Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,443 members, 7,861,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:31 AM

Should I Marry Her - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry Her (1025 Views)

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Marry Her by lexcyjames: 10:34am On Nov 14, 2007
I have a girlfriend and we've been dating for the past 5yrs. During one of our break ups, she was impregnated by another guy and she got him a son.

Despite her single mother status, we were still dating and i love her very much, infact we are more serious that ever. But how do i tell my family that she has an issue, will they accept her or not. I'm confused, House plz advice.
Re: Should I Marry Her by majamaja: 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2008
if you love her stick to her and stand up to your parents.
Re: Should I Marry Her by welli(f): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2008
if think u can live wit it den go ahead.ur parents ain't gonna live ur life 4 u.mk dem understand bt if dey fail to,den be a man nd do wat ur hrt tells u to.if she loves u as u love her den i'm sure if she could turn bk d hands of time,she would right all wrongs.no woman like to born 4 diff place
Re: Should I Marry Her by Templa(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2008
@ poster

for the child's sake, advice the girl to marry the other guy.
don't be selfish with love. think about the poor boy when he grows up. for how long will u keep secrets from him. angry

as a guy use ur head not ur heart. angry

people dey get heart failure ohhhhh! shocked
Re: Should I Marry Her by HRhotness(f): 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2008
Templa:

@ poster

don't be selfish with love. think about the poor boy when he grows up. for how long will u keep secrets from him. angry

as a guy use your head not your heart. angry

people dey get heart failure ohhhhh! shocked

Thats an obtuse point of view if u ask me
she shdnt be happy because she made a mistake
who says u have to keep it a secret from d child, if d guy wants to be in the childs life thats fine that doesnt mean the woman should be forced into a marriage she doesnt want

@ post
if she loves u and u love her thats all u need
i respect the fact u can appreciate  her despite her being a single parent
my mum is a single parent and i know how hard it is for women in that position.
Stand up to your family afterall its your life and ultimately your decison,,,, and if u guys get together, raise the child like it was your own but be completely open with him and he will appreciate u for it
Re: Should I Marry Her by tngtech(m): 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2008
Are u the one marrying her, or your parents. Your parents can't decide to you who to marry. Wake up guy and take your stand.
Re: Should I Marry Her by Templa(m): 1:04pm On Apr 29, 2008
@ hr hotness

how will u feel if u were told that
u don't have a father or
u were born out of wedlock or
ur father here isn't really ur father because ur mother is/was in love wit the present father.

what the heck r u talkin about. angry

@ poster

i have told u, whether na love/lust/infatuation, let that boy see his daddy. i advice u to work towards making that gal marry that guy.
i promise u, u will get a better gal, who knows a virgin sef. anyway i know correct men use their heads while dumb ass men follow their heart. sad
Re: Should I Marry Her by HRhotness(f): 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2008
Templa:

@ hr hotness

how will u feel if u were told that
u don't have a father or
u were born out of wedlock or
your father here isn't really your father because your mother is/was in love wit the present father

See the thing is I "WAS" born out of wedlock and i didnt meet my dad till i was 10
my mum was always open with me and I was never lied to, I wasnt negatively affected by it and i think it has made me a stronger person. I'm best friends with both my parents now and i had a better life than many who were raised in a conventional home.
the good thing about this was that I hav always had a realistic outlook on life, not under any illusions about what standard we can and should live up to
i realise fairy tales exist but not for everyone,,,
happiness cannot be found by conforming to other peoples ideals,,,
Re: Should I Marry Her by Templa(m): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2008
@ hr hotness

u mean u never missed/ asked after/ cried for ur real dad?

*r u kidding me*

anyway i just feel for that poor boy and that's all. smiley
Re: Should I Marry Her by welli(f): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2008
bein born out of wedlock doesn't mk one unhappy as long as u treated d way u r ought to be treated.so poster if u can tk care of d child well den go ahead nd marry her*talkin frm xperience*
Re: Should I Marry Her by HRhotness(f): 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2008
Templa:

@ hr hotness

u mean u never missed/ asked after/ cried for your real dad?

*r u kidding me*

anyway i just feel for that poor boy and that's all. smiley

I asked but You can't miss what u don't have
I was told the truth from the beginning,,,, my mum and I used to have long conversations where she would try to make me understand,,, we have a great relationship as a result as i can talk to my mum about absolutely everything
When i met my dad, i made him explain and he did, not keeping anything from me,,, i understand what happend between them and now that I'm older i can relate to it. I never felt any anger because they decided to treat me like an adult from day one and I appreciate that.

