Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? (11339 Views)

Poll: Niaraland or facebook,which is the best

FACEBOOK: 0% (0 votes)
NAIRALAND: 100% (1 vote)
NONE OF THE ABOVE: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: facebook/nairaland,which is d best

NAIRALAND: 53% (24 votes)
FACEBOOK: 40% (18 votes)
NONE OF THE ABOVE: 6% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Aside Nairaland And Facebook, Which Other Site Do You Visit Per Day? / Nairaland Vs Facebook: Which Do You Spend More Time On? / Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Do U Prefer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by ayobase(m): 7:44am On May 12, 2012
Phrankin:
i completely agree with you on this. Nairaland is a great site and among my top five visited sites but there was a lack of creativity in the ch
oice of name. It gives the impression that its a sort of commercial site.

In term of visiting, we share d
same interest!

But if NL looks, then what
abt FB, obvious?

Whats d essence of dot com without
monetary consideration!

Sincerely, what name wld u prefer?
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by ayobase(m): 7:58am On May 12, 2012
kingsrod: I wan ask 1 question on dis topic..does d nigerian police force have an account or like butten on here..or TV stations,radio or newspapers..Nairaland self get account for Facebook why FB no get here..informative and educative right...dat same fb na him u go see d story go read am for their site den post am here....Jona vs Obama SMH

For ur info........
Obama and Zach use NL pass FB!

And Im sure abt u on this!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by ayobase(m): 8:01am On May 12, 2012
nitrogen:

@yommy, when u wanna write something like this next time, u start this way
'I was at a cafe yestday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'

Nb: No offence.

Offence dey o.....
U no finish d corrections!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by ayobase(m): 8:06am On May 12, 2012
slimchimex: NL na viju milk,so u knw whc one b coca cola

I for flog ur yansh.

Meanwhile, both with different
purposes!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by kinguwem: 10:00am On May 12, 2012
Facebook is a social website that connects people. I rarely go there.
Nairaland is an interactive site where knowledge is acquired and shared. I'm always there.
I throw back the question, which site is better?
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by yommyismine(f): 11:27am On May 12, 2012
lukecent: I give it to nairaland. It's more educatetive, ve gained much here.
U are right...
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by yommyismine(f): 11:28am On May 12, 2012
kinguwem: Facebook is a social website that connects people. I rarely go there.
Nairaland is an interactive site where knowledge is acquired and shared. I'm always there.
Nairaland is much better.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Zil1(m): 12:57pm On May 12, 2012
Facebook is far better than Nairaland in so many ways.. Let's just say the truth, let's not forget the fact that one is for a global community and the other mainly for Nigerians and lovers of Nigeria.. Facebook brings interaction and improves friendship, Nairaland for me is a ghost house where names have no faces and members are don't get to form any kind of relationship.. It is really serving its purpose with up-to-date information and news, Nairaland is no doubt educating and has proved a plus to our society.

Facebook in the other hand is whatever you want it to be.. I got a very beautiful job from adverts on facebook, its not time wasting for me or for any of my friends whom we catch up on so many issues while online..

But everybody to his/her own opinion and views, this is my humble thought, Facebook is better than Nairaland, in terms of functionality and user friendliness.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by davades(m): 1:46pm On May 12, 2012
kinguwem: Facebook is a social website that connects people. I rarely go there.

Nairaland nau!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by kulobinna: 1:51pm On May 12, 2012
[i][b]to me,i prefer fcbk,but is two different site..[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by roybassey(m): 3:00pm On May 12, 2012
Da 2 sites r incomparable.de two serve dif purposes.facebk is 4 u n friends +pictures, while nairaland is 4 u n da rest +news
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Buxomz(f): 3:43pm On May 12, 2012
I prefare nairaland because it is more educative n i do hv a good laugh weneva i read ppls views although this is my first time texting in this forum....up SEUN.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by ibrowisky(m): 6:20pm On May 12, 2012
do you even pthink that nairaland can defeat facebook,la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by toney(m): 6:30pm On May 12, 2012
NAIRALAND IS INDIGINEOUS AND SPECIFIC,it enlghtens the Nigeria Indigens be they home or abroad,and ofcourse freinds of Nigeria. While FACEBOOK is unerversal and general, connecting people globally. The advance world only leap toward such mighty feat (as FACEBOOk) long long after they ve had thier share of satifying their peoples indigenous quest.
How many of us can claim to know about our land (history and background)as much as we do of the western world? An average social kid on lagos street would biograph Michael Jackson from the day he was born to the very minute he died, yet he cant tell a s**t about who Ayinla Omowura is.
I go for Nairaland. Its timely and purposeful.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Seamate(m): 11:40pm On May 12, 2012
To those who say Nairaland is better than Facebook, I pity you. It's indeed a pity that you all are suffering from jaundice and miopia. How much were you paid to give this judgement?
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by PrettyCindy(f): 4:04am On May 13, 2012
They both serve different purposes like everyone have said. My major problem with facebook is the security is too porous, i mean all someone needs to hack into your account are just few easy steps. Though it serves a great deal in terms of chatting and reconnecting with friends and loved ones but people tend to get too careless and quite a lot of people have lost their lives courtesy of facebook (if you don't know about it, google facebook related deaths).
Nairaland has a lot of advantages. Some fellow members are quite supportive, nice, and need i say intelligent? Facebook has absolutely nothing to offer when it comes to education. Nairaland is way too educative and much more interesting. My favourite section is the Food and Family section. With Nairaland you can be yourself, act like yourself, open up to the world, bare your mind, ask questions freely without bothering if your next door neighbour will recognise you by your name and "laugh at you".
Another problem with facebook is that you get bored easily and one funny thing is that after spending hours on facebook and you eventually log out, you then realise that you wasted your money and time. Thumbs up Seun. Nairaland all the way!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by AlabaSlim: 6:13am On May 13, 2012
Dough dey serve DIFF purpose, i would rada go wit FB cos of d INFOS i get evri sec of d day
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Butoneday2(m): 7:11am On May 14, 2012
What do you ppl mean? Dis fb of a tin don tire me joor, anytime i enta dia all i wil be seeing is; Peter have upgraded his photo, see john's new photo, all sort of unmeaningful tins. But NL has all it takes, very entataining and undastandable. 4 me NL all the way. Kudos to Seun.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Emmysteve(m): 1:46pm On May 14, 2012
Oh i see why 2go is compared with fb. Rubbish comparison.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Emmysteve(m): 1:53pm On May 14, 2012
YOU CANT BE IN FB IF YOU ARE A BORING Type of a person. While nairaland accommodates boring pple as they come, read posts/comments then leave without contribution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2016: Top 21 Most Used Memes On Nairaland (pictures) / Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? / Elon Musk's Organization To Role Out Robot Wife Late 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.