Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? (11336 Views)

Poll: Niaraland or facebook,which is the best

FACEBOOK: 0% (0 votes)
NAIRALAND: 100% (1 vote)
NONE OF THE ABOVE: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: facebook/nairaland,which is d best

NAIRALAND: 53% (24 votes)
FACEBOOK: 40% (18 votes)
NONE OF THE ABOVE: 6% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Aside Nairaland And Facebook, Which Other Site Do You Visit Per Day? / Nairaland Vs Facebook: Which Do You Spend More Time On? / Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Do U Prefer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Kizilala: 10:41am On May 11, 2012
Fruittyswaqboii: LOL How TF will u compare this shit with facebook? C'mon!!!!

Real poo with shitty moderators

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by lifestyle1(m): 10:41am On May 11, 2012
[size=15pt]If there is a PM feature in Nairaland, it would have been my first choice. grin[/size]
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by akinreals: 10:41am On May 11, 2012
Fb is cool but to me nairaland is better off cos i spend most of my time on nairaland
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by lif(m): 10:41am On May 11, 2012
Hmmmm! Some people are in darkness...how can you compare Nigeria with United State.....I'm highly disappointed.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Ideasroole: 10:44am On May 11, 2012
Each has got the unique role it plays on an individual on both (NL n FB). However, I'd lyk 2 say FB is more dynamic n awesome. Whilst, NL is jst axiomatically more educative n informative particularly on matters that has got to do with Africans(Nigerians mostly) n Africa in general, save 4 d inevitable ethno-religious n racial twaddles that's typical of most us here. Anyways, SEUN is almost there n I'd jst lyk 2 urge him 2 Kip up d gud job.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by greall1: 10:44am On May 11, 2012
Too me facebook is a social network & recongnise all over the world while nairaland only meant for nigerian contain intelligent people & more educative than fbk infact I ve learn a lot on nairaland.
Problem of nairaland.
1. Tribalism 2. People likes to criticise. 3. Insultive words.
I hate nairaland for these.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by tuhott(f): 10:44am On May 11, 2012
I personally don't think the time is now to start making comparison between NL and FB...(Afe fi iku we orun ni yan)...but i give my thumb up to NL, not doing badly at all and the truth is i'm more of a NLander than FB.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by kemisuga(f): 10:47am On May 11, 2012
Facebook. I cant do without Facebook. Nairaland get bore at times.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 10:49am On May 11, 2012
i like NL but when i become famous E.g Celeb i will like facebook to get more fans and share my product with them wink
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Esss(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2012
You should be comparing Nairaland with P.M News website or Linda Ikejis blog.

Comparing it to facebook is a laugh!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Nicompop: 10:54am On May 11, 2012
Nairaland is the better than Facebook.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by AkpuNku2: 10:54am On May 11, 2012
Better still compare Nairaland with Naijapals, which one is the best and educative
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by cindyrella(f): 10:59am On May 11, 2012
dmainboss: Why are you guys comparing oranges and apples? The thread should read:

Nairaland or Facebook: Which one is more useful to you? Not Which one is better.

Well said!!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Ejine(m): 11:01am On May 11, 2012
You should rather compare Nairaland to OsunDefenders.
Comparing it to Facebook is an insult to mankind.
And why the hell did the poll end at one vote? grin
LOOOOOL!!! Looks like Seun quickly closed it down cuz he doesn't want his lack of creativity being blown out in the open grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 11, 2012
One day, somebody will compare linda ikeji's blog with twitter!!
Nairaland is one site I hate to love!! Shitty moderators that permit ethnic bashing n cyber-bullying. Once certain stuffs r put in check, nairaland's fame will soar even higher! God bless Seun.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Chanchit: 11:02am On May 11, 2012
I fink nairaland is better, because u can say ur mind without anybody startin to beef u, unlike f/b, where u can't comment too much, if ur frnds makes a silly status update, cos every body knows each other, even pastors sniff arnd, to knw what their members are up to..... But nairaland shud improve on their services, by notifyin' us, when we av msgs, on loggin in, like f/b, instead of updatin us through e-mail..... But generally, nairaland is democratic in nature....
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by naija4change(m): 11:04am On May 11, 2012
please don't compare nairaland and facebook. just as the other guy said: which serves your needs. I think nairaland is my first point of call anytime i log on the internet then seldom facebook. Nairaland is highly educative to nigerians but facebook is more, because if you want any information in any part of the world or island just search a friend who is online and the information is relayed. The financial implication of facebook shutting is global. The market value of facebook is $95 billion dollars. the advantages is too much to mention. But Seun can make nairaland more profitable and marketable in Nigeria here first before going global. Anything is possible, as far as you can think it.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by mankand(m): 11:05am On May 11, 2012
eleven: Nairaland in my opinion is way better than facebook.

