Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' (19347 Views)

Muna Obiekwe Imposter Accepts He’s Truly Dead, He Signs Out From His Account / Photo Of Muna Obiekwe On A Dialysis Machine, Prior To His Death / Toni Payne Absolutely Disrespects 9ice. "money Made From Tradition Album Is Bloo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by 9zeros(m): 6:47pm On May 09, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Homie keep that to yourself. I am real deep. I was one guy who knew every track of Nas Stillmatic album from track one to the end. Small hint, the voice on that video, Andre Blaze, we are real homies. We used to freestyle together back in the days. Listen to her flow on i no send u female and say she is not talented. So don't criticize me.
if u're really deep, u wont say muna is tight. btw, d only smokin b1tch on dat remix was 'blaise'. if u luv nas, u'd be stuck 2 illmatic nt stillmatic. i breath rap, belee dat. its beyond deep, underground is where rap lives.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Bontee: 6:57pm On May 09, 2012
Hoodrat:

I disagreed with you.. lets call a spade a spade that gyal is proud,rude and uneducated. She is not well thought at home. I wont be surprise if she dropped out of school because her actions shows the kind of education she posses. Also wont be surprise if she traded her beauty to get to where she is today for anything goes in Nigeria. All the best to her with her disorganised life.

Would you have said she was proud, rude and uneducated before this situation?

kokoA:

Wait until your junior tells you trash in public, then come here and tell you how you felt and reacted ok? Oh! so because he is mode9, he has no emotions again abi? undecided

Oga what would be the criteria in distinguishing the senior or junior person in this relationship and in what context? ( Better Rap artist ). Shebi mode9 also met people in the nigerian music industry and even went toe to toe with them and we all hailed him ( Abi those ones no senior mode9 with your criteria )?. grin

1 Like

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by nelly4(f): 7:06pm On May 09, 2012
really i av just only calmed down after reading all yaa'l posts or else i would personally pay a boko haram bomber to blow her ass off the face of that stage......damn......after straffing her way up d social ladder she finks mode nine is d person he can diss & get away wiv.........what a slut

1 Like

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 09, 2012
¶ pity for most of u men who says MUNA or MANU Is right cos u guys r makin tins difficult for †ЂΞ rest of us by spoilin our girls. U HªvΣ all turned urselves τ̅o rags ǰUsτ cos of pusi. Shame!

3 Likes

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Bontee: 7:11pm On May 09, 2012
^^

It is not a man versus woman issue so stop thinking it that way and look at it as two people having a communication issue or what difference would it make if muna was replaced with a man?, would have have thinked or interpreted it differently?. undecided

1 Like

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:17pm On May 09, 2012
9-zeros:

if u're really deep, u wont say muna is tight. btw, d only smokin b1tch on dat remix was 'blaise'. if u luv nas, u'd be stuck 2 illmatic nt stillmatic. i breath rap, belee dat. its beyond deep, underground is where rap lives.
Guy, I bumped illmatic but always preferred Stillmatic. That aside she is a beauty queen turned rapper. That leap is huge. To rap amongst those ladies and deliver shows she knows her stuff. She just must have felt the flow of the other rapper and disagreed with the decision. That doesn't mean she lacks respect but mode trying to put her down caused her to tell him to pass tha mic.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by pek(m): 7:26pm On May 09, 2012
That's what happens when u put a square peg in a round hole. She was meant to present and not judge. Even if she didnt agree with mode9, it wasnt in her place to say so.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Bontee: 7:27pm On May 09, 2012
[b]“To Whom It May Concern.

It has come to my attention that the unfortunate incident that occurred at the Nokia “Don’t Break The Beat” competition on Saturday the 28th of April 2012, where RMG artiste Muna was a Presenter, and Nigerian rap icon Mode 9 was a Judge, has turned into a media/blog frenzy.

This unfortunate misunderstanding happened on stage, and the verbal exchange between Muna and Mode 9, even though it started out as opinions quickly escalated into what I’m sure we all have seen in the clip posted on the Internet by Nigezie.

Mode 9 and Muna did not have any pre-existing misunderstanding or “beef” before the Nokia event. Muna’s brief as a Presenter, aside introducing the Contestants and asking the Judges for their remarks and scores, was to add more banter to the judging process, this she had done very well and incident free throughout the Zonal “rap battles” in cities like Lagos, Enugu, Benin and Abuja.

As Muna’s management, we are duty bound to take care of this situation professionally, issue statements and all that, but as I’m in a privileged position and I know all parties involved personally, including co-judges Rogba (CEO, Knighthouse) and DJ Jimmy Jatt, I had called everyone involved to sort out this unfortunate issue amongst ourselves the morning after the incident. The clip of the incident surfacing on the Internet only just re-ignited what we’ve been trying to diffuse since the very next day.

