Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:18 AM

GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? (24709 Views)

Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? / 40k Monthly Permanent Job Or 80k Monthly Contract Job. Which Would You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by kolexy(m): 8:37am On May 27, 2012
Kockane: Hello house, please I'd like to know, how much GTB pays their graduate trainees, entry level. And how does their training school operate? Do they pay during training? How much? What other perks? Do they provide accommodation during the training like sum other banks?

I'm currently billed to go for my medicals here in Abuja, being at the final stage of the recruitment process before I resume in their training school. I want to know if it will be worthwhile because I'm also due to travel out of the country for my masters very soon. I also need advise on what to do please. Do I go for my masters, or do I defer d admission and start with GTB?

I really don't wanna make a decision I'll come to regret later on. Thanks in anticipation of your kind responses. Bless.

My brother I'll advice you take up the offer from GTbank. I once worked for a Multinational company here in Nigeria. Of all the 8 people in my team, 4 had uki Masters, and we all earned less than NGN 100K except for one that joined with 8yrs experience.

Please don't travel without any work experience, except you can come back to work in your dad's company.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Nozzle(m): 8:46am On May 27, 2012
@ ops, Hey everybody we all agree he needs the experience. I suggest you differ your Hull admission, even if you have part-paid, your space will still be kept for you for subsequent session. A 2 or 3 years GTbank experience combined with ur MBA will appeal to most employers than just ur MBA. An MBA in Hull is as golden as ur experience in GT Bank but the combination of both is platinum LOL. Write to the school to defer and grab the GTbank Job. Infact i think the reason you are coming to NL to ask this question is because of the ur pay is less than 200k....if GT bank pays above 500k we wont see you on NL, We wont even see you in Hull either. grin grin grin Popsy self go advise you make u sidon for 9ja lol

I pray u do wats right bro....my 2 cent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Lisa1: 9:03am On May 27, 2012
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by ovdot(m): 9:09am On May 27, 2012
I concur with Nozzle.
Please differ your admission for a year or 2, GTBank would always take you back after ur Masters.
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by dabigwalls: 9:52am On May 27, 2012
@KelsKelly...I apologise. I didn't mean any insults.
@Mustay...you apparently just started dancing. The question was put to Kelskelly. It seems you were apparently not following. Kelskelly has also responded.
@yemmy ma...I am not interested in joining issues with you because you are attempting to shift the focus. GT Bank or Masters is the issue at hand. Not your discussions about whether MBA or BSc has value or not.
Maybe school should be scrapped altogether. Afterall Bill Gates and a host of others didn't need it to make it big. Anyone can break through I agree, but the propensity in a certificate driven Nigerian business environment is to equip yourself as much as you can. Even the certificates are failing what about the certificateless? Pls let's be real here in offering solutions.

@OP I will give you a few insights. The University of Hull has one of the best business schools in all of northern england. The Business School and their Law are a force to reckon with. Huge investments were made in the supply and logistics arm of the MBA as Hull is a coastal town with a lot of logistis potentials. The economic crunch has hit everywhere! It is not permanent, a boom will soon come again and then besides experience, qualifications will be brought to consideration. Trust me, it will hit you right in your face and you will realise that given the opportunity you have now, when global economies pick up, it was an error to have chosen GT now. It is golden handcuff coz once you get into the banking hole...

Above all pray to God for direction. I am talking from my own experience but yours can be better. A little more insight, I was discouraged from leaving my banking job coz I was offered 5.2M/annum then.I chose to make hay while the sun was shining. I left. Got to the Hull MBA and finished tops in class by God's grace.
There was NO JOB for 12 months of completion. But by the 13th month, it's a driver, a maiguard, a car, my modest income and I have opportunity to affect lives through employment. People in the same organisation after 15 years are barely this lucky. Don't let anybody fool you paper qualification doesn't matter o. It's a lie. God helped me. He will help you.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Mustay(m): 10:11am On May 27, 2012
And
dabigwalls:
Don't let anybody fool you paper qualification doesn't matter o. It's a lie. God helped me. He will help you.

