Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,100 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. (10841 Views)

Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria / Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? / Being Married To A Nigerian Is Hard Sometimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Fhemmmy: 12:13am On May 11, 2012
elaine mia: Hi,
I'm a married woman with kids(3),and sometimes I feel like marriage and kids are like holding down my dreams n goals in life from coming to fruition.I have an OND in computer science, tried looking for a job, it wasn't easy even considering the fact that it was OND qualification I was making use of,finally I got one as a receptionist. The pay... 30,000k but I had to get a nanny for my kids. Now the nanny was demanding a salary of 20,000k, from where I stay to where I have to work I will spend at least 12,000k on transport! How much was I being payed?! Due to this and my kids...I cudnt leave them without anyone to take care of them I had to forfeit the job. Maybe if I didn't have the kids(not that I do not love them and thank God for giving them to me) I would have been working now. The main issue now is my hubby,if I get some job,he is like no I don't want you to work there if I bring up a business idea he is like no not that kind of business. Recently, I decided to acquire a skill, the 3 I have my eyes on are being a makeup artist, fashion designer or hairstylist cos I work very well with my hands but getting the money to register and learn out of him is a problem. Sometimes I feel like he just wants me to sit at home though he doesn't admit to it. I am tired of being at home year in year out. Pleaseeee I need some candid advice on what to do. Thanks in anticipation.

Not at all, all depends on the individual.
Many could be married and yet no kids yet till they can afford it.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 1:00am On May 11, 2012
Daresh: My sister I feel. Your pain. Its not a good feeling to have to ask for money and to be under appreciated. I was in your shoes not too long ago, unhappy with my life, upset with my husband and my son because I felt so under appreciated. It took me a while and a lot of good advice to get me thankful for what I had and find what I love to do and do it. I have always known I am not a 9-5 person but in my desire to just get out of the house and do something I almost started a job I hate. I took a lot of thinking, planning and consulting b4 I could turn what I love to do into a business and you know the best part? I don't even have to leave home! So my love, I advice you to find what you love to do and do it and be there for ur family especially your kids because they are the best thing in the world!

Thanks so much. you really do understand.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 2:47am On May 11, 2012
Busy_body:

Ha, you reminded me of that word "tiredness" again, the alarm going off and your shattered body refusing to get up cos it knows it needs an extra 5 hours sleep daily. How I managed to get anything done is still a miracle.

May the good Lord come through for you and your heart's desires and also preserve your precious child whom you are doing this for.

The husbands will tell you they feel the same way jor. tongue

@OP
You know some people would do anything to be in your shoes. There's a thread here where a woman's lamenting she needs a husband even though she's already settled career-wise. You can see that whatever situation we find ourselves human beings are insatiable.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by moremi2008(m): 5:45am On May 11, 2012
Whatever you do, please don't listen to the fat, lazy women advising you to "enjoy" God's blessings and stay at home with your kids. Once your kids start school, get back on your feet and go find a job! Hopefully, you'll be done with your BSc by then. And please, make sure you visit a family planning center. Three kids is enough! Don't just rely on condoms because one night of passion, one little mistake and ... GMAM! ... you're pregnant with twins and back to square one. I am saying this because it happened to somebody I know. Her 40+yr old self is now tugging around toddler twins and feeling very foolish because she has had to put her promising career on hold again.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 6:47am On May 11, 2012
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 7:12am On May 11, 2012
madam CC - its not easy by friday I have almost broken down. to top it off i am in a constant state of guilt for leaving my precious daughter in nursery, I only thank God I had enough money saved to sustain me so i could stay home with her for over a year. but i gots to work - cos her father does not want to be a responsible human being (another topic for another day).

even at almost 18 months I am looking for primary school - setting the ground work to get her into a good one, Poster i know its easier said than done but appreciate that time you have with ur kids now and find something u enjoy doing cos this work you are looking at - its not it o

life of a woman/mother/wife no be easy o, stay at home has its own stress going to work its own. One more thing ur kids can never be a stumbling block in life - in my single days I used to have a salary where i paid 40% tax - my dear now as a mother I took a job almost £20k less a year - u know what i look at my child and say it is worth it - I NEVER LOOK AT HER AND THINK SHE HAS HINDERED my ability to have my 2-3 long haul holidays a year. what is money/career - when people are looking for a child and u have 3. trust me she is worth the drop in status. i know its not easy to stay at home but my dear nothing in life is easy - even if I won the euro millions tomorrow - that one has its own wahala!!

