Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? (16218 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Nigerian Guy And A Hungry Child In Philippines (Photos) / Missing Child In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Caseywilliams(m): 7:29pm On Dec 24, 2021
rowlandwhy:
Last Sunday in church we learnt about Jacob and Esau,
Rebeca loved Jacob to the extent of sacrificing to take his curses.

My question is; Is it good to have a special love on one of your  children in the family?
Thanks
to me e no pure ooh but to me nah pikin wey dey give him mama joy via character and other wise dey always get this kind favour......i be living witness shaaa
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by tchidi066(f): 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
It's not a new thing, sometimes it's inevitable and they can't help it, I still remain a daddy's girl and I'm the only one among my siblings who can talk to him heart to heart, my immediate elder brother is my mum's favourite, things about him bother her so much, and even at this adult stage, nothing has changed
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Olatara(f): 7:56pm On Dec 24, 2021
HEBEI:
If you want your parents to love you more, then be a good and obedient son or daughter. Period!
Yinmu!
I am my dad's favorite and I abuse it alot. I even talk to him like my brother. My other siblings can't try such.

They send me to get things from my dad.

Nah me wayward pass.
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by javispj(m): 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2021
It happens in every home.. It's not that parents love a particular child over the other. But they know their kids & their behaviors. & parents will naturally prefer the humble and loyal child over the others.. My parents prefer me to my siblings, because I do everything they ask me to without arguing & I use to be the only one who washes my dad's clothes, cars & help my mum massage her legs every time she gets tired. They love us equally, but pay more attention to me, cus i pay more attention to them.. It's simple.. Only a witch will love one of her child over the other for no good reason

1 Like

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by oshonwambada: 8:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
Pappyjesby:
As a good and godly parent it is possible to see that tendency of loving one child more than the others manifesting,
when you begin to notice such what you should do is to discipline your mind, you should not show it or demonstrate
your preference for the child openly to the extent that the rest of the children will perceive it.

Jacob had a special love for Joseph, he demonstrated this foolishly that he could not hide it and the moment the other
children discovered this, conspiracy mixed with outright hatred for Joseph started, Joseph would have been a dead man
if not for the intervention of Reuben, who later manouvered him for sale to slavery. The same thing happened when Jacob discovered that his father Isaac had the pleasure of blessing Esau, that could be out of segregational love also,
he devised a means to deceive his father and get the blessing ahead of his brother Esau.

From time immemorial this has been in practice but the end results had not been palatable so don't allow such in your home, it will promote hatred animousity and bitterness and this will ruin your dream for the children. My prayer is that may God give us the wisdom to train our children in the fear of God.
Can't u write without calling Jacob 'foolish?
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by ifiokjohn(m): 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2021
SARSCoV2:
Even God had a favorite amongst the prophets. Cos Biblically. Job was the ONLY prophet God vouched for.

“Their is none like him”
No, God favorite of the prophets was David. There is a diff between loving someone more and Vouching for that person
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Tzar(m): 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2021
Trust me, ALL parents love each child differently and we all have our favorite. The important thing is NEVER to make it obvious.
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2021
ifiokjohn:
No, God favorite of the prophets was David. There is a diff between loving someone more and Vouching for that person

Can you quote the scripture to support that?

God said, “There is NONE like Him”
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by ifiokjohn(m): 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Can you quote the scripture to support that?

God said, “There is NONE like Him”
God also called David a man after his heart. You seem?
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
ifiokjohn:
God also called David a man after his heart. You seem?

A man after his heart

Their is none like him

From English comprehension, should we be discussing about this?
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by seniormallam(m): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
Growing up, my younger brother would sit in mama's shop and help her sell, he was so reliable that mum don't even bother counting goods or doubt the money he drops, while me, I will be playing ball up and down, and if I eventually come near the shop, it's only to come and move some money to go flex,
I must be mad or something to expect my mum to love us equally.

3 Likes

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by ifiokjohn(m): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
SARSCoV2:

A man after his heart

Their is none like him

From English comprehension, should we be discussing about this?
a Man after his heart means one he loves..... While none like him, means in the whole world there is none as Righteous or none who will not sin no matter what. There is a difference oga. We shouldn't be talking about this.
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2021
ifiokjohn:
a Man after his heart means one he loves..... While none like him, means in the whole world there is none as Righteous or none who will not sin no matter what. There is a difference oga. We shouldn't be talking about this.

I think I need to deploy a dictionary here.