Though facebook is a global social media while Nairaland is national knowledge centre forum.

I think Seun should promote Nairaland more to reach more Nigerians.

Most people stumble on Nairaland forum by accident unlike facebook that promotes their site globally. Truth is that once you get to Nairaland you never want to leave. Too many interesting true life real discussions.

Nairaland promotes Nigerian diversity and show case who we are to the world.

I have benefited more knowledge wise from Nairaland than from Facebook and have referred it to so many people who are now hooked and grateful.

You claimed Nairaland is a Knowledge Centre? agreed, but you will have learnt more on Facebook, had it been you were at the right channel rather than posting pictures, commenting, flirting with the other sex and even chatting. Believe me I am an I.T personnel, I have benefitted a lot on Facebook, made good and educative friends and teachers.

Facebook is more the best and cannot be compared to any scrap nairaland whose admin only sit without a sense of humur of integrating into something better
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by pdpiperpippen: 11:05am On May 11, 2012
Nairaland any time any day. Its abt the omly good tin in nigeria
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by tonardo(m): 11:05am On May 11, 2012
PHIPEX: You can't compare the two cos they serve different purposes. I only know about 3 persons who are Nairalanders in person while I know 95% of my friends on facebook in person. In term of education, I am more educated on NL than FB.
thats true
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by TopAnalyst(m): 11:08am On May 11, 2012
It's difficult to compare Facebook and Nairaland except for the fact that they're both social media platforms.
One links you to your friends (and friends' friend) - and they make you smile always;
The other one links you to the whole world of varied emotions, culture and intellect - and they don't necessarily make you smile.

Nairaland is a great forum (one of the most clicked site in Africa) and i don't have a doubt that Seun has invented one of the most exportable ideas in Nigeria - kudos.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by meetgaya: 11:09am On May 11, 2012
Peterson1993 has said it all
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 11:11am On May 11, 2012
u dey use sleep compare with death. d poster is d highsst of all du..mb a.s.s. n d person dat had it on fp is d uncle of all dumm.ies. osh.i
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Dyt(f): 11:11am On May 11, 2012
lyk seriously, ow many tyms ll dis sh1t b discussed n each tym, it mks d feont page
rabbish
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by dammytosh: 11:12am On May 11, 2012
IS THIS THE JOKE SECTION ?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

SO THAT I CAN START ANOTHER THREAD COMPARING BARCELONA AND SUNSHINE FC.

BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Lucy001(f): 11:13am On May 11, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
I think Nairaland is more educative and informative wen making comparison.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by mankand(m): 11:13am On May 11, 2012
kunletech: To me, they are incompaireable because they both serve diff purpose.
Facebook is a networking site where to look for ur lost contact frnd localy and globaly with the aid of picture and charting.

Nairaland is a site mainly for nigeria where to get information and education localy and globaly with good understanding of each other.

So to me, intime of education matter, fun and infor, i mark nairaland.
Intime of communicating with frnds through charting and looking for way to contact lost frnds, is facebook.

So, the two sites purpose are long diff, but both serve good purpose
Mr. Man go to the real pages and group, you will see Facebook beats Naira land hands down. Do not be thinking decade behind
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by shuga: 11:14am On May 11, 2012
Esss: You should be comparing Nairaland with P.M News website or Linda Ikejis blog.

Comparing it to facebook is a laugh!!

Well said!!!!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Chanchit: 11:18am On May 11, 2012
Ekans: Facebook has a more international outlook,but nairaland is more educative(thats if you are a nigerian). But nairaland has more illitrate or halfbaked guests.No insults please.
I think i would disagree with u, cos f/b is for any any tom and ekans, dts y u wud meet carpenters, mechanics, barbers, bread hawker, ground nut hawkers, they are all on f/b, but i can bet u dt every NL member has an average I.Q..... If u read some status update on f/b, u will almost faint..
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 11:19am On May 11, 2012
The question should be which of these sites suit your personality, cos fb is a social network and if you want to relax then facebook it is, but nairaland is a forum where you exercise your mental prowess or lack of it in the open. So in terms of personal user experience based on each individual's inclination, the choice is made, for me tiwa n tiwa is better than oju iwe where people come to show off.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:19am On May 11, 2012
We need beta topics. Not craps like dis.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 11:23am On May 11, 2012
Chanchit:
I think i would disagree with u, cos f/b is for any any tom and ekans, dts y u wud meet carpenters, mechanics, barbers, bread hawker, ground nut hawkers, they are all on f/b, but i can bet u dt every NL member has an average I.Q..... If u read some status update on f/b, u will almost faint..
is this changy that I know or just some other chancit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Elon Musk's Organization To Role Out Robot Wife Late 2023 / Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? / Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.