1 Like

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 7:22am On May 11, 2012
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Smilenw(f): 8:27am On May 11, 2012
I don't understand some people here ! Who asked the woman to stay at home forever ? I couldn't find one single poster asking the woman to forget a career and stay at home all her life. Does asking her to consider the kids a blessing in anyway mean we who said that were lazy fat women ?? How do you know what kind of job we do and how much of stuff we go through before we call it a day? You want all of us to say 'oya send your 'stumbling blocks' packing to some motherless baby homes and dump your hubby before itz too late...then find a job and stay happy without any family forever'. Happy ? The very same you would've shouted that "desperate old hags" are trying to break homes :/

Yet another "---" said kids are not blessing from God, they are just a result of copulation and fertility and that no matter however u raise a kid, he/she will turn out what they r destined to be !!! Honestly, SMH at your immaturity. Wisdom doesn't come easily, but there is no harm in trying :/
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by moremi2008(m): 9:03am On May 11, 2012
chaircover: This moremi sha angry

Who are the fat lazy women advising the poster to stay at home with her kids? I dont know about fat and lazy, but i dont think that anyone here has advised her to sit at home twiddling her thumbs.

And what is wrong with a 40+ woman having twins? if God blesses me with twins when I am over 40, I will grab the blessing with both hands. Career ko career ni. What have I been doing with my life since I graduated, that will not afford me to spend a few years at home with my twins cool

Why can't you just laugh at my imaginary "fat, lazy women" and keep it moving? Did I hit a sore spot? Are you actually fat and lazy? LOL!!!! Guilty conscience buruku! grin

As you lay your bed, so shall you lie on it. You're free to think that unplanned "twins" after 3 children are a "blessing" from God but don't dare complain when in a decade or two, your classmates are becoming bank MDs and business leaders and you're only a basic market woman. There are women who actually plan these things. They take a break from the job market to have their kids early (and tightly spaced) and then return quickly once the children are at school age. That's the way it has always worked in my extended family since my Grandma left for London to train as a midwife for 1yr in the 1950s after 6kids, and then came back to join a local hospital. Her kids turned out wonderful and they loved her dearly because she inspired them all to live lives of diligence and life-long learning. Planning works! Try it! Children are not an excuse for having no career in this day and age.

Having twins @ 40 after 3 children is just a sign of illiteracy; family planning is quick, relatively painless and not that expensive. You can't continue thinking like a village woman and expect city-woman results. grin grin grin
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 9:48am On May 11, 2012
moremi2008: Once your kids start school, get back on your feet and go find a job! Hopefully, you'll be done with your BSc by then. And please, make sure you visit a family planning center. Three kids is enough! Don't just rely on condoms because one night of passion, one little mistake and ... GMAM! ... you're pregnant with twins and back to square one.
I hear you moremi. Thanks. As for more kids,I've taken care of that for now. But maybe much later,years from now I might try again cos I don't have a girl yet and I'll like to have one God willing.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by queensmith: 9:54am On May 11, 2012
It's hard to feel sorry for women in this position. It is, I'm sorry for being harsh. You are meant to plan and cater for the future and the future of your children. People just go about popping babies willy nilly without giving it a second thought! One person was posting for a girl to have a child with her husband out of love, what arrant nonsense. Is love going to pay the childs school fees? Will love put food on table? Can you buy school sandals with love? People are soo foolish.

Some even go as far as have children with men that do not have it together in any way, is having a child a walk in the park? What on earth is wrong with women nowadays?

