Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,555 members, 7,827,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' (19351 Views)

Muna Obiekwe Imposter Accepts He’s Truly Dead, He Signs Out From His Account / Photo Of Muna Obiekwe On A Dialysis Machine, Prior To His Death / Toni Payne Absolutely Disrespects 9ice. "money Made From Tradition Album Is Bloo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:50pm On May 10, 2012
dont8:
Listen to yourself talk! So no difference between a judge and a presenter? Any opinion she had, she should have kept it to herself and enough of all this comportment bullshit, comportment my foot, going by comments in-here, alot of peeps if given opportunity would have done worst than Modey.

She wasn't judging, she just didn't agree with one of the judges decision. Just like the crowd booing Simon in American idol. That wȋ̊ℓℓ not lead Simon †☺ GO bananas.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by dj5naira(m): 3:00pm On May 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: What beats me is guys saying this chick got no talent. She is amazing.

I'm sick of the ENVY PLEASE/ Not on your LEAGUE/ I'm MVP//
Keep taggin' on/ While I make my GEES/ My legacy just won't CEASE//

I am pretty sure there ain't nothin' that you can TELL US/
Neither you can TELL US/ JEALOUS/ SMELL US//

Physically strong/ Mentally STABLE/ Tougher that the sh1.t you tried to LABEL/ Me//

I expose every B1.TCH/ Now you think your the SH1.T/ This is IT/
I'mma END YA/ Call me F***ing NINJA/ Ha ha ha SCAVENGER/ Chicken smoking GAN.'A/ AVENGE YA/ I END YA//

All lines from MUNA.
Muna is about to get beaten, when I drummer lines/
All the verses she wrote are just blatant lies/
She's no MVP, . .she's sick, she got HIV/
She on the low, but i'm bout to slap, . . bring her me!/
The world was watchin' . .she forgot she was on tele-TV/
My barz are top-heavy. .she sees, she envy/
She can't be on my league. . She's no match/
I'm complete whole, . .but she the egg, she's yet to hatch/
She goes around sleepin' with gees, . .that's why her 'leg aces' won't cease/
I spit ill, . .she got disease/
Then I murdered her, . .she got deceased/
Ill-egal lines, . .call the police/
You are f'uckin' ugly, you need no one to tell us/
Skip your maledictions, while I bring in the curse/
The only time she sounded sweet was when she had intercourse/
We defend with our lives. .you can't attack us/
But we coming up front like Barça . .in threes and fours/
You don't flow hard. . You just saw a d'ick rise!/
Beware of this cannibal, . . I'll eat you up . .Jollof rice/
She ain't d'ope, . .she just a chicken smokin' ganja/
Rubber tyre. .jungle justice, . .I just poured fuel on her fire/
I bring no rumour, . .see I've sliced real ninjas, . .even Jackie Chan dead/
So muna 'tails', don't disrespect whenever you see this head!!/
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:32pm On May 10, 2012
9-zeros:

D diff b/w u n me is while u listen 2 rap, i eat rap(soul-food) n live it. Underground doesnt go 4 only under-dog rappers it also covers popular rappers with hood-cred albums. D fact dat u chose stillmatic ova illmatic defines how u see rap cuz u're chosin funky beats ova lyrics. Illmatic?!!! Reason- in rap, ur first remains ur best. Matter of fact, i only dig rap b/w d golden years: '88 - 99' n a few b4 '03. Most of doze ur rappers jst recycle flows from d from rap's chronic classics, so i only dig their realness. To rily undastan rap, u need to medidate chronic albums such as: paid in full, doe or die, ready to die, 36 chambers, reasonable doubt, strictly 4 my niggas, daddys home, lifestyle of da poor, infamous, 4,5,6, wu-tang 4 ever e.t.c. Jst take a trip 2 d golden years of rap b4 it died. D golden years is d back bone of rap. So dont call names like drake, j.cole, muna, game e.t.c these dudes are spittin chocolate dat was gotten from cocoa (golden rap). Drake is fake n got no hood cred. I grew up in a hood where hip-hop was a culture to us. I'm not jst listenin to rap, i LIVE/LIVED it: from crimes/hardtimes to crime-money. While u meditate on ur bible/koran, i medidate on soul-rap. F*ck chino/ya boy n all of 'em, dey are average in ma eyes. chino/muna lyrics, ar u kiddin me? doze are average garbage. Wat more can i say? I guess we hv diffrent roots.