Like I said, we all have seen the video clip, and the interviews that followed, and of course the onslaught of comments on the internet, the justified, the objective, the insults, the threats of violence and of course a few sensible and supportive ones as well. Time will tell if Muna and Mode 9 trending on Twitter would prove to be a good thing and we’ll all get together and laugh about it later.

Muna is a fast rising talent in the rap game, this was recognized by Nokia who gave her the opportunity to appear in their TV commercial and also present the “Don’t Break The Beat” competition which was a massive success. The brand also showed some street cred by employing the undisputed knowledge of rap in appointing Mode 9 as the Head Judge at the Finals. We would like to thank Nokia and the team at YDx for putting together a successful competition.

Lastly, I would like to reiterate that this issue will not be resolved publicly and played out in the media or on blog pages for the amusement and enjoyment of gossip junkies and gist merchants. I’m sorry to disappoint those who are waiting with their mouths open, there will be no leaked emails, back and forth exclusive interviews or Twitter “gangsterisms”. At least not from our side, and as you all know, Mode 9 is big a man enough not to subscribe to media hype over something that, quite rightly, he took as disrespectful but not life threatening. This is Hip Hop, not the Civil War Part 2.

Ayo Shonaiya
The RMG Company.”[/b]
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:28pm On May 09, 2012
Jenams: ¶ pity for most of u men who says MUNA or MANU Is right cos u guys r makin tins difficult for †ЂΞ rest of us by spoilin our girls. U HªvΣ all turned urselves τ̅o rags ǰUsτ cos of pusi. Shame!
Who said she is right? We are saying that after she disagreed with Mode's decision he shouldn't have made a big deal of it. Telling her he has listened to old tracks back in the days makes his hip hop knowledge superior is not a clear cut reason to make her opinion irrelevant. This is a different time, anyone interested can go online and get old hip hop classics. When THE GAME was shot, his brother bought him all the greatest hip hop classic albums, he studied them and a rapper who sold 4 million copies in his first year was born.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 09, 2012
Nigerians and their nonsense respect that will kill them. Same jaguda/agbero attitude you see them exhibiting here on NL when in disagreement. No sense of decorum and diplomacy in public. A disagreement is a disagreement, there is absolutely no need to be antagonistic when someone disagrees with you. A sensible person would have asked Muna to elaborate on why she has an opposing opinion, and not go on some ego trip. If she cannot give you tangible reasons why she feels the way she feels, then you win your argument with grace. Freaking educated illiterate, of which in this case is mode 9.

6 Likes

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Immune1(m): 7:33pm On May 09, 2012
I think I know where dis coming from;in one of terry d rapman's songs he dissed muna and suggested she sleeps around shamelessly.So maybe she is just using dis opportunity to lash out on one of em swat root boyz......u knw gals and beef nah;its even worse when a typical gal is immature like I think in her case.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Bontee: 7:46pm On May 09, 2012
stillwater: Nigerians and their nonsense respect that will kill them. Same jaguda/agbero attitude you see them exhibiting here on NL when in disagreement. No sense of decorum and diplomacy in public. A disagreement is a disagreement, there is absolutely no need to be antagonistic when someone disagrees with you. A sensible person would have asked Muna to elaborate on why she has an opposing opinion, and not go on some ego trip. If she cannot give you tangible reasons why she feels the way she feels, then you win your argument with grace. Freaking educated illiterate, of which in this case is mode 9.

God Bless You . . . smiley

1 Like

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Basildon1(m): 7:51pm On May 09, 2012
Immune#1:
I think I know where dis coming from;in one of terry d rapman's songs he dissed muna and suggested she sleeps around shamelessly.So maybe she is just using dis opportunity to lash out on one of em swat root boyz......u knw gals and beef nah;its even worse when a typical gal is immature like I think in her case.
Guy, go and fetch water with basket jor! Making up imaginary shyt and all!

stillwater: A disagreement is a disagreement, there is absolutely no need to be antagonistic when someone disagrees with you. A sensible person would have asked Muna to elaborate on why she has an opposing opinion, and not go on some ego trip.
CORRECT!! M9 come dey shout TRRUSSST MI, TRRUSST MI! Dude just lost cool points!

1 Like

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 09, 2012
The REAL issue is that it is NOT Muna's job, as a compere, to state her opinion - let alone disagree with a judge's opinion. It is as simple as that. Mode 9's reaction is completely irrelevant in this matter; even if he had openly called her a dumb b.i.t.c.h, he would have still been blameless as far as I am concerned. I hate it when people suggest that you should accept deliberate insults with "grace" or with 'maturity" (whatever that means). That only strengthens the impunity of the offender and makes her think she's always right and can get away with anything unscathed. People need to be put in their place when they deliberately disrespect others. Whenever issues like this happen, the only blame should go to the party that STARTED it, regardless of the offended party's reaction.

