
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Jazzlite: 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
A Shim.

Siena:

Why would you call Jaziridon a dunce?

He / she posted his / her opinion, based upon personal experience, or what he / she has been told. If you don't agree, then for Pete's sake, show some intelligence by refuting his / her claims, rather than hurling verbal abuse. Calling someone names, just because their opinion differs from yours isn't clever, and says more about you as a person, than the person you're insulting.

Now prove Jaziridon wrong, and without resorting to insults this time.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by babyboy3(m): 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
Give me an American Muscle!!!

Muscle beats imports any day

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mrperfect(m): 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
German cars appear to be most favored.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
baby-boy:
Give me an American Muscle!!!

Muscle beats imports any day

I love older Yank tanks. I owned a 1974 Ford Mustang back in the day, great car. I'll get another US classic hotrod at some point, love 'em.

The Americans build huge engines with big power, due to the much lower cost of gasoline. When it comes to handling though, the Euro models have the edge. Which is why even a US-spec Mercedes-Benz gets trounced by the equivalent model. US-spec cars have softer suspension, and are geared more towards comfort on long interstate trips.

Build quality of Euro cars is still unrivalled by that of the Americans. The gap has closed in recent years, but Europe is still ahead. The average American will own some reall nice hot-rod, or modern NA offering, but will still admit Euro boxes are better put together.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Jazzlite: 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Anyway post a car which can beat this....
BMW 760Li

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by babyboy3(m): 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
Siena:

But, Japanese tend to have high-performance models only in Coupe form. The Germans build high-performance models in more body styles, to appeal to a wider market.

Sedan.
Wagon.
Coupe.
Hatchback.
Roadster.
SUV.

The Japanese offerings tend to be non-family friendly 2-door Coupes. It's nice to have a powerful car that is a beast, blisteringly quick, handles well, yet can take the whole family on a trip, and all their luggage too.

Nissan Skyline / GTR - a mean machine, but not practical for a family, so it loses out to the Germans on flexibility.

BMW's SUV idea and technology was first copied from Land Rovers Freelander which was developed by Honda
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by PBundles(m): 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
Sorry but its German all day. J cars are nice and the top of the line are solid, but thats just the case. A normal German car equates to high level J car. Always been a Benz rider and wouldnt trade me new E300 for any J car. Avantgarde with sport button for extra boost, Eco ( its a Hybrid, dont be fooled can still do 7 secs 0-60) gives me 24 km per litre or 66 mpg.

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by babyboy3(m): 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
Jazz lite: Anyway post a car which can beat this....
BMW 760Li

Very good on the petrol

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by eaglechild: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
Siena:

I love older Yank tanks. I owned a 1974 Ford Mustang back in the day, great car. I'll get another US classic hotrod at some point, love 'em.

The Americans build huge engines with big power, due to the much lower cost of gasoline. When it comes to handling though, the Euro models have the edge. Which is why even a US-spec Mercedes-Benz gets trounced by the equivalent model. US-spec cars have softer suspension, and are geared more towards comfort on long interstate trips.

Build quality of Euro cars is still unrivalled by that of the Americans. The gap has closed in recent years, but Europe is still ahead. The average American will own some reall nice hot-rod, or modern NA offering, but will still admit Euro boxes are better put together.
Talking about closing gaps, the Koreans are hot on every ones' heals.

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by WildChild00(m): 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
Japanese cars ofcourse, becos they are more economical in nature, i.e. in terms of fueling cheesy cheesy
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Freiburger(m): 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
When it comes to low fuel consumption rate, the Japanese cars takes the lead, while the German brands will continue to be the people's choice when its comes to durability. Volkswagen isn't a bad choice speaking of durability and low fuel consumption rate at the same time.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by solace8(m): 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
ik.swiss:
Please anyone knows any site I can check up on for cars in Germany cos I heard is not expensive over there....
..... Y some of una go dey behave like learners? Is dis E bay or Amazon, simple question, u cant answer and if we do a cross check, u neva even ready to buy bicycle. cheesy
ik.swiss:
..... Y some of una go dey behave like learners? Is dis E bay or Amazon, simple question, u cant answer and if we do a cross check, u neva even ready to buy bicycle.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by mclaaro(f): 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
Japanese cars are trendy(volkswagen),german cars are classic
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by babyboy3(m): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Siena:

74 Mustang!!

Well my dream car is a 1967 Mustang (Eleanor)

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Amadaz(m): 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
if not for high maintainance of german machines, it wouldvhave been my best but
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Originalsly: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Siena:

Sedan.
Wagon.
Coupe.
Hatchback.
Roadster.
SUV.

True..the GTR is a breed all by itself. I think Nissan cars are usually faster than other cars in the same class. The Maxima is a family sedan and also very fast...how fast should someone be driving with his family?...the Maxima would clock 120mph and you would think you're cruising at 90. Where do you want to go with your family at such speeds?...Heaven?

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Jazzlite: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
1.535 hp V12 twin turbo mill
2.meets the new ballistic protection level VR7 designed to resist all assault rifle attacks
3. 6.0 cm bulletproof glass as well as a reinforced body and explosion-resistant undercarriage that meets the higher VR9 standard.
4. also features a toxic gas sensor, that will immediately detect poison gas attacks, rolls up the windows and shuts down all outside ventilation until air quality is safe.
5.Should there be a fire in the engine bay, the High Security is also fitted with an under-hood extinguisher.
6. The power under the lid propels the High Security to a top speed of 210 km/h and goes from 0-60 mph in 6.2-seconds!
7. gravity defying torque

See what I mean cheesy cheesy cool NEXT!

baby-boy:

Very good on the petrol

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by instinctg(m): 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nothing beats d germans , even d italians bow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Would You Buy This 1914 Peugeot L45 2-seater Racecar For N2.7 Billion? (photos) / My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) / Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51