First of all you aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ judging based on Wђã† you think And not know. Every name you mentioned I bumped over. You have ₪☺ idea of M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ roots. You aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ too ignorant †☺ a lot of things. If you grow up in a cave, Newton's law of motion wȋ̊ℓℓ look like nuclear physics. You called Chino average garbage but he is from the era you talked about. Remember he was among the names PAC mentioned in Hit them up. ₪☺ wonder you believe ₪☺ one has an opinion. All the names you mentioned, I know And have listened †☺ them. You block your ear †☺ the next generation And feel you know more. Keep reading old books And have more knowledge than those reading new ones.

I never said I chose Illmatic over Stillmatic. I said I could rap every track on Stillmatic.

I ain't got a money PRINTER/
§☺ in this paper Chase/
I am out running SPRINTERS//

Mγ mind is razor sharp
If I f**k around I'll cut Mγ head off.

From Lil Wayne
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:10pm On May 10, 2012
9-zeros:

F*ck chino/ya boy n all of 'em, dey are average in ma eyes. chino/muna lyrics, ar u kiddin me? doze are average garbage. Wat more can i say? I guess we hv diffrent roots.

This is Wђã† you called average garbage, I never put Muna in the list. You aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ just lying. You saying F Chino Shows How behind you aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥. I dare you †☺ pick Verses better than Chino's own below. You wȋ̊ℓℓ see why Muna had an opinion. Being old SKool does not make you better.

Chino XL]

Poison Pen

Yo... yo, uh-huh, yo, Poison Pen bust it

I have predicted events before they have occurred
as a child with a special gift, I swore the wind spoke
As I awoke from dreams of a real life which I couldn't seem to
obtain
Only pain chasin shadows in the day
And at night it was even worse
Submerged in a, coma-type chaos wonderin from which my talent
came
Worshippin idols with many names, I lusted for change
Granted an intuition beyond human definition
Hurdling my barren living conditions
Screamin for someone to listen, pushin the limits of man's
superstition
My body deformed (uh-huh) my brain suffered lack of nutrition
Labeled a dreamer with no sense of what is or isn't
One theory, I'm the son of a witch's covenant (uh-huh)
If you could name a spirit then with my pen, I can summon it
Some people say, I'm evil as you gonna get
Others say my parents were experimented on by the government
There's certain things I write if the world knew they'd be amazed
I got their entire lives in my notebook and I'm the author of the last
page
But please God don't punish me
Make bad things happen to kids who made fun of me
Heard Nostrodamus? He like the son of me
Some people come to me, said they seen me in a vision (uh-huh)
All over the world they bow, and I ain't even religious
It's weird for me to live this, the spirits in my lyrics
Sometimes they reveal shit that, I don't wanna know like
Kennedy, Saddam, Vietnam, Bills of Congress
All my life somethin wasn't right the night they took Christopher
Wallace
I've wandered through the corpses, of Hiroshima also in Auschwitz
I've been chased out of Rome by priests with crosses
Air forces have reported, seen my image project, astrally
I'm the chemical make up in the universe tapestry
Half of me, cries for this condition of man (yeah)
Stay poison the land, I'm not sure of which position to stand
But take me by the hand, the Poison Pen offers resurrection
Shrouded in darkness with no heaven protection
You lay in the aftermath of he who laughs last
Now I have written it, so it shall come to pass
Conversations with God, one day I thought I saw you
in the midst of angels burning on fire in Egyptian soil (uh-huh)
The moon blighted, red the dead, speakin in original tongue
that I only understood the sound, the work has now begun
Hounds after the blood of your servant, the serpents circle my feet
as I glide towards the steps of the Vatican, Your Majesty
You gave me the key to cover the land with the sea
I ask the fate of the lost tablets that contain five more
commandments
Abandonment of your second-born child down the Nile
Misplaced him in Jersey, it taught him survival
You guide my hand as I write the modern Bible
Not to denounce the first one but after I finish writin mine it's final
I scream of rage that's primal (uh-huh) sneaking up your spinal
(yeah)
I speak it slow and clear so you can press it up on vinyl
My death is comin soon (soon) for the love of savages
And what I say will be translated into many languages
Some say I'm crazy cause I'm John Doe by choice
But God speaks to the children through the use of my voice (uh-huh)
I'm somethin different to everyone and refuse to do what many
have done
I'm the reincarnation of Adam but you knew that from day one
No need for me to get mad (never) it's my time to heal them (right)
And if I have an enemy, the Lord God will kill them
And my job will be done until all time is done
I'm made from the very same clay that God begot his own son
The Poison Pen...
Yo, the Poison Pen...
The Poison Pen...
Yo, yeah, the tragedy of Poison Pen...
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:21pm On May 10, 2012
9zero, you fell your hand big time. Foя̲̅ someone who lives And eat rap soul food.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:41pm On May 10, 2012
Chino XL

