Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,559 members, 7,955,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:13 PM

Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? (16513 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Nigerian Guy And A Hungry Child In Philippines (Photos) / Missing Child In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
This is one of the things my did for a very long time. The whole house must know you're her favorite..

It's very very bad IMO. Others might think they are not legitimate
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by smile4kenn(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
rowlandwhy:
Last Sunday in church we learnt about Jacob and Esau,
Rebeca loved Jacob to the extent of sacrificing to take his curses.

My question is; Is it good to have a special love on one of your  children in the family?
Thanks

It's possible.

Love is not equal

https://gist.am/question/can-one-love-a-particular-child-more-than-other-children-in-the-family
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by finaltod: 5:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
Totally normal
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by meobizy(f): 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
Solution; birth only one child.
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by tradepunter: 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2021
Wasn't Joseph in the bible the favorite amongst his brothers??

It's natural but you just have to be discreet about it...

Na why na only 2 I wan born, so that the headache that comes with plenty children won't give me HBP

3 Likes

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
rowlandwhy:
I think u guys are correct,
even in the church when this same question was threw to the congregation,
85% of women confessed that they had special interest on a partcular child in the family

later, the question was:
WHAT CAN MAKE PARENTS TO LOVE A PARTICULAR CHILD?

I think the circumstances at birth makes a people love a particular child. The child is a reflection of memories.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by NORSIYK(m): 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
WTF? 2007 THREAD MAKING FRONT PAGE IN DECEMBER 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by HEBEI: 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
If you want your parents to love you more, then be a good and obedient son or daughter. Period!
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Reference(m): 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
It is a recipe for disaster, period.
Wonder why you asked when the outcome in your reference is clear.
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Frales6(f): 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
If the most loved child come get money pass the other ones you know say wahala don set. they will treat the other unloved one as if he/she is an orphan that they're trying to help. Honestly it's a bad behavior from parents.

1 Like

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
Even God had a favorite amongst the prophets. Cos Biblically. Job was the ONLY prophet God vouched for.

“Their is none like him”

1 Like

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2021
rowlandwhy:

My question is; Is it good to have a special love on one of your  children in the family?
Thanks
Nope it's unhealthy and might lead to hate and rivalry among siblings.
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by drimzsmoke(m): 5:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
meobizy:
Solution; birth only one child.

Exactly....after 1 like this,preferably a girl,I'm having a vasectomy without my wife's knowledge!!!
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by TUTU147: 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
Personally my love for my Ada is different, maybe because she is my first fruit.Though I dey try not to show it open because I don't want to create a problem in the family.She makes me to love girl child.
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Abdulsalam32: 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2021
85% of those children loved most end up betraying their parents, i.e Abdulmutalab the terorist boy that wanted to blow up airflight from uk to armstadam,plenty of the turn out to be smokers,drugs addict and idiots.

1 Like

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by chatinent: 6:01pm On Dec 24, 2021
If 2007 post fit reach FrontPage, who am I that person no go wire me ₦500k?

2 Likes

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by TheWolfen(m): 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2021
2007 thread make front page in 2021. Chai.
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by abbey621(m): 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
As parents when you change your orientation from what can I offer my child to what can my child offer me then you've lost the plot! The issue of loving one child more than other is just a placebo effect of deeper underlying issues. Most African parents are self centered hence it is easy to devote more resources to a child you see great potential in than one who is just there, it is also easy to devote resources to a troublesome child than one who is always obedient, call it the goodman curse...lol.

As a child you might think your parents love your sibling more than you but it is just a mirage. Usually the strongest and more obedient child gets less focused on than the troublesome or lazy ones, you might see your mom or dad constantly worrying about your brother or sister and quick to send money or buy something for that child in order to appease him or her but when it comes to you they'll ask you to manage. Both situation shows love, your parents love the troublesome child and believe the increased attention would make him or her a better person. Your parent also loves you because they believe in your independence, your hardwork and responsibility. They trust you more than your sibling and believe that you are a survivor.

Ultimately always look at the bigger picture, parents are human beings incapable of equal anything, we tend to favor one thing over another based on mood or impression but a true parent will move mountains for any of his or her child, this is the minimum expectation of any good parent!

