Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,108 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Your Advice! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Advice! (6962 Views)

Dear Family, Your Advice Is Urgently Needed / I Need Your Advice As Regards My Family Issue. / Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Advice! by osobanson: 1:22am On May 09, 2012
Yetunde, I advise you to email me if you want my advice as a Health Educationist. Abortion can be dangerous to your health and you may live to regret it for the rest of your life even when you get married (the scar or the un-healed wound of the heart), also depending on the type of abortion. I will render my own professional view when you email me on gbengus_guy@yahoo.co.uk. Don't do anything funny yet please. Plz lets be careful with the kind of counsel we give to people in their time of need and don't be too swift to judge any man no matter how foolish their decision may seems to be. All men are frail, no matter how strong you may think you are. you discover this in the days of your own trouble. be careful. Its good to also let you know that a life without Jesus Christ is heading towards a disastrous end,RECEIVE JESUS TODAY AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR FOR TOMORROW MAY BE TOO LATE
Re: Your Advice! by osobanson: 1:24am On May 09, 2012
yetunde01: I am a student in 300level, my boyfriend is in his final year. We are in the same school, and am pregnant for him,but he is saying "He is not ready" to be a father now. Right now I am scared, I don't know what to do,my pregnancy is a month old,I can't tell my parents right now. Please help.

Yetunde, I advise you to email me if you want my advice as a Health Educationist. Abortion can be dangerous to your health and you may live to regret it for the rest of your life even when you get married (the scar or the un-healed wound of the heart), also depending on the type of abortion. I will render my own professional view when you email me on gbengus_guy@yahoo.co.uk. Don't do anything funny yet please. Plz lets be careful with the kind of counsel we give to people in their time of need and don't be too swift to judge any man no matter how foolish their decision may seems to be. All men are frail, no matter how strong you may think you are. you discover this in the days of your own trouble. be careful. Its good to also let you know that a life without Jesus Christ is heading towards a disastrous end,RECEIVE JESUS TODAY AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR FOR TOMORROW MAY BE TOO LATE

(Report Post) (Modify Post) (Quote Post)

2 Likes

Re: Your Advice! by rotex60(m): 6:49am On May 09, 2012
Pls dnt jez try abortion cuz itz a deadly step..........tell dat nonsence 24 year old boy dat God has jez given him a huge opportunity 2 be a fada nd about d shame'''' dere's no shame anywhere jooooor, if he truley luvs u he'll take d baby nd sit up as a fada not a bwoy, remind him of hw he promisd u heaven and earth b4 getting u layd down............. Dis might jez be d only opportunity 4 u guys 2 be parents.... Pray 4 God's help and take charge..........may God help U dearest!!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Advice! by yetunde01(f): 11:16am On May 09, 2012
Thanks to everyone that has advised me one way or the other. God bless you.
Re: Your Advice! by janiebravo(f): 1:19pm On May 09, 2012
Yetunde, i feel you, i was only 21 n in my final yr at school when i found my self pregnant for my boyfriend of 3yrs who was 27 at the time, i kept my baby and now she is a pretty 6yrs old cutie, i am glad i did, her dad whom am not married to is glad i did, she is the apple of my parents' eye (the same parents who were so angry with me i thought they would never forgive me). It wasn't easy and its not going to be easy for you either, either way you look at it - keeping it or aborting it. But sit and think carefully, and then pray for strength cos u r gonna need it. Whichever you choose to do, you gonna face the consequences.

With all these silly comments i see here on NL, i should tell you now that you gotta get used to hearing a lotta bullshit, but remember its just bullshit! so ignore, move on and do what you have to do. Cheers darling.