Messiah

[Chorus:]
Y'all n1.ggaz done f**ked up now (tell 'em how)
Messed around and let me out (stupid motherf**kers)
Let me back in the game
knowin damn well Chino is the lyrical messiah
And I'm not arrogant
I just know that I'm the sh1t
You f**k around with me and you'll get pistol-whipped
by God's instrument, Chino is the lyrical messiah
(Hit these motherf**kers - kill these n1.ggaz!)

[Chino XL:]
Yo, yo
You a fake killer, from a fake place
You a fake [coughs], that's a fake Ma$e
I spit it for 80 wakes, you couldn't fit it on 80 DAT's
Like {?} been hatin rap, the son of a thousand maniacs
You insane thinkin I'll ever be sane
I always been the same, forward or back like Eve's name
I slap Alfreita's unibrow, give a f**k what she painted
Gimme a time machine, a bottle of crack in {*edited*}
manger
No stranger to the fact rappers can't stand me
I shoot 'em down with bullets made by melted down
Grammy's
You cats offended me, soft R&B, radio trendy
I'm angry like Jewish Holocaust survivin families
in a room with a Nazi, cause hip-hop cannot see
why non-lyricists is on "Cribs" and not me
You probably wanna body papi

Cause I be on the big screen with Angelina Jolie
I'm sorry, we livin lives just a little different
You'll be in the movies too, rippin the fuckin tickets
I'm wicked, Aurelius Maximus, revenge'll take patience
But I refuse to die 'til history record my greatness

[Chorus]
[Chino XL:]
On the day I was born, Taoist monks banged a big gold gong
with the same insignia that I have tattooed on my arm
In the mist of a rainstorm eclipsed over Asia
The day finally arrived, the one they prayed for
Gasping in awe they couldn't believe that they saw
the illegitimate son of Father Time and Mother Nature
I've been here before from Earth's core to seashore
One law, be warm, bringin 'em love through war
(JESUS!) Nah, but I appreciate the comparison
I've avoided bein wack, I've avoided three marriages
The Poison Pen pen penances, burn down villages
What I write with ain't ink my ballpoint hemorrhages
religiousness
The record business is all luck
I go to a whorehouse for a good deal and get a record deal to
get f**ked
Now leaving childhood they stole my innocence
"Chi" contained in the word "Christ" - not a coincidece
[Chorus]
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:48pm On May 10, 2012
dj5naira: Muna is about to get beaten, when I drummer lines/
All the verses she wrote are just blatant lies/
See as the fine girl is inspiring you to write your whole album, after u guys will say she can't rap. Lol i couldn't let it pass.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:04pm On May 10, 2012
9-zeros:
Drake is fake
Dissing Drake? He is the first rapper to have a mixtape nominated for the grammys. I tire for u.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by dj5naira(m): 7:07pm On May 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: See as the fine girl is inspiring you to write your whole album, after u guys will say she can't rap. Lol i couldn't let it pass.
I'll kick your balls next time, if you don't let it pass.

