Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,975 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids (16372 Views)

Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. / Pictures to prove that parenting works best by lying constantly to a child. / My Pal's Wife Cheats Constantly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by nickelkid(m): 10:19am On Mar 27, 2013
No one likes being insulted, especially not your kids. Many times parents tend to insult their children when they get angry. This has a very bad effect on the children mentally as it tends to lower their self esteem a great deal.
Moreso, it weakens your relationship with them.

Insulting your kids constantly, drives them away farther from you. They get scared of telling you their secrets because they fear you might use it against them, thereby weakening and reducing the quality of your relationship with them.

I know who's mom told her that she doesn't have a brain and that she probably won't make it in life. She ended up committing suicide. Now tell me, who do you think is responsible for the death of that child.

The question you ask yourself then is, how do you correct them without hurting them(emotionally) or reducing their self esteem?
One thing that works most often is "one on one advice". If your kids make a mistake, you can talk to them and warn them not to do it again.
Personally, I don't believe beating a child with cane is always effective in changing their attitude, even though sometimes it works. Some kids are not bothered about being whipped.

Another way you can help your kids increase their self esteem, is by encouraging them more often. This works most of the time as they become more confident in themselves.

My people, please feel free to make contributions to this topic. Thank you

10 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Darlenebabe: 10:29am On Mar 27, 2013
children re d future leaders of 2morow,parent should build their babies in d way of d lord.it boast their self esteem n imcreases deir confidence any where. treat dem d way u love to b treated by pple

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by adexsimply(m): 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
lol.."insulting ur kids" always reminds me of my dad.. as per not beating ur children, i support that too..cos my younger bro(baby-of-the-house) has taken more than 20 times the number of beatings given to my younger sis and I-he was still the most stubborn kid i have ever met until the last 7-6months when he started changing for better..I THANK GOD 4 HIM SHA..coz he is nw extremely nice
Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by momodub: 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
smiley
Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Nwogbe: 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
noted
Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ur parent insult u n u dey complain my own dem dey beat me in advance for watin I neva do yet

11 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
I think there is a difference between insulting and cursing them . . . I tell my son most times that he is big head and he say it back to me too, but when a parent curse their kids like saying - I know you cant be anything in life, that is dangerous and such pronunciation do have a lasting effect.

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Eneze1(f): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
some parents can never hear, the way they were treated or raised in an inhuman way are being passed to their children, which is very wrong

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Akpaife(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tell them if u cruse ur children out of annoyance u curse ur self also becos if it is well wt them it well wt u also,parent also listen 2 ur children we r d future generation

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by valinda(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
rubish...go n tell my dad dat n he ll insult u angry[b][/b]
Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Ignatio(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
Those insults atimes tend to be curses which manifest in their lives. Be careful with words you say to your kids, though they(kids) can seriously get in the nerves.
Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
In Africa its discipline while in d western world its child abuse
Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Gentleme1: 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
What kind of parent will insult a child?...sounds hard but true then...
Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Scottappish: 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
is very preposterous
Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
My dad constantly did that shit when we were younger and he is currently paying the price.

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by BlackPeni5: 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
Best thread I've seen in many years.

Unfortunately, many Africans consider harsh treatments such as flogging, insulting, harassment, etc as the best form of discipline.

It is the most effective in the short term, but least effective in the long term.

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
reminds me of my dad. my old man needs to get an award for insulting his kids and blending it with koboko.but thank God sha! none of us committed suicide instead it made us great kids. Paale! you too much.

5 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by chucky234(m): 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
ighoosagie: Ur parent insult u n u dey complain my own dem dey beat me in advance for watin I neva do yet
Now this got me laughing so loud in public

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by adexsimply(m): 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
valinda: rubish...go n tell my dad dat n he ll insult u angry[b][/b]
mine too..he even goes to the extent of cursing u... but when he iz nt in one of his dark moods, he could be the nicest DAD in the world..think that has to do with TEMPERAMENTS sha
Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
faporori24:

Bleep you in the name of Uncle Boko Haram
Wareva. U are jealous u made the second position instead of sixth. Abi?? Hahahahaha.
Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by zolajpower: 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
As a kid whn i was grwng up. I had always bn an advocate of training a child wthot d sticks. Cuz frm my xperienc t afectd me a gr8deal. Now am an adult n my mid 30's,i hav a chld i bit her eachtime she does thns wrngly. And dis has degenartd 2 beatin her rgdless of d offence,weda big or smll. At d end of d day i feel remors 4 my offence and feel bad. Since i knw it wl push her away frm me. I thk wth dis thread i wl chng my bhavior 2wards her. God teach us all(as d yoruba ppl will say)hw 2 do t ritd.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by xynerise: 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
what about calling them Antelope? undecided

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by supaeagles(m): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
@OP - it requires dialogue... a real test of one's patience I must add. I personally need to build that too.
Re: Dangers Of Constantly Insulting Your Kids by fuckluv(f): 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
It's lack of education. Funny enough, most of these "disciplinarian" are not even better than the child.
You can with-hold the child's allowance or depriving him access to things he usually does.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? / How The Vagina Looks Like After Child Birth / Can Abstaining From Premarital Sex Make You Faithful To Your Future Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.