4 Likes

Re: Your Advice! by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 09, 2012
This morning a 24yr old married to a 29yr old gave birth. i'm a witness

@op ---> think of the future, aborting the child may not be the best option. I'll advise you keep it. ok. Now start preparing for the challenges

1 Like

Re: Your Advice! by tobsonkings: 2:36pm On May 09, 2012
DiscuSs with him and let him knw ur decision whether he aCcept the baby or not! Then don't fail to tell ur mum before facing ur dad and mum. U don't have to hide it frm them. U can differ a session or two. To attend to the baby. Its aint over until u give up! My pin is 221935EA. We can always bE friends okay.
Re: Your Advice! by Coldfeet(f): 2:38pm On May 09, 2012
angry My God!!! Na human being dey NL or what? How is abortion the best option? Your parents should have aborted you since its no big deal@ OP shame on you at 23 you don't know what condom is? Abi tuface na ya brother? Anyway shi.t happens. Let me tell you I got pregnant by my bf at 18! He was 20yrs! I thought my world would come to an end when he bolted and denied me! My parents made me saw hell! at first, while my mates were writing jamb I was going for anti natal! The shame was unbearable! But looking back now with my 10yr old twin boys by my side! I realised that keeping that pregnancy was the BEST! Decision I ever took. Today am married to the same man! Please please please! your parents won't kill you that's for sure, even if they send you packing it will only be temporary,go to your mum or his mum if you know her and tell them about it or is it your own selfish reason that is pushing you to abort? If schooling is so important to you or you understand what you are being taught unprotected sex you wouldn't have had.

5 Likes

Re: Your Advice! by Idowuogbo(f): 2:40pm On May 09, 2012
^Mama twinsssss! Nicey!
Re: Your Advice! by Coldfeet(f): 2:51pm On May 09, 2012
Idowuogbo: ^Mama twinsssss! Nicey!
cool cool cool another set are on their way!!
Re: Your Advice! by Idowuogbo(f): 2:53pm On May 09, 2012
Coldfeet: cool cool cool another set are on their way!!
Wow I hope dem b triplets o! Amennnnn lol
Re: Your Advice! by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 09, 2012
Funny people! don't women die of childbirth? you want to use fear to make the girl do what you want instead of being constructive with your advice. let the op be the one to choose for herself. stop scaring the poor girl with cheap lies. abi una don abort and lost your womb? or your family member don die from abortion before? too many hypocrites here.
Re: Your Advice! by seunadeolu(m): 7:13pm On May 09, 2012
you can't serve two masters at a time, so it better you boycott your studies and present the baby as your first degree to your parents SHEKENA!
Re: Your Advice! by Smilenw(f): 9:02pm On May 09, 2012
I still do not understand the difference between an abortion and a morning after pill. In essence, aren't they both preventing a life from coming into this world? With all these abuses raining on this woman, I'm forced to believe Nigeria is turning into a country comprised only of responsible 'holier than thou' folks who hardly engage in pre-marital physical relation. I wonder if you'll would've blamed this girl the same way had this pregnancy been the result of a violation ?

OP, I still do not understand why you are with a man who cannot stand by you at one of your most trying phase in life yet, which has been caused by him at that. Stop associating with eunuchs like him. Ironically, millions of women are praying for your current 'problem'( there is even a thread in the family section where women trying to conceive have been discussing their physical and emotional plights) 23yrs is not a tender age (Many get married at that age) You are old and strong enough to be running a household, taking care of husband and kids. So its not as if you are some under aged teenager who is still developing physically and who is not mature enough to carry and give birth to a child. Strangers on internet forums cannot help you to make a decision; they can only offer suggestions. People here don't know who you are or what your ambitions are. People here don't know what sort of familial and financial background you come from. People here can't and won't be around to bear the consequences of whatever you decide to do with your pregnancy. So pray hard and ask God to give you the wisdom to make the right decision. Goodluck !