And it's still apparent you're just too in a haste to get the club pass. Warreva sha - read between the lines.
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by scruffyway: 10:21am On May 27, 2012
Very nice thoughts, really nice. I have been following this discussion with a lot of passion. Please, @OP. nobody is your God and we all have different pathways.There are a few things I have noticed here, I could smell some peoples failures in life and some peoples success.Be careful of the kind of advice you adhere to.Life is not all about money.
About the PHd stuff, MBAs now do PHD or DBA,its now very possible all over the world.I realize most people are so outdated and bringing in failures and experiences of the past into the future,it does not always work like that.I was in the banking for some years before I left of my own will to do what I love.Just realized despite the huge salary,I was really empty. I regretted not doing my masters degree earlier and probably doing something else but by the grace of God I ll be going for my MBA soon.There is so much noise about jobs,jobs and jobs,yet in this country everyday,people have 2 or 3 job offers every now and then and I am telling you what I know.You dont have the same path with anybody,seek God,seek direction and do what you want.The path of the just is like a shinning light,shining brighter and brighter. Nothing is looking stable now everywhere,it is only God that makes us smile in the midst of all these.I wish you all the best in life

4 Likes

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by scruffyway: 10:28am On May 27, 2012
@Op it was good you paid and I will suggest you finish your payment cos that will be a serious reminder for you so you dont waste money and then may be differ for a time if you so wish. I can tell you, after some 3 or 4 years, you would be fed up.There is nothing that says you would not get a better job when you come back,nobody cant tell you that,nobody.Till tomorrow,whenever I go out on public speaking engagement,i still say it,EXPERIENCE IS NOT THE GREATEST TEACHER,infact it does not teach.It only draws us back,reminding us of failures and the likes

1 Like

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Nobody: 11:07am On May 27, 2012
It's funny when people keep saying op will have experience after working for a few yrs at GTB.
Experience in what? Over the counter cashier or front desk officer or a marketer chasing people around?

I work in HR in a multinational and i tell you, a candidate with a higher qualification has a huge advantage over someone with a first degree.
I agree that work experience is highly valued but not experience as a cashier or front desk officer.

I have an MBA and i'm proud of it. Companies take great delight in showing of their staff profile.
Nigerians like academics alot. A Bsc is now like an SSCE.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by phillipsadeojo(m): 11:20am On May 27, 2012
@sole4man, pls add me up on facebook - phillips700@hotmail.com, I also wrote d GTB exam on 7th may but no news yet. Abt d post, guy Abeg go for GTB, u can follow up ur program later... Cheers
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by yemmyma: 11:24am On May 27, 2012
dabigwalls:
@Mustay...you apparently just started dancing. The question was put to Kelskelly. It seems you were apparently not following. Kelskelly has also responded.
@yemmy ma...I am not interested in joining issues with you because you are attempting to shift the focus. GT Bank or Masters is the issue at hand. Not your discussions about whether MBA or BSc has value or not.
Maybe school should be scrapped altogether. Afterall Bill Gates and a host of others didn't need it to make it big. Anyone can break through I agree, but the propensity in a certificate driven Nigerian business environment is to equip yourself as much as you can. Even the certificates are failing what about the certificateless? Pls let's be real here in offering solutions.

@OP I will give you a few insights. The University of Hull has one of the best business schools in all of northern england. The Business School and their Law are a force to reckon with. Huge investments were made in the supply and logistics arm of the MBA as Hull is a coastal town with a lot of logistis potentials. The economic crunch has hit everywhere! It is not permanent, a boom will soon come again and then besides experience, qualifications will be brought to consideration. Trust me, it will hit you right in your face and you will realise that given the opportunity you have now, when global economies pick up, it was an error to have chosen GT now. It is golden handcuff coz once you get into the banking hole...

Above all pray to God for direction. I am talking from my own experience but yours can be better. A little more insight, I was discouraged from leaving my banking job coz I was offered 5.2M/annum then.I chose to make hay while the sun was shining. I left. Got to the Hull MBA and finished tops in class by God's grace.
There was NO JOB for 12 months of completion. But by the 13th month, it's a driver, a maiguard, a car, my modest income and I have opportunity to affect lives through employment. People in the same organisation after 15 years are barely this lucky. Don't let anybody fool you paper qualification doesn't matter o. It's a lie. God helped me. He will help you.

