Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use (31502 Views)

What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World / Abuzola, That Muslim Dude That Failed Bombing Attempt In U.s - What Do You Say? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by bukatyne(f): 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dis Guy: surpring how people dont really see anything wrong with a catholic nun/sister wearing a veil but have very strong opinion about how a muslim woman choose to dress

And does the bible differientatie between 21st century women and old testament women?
my dear, wearing of veils on d face was never biblical! the only person who did dat was Moses and it was to cover his glory! christianity is a way of life and not a religion so it has no dress code as far as u are decent. the way a yoruba christian would dress is different from an hausa christian, an igbo christian, indian christian etc. i'm sure u know that when something new replaces an Old one, u follow the new and mesh things compatible wit the new from the old. the Old Testament basically talks about d isrealites, their relationship wit God(the law) and the coming of Jesus Christ which was fulfilled in the New Testament. for example, in the OT, men wore skirts and gowns. i'm sure u don't expect christian men of today to wear skirts. God's laws is written in our hearts so it's no religious show of wear this, touch this, do this, eat this etc. all those rules were just a shadow of the NT.

2 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2012
Hmm interesting.. so my friends wear the Al-amira then.
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by hannydarl(f): 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
Typical moslem man. Hiding my posts eh mr mod? If I had writen about how nice it is for women to let their moslem men trample all over them and LovePeddler all they want like most moslem men do you will not hide it, if I had written about how women are not smart and should allow their men think for them you will not hide it. The slightest hint of a moslem woman being in control of her home with a blessed moslem husband to guide her as she handles the affairs of her home is frowned upon. Well don o.
By the way why is it I hardly see post written by men teaching fellow men how best to treat their wives and make a happy home? All I see is women cover, women submit women don't do this or that? I believe husband and wives should do the job together.
If you like o in true fashion hide my post again. Allah will judge you all. Amin.

2 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by Duxe(f): 4:51pm On Aug 30, 2012
Oh..! So, its called burka! Hmm..and we simply used 2 call them ninjas like..'dat tall ninja patient..'.
N we called everyother 1 hijab!
Educative...good 1.
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by maclatunji: 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2012
hannydarl: Typical moslem man. Hiding my posts eh mr mod? If I had writen about how nice it is for women to let their moslem men trample all over them and LovePeddler all they want like most moslem men do you will not hide it, if I had written about how women are not smart and should allow their men think for them you will not hide it. The slightest hint of a moslem woman being in control of her home with a blessed moslem husband to guide her as she handles the affairs of her home is frowned upon. Well don o.
By the way why is it I hardly see post written by men teaching fellow men how best to treat their wives and make a happy home? All I see is women cover, women submit women don't do this or that? I believe husband and wives should do the job together.
If you like o in true fashion hide my post again. Allah will judge you all. Amin.

Lady, you are bitter O. Are you married?

We do have such discussions O. And one of your sisters has been very active forcing it down our throats that we Muslim men must treat women well to the point that someone like me is like: "We know, we know, stop already." grin grin grin grin

You should visit https://www.nairaland.com/islam more often. You can trigger the changes you want, don't just be bitter and whine about it.
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
interesting thread

the hijab covering from head to toes is called a Jilbab. u'd hear local Imams say jilbaba. That's the best way to wear it. may Allah help us all to practice Islam the perfect way. Amin
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
Many Nigerian Women wear theirs like this

woman in the middle
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
Nigerians in hijab-

beautiful

Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
I like seeing young children like these. They remind me of me smiley

Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
^Why do they remind you of you. Are you a young child like them?
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:29pm On Aug 30, 2012
deols: Many Nigerian Women wear theirs like this

woman in the middle

I believe that's the shayla, but i might be wrong.
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2012
Most western women in the middle east wear scarves. Dont think they can fall under the category of hijab. They usually leave a part of their hair, jewellery or neck showing. Like Angelina Jolie below..

Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
But She is truly well covered in the picture on the right.

How would you like a Muslim Jolie cheesy

Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by honeric01(m): 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
Who modified my comment? hmmm this is not cool at all.. what i typed was edited, not cool at all, it's better hidden than be edited!
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
fellis: ^Why do they remind you of you. Are you a young child like them?

they remind me of when I was young like them smiley. A lot comes to mind. In short, I have fond memories of a young me in hijab.
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

I believe that's the shayla, but i might be wrong.

oh yes. it fits the description of Shayla
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
honeric01: Who modified my comment? hmmm this is not cool at all.. what i was was edited, not cool at all, it's better hidden than be edited!

shocked shocked are moderators allowed to edit posts?
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
deols:

Yes they can do that.
You wear hijab? Do you live in an area with a lot of Muslims? if you don't mind my asking.
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by maclatunji: 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2012
deols:

Yes we are.
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
maclatunji:

Yes we are.

am afraid we are not safe then.

fellis:
Yes they can do that.
You wear hijab? Do you live in an area with a lot of Muslims? if you don't mind my asking.

I wear hijab.alhamdulillah!. I grew up with a lot of Muslims around me and yh! I live around Muslims
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by maclatunji: 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
deols:

LOL. Stop putting ideas in my head. #Joking
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
^^ it is a good thing. At least one can start blaming it on the moderator.

1 Like

Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
deols:

I wear hijab.alhamdulillah!. I grew up with a lot of Muslims around me and yh! I live around Muslims
Cool. There should be a lot of support from those around you for your wearing it then. Many Muslim women don't wear hijab because their environment is not encouraging.
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by EyesWideOpen(m): 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2012
Allahu Akbar! ... Just look at Angelina Jolie all covered up. She looks beautiful!
I love Islam.
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by maclatunji: 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2012
deols: ^^ it is a good thing. At least one can start blaming it on the moderator.

Say what?
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 7:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
fellis:
Cool. There should be a lot of support from those around you for your wearing it then. Many Muslim women don't wear hijab because their environment is not encouraging.

I hear of such cases and I know it is challenging. But some level of determination will go a long way. Do you wear hijab?
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by maclatunji: 7:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
EyesWideOpen: Allahu Akbar! ... Just look at Angelina Jolie all covered up. She looks beautiful!
I love Islam.

This thread is starting to be about one actress, can we move back to topic?

Thank you.
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 7:29pm On Aug 30, 2012
EyesWideOpen: Allahu Akbar! ... Just look at Angelina Jolie all covered up. She looks beautiful!
I love Islam.

I agree she's more beautiful covered up
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by deols(f): 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
maclatunji:

This thread is starting to be about one actress, can we move back to topic?

Thank you.

the comments still point to the hijab. Hijab beautifies
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by maclatunji: 7:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
fellis:

I agree, even amongst Muslims there's hostility especially from women. However, a Muslim has to be strong at heart especially for things that come as incumbent.
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by maclatunji: 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
deols:

the comments still point to the hijab. Hijab beautifies

I call that Anticipatory Preventive Moderation (APM). Angelina should not be allowed to hijack the thread.

I am already getting tempted to forward a mail to her with a link to this thread.
Re: Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use by tintingz(m): 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
Intereseting and beautiful muslim ladies...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / First Two Ebira People In Mecca On Pilgrimage (Photo) / Bloodbath As Muslims In Oyo Fight Over Praying Ground In Igboora, Ibarapa East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.