Are you conversant with the word “NONE”

That was a full blown attestation
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Daddy46: 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2021
rowlandwhy:

My question is; Is it good to have a special love on one of your  children in the family?
Thanks
bro as am talking to you now there is serious crisis in my family just because my dad love some of us more that the others,likewise my mom too,it's serious that some information in the house I don't usually hear about them it's goes on and on like that, everyone as who he can die for or stand for,this has been going on for years it's better don't show it,if one is not sound academically don't show it to the other.you must balance it unless you are putting your hands in big trouble
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Thryphosa(m): 9:31pm On Dec 24, 2021
BAZ001:
You can’t help it, in every family you will have daddy’s girl or daddy’s favorite and that’s the one everybody sends to daddy to make demands or ask on behalf of the family.
Sometimes the mother too uses dis style
“ go tell your daddy we need dis at home”.

But dis days Na d one wey resemble papa d most papa dey love d most
Because papa no get mind to do DNA. grin

The last paragraph though! Very brilliant perspection.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Thryphosa(m): 9:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
seniormallam:
Growing up, my younger brother would sit in mama's shop and help her sell, he was so reliable that mum don't even bother counting goods or doubt the money he drops, while me, I will be playing ball up and down, and if I eventually come near the shop, it's only to come and move some money to go flex,
I must be mad or something to expect my mum to love us equally.

True

1 Like

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by asi2013: 9:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
���
BAZ001:
You can’t help it, in every family you will have daddy’s girl or daddy’s favorite and that’s the one everybody sends to daddy to make demands or ask on behalf of the family.
Sometimes the mother too uses dis style
“ go tell your daddy we need dis at home”.

But dis days Na d one wey resemble papa d most papa dey love d most
Because papa no get mind to do DNA. grin
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Ndipe(m): 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
What good comes out of it that you are even asking this question?

rowlandwhy:

My question is; [b]Is it good to have a special love on one of your  children in the family?[/b]
Thanks
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:53pm On Dec 24, 2021
rowlandwhy:

Thanks
Ain’t nothing wrong with that but try not to show it
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by ifiokjohn(m): 10:23pm On Dec 24, 2021
SARSCoV2:

I think I need to deploy a dictionary here.

Are you conversant with the word “NONE”

That was a full blown attestation
None means no one... In the context of that line, it means in the whole world there is no one either as Righteous or one who will not sin because even the statement that follows says... "A blameless Man and upright man who fears God and turns around from evil."..... From this you can see God is talking about Job loyalty to him. That job is loyal to him.. meaning there is none loyal on the earth than job.

Abeg bro, even kiddagarten knows all this abeg.
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by 1Sharon(f): 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2021
This Kobojunkie is everywhere grin
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Kobojunkie: 11:24pm On Dec 24, 2021
1Sharon:
This Kobojunkie is everywhere grin
Na so oo! undecided
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Okeedu(m): 11:30pm On Dec 24, 2021
One of the lie parents tell themselves, but true is they subconsciously have their child but will always.

Hello guys as a newbie in fiverr,my tutoring videos can help you get an attractive account, and show you how best to maximize gigs reviews and optimisation,
And if you got some doubt,it comes with a guarante,if you don't have results.

Check my signature to DM me
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by 1Sharon(f): 11:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Na so oo! undecided

Pls can you stop with the undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided emoji
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
1Sharon:
Pls can you stop with the undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided emoji
That's part of my TM undecided
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by 1Sharon(f): 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That's part of my TM undecided

It sucks undecided undecided
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Kobojunkie: 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
1Sharon:
It sucks undecided undecided
undecided
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Karemarealty288(m): 4:20am On Dec 25, 2021
I love my three children equally cos they have different characteristics of me.

My first Daughter has my Cunny character and sharp
My Son has my Funny, Accommodating and Smartness
My last Daughter...my meaness, very careful observer hyper intelligent and Bold.
When I watch them play and argue it gives me this fulfilment and joy.

Funny enough they are all my carbon copy.
Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Owologbo(m): 6:21am On Dec 25, 2021
ifyalways:
yes it is possible and wud continue to happen.its a very tricky situation that should be handled carefully and sensibly cos if the other ones find out,it might cause rift and problems in the family.its an unavoidable error !
It's normal to me. we can't love everyone equally.
And I don't have problem if I'm loved less than others; someone must take that position. Don't just deny me my right.

1 Like

Re: Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? by Jazzman01: 7:41am On Dec 25, 2021
rowlandwhy:

Thanks

Yeah but as a parent, you have to hide it. If it becomes conspicuous, then you will create serious enmity between your children. I know of many families that have been torn apart as a result of this. The parents are old and if you see the way their children relate with each other, you will begin to wonder if it was the same father and mother that gave birth to them. So much hostility and hatred.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Rejects Old Naira Notes As Bride Price In Niger / Another Nigerian Couple Delivers White Baby / Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.