1 Like

Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by 9zeros(m): 7:39pm On May 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: Dissing Drake? He is the first rapper to have a mixtape nominated for the grammys. I tire for u.
callin me 'ignorant', putin up lyrics like u're tryna skool me? b1tch please, get ur mind right. I know d kinda rap fan u ar. i've out grown diz stage. I dont wanna go on arguing, but m gonna giv u a few tips about rap.
1: listenin 2 EVERY rap material doesnt make u gud at rap. Its about listenin 2 d RIGHT materials.
2: AWARDS/RECORD SALES doesnt make a rapper do*pe. Its never a factor.
Btw, i was ridin chino from d tape era, u probably downloaded his s#it. It will b crazy 4 me 2 start putin up chronic lyrics here too. A classic rapper needs Realness, wordplay n street-wisdom: dats real hip-hop. Doubt? Check all d chronic classics. Since u dig drake, i cant even argue wit u cuz we on different teams. Like nas said, hip-hop is really dead. m from d street, i dont listen to bubble gum rap like drake n j.cole.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:12pm On May 10, 2012
9-zeros:

Hahaha. U putin up lyrics like u're tryna skool me. dats crazy. I know d kinda rap fan u ar. I dont wanna go on arguing, but m gonna giv u a few tips about rap.
1: listenin 2 EVERY rap material doesnt make u gud at rap. Its about listenin 2 d RIGHT materials.
Btw, i was ridin chino from d tape era, u probably downloaded his s#it. It will b crazy 4 me 2 start putin up chronic lyrics here too. A classic rapper needs Realness, wordplay n street-wisdom: dats real hip-hop. Doubt? Check all d chronic classics. Since u dig drake, i cant even argue wit u cuz we on different teams. Like nas said, hip-hop is really dead.

№ matter ђã†̥ You Say, Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ won't change the fact that You said F Chino, now You were bumping his tapes. Which lyrics from Chronic. Should be talking Rass Kass. I mas.tu.rbate with the hands of fate and burst my Balls on Mother nature.

I dig lots of the Hip Hop greats from Big Daddy Kane †☺ Large Professor †☺ Rakim †☺ Big L. That doesn't stop From Listening †☺ Emerging acts. I can't stay trapped in the 80,s.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:28pm On May 10, 2012
9-zeros:

Hahaha. U putin up lyrics like u're tryna skool me. dats crazy. I know d kinda rap fan u ar. I dont wanna go on arguing, but m gonna giv u a few tips about rap.
Btw, i was ridin chino from d tape era, u probably downloaded his s#it. It will b crazy 4 me 2 start putin up chronic lyrics here too. A classic rapper needs Realness, wordplay n street-wisdom: dats real hip-hop. Doubt? Check all d chronic classics. Since u dig drake, i cant even argue wit u cuz we on different teams. Like nas said, hip-hop is really dead.

By the way I never bought KRS theory of Sales and dope. The highest selling rapper today ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ Jigga and he ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ the dopest. I kept feeding her money till her sh1t started †☺ make sense - Jigga.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by 9zeros(m): 8:33pm On May 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

№ matter ђã†̥ You Say, Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ won't change the fact that You said F Chino, now You were bumping his tapes. Which lyrics from Chronic. Should be talking Rass Kass. I mas.tu.rbate with the hands of fate and burst my Balls on Mother nature.

I dig lots of the Hip Hop greats from Big Daddy Kane †☺ Large Professor †☺ Rakim †☺ Big L. That doesn't stop From Listening †☺ Emerging acts. I can't stay trapped in the 80,s.
oh, now u dig d golden era? funny. do u just listen or do u live it. doze are two different tinz. i talk n walk it. mentionin drake tells me u d mixed kinda fan. i dont mix bubble-gum rap n street-hop. chino was unreal to me. m from d streets. if u neva been on d streets, u can neva undastan hip-hop. hip-hop is street, dats y u cant see rap like street n*ggas do. i repeat real rap is street-hop. walk it n*gga.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by forkadict(m): 8:40pm On May 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Pap is one of Hip Hop's finest. Alphabetical Slaughter is one of Hip Hop's greatest tracks And his diss on Fat Joe was legendary. Great name.

God bless you. I expected 9zeros to mention that track Alphabetical slaughter when mentioning Pap's best tracks. Now i am convinced you are informed about hip hop.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by 9zeros(m): 8:41pm On May 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

By the way I never bought KRS theory of Sales and dope. The highest selling rapper today ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ Jigga and he ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ the dopest. I kept feeding her money till her sh1t started †☺ make sense - Jigga.
wrong. highest sellin rappers are both eminem n 2pac. each ova 36mill. jigga is below 25mill. did u say jigga is d dopest rapper? wow. WTF ar u sayin?
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:06pm On May 10, 2012
9-zeros:

oh, now u dig d golden era? funny. do u just listen or do u live it. doze are two different tinz. i talk n walk it. mentionin drake tells me u d mixed kinda fan. i dont mix bubble-gum rap n street-hop. chino was unreal to me. m from d streets. if u neva been on d streets, u can neva undastan hip-hop. hip-hop is street, dats y u cant see rap like street n*ggas do. i repeat real rap is street-hop. walk it n*gga.

