Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,568 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This (61712 Views)

I've Got An Interview To Attend But I've Chicken Pox. What Should I Do?? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / Job Interview With Ease, (if U Are About To Attend An Interview U Must Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2007
hugebill:

Guys, what is blogging and what is it used for?

A blog is an automated website that you can post your thoughts, articles or whatever you deem fit. You can use it for pleasure or for business. You decide that wink

I love blogging because it helps me express myself in a lot of ways. smiley

You can check out some of my blogs and those of my clients:

- www.naijamotivation.com

- www.careerboostingtips.com

- www.doctorbibbi.com

- www.fulfilledexistence.com

there are just so much of blogs out there wink
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2007
Hello guys,

How are you all doing!

Wishing you all the best in the coming year. This year has been GREAT and I assure you
that Next Year, 2008, will be GREATER. The best is yet to happen to you. wink

God Bless Your Souls! kiss

My parting gift for 2008 is a post on salary negotiation. You will find this piece helpful because I am 100% sure you will be getting your dream job in 2008:
[center]
Five Tactics to Getting the Salary You Want[/center]

Thanks for making me a part of your year this year, hope to do MORE than this in 2008.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 4:20pm On Jan 01, 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR from me to you.

Wishing you the VERY BEST of 2008.

I believe this is the year to make all your dreams come true. No matter what level you are in now, just believe things are changing.

Below is the message of possibilities I pasted on my blog:

WELCOME TO THE YEAR OF POSSIBILITIES

Make your dreams come true this year. smiley
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by sojoct20: 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2008
Hi every one, Please i need information as well as hint on aptitude test/Interview of BRISTOW GROUP (HELICOPTER). my

email address is

hdrz001@yahoo.com
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by yeni(f): 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2008
bolaoni,u are simply d bomb.hope you have stuffs for undergraduates like me.seriously tinkin of wat business 2 start as soon as school resumes.wud really live 2 hear from you soon.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by tytylayor: 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2008
wao! dis is a great site, tnx for dis bolaoni kiss
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by Chydoo: 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2008
Good day all

I was called for a job interview by Ecobank on Saturday, 11th of January due to a test I took sometime in May last year.

I need the house to pls give me specifics on what to expect from this Interview. Also someone should pls tell me how their salary package is like.

Thank you all
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by benmakolo(m): 10:40am On Jan 11, 2008
It's more than thanks for boalani and swordsman for their great job. This sincerely demonstrates how much you believe in the youths of this country and the country Nigeria itself.May God Almighty strengthen you and make us to continue to shower ourselves with such unequalled love.love you all, !!!!1
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2008
Hi guys, thanks for the messages you have dropped hear. Just busy trying to put some stuffs together.

Yeni, I think you have given me an idea. I may start something at the education thread for Undergraduates.
That may not be now though wink
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by kaytye: 6:45pm On Jan 13, 2008
If it's interview questions, especially the IT, engineering and accounting people just go to corpers forum.com. I have seen a couple of links to very good unlimited interview questions there. Goodluck!
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 12:45am On Jan 15, 2008
kaytye,

This is more than knowing the questions. It is about preparing for the interviews and
knowing how to tackle all the questions that will be asked during the interview session.

Thanks for the Corpers forum link, didn't know anything of such exists wink
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 1:27am On Jan 15, 2008
I have been away for long because I have being working on a Manual containing so
many GREAT TIPS that will ensure you come out successful in any job interview you
attend this year. It contains a lot of tips from top experts in Job Interviews.

In fact it is a dream companion to any Job Seeker this year. Check the link on my signature for more information wink

There is a particular section of the manual I will love to give out freely to everybody on this forum. There has been questions on Sample Interview questions and I have stated about
65 questions in the manual. I will be sharing some of this questions with us all:

These questions are in different categories as seen below:

On your educational background

1. Are you interested in pursuing further education?

2. What were your favorite subjects in college?

3. How has your education prepared you for this job?

“Getting-to-know-you questions”…

1. Why did you choose to apply for this job?

2. What can you contribute to the company if we choose to hire you?

3. What do you know about this company?

Career inquiries…

1. Can you manage to work with minimal supervision?

2. Can you accomplish a task under time constraints?

3. Will you be willing to work overtime if the job demands it?

Experiences…

1. Have you ever been pressured by a deadline? How did you handle it?

These are just 10 sample questions. Check my signature to learn more about the
remaining questions
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by icl2008(m): 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2008
how do i do that
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by icl2008(m): 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2008
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
DO YOU WRITE PROGRAMS WITH C++, DOT NET, JAVA etc
DO YOU HAVE OVER 5 YEARS PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE?
DO YOU HAVE A MINIMUM OF SECOND CLASS LOWER?
CAN YOU WORK WITH LITTLE OF NO SUPERVISION
ARE YOU LESS THAN 35YEARS
ARE YOU EARNESTLY IN NEED OF A CHALLENGING JOB?