1 Like

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by OsawaruDanielOsula: 7:54pm On May 09, 2012
Twas A set up Jor.... The Day before The contest Muna tweeted "I would be Playing Angry Bird at the nokia contest tomorrow.hehehe" u can view her tweets to find out...buh that doesn't mean she got the best attitude though, at the Benin Regional Qualifiers where Mr Biggsplash (a Benin City based Rapper) was Judging;Biggsplash was Judging an artist that just perfomed and was like "if I had a gun to my head I would still pick you..."He was still talking when the Aproko Muna wey be ordinary presenter just shout from stage say make him pass the mic jare ...who would put a gun to ur head sef? :oTwas A set up Jor.... The Day before The contest Muna tweeted "I would be Playing Angry Bird at the nokia contest tomorrow.hehehe" u can view her tweets to find out...buh that doesn't mean she got the best attitude though, at the Benin Regional Qualifiers where Mr Biggsplash (a Benin City based Rapper) was Judging;Biggsplash was Judging an artist that just perfomed and was like "if I had a gun to my head I would still pick you..."He was still talking when the Aproko Muna wey be ordinary presenter just shout from stage say make him pass the mic jare ...who would put a gun to ur head sef?

1 Like

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Ejine(m): 7:56pm On May 09, 2012
Whoa guys! I'm coming back to this thread to see people have taken this issue to a whole new level.

What Muna did may be wrong and unprofessional, but I don't subscribe to raining such hateful insults on her.

How exactly did this degenerate to the point of accusing her of sleeping around, as well as making crude references to her genitilia? Jeeeez, it hasn't gotten to that o!

Please, remember that as much as we may say on the issue, it is still between both parties, and is left to them to settle maturedly.

No come carry another person matter for your head oh. Remember she's still human, and a beautiful, talented rising star for that matter.
Sinking to such depths by calling her nasty things is taking it a wee bit too far.

Chill out..

2 Likes

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Ejine(m): 8:07pm On May 09, 2012
Osawaru Daniel Osula: Twas A set up Jor.... The Day before The contest Muna tweeted "I would be Playing Angry Bird at the nokia contest tomorrow.hehehe" u can view her tweets to find out...buh that doesn't mean she got the best attitude though, at the Benin Regional Qualifiers where Mr Biggsplash (a Benin City based Rapper) was Judging;Biggsplash was Judging an artist that just perfomed and was like "if I had a gun to my head I would still pick you..."He was still talking when the Aproko Muna wey be ordinary presenter just shout from stage say make him pass the mic jare ...who would put a gun to ur head sef? :oTwas A set up Jor.... The Day before The contest Muna tweeted "I would be Playing Angry Bird at the nokia contest tomorrow.hehehe" u can view her tweets to find out...buh that doesn't mean she got the best attitude though, at the Benin Regional Qualifiers where Mr Biggsplash (a Benin City based Rapper) was Judging;Biggsplash was Judging an artist that just perfomed and was like "if I had a gun to my head I would still pick you..."He was still talking when the Aproko Muna wey be ordinary presenter just shout from stage say make him pass the mic jare ...who would put a gun to ur head sef?

Oga, Angry Birds is a game oh. I even have it installed in my iPhone. I think you totally misunderstood her on that one.

1 Like

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 09, 2012
It's an insult to disagree with someone? shocked grin Very laughable.

4 Likes

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Bontee: 8:36pm On May 09, 2012

Tweets

26m ago

Muna abii ‏ @muna01
@modenine I want us to be cool like before and as we were just before the Nokia show. Pls accept my apology.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

43m ago Muna abii ‏ @muna01
@modenine Modey, I know we had a chat, & still face2face when I get back, but 2 put a stop to all this madness. I'm sorry boo.

I hope this will calm all the unnecessary nerves lol over a small issue that has been blown out of proportion. cool

2 Likes

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:49pm On May 09, 2012
Bontee:

I hope this will calm all the unnecessary nerves lol over a small issue that has been blown out of proportion. cool
very touching, who says lyricist don't have heart.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by kokoA(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2012
Na wah o.. This muna girl became popular overnight o.. grin thanx to mode9. Tomorow now she go release song title am "what i didn't tell mode9" grin Anyway, good she has apologised.. The moral of the story be say "even if elder mess, small piking supose just cova him nose instead of to open mouth laf" grin..
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by nku5: 9:15pm On May 09, 2012
Chei! What and obtuse little girl. That's what you get when you copy oyibo culture and fail to flog students in our schools. Stoopid brat!
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by dj5naira(m): 9:19pm On May 09, 2012
Muna, the female specie of ruggedman, though without head warmers perhaps Igele might fit.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:25pm On May 09, 2012
9-zeros:

What makes u think i don't feel the underground. Let me give u some names over the top. Chino XL, Fredie Foxx, Illmaculate, Ya Boy, Hot Dollar, Pitch Black, Juice from Arizona he used to be on Black Wall Street, Self Scientific, Cyssero ( formerly Rockstar when he was on Black WallStreet), Gillie Da Kid.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Tosynoe2(m): 10:02pm On May 09, 2012
To be frank nd nt judgemental....muna was undisputedly nd outrightly uncouth nd ill-mannered..gosh...can't just b'liv she did dat....i'm so gutted!
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Hoodrat(m): 10:06pm On May 09, 2012
Bontee:

Would you have said she was proud, rude and uneducated before this situation?

Oga what would be the criteria in distinguishing the senior or junior person in this relationship and in what context? ( Better Rap artist ). Shebi mode9 also met people in the nigerian music industry and even went toe to toe with them and we all hailed him ( Abi those ones no senior mode9 with your criteria )?. grin

Well from my own perspective the way she acted wasnt right for someone who claimed to be educated/ex beauty queen for that matter..What is beauty without a good character? abeg i am sure you wont want your girlfriend to act rude or look down on your mum/dad for what is worth. I am not a fan of mode9 or the gyal but I beg lets call a spade a spade. onto the next one. wink
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by 9zeros(m): 10:07pm On May 09, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: What makes u think i don't feel the underground. Let me give u some names over the top. Chino XL, Fredie Foxx, Illmaculate, Ya Boy, Hot Dollar, Pitch Black, Juice from Arizona he used to be on Black Wall Street, Self Scientific, Cyssero ( formerly Rockstar when he was on Black WallStreet), Gillie Da Kid.
being underground doesnt make a rapper tight. d only smokin name u got here is ya boy. its about lyricism not cali swag n funky beats. check these smokin under-dogs: black-thought, cormega, last-emperor, slaughter house, az, poetic(r.i.p), pharoah, talib kwali, immortal, tech9ne e.t.c. in a rapper, i look out 4 realness, street wizdom, n amazin lyrical wordplay. blod, i dont jst listen to rap, i live it. m from d streets, belee dat. muna is trash.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by silvertuke(m): 10:22pm On May 09, 2012
Muna or what ever she calls her is a fool; you are only a presenter do your thing and let the judges do their thing. She was just disrespectful. What does she even know about Rap or she think this is a beauty pageant. Imagine her telling Mode 9 to pass the mic meeh.. I feel so much disappointed, I just wish I could give her a dirty slap just to put her brain in order nonsense, she really need’s to learn how to talk and address her.

Regarding Mode9 reaction, you need not to blame Him because that muna of a girl did not address this issue properly. She disagree with Mode9 opinion as if she was the Judge and he want ahead to open her dirty mouth to say pass the mic meehn that is so disrespectful. She better apologise oo.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Slyjay1(m): 10:24pm On May 09, 2012
Menh, dat was embarrassing. Mode9 played d mature role cus if it were to be me, i'll beat d hell outa her cus she went too far... Bleep her.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Slyjay1(m): 10:27pm On May 09, 2012
Missy_B: People over-stretch issues!
Muna had no business openly disagreeing with a judge's opinion. . . If she wanted her opinion to count, she should have taken a seat beside Mode 9 while someone else climbs the stage and presents.
On the other hand, Mode 9 should have kept quiet after his statement ''That's why I'm the judge'', there was no need prolonging the trivial issue.

These Naija celebrities need to learn how to comport themselves in public.
If they aren't found trading words with a fan on social networks, they are publicly fighting with a colleague over superiority. undecided

Mode9 did d best tin joooor... Who is Muna in d RAP industry She lack so much respect.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 09, 2012
Bontee:

Well I believe she should be forgiven now that she has apologised, even though we can't be sure whether the apology was heartfelt, at least she swallowed her vain pride and apologised nonetheless. That is sufficient. I believe she has learned a lesson or two on how not to ruin one's public image as a celebrity - worse of all in this age of viral social media. The business implications of this scandal are considerable, since she may not get too many corporate jobs in future if it sticks out that she's an ill-mannered bitch.

We hope the lesson endures. Let's cut her some slack now.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by killuminati(m): 10:50pm On May 09, 2012
9-zeros:

whoa nigga! Illmatic! Dat's tha shyt bro! It Ain't Hard To Tell, I Excel, Life's A Bi.tch lol. Enuff!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toyin Lawani Daughter's Birthday Photoshoot / Small Doctor Looks Cool As He Covers Vibe Magazine / Keshi Receives His Range Rover And Toyota Camry From Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.