I never said I hated the past I stressed that I already knew that. By the way You will ℓi̶̲̥̅̊kε̲̣̣̣̥ Apollo Poetry. Check on youtube ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ his session and interview with Sway. The track ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ heart. Drake started well but went commercial when he got signed. By the way I listen †☺ ђã†̥ sells. That ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ ♓☺w money ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ made in this business.

Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ hurt ♍Ε̲̣̣̣̥ hearing Cappadonna went Broke or seeing Jay-Z sign Nas Or 50 cent signing Mobb Deep. That when I knew Rappers who sell A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ the dopest.
I don't follow any guidelines cause 2 many niggaz ride mine
so I change styles every 2 rhyme - Jay-Z.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by forkadict(m): 9:07pm On May 10, 2012
@ 9zeros & thegoodjoehunt.

With due respect to you both. I am so loving your convo.

@ thegoodjoehunt. Jigga never was and can never be the dopest rapper. If i take to rap today, I'll be dopper than he in a few years. Jigga?
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:22pm On May 10, 2012
9-zeros:

wrong. highest sellin rappers are both eminem n 2pac. each ova 36mill. jigga is below 25mill. did u say jigga is d dopest rapper? wow. WTF ar u sayin?

Agree on sales of Em and Pac but Jigga rocs.

Cause a N1gga went goofy don't mean that he BRIGHT/
Means he don't understand the bullshit that he WRITE// - Jigga
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by 9zeros(m): 9:39pm On May 10, 2012
fork adict: @ 9zeros & thegoodjoehunt.

With due respect to you both. I am so loving your convo.

@ thegoodjoehunt. Jigga never was and can never be the dopest rapper. If i take to rap today, I'll be dopper than he in a few years. Jigga?
truth be told, jigga is my favorite rapper but he is not d greatest. to me, i neva seen any human flow doper dan notorious B.I.G. rappers bite his flows more dan any other rapper: dead or alive. even jigga wud tell u dat B.I.G was amazin.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by 9zeros(m): 9:48pm On May 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Agree on sales of Em and Pac but Jigga rocs.

Cause a N1gga went goofy don't mean that he BRIGHT/
Means he don't understand the bullshit that he WRITE// - Jigga
nobody luvs jigga like me. but mehn, notorious b.i.g was do*pe as hell.
doze jay-z lines were 4 nas, but nas murdered him with ether. nas is sicker dan sars.
in d words of jay-z 'who'z d best mc's: biggie, jay-z n nas' - where am from '97.
m d biggest jigga fan but i know dat deep down, jigga respects nas.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:17am On May 11, 2012
9-zeros:

nobody luvs jigga like me. but mehn, notorious b.i.g was do*pe as hell.
doze jay-z lines were 4 nas, but nas murdered him with ether. nas is sicker dan sars.
in d words of jay-z 'who'z d best mc's: biggie, jay-z n nas' - where am from '97.
m d biggest jigga fan but i know dat deep down, jigga respects nas.

First of all,

If skills (lyrics) be truth be told, I'll probably be lyrically Talib Kweli - Jay-Z

Here Jigga put Kweli above him lyrically. So me suggesting Jay as the dopest MC, I ain't talking about just lyrics.

If Truth be told be lyrics, I'll probably be as rich and famous as Jay-Z - Talib Kweli.

Here Kweli which most hip hop heads respect that it is not Lyrics but TRUTH ie comparing what you say with what you
do that lies success and fame in Hip Hop.

When you compare Jay's lines with his life, you see alot of similarities. Many so called MCs can't boast of that.

I remember watching GAME tell how he came into the party with some of his lil cousins and Rass Kass seeing him and
running. GAME catching Rass Kass and punching him. You can see who really is the boss here.