Being married and having children is going to be a major stumbling block for you, but only at this point in time. You might have to wait for your kids to grow older. Or you can work towards a better job so you can break even after a nanny. You can make things work for yourself nothing is impossible.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 10:48am On May 11, 2012
Lol @ CC. I know right, those stools have been performing magic even before my time grin. I learnt how to cook whilst standing on them wooden stool.

Seriously though, if @ 40 God blesses me with twins, My husband will welcome them with both hands. This one that he is already beginning to look at me with one kind of eye, mi o'fe ooo lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 11:23am On May 11, 2012
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by taryour(f): 11:54am On May 11, 2012
chaircover: Moremi Hen Hen before nko? I am a fat lazy 40 year old woman expecting twins. grin grin

@Jenny thank you oooooo. If God blesses me with quadruplets at 60 gan I will say Thank you God and FCcUK the career. Ha! 3 beautiful toothless babies smelling of Johnsons baby powder . . . pure bliss. Mr CC wey u dey o! Abeg forget the X5 we need a Chrysler Voyager. My prayer point don increase by one today. grin

God bless u madam cc and ur family...
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 11, 2012
just passing by
@op. This is a serious issue. But to be frank, there are many things u can start doing at home. I will say you caused what ever you are going thru. You married earlier, You know u are not working, u should have done family planning and space ur children.it will make u to plan better. We men, anytime we have the energy either we work or not, we do our Bleep. Baby can come anytime.If u are not careful,before u open ur eyes, the 4th baby will arrive. And u will be more frustarted. Anyway u can go for some skill accuisation trainning like liquid soap making,(there is a guy doing about 5 in 1 for people with free manuals. Listen to mitv or radio lagos last week of the month, he is genuine) or online freelance jobs . Infact my wife also has masters and for about 3 yrs now she has not really work. We have 2 yr old kid frm 4 yr mariage. We like it that way. So u are not alone. If u are in lagos, go for trainning like making soaps. Just like 3k. Materials u need is like 5k for starting. Takes less than 5 mins to mix. Package it well. You can start with just 100 bottles at 100naira/bottle. Tell ur neigbours,friends, supply small shops,find customers, a hard working sale girl that can sell eveything within 2 days.pay her on commision. Your children cant disturb u in this. You will be amazed that you wont run out of cash if it turns out to be well and you will save alot and make more than double gain. My wife does this also. So, stop complaining, move farward in life.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 11, 2012
just passing by
@op. This is a serious issue. But to be frank, there are many things u can start doing at home. I will say you caused what ever you are going thru. You married earlier, You know u are not working, u should have done family planning and space ur children.it will make u to plan better. We men, anytime we have the energy either we work or not, we do our Bleep. Baby can come anytime.If u are not careful,before u open ur eyes, the 4th baby will arrive. And u will be more frustarted. Anyway u can go for some skill accuisation trainning like liquid soap making,(there is a guy doing about 5 in 1 for people with free manuals. Listen to mitv or radio lagos last week of the month, he is genuine) or online freelance jobs . Infact my wife also has masters and for about 3 yrs now she has not really work. We have 2 yr old kid frm 4 yr mariage. We like it that way. So u are not alone. If u are in lagos, go for trainning like making soaps. Just like 3k. Materials u need is like 5k for starting. Takes less than 5 mins to mix. Package it well. You can start with just 100 bottles at 100naira/bottle. Tell ur neigbours,friends, supply small shops,find customers, a hard working sale girl that can sell eveything within 2 days.pay her on commision. Your children cant disturb u in this. You will be amazed that you wont run out of cash if it turns out to be well and you will save alot and make more than double gain. My wife does this also. So, stop complaining, move farward in life.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by ifyalways(f): 4:33pm On May 11, 2012
First off and going with my own personal experience,getting married,having kids and staying married is the best thing to have happened to me.