2 Likes

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Kokaine(m): 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
Exactly. The others will hate that one
ifyalways:
yes it is possible and wud continue to happen.its a very tricky situation that should be handled carefully and sensibly cos if the other ones find out,it might cause rift and problems in the family.its an unavoidable error !
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by freshbear(m): 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
I will never encourage such behavior.contrary to popular but misguided believe,it is possible to love all your children equally.This is what I practice.I have seen first hand the devastation of such evil practice on family cohesion and unity.nuf said
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by creolehunt: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
post=108783198:
First, parents can't love kids equally because no two children are identical.
Each child's individual personality fosters loving that is unique to him or her.
This can translate into the child's being the parent's favored or unfavored child.

Sometimes, parents prefer one child over another. Here are some reasons why.
A large proportion of parents consistently favor one child over another.
This favoritism can manifest in different ways: more time spent with one child, more affection given, more privileges, less discipline etc...

We Rise.

You should really be ashamed of yourself.

Consistently lifting articles and opinions online and passing them off as yours.

4 Likes

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2021
rowlandwhy:
I think u guys are correct,
even in the church when this same question was threw to the congregation,
85% of women confessed that they had special interest on a partcular child in the family

later, the question was:
WHAT CAN MAKE PARENTS TO LOVE A PARTICULAR CHILD?
Many reasons,
Gender: (A lot of parents tend to love the child that is the gender they had most difficulty conceiving, a male child in the midst of many female siblings may get treated with more affection especially in cultures that place emphasis on male children and so on.

Having a trait, personality that is preferred by the parent: In a lot of families in Africa the hardworking and obedient child is loved and preferred more by his/her parents

Physical looks: To be honest let's not kid ourselves, parent tend to know the most beautiful kid among their lot and for this reason some parents/parent take more pride in the child that's more beautiful than the others especially when the beauty of the child brings compliments to them.

Being the most successful/brainiest child in the house

Natural phenomenon: some parents can't give a reason why, they just do

and so many other reasons angry

1 Like

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by lakesidepapa(m): 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

grin
Rebekah was just a tool.

She couldn’t help but prefer Jacob because he was the quiet one who probably ran errands for her. cheesy
Mothers usually prefer that child who’s more diligent.

Not really..

The first reason is quite simply because she loved Jacob more than Esau.

27 When the boys grew up, Esau was a skillful hunter, a man of the field, while Jacob was a quiet man, dwelling in tents. 28 Isaac loved Esau because he ate of his game, but Rebekah loved Jacob. - (Genesis 25: 27-28)

The second reason is that the Lord told Rebekah that the elder (Esau) will serve younger (Jacob) and she had to trigger the prophesy to come to pass..
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by AloneTK: 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2021
I think having a favourite among your kids comes naturally, but your ability to force yourself to love them all equally is what helps to strike the needed balance.

There is the possibility however, that one of them, for some reasons known or unknown to you, would surely hold the key to your heart.
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Justkatty(f): 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
It's normal but don't let the other children be aware because at the long run , it creates enemity between siblings.

Show love to everyone of them, if not old age will give you a flashback of what you've done and may be too late.
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by chiboycue: 6:54pm On Dec 24, 2021
rowlandwhy:

Thanks

It is not good to have a special love on one of your children in family so the follow does not suffer the way Joseph suffered in the hands of his brothers after he revealed his dream that the sun, moon and eleven stars bowed down before him to his brothers
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2021
BAZ001:
You can’t help it, in every family you will have daddy’s girl or daddy’s favorite and that’s the one everybody sends to daddy to make demands or ask on behalf of the family.
Sometimes the mother too uses dis style
“ go tell your daddy we need dis at home”.

But dis days Na d one wey resemble papa d most papa dey love d most
Because papa no get mind to do DNA. grin
grin grin
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by phemmyfour: 7:28pm On Dec 24, 2021
rowlandwhy:

Thanks
Not good else his brothers will treat him like Joseph's brothers did to him when Jacob gave him a coat of many colors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids / 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown / Woman Gives Birth To 8 Babies At Once (octupulets)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.