I am not also interested in dragging issues with you as well. If you have noticed, i did not make any comment on this particular post because similar topics have been treated in the past. Although this Ops case looks unique because of his career switch. All i meant to say to you was that you don't condemn others peoples humble opinion just because you sharing yours. No one knows what will work out best for the Op, we all just giving calculated suggestions based on how we think the Op should approach the decision.

No hard feelings bro! You will do better by desisting from making overly authoritative opinions in the future when all you are giving is just an advice.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by maybel(m): 11:35am On May 27, 2012
OP pls accept gtb offer and suspend mba for now. Besides,why mba and not msc? Mba is 4 experienced guys but u're a fresh graduate. I did professional master 2 when i finished my 1st dgre but it limited my chances of getting a job. Now,i've found myself in academics and dat means i wil hav to go 4 msc in academics if i want to reach d peak of my career. So, for freshers i advise dem to go 4 academic masters. My 2 cents....
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Kockane(m): 11:41am On May 27, 2012
kristofa09:
kokaine,u've heard it al.take the job,then u av 2 option for ur mastaz:1.work 4 a while n take a study leave in d UK or USA,tht way u retain ur job.2.four mnth into ur job enrol for part time MBA in nigeria,also tht way u dnt loose ur job..
Mayb i shld ad numba three sef.3.dnt do d MBA at al..lol.
Bsides hw old r u nau?

Do banks really give study leave? I'd really love to know. I'm not even d sorta person dat sees myself doin the same thing for too long, I'd get bored easily. Masters or not, I don't see myself in gtbank for more dan 4 years, all tins remaining equal. As I'm just 23, goin for masters by 27-28 isn't such a bad idea, and in d event of a sack b4 den, no wahala, I still have my deferred admission to fall bak on. Probably even forgo it and opt for a better sch. And I hope the older ones would bear with my seeming youthful exubberance and emphasis on monetary returns, even now I see it shldnt be a driving factor. 80% of doz I graduated with a year ago are still in their parents homes, jobless, and a small percentage opted for masters in a bid not to be idle. One thing I noticed is, ow many pple actually go for masters immediately after school if not to stand a better chance of securing a job? Wich I secured almost effortlessly. I came out wiv a mediocre grade, a 2:2, not cuz I aint good enuf for a 2:1 or even a first class, but out of my own making, I wasn't d tiniest bit serious. I'm in a stage of my life where I want to make decisions that wldnt jeopardize the "second chance" God's giving me. Cuz I realize not many pple have the luxury/burden of making such difficult choices. And I also realize it goes both ways, eida decision I make, I still stand a risk of regrettin if tins don't work out eventually. Now, I'm lookin @ the lesser of both "evils", as I'm caught between the devil and d deep blue sea. Lolz. And den again, even my parents are more inclined towards me taking the gtb job first, I wldnt wanna venture into anyfn witout deir "full" blessings. I'll go with gtb for now, go for my masters after 2-3 years, and see what happens afterwards. Thanks a lot guys, asides helpin me make my decision to opt for gaining experience b4 a second degree, I believe dere are odaz in a similar dilemma, followin this thread, who, based on their own unique circumstances would opt to do otherwise. I really appreciate all the pieces of advise, God's blessings!!!

And by the way, please visit my blog too, www.nuttygimmicks. I do write nice and funny stuff in my free tym. One love! smiley

4 Likes

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Ekowise(m): 12:23pm On May 27, 2012
No doubt u've ben given d best advice upon advice. A first Degree wit gud experience is far beta dan a Msc witout experience let alone MBA so long 9ja is concern. U'll wil even fly high wen u make gud achievement during those workin experiences. Frm there u cn then go 4 Master if u like Part Time while stil workin.
I bet u dis. If u leave dat GTB job nd go, wen nxt u'll enta 9ja u wil c lots of guys based here whm u were above nw beta dan u. It must nt realy be 4 d moni at time but if u gud & determined no mater where u study or boost ur CV frm, u must hammer.
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by dabigwalls: 12:53pm On May 27, 2012
I wish you the best brov! You can reach me via pin 23625178 for further counselling if you desire. And pls follow through with your plan with dedication and commitment. And through God's help, humanity should be blessed by the Banker!
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Nozzle(m): 1:36pm On May 27, 2012
dabigwalls:

@ dabigwalls, bros lets analyse this thing properly so we dont lead this young man astray! whats wrong if he goes for his Hull MBA 2years from now while he accumulates relevant work experience in the bank? He might still have the option of coming back to the same bank for a higher position (depends on his negotiation power)so he doesnt even have to be out of job except the time he leaves for his MBA. I feel he has a better chance decorating his CV with his experience and capping it with the Hull MBA than just going now and waiting for 12months like you did, he might not be lucky in the 13th month o!!! I dont have a problem with paper qualification and going to get foreign certificates as a matter of fact i encourage it expecially our engineers and technologist, we need the foreign touch. However, in recent times the numbers of foriegn certificate holders have increased and the Job market has become overly competitve. As a result, employers are now demanding for more, infact some entry level jobs now require experience you'll be amazed!
So as an employer if i have to pick a candidate between two people both having their MBA from Hull and one has a 2 yr GT bank experience, i would definitely go for the guy with 2 years experience with GT bank all other things being equal.
@op I think the only reason i will agree with dabigwalls on this issue is the tendency for you to stray in ur yrs of "experience gathering" you know bankers now..
you may not be able to save if you spend all his money driving flashy cars
if within the space of time you won marry grin
if within the 2 yrs the bank come sack you cos of fraud!
or you go collect bank loan

well these are harsh realities of the step you want to take, It will require lots of discipline my bro. MBA doesnt have an expiry date or does it? (am not sure am an engineer) after 2years Hull will still be there waiting for your balance grin (money gulping bastards!!!) work well with GT bank and get an excellent reference after 2yrs apply for study leave and go do the so called MBA. finish! you always have GT Bank to fall back on if citigroup, baclays or HSBC no take you.

I Wish you well bro...keep ur goals in focus!

1 Like

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Nozzle(m): 2:04pm On May 27, 2012
sorry o everybody i jst dragged u guys backwards, i didnt realise it has all been concluded my snail-speed connection is messing me up!.
@ op Good decision. smiley
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Ayoolu12: 9:20pm On May 27, 2012
I really wonder what some of you are on about ,calling Hull a lowly rated school. I attended the University of Hull for my first degree, and got an MBA later from the same institution. All I can say is that I have received loads of job offers despite the fact that I'm still doing my service year.Many Nigerians are just name droppers. In the end, it boils down to you as an individual. Top companies in Nigeria will snatch you up if you have a foreign degree AND know your 'onions'. You cannot go wrong with a MBA.
My two cents.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Ayoolu12: 9:36pm On May 27, 2012
Seems to me that those advocating for him leaving the job for an MBA are those whole already hold one, and those saying he should take the job now, don't even have a masters degree.
OP, no one can ever take your qualifications away from you. On the other hand, banks are renown for disengaging their staff at a moments notice. Think long and hard about that.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by polys: 11:19pm On May 27, 2012
Dude, advanced degrees are worthless without any experience especially in the finance and management world. When you go for any top level interview, the main focus will be on what you've done before. Don't let anybody lead you astray. Differ your admission, work for a few years, then go for the masters if you still feel like it.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by hayo(m): 11:22pm On May 27, 2012
1. A good MBA program shouldn't be admitting fresh graduates.
2. An MBA degree should have both theoretical and experiential learning. What experience would a fresh graduate bring to the class?
3. Good business schools use case studies. A fresh graduate will struggle to contribute to meaningful discussions that.are based on work experience.

If you finish from physical sciences or engineering degree from a good Nigerian uni, I won't advise you to take any job but get a MSC admission in The US or Canada with the option of going straight for PhD. U won't go wrong with that. Those countries are big on expanding their scientific n Engineering faculties. Apart from those programs, don't waste your time.