IF YES TO ALL ASKED ABOVE, APPLY BY SENDING YOUR CV : ahmedsafour@gmailcom.
NOT LATTER THAN END OF FEBRUARY 2008

SALES EXECTIVES
DO YOU HAVE A RECORD OF SUCCESS IN MEETING TARGETS.
ARE YOU A GOOD COMMUNICATOR?
CAN YOU WORK WITH LITTLE SUPERVISION?
ARE YOU AGGRESSIVE, AND A SELF MOTIVATOR
DO YOU LIKE CHALLENGES?
ARE YOU LESS THAN 35 YEARS?
DO YOU HAVE A SECOND CLASS LOWER MINIMUM, OR UPPER CREDIT

IF YES TO ALL ABOVE, APPLY BY SENDING YOUR CV TO: ahmedsafour@gmail.com
NOT LATTER THAN END OF FEBRUARY 2008.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by ajokemi(f): 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2008
HEY! THIS IS GREAT, I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU GUYS.
I JUST WENT FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH U- CONNECT LAST WEEK. DAMN IT WAS FUN TO BE THERE.IM PRAYING THAT ILL SOON BE CALLED AS TOLD BY ONE OF THE INTERVIEWERS.
WHAT I WANT TO KNOW NOW IS ABOUT THE THANK YOU NOTE. HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS
PLC ADVICE IN ORDER FOR ME TO DO ASAP.
cool
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by ajokemi(f): 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2008
Dress appropriately. This one may seem basic, but it's easier said than done. Before you start your rounds of interviews, be sure to have a comfortable, clean, fairly conservative outfit. Don't neglect such crucial details as dark socks for guys or stockings without rips for women. Invest in a nice folder or portfolio in which to stash your resumes - otherwise you'll end up hurriedly smoothing them out after extracting them from the bottom of your backpack.

Be prepared to ask questions. Interviewers expect you to come in with a working knowledge of the company, as well as with a list of questions. When you've really done your homework, though, you may not be able to think of any questions because you already have the company's history, financial statistics, and the CEO's mother's maiden name memorized. If this happens, make up some questions ahead of time to ask during the interview. Also, and this is really crucial, know what the job is that you're applying for before you go into the interview. If you need a description of it, call the company's personnel department and ask to be sent information. If you don't want the personnel department to know it's you calling, have a friend do it.

Memorize your resume. Imagine the embarrassment if your interviewer asks you to elaborate on the summer you spent pearl diving off the coast of Tanzania, and you can't even remember where Tanzania is. For every item on your resume, try to have a paragraph's worth of information, in addition to what is already listed. Even better, try to think of a way in which each item illustrates one of your particular strengths or weaknesses. If you're too nervous to remember everything, it's all right to hold a copy of your resume in your hand to jog your memory. But don't forget to continue making eye contact with your interviewer.

Accentuate the positive. But don't brag too much. The hardest thing about an interview is making yourself sound like the kind of person anyone would want to hire without coming off like an arrogant jerk. At the same time, don't be self depreciating to the point of evaporation. It's important to be able to speak about yourself as objectively as possible.

Practice. This is the most important point. The day before your interview (or even earlier) put on your outfit, sit yourself down in an uncomfortable chair, and have a friend grill you with questions. Or, better yet, have a career counselor conduct a practice interview with you. Many career centers will even videotape your practice interview, so you can see your own strengths and weaknesses (and dandruff).

Relax. By the time interview day rolls around, you should be set. Get a good night's sleep, eat well and take a relaxing walk beforehand. And remember, it's just one job. If you don't get it, it's not the end of the world - it just means that fate has an even better opportunity for you waiting around the corner.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2008
This is not related to Job Interviews, I just felt like posting it because I don't want
to start a new thread for now.

There are so many people that are downcast all because they couldn't secure an
employment. Well maybe what we all need at this time is Internal Motivation. We need to
motivate ourselves to go out and get that job this month or even this year. Ain't you
tired of sitting at home?

Visit the link below to read an article I shared with my friends long ago:

[center]Motivating yourself to find a job[/center]

Happy reading my people and just know that you are not a finished product yet.
There is still hope this month

Out of here for now wink
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by ajokemi(f): 11:23am On Feb 07, 2008
ajokemi:

Dress appropriately. This one may seem basic, but it's easier said than done. Before you start your rounds of interviews, be sure to have a comfortable, clean, fairly conservative outfit. Don't neglect such crucial details as dark socks for guys or stockings without rips for women. Invest in a nice folder or portfolio in which to stash your resumes - otherwise you'll end up hurriedly smoothing them out after extracting them from the bottom of your backpack.

Be prepared to ask questions. Interviewers expect you to come in with a working knowledge of the company, as well as with a list of questions. When you've really done your homework, though, you may not be able to think of any questions because you already have the company's history, financial statistics, and the CEO's mother's maiden name memorized. If this happens, make up some questions ahead of time to ask during the interview. Also, and this is really crucial, know what the job is that you're applying for before you go into the interview. If you need a description of it, call the company's personnel department and ask to be sent information. If you don't want the personnel department to know it's you calling, have a friend do it.