@OP,Are u in lagos?There is a free women acquisation center @ Lekki,somewhere btw lekki and femi okunnu estates.Again,you can start up whatever u want to do from home,talk to neighbours,church friends,other women during school runs.Do u know how to make beads?with pearls and stones?Beadmaking is another big but unpopular means of making decent income for stay-at-home moms.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 11, 2012
^^^Beads? then i need to relocate to Nigeria. I love making beads but only for myself cool
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by gemstone22(f): 6:42pm On May 11, 2012
There are sites online where you can learn bead making and even fashion designing free. Google it and you will be shocked. I know I was. Don't limit what you can do from within ur home to make money. I have 4 children and was a full time mom for a long while. Because of experiences we've had with househelps,we decided one of us should stay home. Of course, that meant me. I love working so it felt so annoying and frustrating at first. I decided to do something about it. I started making money from writing. Ghostwriting a book for a friend got me started. It lead to other forms of writing and via doing researches I discovered the internet. My husband was impressed by my ability to make some money. Today I have my shop and still do my writings when I get jobs. I am learning all I can about blogging,adsense and bulksms and rechargecard printing. What do you love to do? Start from there. You will find fulfillment and discover abilities you never thought you had and will make some money too.

1 Like

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 6:49pm On May 11, 2012
@ ifyalways,

I stay in lagos,surulere, lekki is quite far.
I'd love to make beads as long as it involves using my hands.
Its part of the training course in hair making where I made enquiries. At the moment I have no skill(for now)
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 6:57pm On May 11, 2012
@gemstone22

I would love to write but i don't know how and where to start from. Would be glad if you could give me a hand and some orientation too. For example, what is Ghost writing...
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 11, 2012
Busy_body:

Ha, you reminded me of that word "tiredness" again, the alarm going off and your shattered body refusing to get up cos it knows it needs an extra 5 hours sleep daily. How I managed to get anything done is still a miracle.

May the good Lord come through for you and your heart's desires and also preserve your precious child whom you are doing this for.

Hahaha, I've got a friend whose sanctuary is the loo too. That's the only place she can escape into her own lil world away from her screaming kids. Then she comes out only to hear her Hubby sneaking away and nearly falling over, after eavesdropping on her grin

I find shopping from Nigerian stores a bit bearable, its those Tesco, Sainsbury's ones I can't stand. . .take the stuffs off the shelves and put it in your trolley. . .take it from the trolley and place on the belt. . .remove from belt and put in trolley (again). . .put in boot of car (leave there for 2 days) . . .dump on kitchen floor for another 3 days. . .then get the strength to put them away in their respective places, phew cheesy

Na why you wan take wahala kill yourself na?! Me, i stopped doing those Sainsbury's runs a few months ago! £4 na small price to pay, my local asian shop sef don dey do delivery o, i no dey waka anywhere i no need to waka abeg!

Madam CC, can you send me your copy of laundry for dummies that you used for your hubby, mine still can't work the machine. I had to travel for work for 3 weeks a few years back and he used up 3 weeks worth of laundry, I asked what he'd have done had he run out of shirts? He said he'd go and buy new ones undecided
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 11, 2012
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 11, 2012
chaircover: @naijababe the idea is to buy a simple washing machine. Forget all those singing and dancing hotpoint ones. Just buy a simple one and program it permanently on 40 degrees, and all he has to do is press the START button grin

Also invest in 2 laundry bins; one for darks and one for lights and pleas please please; when you take off your jumpers, hide them at the back of your wardrobe until you are ready to wash them yourself otherwise he will throw them in the machine and ruin them cry

Na simple one I get now, permanently programmed at 30deg, he says he can't figure out where the soap goes, I have given up jare cry! He might just ruin a lovely sweater to prove that he can't work the machine.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Busybody2(f): 9:04pm On May 11, 2012
stillwater:

The husbands will tell you they feel the same way jor. tongue

@OP
You know some people would do anything to be in your shoes. There's a thread here where a woman's lamenting she needs a husband even though she's already settled career-wise. You can see that whatever situation we find ourselves human beings are insatiable.