The safest way to get an MBA right now is if you are working in a country and can do part time MBA in a good school in that country or even block release in another country whilst still holding down your good job.
My advise for you- take the GTbank job, forget about MBA for now. Get some great skills. Do certifications relevant to where your career is heading. In 4 years, u can even start Manchester biz school block release MBA which takes 3 years. But gain mad skills from now. It will help u.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by hallo(f): 11:22pm On May 27, 2012
Hello beautiful people in the house. @T22 respect to you for your explicit advise.
pls house i need your advice on this. i had my first degree in Psychology and close to 4 yrs work experience. Now am deciding btw having my Master in Management and masters in international law and diplomacy from Unilag. was told that management does not carry more weight like international law & diplomacy. i don't fancy MBA so i won't talk abt it. pls i need help on this. tanx all
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by AjanleKoko: 11:25pm On May 27, 2012
hallo: Hello beautiful people in the house. @T22 respect to you for your explicit advise.
pls house i need your advice on this. i had my first degree in Psychology and close to 4 yrs work experience. Now am deciding btw having my Master in Management and masters in international law and diplomacy from Unilag. was told that management does not carry more weight like international law & diplomacy. i don't fancy MBA so i won't talk abt it. pls i need help on this. tanx all

Are you doing these degrees cos you like the way they sound? Just asking. undecided
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by hyman288: 4:25am On May 28, 2012
kristofa09:
pls when did u aply?n was it tht haruna.musa@gtbank.com tht u used?
yes it was d one wit haruna.musa@gtbank.com
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by GboyegaD(m): 5:31am On May 28, 2012
OP, like someone rightly said, our path to greatness in life differs and I would suggest you talk to God the best way you know how to for guidance on the one to choose. A banking job in my opinion isn't the best of experience. I worked almost 5years in the banking sector before leaving for the US to pursue further studies mainly because my plan had always being to be a professor however, one thing I realised is that my banking experience has not really accounted to something much because I had sat with experts in my school's career center to review my CV and in the few job fairs I participated in, it was my GPA that gave me some edge and that was when I realised why USA schools often times advice you to put your GPA on your CV.
Making you decision based on our opinion isn't the best although the diversion here can help stir up some options you had never looked into before now but it is not enough for you to conclude.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by ABUGEORGE(m): 11:49am On May 28, 2012
Kockane: Hello house, please I'd like to know, how much GTB pays their graduate trainees, entry level. And how does their training school operate? Do they pay during training? How much? What other perks? Do they provide accommodation during the training like sum other banks?

I'm currently billed to go for my medicals here in Abuja, being at the final stage of the recruitment process before I resume in their training school. I want to know if it will be worthwhile because I'm also due to travel out of the country for my masters very soon. I also need advise on what to do please. Do I go for my masters, or do I defer d admission and start with GTB?
@T22, i hail ur govt, dis guy has told u all u need to do my guy. If u no d rate of job seekers u'll thank God thank, my guy Opportunity comes if u fail to grab it at d right time, u've disappointed God first. Try to check around graduates when i mean graduates not ur type o dat is even more high than yours dat are seekin for dis great opportunity. My wise be wise o, u no say na naija u dey.
I really don't wanna make a decision I'll come to regret later on. Thanks in anticipation of your kind responses. Bless.
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 28, 2012
Kockane: Thx guys, I'm really grateful for ur words of advice. Frankly speaking, I don't fink I cld have gotten better advice elsewhere. Thanks once again.

@Mustay, its not about d money o. Its about making the best use of my youth. I'm 23 now, and my goal is @least by 28, I should be made. Dats why I'm bringin d mata to the older, more experienced fellas in d house. And by consensus, I guess its only reasonable to start off with trying to garner sum work experience b4 going for a meaningful masters degree. And I'm no "rich boi" as you stated, na my papa gratuity moni dey hear am. Lolz.
sinc u knw u r only 23, y dnt u go 4 am Msc? Guy u r stil vry young n dnt luk out 4 d immediate future as an msc kan fetch u beta an IQ jobs dan jst a routine bankin job. I stand by my opinion dat hull is nt a les dominant uni...n it maks a lot of sense if u av an msc nau (evn if it's mba if u studied accountin or biz adm, or anytin relatd) coz av seen many friends gv away dia dreams because of money n at d end wil b sackd within 2yrs of wk oq wil evn resign coz dy arnt livin dia wantd lifes coz of a bankin job.
If it were to b a research or dev institute, i'd say u can stil try n ensur u wk towads an msc nxt yr. Bt bankin...i mean routine jobs (hmmm...u'd spend up to 12hrs in a day ooo n dy dnt pay as much as dat lailai 4 bginas!)...jst retink bro coz i dnt want to bliv u r a 'JOB SEEKER' bt i want to c u as a 'PROBLEM SOLVER'