Now some of Jay's lines compared to his life (TRUTH BE TOLD)

Even if I fell, I will land on a bunch of money/
During his arrest and trial, Jay-Z's popularity grew to great heights.

This industry shady it needs to be taken over/
We saw how Jay-Z took over Def Jam, got contacts there and built Roc Nation to greater heights.

As for Damon Dash F him, I am just making his a.ss rich/
We saw how he took ROC from Damon and took the most precious talent Dame found KANYE.

The cops trying to lock me, The DA trying to box me in but somehow I beat them Charges like Rocky/
We saw how he beat his trial, with lots of evidences against him even Mur.der Inc fell out finally
but Jay stood strong.

I no more kill my people I raise mine/
We saw how he transformed Beanie Seagel from a street thug to a refine rapper.

This is the kind of thing I classify as a dope MC. You can't find a rapper that bring this truth\
be told factor to his rap game like Jay-Z.

Some guys worth mentioning.

T.I, he told us in Rubberband man that he was as wild as a Taliban.
We saw how a lot of ammunition was found in his house.

The tale DJ Drama gave about Young Jeezy how he was selling drugs as a young teenager and how at
18 he was one of the richest drug dealers. After DJ Drama finished promoting and selling the first mixtape collection,
Jeezy told him to keep the money that he doesn't need it.

Hope you get my point.

Just wanted to post this Apollo Poetry Wake Up show Vid. It is one of my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkPcXV-0UeU
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by 9zeros(m): 8:24am On May 11, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

First of all,

If skills (lyrics) be truth be told, I'll probably be lyrically Talib Kweli - Jay-Z

Here Jigga put Kweli above him lyrically. So me suggesting Jay as the dopest MC, I ain't talking about just lyrics.

If Truth be told be lyrics, I'll probably be as reach and famous as Jay-Z - Talib Kweli.

Here Kweli which most hip hop heads respects that it is not Lyrics but TRUTH ie comparing what you say with what you
do that lies success and fame in Hip Hop.

When you compare Jay's lines with his life, you see alot of similarities. Many so called MCs can't boast of that.

I remember watching GAME tell how he came into the party with some of his lil cousins and Rass Kass seeing him and
running. GAME catching Rass Kass and punching him. You can see who really is the boss here.

Now some of Jay's lines compared to his life (TRUTH BE TOLD)

Even if I fell, I will land on a bunch of money/
During his arrest and trial, Jay-Z's popularity grew to great heights.

This industry shady it needs to be taken over/
We saw how Jay-Z took over Def Jam, got contacts there and built Roc Nation to greater heights.

As for Damon Dash F him, I am just making his a.ss rich/
We saw how he took ROC from Damon and took the most precious talent Dame found KANYE.

The cops trying to lock me, The DA trying to box me in but somehow I beat them Charges like Rocky/
We saw how he beat his trial, with lots of evidences against him even Mur.der Inc fell out finally
but Jay stood strong.

I no more kill my people I raise mine/
We saw how he transformed Beanie Seagel from a street thug to a refine rapper.

This is the kind of thing I classify as a dope MC. You can't find a rapper that bring this truth\
be told factor to his rap game like Jay-Z.

Some guys worth mentioning.

T.I, he told us in Rubberband man that he was as wild as a Taliban.
We saw how a lot of ammunition was found in his house.

The tale DJ Drama gave about Young Jeezy how he was selling drugs as a young teenager and how at
18 he was one of the richest drug dealers. After DJ Drama finished promoting and selling the first mixtape collection,
Jeezy told him to keep the money that he doesn't need it.

Hope you get my point.

Just wanted to post this Apollo Poetry Wake Up show Vid. It is one of my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkPcXV-0UeU
i got wat u said.
Jigga is really d smartest n realest street-to-rap hustler ever in d game. D streets embrace him cuz he paints a vivid picture of d hoodlife n he still delivers street-wisdom n blueprints dat cud get a smart soldier outta d hood. Jigga speaks d mind of a hustler n personally i bin thru almost evrytin he went thru b4 makin millz. I followed evry jigga line. Not 2 brag, but i got minez from d streetz like jigga. U know, there'z a different way u'd see/feel rap if u walk/walked in d shoes of d street. y i'm down wit cormega, papoose, ghostface, 2pac, freeway, biggie, reakwon, jigga, az e.t.c is cuz realness matters alot 2 d streets. See y i dont feel drake, j.cole n all these skinny jeans rappers?. To d streets, rap is deeper dan just lyrics...its a religion: we follow it.
Lyrically, Jigga died after d black album. But, he remains my favorite while B.I.G is my greatest. Jigga got ego problem n i hate wat he did 2 dame, no excuses for dat. I still luv him 2 def tho. Watch out for french montana! He walks it.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by queensmith: 9:59am On May 11, 2012
the funniest thing about this is the way muna rolled the word opinion off her tongue. Nigerians try too hard! lmao!