Please don't remind me why I drew the shorter straw and didn't come as a man, when they are born, all they do is go and play football to their heart's content knowing their Sisters and Mother are in the kitchen slaving over them, then they marry and wifey takes over angry Is there even just one advantage of being a woman, phew tongue

@ Naijababe

I nor trust dem people jare, they sell expired stuffs sometimes cos they don't like throwing stuffs away, lol.

Hahaha, are you serious they now do home delivery, this people refuse to carry last, I love their sharp brains grin
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by gemstone22(f): 9:10pm On May 11, 2012
elaine mia: @gemstone22

I would love to write but i don't know how and where to start from. Would be glad if you could give me a hand and some orientation too. For example, what is Ghost writing...

Ghost writing is writing a book for someone and getting paid for it. Some people have ideas for books but can not write so they look for people who can take their ideas and creatively make it into a book which people will buy.
Writing is so much fun. Anybody can write but its few people who have the ability to weave words that come alive. Sometime you might have the ability and not know it not until you pick ur pen and write.start from there. Get a note book and write. Write about ur day,ur feeling,the time you spend with ur family. Put ur thots on paper.
If you want to make writing a business,you will need to go online. You will find creative writing tutorials that will teach how to write creatively and make money from it. Also try ogbongeblog.com. You will certainly learn a lot there. Many of these sites offer tutorial for free so you don't have to pay.
You need to have a good command of english and be versatile and ready to learn new things everyday.
Tell people about ur love for writing. Every one around me knew I loved writing and so when my friend said he needed an autobiography written,I jumped to it and got paid. Word of mouth brought me more jobs. Some people can't write proposals or business letter. You can do that for them for a fee. People need researches done and even projjects written. Telling people advertises you. Try the writing and literature section of NL and you will see people looking for people who will write for them or who needs jobs.
The money might not be great at first but if ur writing is great then it increases as you go on. Go online.you will learn about blogging,adsense and how to make ur hobby make money for you.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by gemstone22(f): 9:10pm On May 11, 2012
elaine mia: @gemstone22

Ghost writing is writing a book for someone and getting paid for it. Some people have ideas for books but can not write so they look for people who can take their ideas and creatively make it into a book which people will buy.
Writing is so much fun. Anybody can write but its few people who have the ability to weave words that come alive. Sometime you might have the ability and not know it not until you pick ur pen and write.start from there. Get a note book and write. Write about ur day,ur feeling,the time you spend with ur family. Put ur thots on paper.
If you want to make writing a business,you will need to go online. You will find creative writing tutorials that will teach how to write creatively and make money from it. Also try ogbongeblog.com. You will certainly learn a lot there. Many of these sites offer tutorial for free so you don't have to pay.
You need to have a good command of english and be versatile and ready to learn new things everyday.
Tell people about ur love for writing. Every one around me knew I loved writing and so when my friend said he needed an autobiography written,I jumped to it and got paid. Word of mouth brought me more jobs. Some people can't write proposals or business letter. You can do that for them for a fee. People need researches done and even projjects written. Telling people advertises you. Try the writing and literature section of NL and you will see people looking for people who will write for them or who needs jobs.
The money might not be great at first but if ur writing is great then it increases as you go on. Go online.you will learn about blogging,adsense and how to make ur hobby make money for you.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 7:15am On May 12, 2012
Thanks gemstone22.you know,i used to have a note book way back in my OND days where I wrote down daily happenings in my life until I got married. But I didn't stop, I continued...when I started feeling bad about staying at home,I was always angry at everything and so I stopped putting those unhappy moments down in writing. I just let each day go as it came so I don't have to remember it or have a reminder somewhere. But now that I'm learning to be more productive and think out of the box, I think I'll give it a shot...again. I do have a career path in mind but any good idea that could bring in cash without breaking a sweat is welcome. I'll do as you said. Thanks again.
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Tgirl4real(f): 2:30am On May 13, 2012
elaine mia: Thanks gemstone22.you know,i used to have a note book way back in my OND days where I wrote down daily happenings in my life until I got married. But I didn't stop, I continued...when I started feeling bad about staying at home,I was always angry at everything and so I stopped putting those unhappy moments down in writing. I just let each day go as it came so I don't have to remember it or have a reminder somewhere. But now that I'm learning to be more productive and think out of the box, I think I'll give it a shot...again. I do have a career path in mind but any good idea that could bring in cash without breaking a sweat is welcome. I'll do as you said. Thanks again.