2 Likes

Re: Your Advice! by tpia5: 9:25pm On May 09, 2012
poster i seriously sympathize with you.

is it the boyfriend whose manhood you were yanshing here:

https://www.nairaland.com/757663/pls-help-boyfriend-manhood

how did you carry belle this year if you've been having s.ex long before now.

was it an accident or something?

lord have mercy.

and when did you have time for your studies assuming this is a true thread.
Re: Your Advice! by tpia5: 9:26pm On May 09, 2012
so it better you boycott your studies and present the baby as your first degree to your parents

isnt a baby different from a first degree. . . . . . ?
Re: Your Advice! by ronkebp(f): 12:40am On May 10, 2012
tpia@:
poster i seriously sympathize with you.

is it the boyfriend whose manhood you were yanshing here:

https://www.nairaland.com/757663/pls-help-boyfriend-manhood

how did you carry belle this year if you've been having s.ex long before now.

was it an accident or something?

lord have mercy.

and when did you have time for your studies assuming this is a true thread.

i could not help but laugh @ the "yanshing part"...Tpia cracks me up.....
Re: Your Advice! by sisqology(m): 12:45am On May 10, 2012
Re: Your Advice! by moremi2008(m): 1:49am On May 10, 2012
This thread is just sad. Some people are truly stuck in medieval times. Good luck with the rest of your ruined life. Just pray the boy marries you (and that he hasn't infected you with incurable herpes). Daft girl.
Re: Your Advice! by Ivynwa(f): 2:59am On May 10, 2012
What are all these insults/name-calling/fear-inducing/negative/ruined talks on a young girl that made a mistake that many have made/passed through/survived/succeeded/overcome?
Clap for yourselves all you clean/holy/perfect/whole/untainted persons that have never erred in their lives.

Yetunde you got a very nice comment from Janiebravo in this post-----

janiebravo: Yetunde, i feel you, i was only 21 n in my final yr at school when i found my self pregnant for my boyfriend of 3yrs who was 27 at the time, i kept my baby and now she is a pretty 6yrs old cutie, i am glad i did, her dad whom am not married to is glad i did, she is the apple of my parents' eye (the same parents who were so angry with me i thought they would never forgive me). It wasn't easy and its not going to be easy for you either, either way you look at it - keeping it or aborting it. But sit and think carefully, and then pray for strength cos u r gonna need it. Whichever you choose to do, you gonna face the consequences. With all these silly comments i see here on NL, i should tell you now that you gotta get used to hearing a lotta bullshit, but remember its just bullshit! so ignore, move on and do what you have to do. Cheers darling.

It is a difficult position for a young lady to be in, as you are already in that position think of how to overcome it all and still stand. I am not mentioning abortion at all because you shouldn't kill. [size=16pt]If you are the one in your mother's womb and she is 23, in school and your father is not ready for a family, will you like to be killed by them?[/size]. Please go ahead and have that child, mouths will talk, parents will talk, insults will be rained on you but some day that child will be precious to you. Tell your parents, tell your boyfriend's parents so that if he is not capable of caring for the child his parents may help out. Tell that your boyfriend that you are having the child whether married or not and that he should be ready to provide for his child and be very very careful with him because some men drug women or deceive them and abort the child themselves only for the women to realize what happened after the deed is done.

Just keep your head up and muster strength and courage. All of us came to existence through sex, the persons abusing you here are having se-x too. What will prevent you from telling your parents or make you abort it if not the fear that they will come to know that you are having se-x? What is the truth? You Yetunde is sexually-active (you are having s-ex) so square up your shoulder if anybody looks at you accusingly and in judgement, go your way without minding them. It is the people you give the power to bring you down that can bring you down.

Single mothers work hard and succeed like single women. Brandy the musician has a child out of wedlock and is successful too.Don't listen to anybody that is telling you that you are no good, that your life is ruined or that you will never get a husband (my cousin lost her boyfriend to a single mother because the fiance's family prefered a woman they are sure can give them children). I am not clapping for you for getting pregnant unplanned and when you are not ready for it. I am only saying that the milk is spilt already just clean it up neatly without messing/complicating/injuring or even killing yourself aborting.