Memorize your resume. Imagine the embarrassment if your interviewer asks you to elaborate on the summer you spent pearl diving off the coast of Tanzania, and you can't even remember where Tanzania is. For every item on your resume, try to have a paragraph's worth of information, in addition to what is already listed. Even better, try to think of a way in which each item illustrates one of your particular strengths or weaknesses. If you're too nervous to remember everything, it's all right to hold a copy of your resume in your hand to jog your memory. But don't forget to continue making eye contact with your interviewer.

Accentuate the positive. But don't brag too much. The hardest thing about an interview is making yourself sound like the kind of person anyone would want to hire without coming off like an arrogant jerk. At the same time, don't be self depreciating to the point of evaporation. It's important to be able to speak about yourself as objectively as possible.

Practice. This is the most important point. The day before your interview (or even earlier) put on your outfit, sit yourself down in an uncomfortable chair, and have a friend grill you with questions. Or, better yet, have a career counselor conduct a practice interview with you. Many career centers will even videotape your practice interview, so you can see your own strengths and weaknesses (and dandruff).

Relax. By the time interview day rolls around, you should be set. Get a good night's sleep, eat well and take a relaxing walk beforehand. And remember, it's just one job. If you don't get it, it's not the end of the world - it just means that fate has an even better opportunity for you waiting around the corner.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by landes(f): 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2008
This forum is simply great,its so good to know we are our brothers' keeper. Thanks to u all for those info cos am actually preparing for an interview with diamond bank.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 2:15am On Feb 09, 2008
best of luck landes. Hope you will share your testimony soon.

wink
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by pataz: 11:35pm On Feb 12, 2008
Hello Guys,
Have you heard of Google adsense? Its the most legal way of Earning over $2,000 a month with just a few mins on the computer.
I hope you know that having a blog or site is the best and fastest way to earn money online because Google advertises on your site and you get paid for the ads placed on your site.

So getting your own site? well leave that to us, We'll build your site, do the necessary hosting and registration with Google and getting the ads on it, set up your adsense account and furnish you with all necessary after service info you'll need to maximize your earrings.
what you will need to earn is to refer people to your site. the more people that visit your site the more your earnings.
we have built sites for over 600 Nigerians and about 400 foreigners and thank God they have success stories to tell.
As we build your site, We'll also connect you to other members and send you latest tips to enhance your earnings.i

its just #5,000 for Nigerians living in Nigeria and $50 if you are outside Nigeria.

If your aim is to make $20,000 a month pls don't bother to contact me.

Sample site www.moneyspinners.tk
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by BOKUS(m): 11:03am On Feb 13, 2008
hurry now while stock last for ur laptops call 08035672558 or email chparah@yahoo.com
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by keshy: 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2008
Thanks for the hints,we shall cross the bridge when will we get there. smiley
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by loveobose: 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2008
can u help in terms of writing a test like say for nigerian beweries
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by cyonujemen(m): 1:39pm On Feb 22, 2008
Where do you see yourself in five year’s time
Pls can someone give me some suggested answers.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by oluloveme: 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2008
please
same410,
i wil like a copy of the
1. 201 Best Questions To Ask On Your Interview
2. Dynamite Answers to Interview Questions
thanks in anticipation of your favourable reply

my email--oluloveme@yahoo.com
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by creamdream: 4:08pm On Feb 26, 2008
great thread!!
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by Johnnoo(m): 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2008
Great Tip!!! i love my dear. keep it up. i have an interview coming on sat 2nd march grin.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by chosenone4(m): 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2008
Good
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 11:25am On Mar 06, 2008
Great one purplepal. Thanks for analysing the reason people don't get employed.

I think you have mentioned the main word: Skills.

People need to develop the right skills in order to get the needed job. When employers see
this trait in anyone, it makes it difficult not to employ such a person.

All the best
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 11:47am On Mar 06, 2008
Here is a theory I read a while ago and I don't know if it will work for someone going for an interview. How will I know unless someone tries it out. So if you are going for an interview, read this and apply it and let us know the result wink

[center]How To Make Yourself Three Times More Likely to Get Hired[/center]

Research done by the executive search industry has shown that the first person interviewed gets the job only 17.6 percent of the time. But the last person interviewed is hired almost 56 percent of the time, or more than three times more frequently.

The reason: As in most human endeavors, people are wary of accepting the first choice offered. Therefore, do what you can to position yourself among the last candidates interviewed, and definitely not among the first. Other reasons include corporate inertia. It’s often customary to move at a glacial pace. The sense of urgency may not exist at the beginning of a search.

Continue below to read the full article:

[center]How To Make Yourself Three Times More Likely to Get Hired[/center]

Waiting for the testimonies here. Best of luck. kiss
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bee84(f): 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2008
hi,
pls does anybody have the format for pricewaterhousecoopers test?
Have been invited for ther test on saturday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / Anheuser-busch Inbev Global Management Trainee Recruitment 2018 / "Meet Me At Mega Hilton Hotel": An Interviewer Told Me. I Have Suffered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.