Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. (14664 Views)

Which Romantic Song/songs Reminds You Of The One/ones You Love/loved / Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae / Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by agiboma(f): 8:45pm On May 12, 2012
who so ever diggit a pit shall fall in it,

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by agiboma(f): 8:46pm On May 12, 2012
If you diggin a grave, make sure you dig 2
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by tchaik(m): 8:46pm On May 12, 2012
"GIVE US THE TEACHINGS OF HIS MAJESTEY; FOR WE NO WANT, NO DEVIL'S PHILOSOPHY"
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by afrodoc(m): 9:25pm On May 12, 2012
"None but ourselves can free our minds".

"Love the life you live,live the life you love".

"The good times of today are the sad thoughts of tomorrow".

"My fear is my only courage". ....(i love this one)

"In this bright future you cant forget your past".
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by cardoso111(m): 10:00pm On May 12, 2012
who the cap fit,let them wear it!
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by sylve11: 11:38pm On May 12, 2012
''Who are u to judge the life i live am not perfect and i don't even have to be, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean''. - i love this quote. ''Philosophical philosopher'' Marley's blessed! cool cool cool
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by lazyklax04(m): 11:52pm On May 12, 2012
“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean!
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by osifred(m): 12:04am On May 13, 2012
[quote author=Koolking]“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect far more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.”

Pls which of his song did he say all dat?
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Nobody: 12:28am On May 13, 2012
You think you are in heaven, but you are living in hell

Time alone, oh! time will tell.

You can't run away from yourself.

Its only a fool who lean upon his own misunderstanding.

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Anikeji: 4:30am On May 13, 2012
"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"- Rat race

"So they build the world in great confusion, to put on us the devil's illusion...No matter what they say, we got something they can never take away and it's the FIRE!"

"Arm in arm with arms, we'll overcome a likkle trouble"

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by madskills(m): 5:06am On May 13, 2012
We ve got 2 chase dos crazy bald heads out of town .......
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Uchbebe46(m): 6:25am On May 13, 2012
-satisfy my soul-
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by raphylawren: 8:37am On May 13, 2012
love this
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by osifred(m): 8:50am On May 13, 2012
just before he died bob marley in his sick ridden bed whispered to ziggy his oldest son 'money cannot buy life'
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Beaf: 9:12am On May 13, 2012
"Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny, and in this judgement there is no partiality"

"To divide and rule could only tear us apart; in everyman chest, mm - there beats a heart.
So soon we'll find out who is the real revolutionaries, and I don't want my people to be tricked by mercenaries"

-Zimbabwe
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Beaf: 9:17am On May 13, 2012
For the independence day show in apartheid Zimbabwe, Bob Marley was given only 10 minutes.
He ignored it. cool
His words had moved the crowd to a real frenzy by the time he was halfway through. The organisers frantically begged him to stop. He ignored it. cool
In the end, teargas was applied on the crowd.

May the soul of one of the greatest Black men, Robert Nester Marley (Bob Marley) Rest In Peace.

Excerpts from the closing stanza's of Bob Marleys Zimbabwe.

Brother, you're right, you're right,
You're right, you're right, you're so right!
We'll 'ave to fight (we gon' fight), we gonna fight (we gon' fight),
We'll 'ave to fight (we gon' fight), fighting for our rights!

Natty trash it in-a Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe);
Mash it up in-a Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe);
Set it up in-a Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe);
Africans a-liberate Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe);
Natty dub it in-a Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe).

Set it up in-a Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe);
Every man got a right to decide his own destiny.
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Beaf: 9:22am On May 13, 2012
Feel it in the one drop,
And we still find time to rap,
We're making the one stop,
And we fill in the gap,
So feel this drum beat,
As it beats within'
Playing a rythm,
Fighting against ism and skism's, singing...
I know Jah'd never let us down
Pull your rights from wrong
I know Jah'd never let us down
Oh no ! Oh no ! Oh no !

They made the world so hard,
Everyday we got to keep on fighting (everyday)
They made the world so hard,
Everyday the people are dying,
(Dread, dread, dread...)
How, how, how a frightening day ! (repeat)

Eh give us the teaching of His Majesty,
For we no want no devil philosophy,

Can you hear ?
Give us the teaching of His Majesty,
For we no want no devil philosophy,

-One Drop
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Beaf: 9:29am On May 13, 2012
Sheriff John Brown always hate me! For what what? I don't know.
Every time I plant the seed, he say, 'kill dem before they grow!', he say, 'kill dem before they grow!'

Every day de bucket ah go ah well, one day di bottom ah go drop out! I say, one day de bottom will drop out!"

Freedom came my way one day, and I started out of town yeah!
All of a sudden I saw Sheriff John Brown, he was aiming to shoot I down, he was aiming to shoot I down!
So I shot, yes I shot the Sheriff down!

Frustration and the system. embarassed
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Nobody: 10:16am On May 13, 2012
"Emancipate yourself from MENTAL SLAVERY(Religion), non but ourselves can free our MIND".

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Koolking(m): 10:24am On May 13, 2012
[quote author=osifred][/quote]

I wouldnt know if the quote was versed in any of his lyrics, i got it from one of his books (poetry)
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by osifred(m): 12:24pm On May 13, 2012
Koolking:

I wouldnt know if the quote was versed in any of his lyrics, i got it from one of his books (poetry)

Pls what is the title of the book? ¶ have seen the quote online as part of bob Marley's
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Sianoz: 3:21pm On May 13, 2012
Beaf:

-One Drop
correction: "they made their world so hard" "i wan frieghten them"
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Sianoz: 3:43pm On May 13, 2012
"The truth is an offence but not a sin." "It's a foolish dog barks at a flying bird." "How can you give ur more to receive ur less." "There will never be no love at all." "Better to die fighting dor freedom than be a prisoner all days off your life." "Overcome the devil with a thing called love." "My music will go on forever may be it's a fool say that, but when me know facts, me can say facts my music will go on forever" All quotes from bob marley.
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Remii(m): 3:44pm On May 13, 2012
Danigmatic: well we don't know him,,we heard it from bob marley,,,

lol, I expect you to fill that gap by trying to read about him. Surely, Emperor Haile Selassie was on of the greatest African leaders.
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by Arogunmasa(m): 10:26pm On May 13, 2012
"Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life"
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by fromacho: 8:17am On May 14, 2012
Imancipate yourself from mental slavary
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by prettyrich(f): 10:23am On May 14, 2012
"A beautiful woman this another man play thing"
"Who the cap's fit,let them wear it"
Mama said,son did u take time to know her?
"I told her mama ,she is the best".
But today am going back to her to say mama am getting divorce
for it didnt work the way i taught it will".
combination of Bob Marley nd Lucky Dup. Those guys remain my best.
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by ololo12: 12:26pm On May 14, 2012
I have to run like a fugitive to save the life I live
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by analyticalman: 3:06pm On May 14, 2012
Bob Marley to me remains the great legend ever lived on planet earth.How i wished this great guy was alive.He was an inpiration,a colossus of our time.You will always remain ever green in my memory,Sir Bob!
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by transpix(m): 3:08pm On May 14, 2012
ME NO HAVE NO EDUCATION
WHAT ME HAVE IS INSPIRATION
IF I WAS EDUCATED, I WOULD HAVE BEEN A DAMN FOOL.-- ROBERT NESTER MARLEY
Re: Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. by DonnMarri: 7:27am On May 15, 2012
Every Need Has Got An Ego To Feed ... Bob Nester Marley In Uprising Album

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Canibus Destroys Eminem / Download Music: Mabel - Don't Call Me Up Full Song / Video MP4: Drake – God's Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.