There are many children born out of wedlock and many non conventional families, many of these children turning out as success in their lives, the thing is u can never tell.
keep deluding yourself,,,, but just because u had a conventional family doesn't mean thats the way it has to be, its being done differently and in some cases producing a happier family situation than a conventional situation.
Re: Should I Marry Her by Templa(m): 1:33pm On Apr 29, 2008
welli:

bein born out of wedlock doesn't mk one unhappy as long as u treated d way you're ought to be treated.so poster if u can tk care of d child well den go ahead nd marry her*talkin frm xperience*

pls be more explicit and narrate ur  experience.

we need facts here. this issue is crucial
Re: Should I Marry Her by Templa(m): 1:37pm On Apr 29, 2008
@ hr hotness

just hope u aren't getting personal here becos******************** angry

be informed that ur suggestions be dircted to the poster not me. tongue

i don't need to know ur birth status or whateva u call it embarassed
Re: Should I Marry Her by HRhotness(f): 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2008
Its hard not to get personal when u are of the position that being born out of wedlock would affect the child in some way
being in that situation myself, i know for certain that its not a valid argument

Templa:

@ hr hotness

be informed that your suggestions be dircted to the poster not me. tongue

i don't need to know your birth status or whateva u call it embarassed

i have made my suggestin and urs i found offensive really, u shdnt come to uninformed conlusions
Re: Should I Marry Her by MyPeace(f): 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2008
@tempa

nothing is so crucial about this issue, u are making it so.

you don't "try" to marry someone becuase u got a baby for him.  abeg grow up.  Havent u seen people that lost their parents while still young and they still make it in life?  so no pity the son, as long as the mum gives him the best and tells him the truth, nothing spoil!!

the post,
if u love her go ahead.
Re: Should I Marry Her by welli(f): 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2008
@ templa.i dnt see hw my xperience concerns d post nd if its a crucial issue its left for d poster.all am sayin is d child is in safe hands nd has nuttin to think abt if d guy is willing to play gud father role.
Re: Should I Marry Her by Templa(m): 1:49pm On Apr 29, 2008
get me right, i'm not saying the boy won't be happy ever after but the trauma, i just feel it.

@ poster
a stitch in time saves nine stitches wink

i've made my self clear, this is not about growing up.

@ my peace
do u prefer to follow the crowd when u actually know that what is wrong is not right.

*ladies, no nerves plsssssssssss i'm enjoyin u gals* grin
Re: Should I Marry Her by HRhotness(f): 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2008
There is no Trauma!!!
Re: Should I Marry Her by Busta(f): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2008
@poster,

If u sure u love her and wanna marry her, then just say it as it is.
At the end of the day . . . it's gonna be just the both of u anyways.

don't even listen to Templa.
Re: Should I Marry Her by Templa(m): 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2008
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh
Re: Should I Marry Her by MyPeace(f): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2008
Templa:

@ my peace
do u prefer to follow the crowd when u actually know that what is wrong is not right.

whats wrong about him marrying who he loves?
and whats right about her trying to force her self to marry a guy simple because she made a mistake of having a baby for him out of wedlock? (as u advice)
Re: Should I Marry Her by Templa(m): 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2008
MyPeace:

whats wrong about him marrying who he loves?
and whats right about her trying to force her self to marry a guy simple because she made a mistake of having a baby for him out of wedlock? (as u advice)

what's wrong is WRONG and

what's RIGHT is RIGHT

*as for me i call a spade a spade and a machet a machet* cheesy
Re: Should I Marry Her by Sisikill: 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2008
Issue? Jeebus. . .who still uses issue for children?

don't be selfish with love.

I'm still waiting for the punchline to this joke. . .it is a joke right? It's got to be a joke coz no one will write this with a straight face.

Seriously, what century are we? First Issue and then marry the father of the issue. Heavens

@ Poster
If you really love her, marry her.
Re: Should I Marry Her by Scopium: 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2008
[size=13pt]If she is the person you'll live happily ever after with then GO AHEAD and marry her. You can always convince your parents.[/size]
Re: Should I Marry Her by TheSly: 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2008
Nairaland the home of hypocrites.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies:rich/ugly Or Poor/cute?which One / What Are Ur Turn On/off's For Boiz/girls / Ex Boyfriend Mum Called Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.