1 Like

Re: Your Advice! by moremi2008(m): 5:08am On May 10, 2012
^^^^ Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... how many times do we want to deal with this type of medieval nonsense. If the foolish girl couldn't get on the pill, insist on protection or have an abortion, then she should carry the fetus to term and stop seeking sympathetic ears on the Internet. I just can't stand foolish girls who like to play big girl but can't take responsibility for their big-girl decisions. Did she think she had super-human spermicidal powers when she laid there and let him ejaculate inside her? Why is she acting surprised that the guy, a student, doesn't want a baby? She put herself in this situation and she should get herself out of it. It's a tough world out there and I am sorry that I have no sympathy for self-induced problems.
Re: Your Advice! by mykejones(m): 5:12am On May 10, 2012
For those people comin here 2tel u success stories about how their own unplanned pregnancies became a source of joy 2them,know that there are hundreds of thousands others that are presently a nuisance to the world.
You better don't deceive urself,that's just the fact. None of us knows ur household,u alone do. U knw if the child wld be welcomed or nt.
Adolf Hitler wld have been aborted,but his mum was adviced against it. "He/she will b a great child" they all kept saying. He was indeed great!
Re: Your Advice! by sisqology(m): 6:16am On May 10, 2012
Wetin do postinor2? This is dumb jare, yetunde... Face it! Abort it! Simple
Re: Your Advice! by Nobody: 7:17am On May 10, 2012
no big deal.... smiley (welcome me back smiley )
Re: Your Advice! by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 10, 2012
what would you have done had your mum aborted you?

noting. you can't miss a life you've never lived. fact!

stop blackmailing the girl and allow her to make her decision.
Re: Your Advice! by ronkebp(f): 7:38pm On May 10, 2012
sisqology: Wetin do postinor2? This is dumb jare, yetunde... Face it! Abort it! Simple

i wonder ooooo, nonsense girl!!!!!
Re: Your Advice! by sisqology(m): 8:19pm On May 10, 2012
Hahaha
Re: Your Advice! by mutter(f): 9:25pm On May 10, 2012
Please are we in 1012
There is no need to get so rude.
My dear what happened to you can happen t any woman and you do not deserve the insults flying here.
I wish God can give you the courage to say yes to life.
What are your reasons for wanting to terminate the pregnancy?
You need to overcome your fear and approach your family.

1 Like

Re: Your Advice! by Busybody2(f): 10:37pm On May 10, 2012
^^^
Good evening Mz Mutter kiss

@ OP

Following Tpia's post about your boyfriend's encounter with those STD's, you urgently need to get yourself checked out for HPV and its Cousins and Brothers and Sisters. These STD's can cause infertility or Cervical cancer oh, before you end up shooting yourself in the foot with an "had I known" story oh.
Re: Your Advice! by Nobody: 7:13am On May 11, 2012

1 Like

Re: Your Advice! by mutter(f): 8:30am On May 11, 2012
OP -
I missed you chaircover kiss kiss
It was real rough coping with the kids , work and the new baby.
Re: Your Advice! by moremi2008(m): 9:13am On May 11, 2012
chaircover: Are we saying that everyone who has insulted this poster are either abstaining from sex or are on birth control every single time?

Why are we so self righteous sometimes? and who is fooling who? Even as a married woman I sometimes find myself frantically doing date calculations after times that too much wine has equaled lipsrsealed

I personally do not agree with abortion and I believe that there are solutions for every problem. @poster there is nothing new under the sun so sit down and have a think about what what you want to do and as bisi said, please have urself checked for herpers. Herpes can infect the baby during delivery and this can be fatal.

I have dated many smart women who don't play with birth control. You can't be against abortion and NOT be a birth-control Nazi; the two should go hand-in-hand. Let's call a spade a spade; the lady was foolish. Now she needs to face the repercussion of her decision ( having a child out-of-wedlock or an abortion). She should take this experience as a lesson learned and either close her legs next time or get on birth control pills until she's ready for more babies. Let's not confuse sentiments with giving realistic advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) / Whats Wrong With This Photo Of A Semi Unclad Mother Breast-feeding Her Baby / 26 Rules For Preventing Your Housemaid From Snatching Your Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.