In esence, if u studid admin relatd courses plz go 4 d mba...n mayb msc cos a lot of uk skuls stil has dia forms out. Dnt b dcivd. Educatn is d key. Evn if u get 198k nau, u wnt wana liv d job in 5yrs tym n i admit u wl b toyin wit ur promotn in d future coz banks (evn in recessn) kip dia bst brains which in honesty r dos dat acquird higher educatn abroad.
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by ndavids5(m): 2:41pm On May 28, 2012
My dear, I think the best thing u can do for yourself now is to accept your job offer, u can do your desired course in masters in any top 5 schools sch in U.K, U.S.A or any part of the world you wish to. You can as well do your online course while working with any school of your choice. Permit me to ask you this "what the course you are going over there to do in Masters is not marketable here in 9ja?" I must tell you nobody'll recognise you & your Masters Deg. Aside that, job is very difficult to get in all the nukes & crane of the globe nowadays. You can as well take a study leave after 2 or 3yrs. of work, I'm sure GT'll grant you that. So I urge you to go for the Job. Goodluck!!!

1 Like

Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 28, 2012
Good evening hauz, am a serving corp member ɑņϑ scheduled τ̅☺ pass out next month june..pls can anybody help M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣ with any link τ̅☺ send м̤̣̲̣̈̇γ̲̣̣̥ cv ɑņd i would also like τ̅☺ know if gtb is currently accepting cv. Fran6coarnie@yahoo.com
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by Nobody: 12:16am On May 31, 2012
Some one shud pls respond τ̅☺ м̤̣̲̣̈̇γ̲̣̣̥ issue now,abeg ☀̤̣̈̇f You
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by jidbeg1: 10:27am On Jun 05, 2012
Please brother am also a prospective employer @ gtb. Please i would bevery hlad if you can send a break down of their pay package to my mail address. My e-mail is jidbeg@gmail.com thank you.
Kockane: @tanimola22, I really appreciate ur submission on this, quite insightful. Thanks for taking time out to break it down for me. I guess I'll go with gtb for now. On a similar thread, I learnt they pay about 198k for entry level, wich by my standard isn't bad. Enuf to enable me gather sumfn substantial with all deir allowances and stuff and within a few years, enroll into a more reputable university for my masters just as you suggested.

@Yamakuza, yeah I've done half-payment alredy, and no, its non-refundable. Anyways, its not d moni dat matters, I just don't wanna make a grave mistake. The GTB job, I got by God's grace. Just finished my nysc dis february, and I didnt even apply for the position, it was a cousin of myn dat helped submit my cv and dey called me for the test, I went reluctantly, wrote, and discovered I passed. Outta about 6500 pple, dey pikd 39. I know its like a once in a lifetime opportunity and if I'm gonna throw it away, its gotta be for a worthy cause. I guess I'll just have to defer d MBA admission and probably forget about it eventually.
Re: GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? by tanimola22: 10:42am On Jun 05, 2012
jidbeg1: Please brother am also a prospective employer @ gtb. Please i would bevery hlad if you can send a break down of their pay package to my mail address. My e-mail is jidbeg@gmail.com thank you.

Is GTB looking to be recruited? Omo, you must be a very big man for making this assertion. We shall value GTB, including all assets and liabilities, and then let you know if it is something you can venture into.

Give more details, please.

T22

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” / CBN Staff: We Are Living In Fear Of Sack / I Spent 10 Months In Prison For Resigning Via SMS — 26-Year-Old Photography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.