It's not her fault she read the job description wrong, someone along the line told her her or-pin-yorn counts!
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:28am On May 11, 2012
9-zeros:

i got wat u said.
Jigga is really d smartest n realest street-to-rap hustler ever in d game. D streets embrace him cuz he paints a vivid picture of d hoodlife n he still delivers street-wisdom n blueprints dat cud get a smart soldier outta d hood. Jigga speaks d mind of a hustler n personally i bin thru almost evrytin he went thru b4 makin millz. I followed evry jigga line. Not 2 brag, but i got minez from d streetz like jigga. U know, there'z a different way u'd see/feel rap if u walk/walked in d shoes of d street. y i'm down wit cormega, papoose, ghostface, 2pac, freeway, biggie, reakwon, jigga, az e.t.c is cuz realness matters alot 2 d streets. See y i dont feel drake, j.cole n all these skinny jeans rappers?. To d streets, rap is deeper dan just lyrics...its a religion: we follow it.
Lyrically, Jigga died after d black album. But, he remains my favorite while B.I.G is my greatest. Jigga got ego problem n i hate wat he did 2 dame, no excuses for dat. I still luv him 2 def tho. Watch out for french montana! He walks it.

Dig Every thing you said here. All totally on point, as for French Montana - That is tha man. First time I heard him was New York Minute ft. Jadakiss

This was my favorite part in his flow.

When B.I.G. died, then the homie Hov took it over/
They shot Pac 5 times/
Years later, them boys took Shyne/
That ain't even the least/
Akon signed the hottest nigga in the streets/
We gave swagger to the game/
Still and all, everything can change//
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:35am On May 11, 2012
9-zeros:

i got wat u said.

Well that is why I said opinions differ and why I believe Mode9 shouldn't have been p1ssed that Muna had a different opinion. We have different roots and philosophy when it comes to hip hop. That is why we have different set of fans buying different kinds of tracks. When J. Cole was underground. Man I was moved. Please check this vid. I feel this is pure street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o9dXLNuXic
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:43am On May 11, 2012
9-zeros:

i got wat u said.

You like Freeway, I also like him - What we do. My man in state property was Peedi Crack. He might not have been lyrically gifted as Free but that guy will do well on commercial tracks. Sad he fell out with ROC. Felt him in Ne-yo's Stay. Either way I know you are really grounded in the Hip hop game. Me I am more interested in how to push units (record sales).
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by 9zeros(m): 9:13pm On May 11, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Well that is why I said opinions differ and why I believe Mode9 shouldn't have been p1ssed that Muna had a different opinion. We have different roots and philosophy when it comes to hip hop. That is why we have different set of fans buying different kinds of tracks. When J. Cole was underground. Man I was moved. Please check this vid. I feel this is pure street.

j.cole got flows dats y jigga sealed him. truth be told, jigga lost it in '03 cuz he changed n became focused on money. its now about sales not realness, dats y he fell off with rocafella. back wen jigga was stil d*ope n street, he wudnt 've signed kanye, electronica n j.cole. j.cole is not street, he'z just an average dude from d hood. as for d thugs in d videos, some rappers pay doze thugs to front. street recognize street. 4 now, french montana got d block. 2 me, d greatest 7 are: rakim, notorious, scarface, 2pac, jigga, nas, big l. i call dem 'd blueprint7'. these rappers spit hard verses like they swallowed a metal bible. i got a b.sc, but they gave me more knowlegde dan college.
'am quick to gramble my smith-n-wesson like my dic*k was missing' - notorious b.i.g. haha. its deeper dan rap.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:45pm On May 11, 2012
9-zeros:

j.cole got flows dats y jigga sealed him. truth be told, jigga lost it in '03 cuz he changed n became focused on money. its now about sales not realness, dats y he fell off with rocafella. back wen jigga was stil d*ope n street, he wudnt 've signed kanye, electronica n j.cole. j.cole is not street, he'z just an average dude from d hood. as for d thugs in d videos, some rappers pay doze thugs to front. street recognize street. 4 now, french montana got d block. 2 me, d greatest 7 are: rakim, notorious, scarface, 2pac, jigga, nas, big l. i call dem 'd blueprint7'. these rappers spit hard verses like they swallowed a metal bible. i got a b.sc, but they gave me more knowlegde dan college.
'am quick to gramble my smith-n-wesson like my dic*k was missing' - notorious b.i.g. haha. its deeper dan rap.

I believe Hip Hop ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ a form of art. Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ comes in different styles. Not every one will do the same thing. J. Cole ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ a college guy, Drake used †☺ be an actor. I don't think Hip Hop should be strictly ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ one crowd.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by forkadict(m): 1:06am On May 12, 2012
@9zeros and thegoodjoehunt

If those underground rappers are as good as you proclaim, why have they not been able to break into the mainstream? Cos for me, i believe if you are good, them youll have a major break. Eminem did that. 50 did. Snoop did also.

I got tired of waiting for papoose to blow and he just didnt
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:49am On May 12, 2012
fork adict: @9zeros and thegoodjoehunt

If those underground rappers are as good as you proclaim, why have they not been able to break into the mainstream? Cos for me, i believe if you are good, them youll have a major break. Eminem did that. 50 did. Snoop did also.

I got tired tired of waiting for papoose to blow and he didnt

First of all I didn't really get what went down with Papoose. He clearly has the talent to be a Hip Hop King. He actually got signed by Jive but I still don't get what went behind the scenes but it seems it was not good for Pap and he left.

It takes more than talent to blow in Hip Hop. I will start with Jay-Z. Most labels refused to sign Jigga. You can't tell me they didn't see he was good but they refused to throw their cash on him. When He hooked up with Dame and started Hustlin' tapes like d.rugs, labels saw him sell millions of the Trunk of their cars, the labels came running to sign him.

Look at Kanye West, Capital Records said he will only be good for producing and not as a rapper. His aunt actually promised Capital Records executives that they will regret not signing Kanye. One of the songs he played for them was Jesus Walks, later the song went on to win a grammy and Kanye won three grammys in his first year.

Many of the guys you see listed have talent but guidance is vital to success. Common then known as Common Sense dropped a lot of underground hit but it seemed as if Common will only do well in the underground scene. He walked with Kanye and became a commercial success. Kanye knew what it would take to turn Common into a commercial hit.

If you listen to Peedi Crack in Stay by Ne-yo you know he will blow but labels can't invest in anyone. It all boils down to talent and who you know. Like Jay-Z meeting Damon Dash and Common Meeting Kanye.
Re: Muna Disrespects Mode9 At 'Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:11am On May 12, 2012
fork adict: @9zeros and thegoodjoehunt

I got tired of waiting for papoose to blow and he just didnt

Eminem actually had it rough, no one wanted to sign him. Dr Dre first found ermine's CD on the floor of a gym and listened to it. He saw him on the wake up show where he immediately wanted to see him in person so he called up eminem's manager at the time and told him to fly eminem out to los angles so eminem's manager flew out there immediately Dre worked with Em put together 4 songs in 6 hours including "my name is". If Dre didn't find that tape and risk it on Eminem, he might never be what we rep today.

Nelly, a worker in a music label secretly organised a surprise show during a meeting by execs of a record label. He had tried playing Nelly's tape to them and they didn't listen. If Nelly's performance have been week, he might never blow. We are talking of a demo tape with Country Grammar which became Grammy nominated but no one listened.

So it isn't just straight that if you have talent, that you must get signed. Some favor just shine on them like Shyne, The Game, where they flow and they just get signed. Some have to hustle it like Jay-Z, Young Jeezy and Eminem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Keshi Receives His Range Rover And Toyota Camry From Glo / Rita Dominic On Her Career & Love-life On Ndani TV With Toolz / The Press Killed My Relationship - Rita Dominic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.