OP,

Sure u've seen stories of life on the otherside. smiley

I don't intend to be rude. Nice u have a career path in mind. As per getting money to learn a skill, is it that your hubby doesn't want you to work? Doesn't want to give you money? Or he doesn't have the money? And btw, who is putting you through school? Is schooling and motherhood not occupying you enough for now?
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by elainemia(f): 9:59am On May 13, 2012
Though he doesn't like to admit it, I don't think he wants me to work yet. he has the money but he tells me there are other very pressing bills to pay,"maybe" when he gets some extra to spare. He's the one sponsoring me through school.

As for schooling and motherhood occupying me, yes they are,partially but not fully cos I go to school on the weekends only,and my kids,the first and second go to school. So i'm practically idle through out the day till 3pm when I go to pick them up. Moreover, a woman needs to take care of herself and kids. My hubby is not the kind that gives allowances or pocket money. And he is so consumed with trying to expand his business,invest and pay off the bills that he forgets those little things that can make me and the kids happy and quite comfortable with ourselves. I want to assist him and fill that gap. I can't go out and see something nice and get it for my boys or me cos I can't afford to. I have to ask him for EVERYTHING and 8 out of 10 times the story is always the same"later not now,there are other pressing needs" and to be real later never comes we just forget about it.I'm tired of being totally(I mean TOTALLY)dependent on him,that's why I am seeking advice on what I can and should do to better me and my family cos I know my career might not kickstart now until I upgrade my qualification which is going to be in another year or 2 by God's grace cos our educational system is not helping issues and a happy me is a happy home cos its the woman that makes a home.

1 Like

Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by moremi2008(m): 10:36am On May 13, 2012
elaine mia: Though he doesn't like to admit it, I don't think he wants me to work yet. he has the money but he tells me there are other very pressing bills to pay,"maybe" when he gets some extra to spare. He's the one sponsoring me through school.

As for schooling and motherhood occupying me, yes they are,partially but not fully cos I go to school on the weekends only,and my kids,the first and second go to school. So i'm practically idle through out the day till 3pm when I go to pick them up. Moreover, a woman needs to take care of herself and kids. My hubby is not the kind that gives allowances or pocket money. And he is so consumed with trying to expand his business,invest and pay off the bills that he forgets those little things that can make me and the kids happy and quite comfortable with ourselves. I want to assist him and fill that gap. I can't go out and see something nice and get it for my boys or me cos I can't afford to. I have to ask him for EVERYTHING and 8 out of 10 times the story is always the same"later not now,there are other pressing needs" and to be real later never comes we just forget about it.I'm tired of being totally(I mean TOTALLY)dependent on him,that's why I am seeking advice on what I can and should do to better me and my family cos I know my career might not kickstart now until I upgrade my qualification which is going to be in another year or 2 by God's grace cos our educational system is not helping issues and a happy me is a happy home cos its the woman that makes a home.

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Stop worrying! If you hold on to your dreams and plan diligently, you'll be back in the workforce in no time. Some ladies have suggested things you can do to make some money while you complete your studies. Your current situation is only temporary. Good luck!
Re: Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. by Tgirl4real(f): 8:14pm On May 13, 2012
moremi2008:

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Stop worrying! If you hold on to your dreams and plan diligently, you'll be back in the workforce in no time. Some ladies have suggested things you can do to make some money while you complete your studies. Your current situation is only temporary. Good luck!

Thanks Moremi for this.

@least, u no insult *we fat, lazy 40 sumthn women tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MUST WATCH: How To Organize A Nigerian Children's Party In London [video] / How To Protect Your Husband From Small Small Girls / The Frustrations Of Older Nigerian Women Who Are Sex-starved By Their Husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.