Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:28 PM

Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye (38355 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 7:20pm On May 12, 2012
Yorubas please ignore this thread. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 7:20pm On May 12, 2012
Igbos please ignore this thread. smiley
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:
[s]
SHUT UP! What does this have to do with your ethnicity?! I have insulted Yorubas before so I say again, to hell with your Yoruba. That has nothing to do with me. Must you tell me your ethnic group? Your comment shows that you are the bias person. What does "Yorubas are accommodating" have to do with IGBO.

Note: no other ethnic group went up in arms apart from the Igbos. Please read the whole thread before commenting![/s]

What's your point ?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 7:22pm On May 12, 2012
Arysexy:

whether u rent or not, we keep on buying and building till we turn u all to tenants in lagos. u cant push us out of lagos dat was built with our collective wealth, u may do dat in abeokuta but not in lagos. dat the bitter fact!

people dat envy sucessful igbos cannot be said to be accomodating. omo ibo, omo ibo as if we made u pple paupers. silly lazy people!

O'boy, that one na your problem. I don't care. When the time comes and you push the locals to the wall and they do as people do in Kano and co then, you ALONE will suffer whatever consequences not me. I am not even in Nigeria but anyone with a bit of decency and home-training will know that no matter where you find yourself in life, you should always respect the locals. I would not go to Kenya and start shouting down the locals without thinking of the aftermath.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem: Yorubas please ignore this thread. smiley
afam4eva: Igbos please ignore this thread. smiley

You two need to STFU! Who do you think you are fooling?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 7:23pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem: Yorubas please ignore this thread. smiley

grin grin grin . . mehn!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 12, 2012

The thread wasnt iboish in the first instance ! grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 7:24pm On May 12, 2012
engineerd:

You two need to STFU! Who do you think you are fooling?
grin grin grin grin grin Abeg o !

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Frostyzone(m): 7:24pm On May 12, 2012
Hey guys, we are all brothers in Nigeria no matter what tribe you came from.
Whether you re Yoruba,Igbo,Hausa,Ijaw,etc let's shelf our differences and live in peace.
Everytime I entered a thread, no matter the topic the thread always have a way of transforming into a tribal hate bashing.
It's either Christian vs Muslims, or Yorubas vs Igbos.
Yes,I agree as a yoruba man that our tribe is one of the most accomodating in Nigeria but can't we just leave it as that without deviating from the original topic, huh?
In Deutchland(Germany), turkish race,bosnian,slovakian form a huge part of the population but you don't see the host(Germans) trading insults with them or discriminating against them. That's how things are done in civilised places.
So to my Yoruba brothers,let us try to behave like good host abeg.
If you are insulted by a fellow Nairalander, just ignore the fellow and continue with your thread. Don't give him/her the satisfaction of derailing it.
That's how things are done.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 7:24pm On May 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The thread wasnt iboish in the first instance ! grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Abagworo(m): 7:24pm On May 12, 2012
Onlytruth:

That is why you should add your voice in support of a FULLY FUNCTIONAL international airport in SE. Somehow, it seems that our people can't connect the dots over this issue. The issue is arguably the most important development issue facing SE. I don't believe in using international airports in other zones because I know how Nigerians think.
Most of the time, our people buy those lands and buildings as investments (that is something with commercial value).
Our investments in the East has little commercial value because we lack international access.
A foreigner can buy property in Lagos because of that access.

I don't think it is the value of investment. Those Northerners and Yorubas could have invested in Port Harcourt which has the same rate of value appreciation with Lagos and Abuja but they chose not to because they do not see it as home. Igbos are the ones that keep shouting Biafra and keep investing all they get in another man's zone. Indians working in Nigeria would rather live in a hotel than to invest their life earnings here. Many top shots in oil companies here are Yorubas and Northerners but they only own one house which they usually sell off on retirement. The Igbos never sell theirs but keep acquiring more and more.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 7:25pm On May 12, 2012
Frostyzone: Hey guys, we are all brothers in Nigeria no matter what tribe you come from.
Whether you re Yoruba,Igbo,Hausa,Ijaw,etc let's shelf our differences and live in peace.
Everytime I entered a thread, no matter the topic the thread always have a way of transforming into a tribal hate bashing.
Yes,I agree as a yoruba man that our tribe is one of the most accomodating in Nigeria but can't we just live it as that without deviating from the original topic, huh?
In Deutchland(Germany), turkish race,bosnian,slovakian form a huge part of the population but you don't see the host(Germans) trading insults with them or discriminating against them. That's how things are done in civilised places.
If you are insulted by a fellow Nairalander, just ignore the fellow and continue with your thread. Don't give him/her the satisfaction of derailing it.

gbammm but that is the reason Igbo people think you all are cowards grin grin grin grin grin

YOU ARE TO DAMN DIPLOMATIC angry

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 12, 2012
Are you guys not tired of these types of threads

Yoruba people own Lagos, and I'm from Lagos... Other tribes can buy houses, and invest in Lagos - but that won't change anything...

All the land sold in Lagos to foreigners (other tribes) are on leasehold, and they would be repossessed when the lease lapses...

You guys need to stop disrespecting those of us, whose ancestry is Lagos... Yes, we're accommodating - but we know what we're doing...

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 12, 2012
Frostyzone: Hey guys, we are all brothers in Nigeria no matter what tribe you come from.
Yes,I agree as a yoruba man that our tribe is one of the most accomodating in Nigeria but can't we just live it as that without deviating from the original topic, huh?

All these newbies with their advice sef.Oya afam and jason,gerrout of this thread. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 7:27pm On May 12, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin
~Bluetooth:

All these newbies with their advice sef.Oya afam and jason,gerrout of this thread. grin grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 12, 2012
When the lease on the land, you bought on leasehold lapses - you may move your house(s)... You may move your house(s) to your part of the country... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by BlackBaron: 7:31pm On May 12, 2012
All I say is the rate of infrastructure development should keep up with the rate of population explosion.

Yet to see any tribe not represented in Lagos due to her cosmopolitan status.

However, don't underestimate a future struggle for shrinking resources if not tackled.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 12, 2012
Yorubas are the most accommodating bla bla bla, but not even one of these poo flinging monkies dares to even give a reason how exactly. Bunch of irritating clowns.
Sorry you people are never accommodating but are helpless in the situation and have no option than to live with others because it is still one Nigeria.

Apart from Lagos, for very obvious reasons, which other yoruba village do people find interesting enough to live in?
Do not get it twisted though, the fact that an Igbo drug store operator would open one in Ibadan does not mean he is doing it because of your fictitious accommodating nature but because he is economically savvy enough to know that he can make some bucks selling those drugs to you. It is not out of choice but out of necessity.

No one is disputing the yoruba ownership of Lagos, at least for the time being, but know it that when the Nigeria apocalypse begins, you would trade with your own blood to be able to steal the hard work of many. Lagos would end up in ruins if you people over step your boundaries and attempt another ''abandoned properties'' saga. Then you loud mouth yorubas would have to build a new Lagos and since every one and their dogs know that building from scratch up is not one of the strong points of yorubas, it would be interesting to see what you clowns come up with.
Be careful what you people utter. You are not the only ones that have stakes in Lagos.
You can do whatever you like with the rest of your caves called the south-west.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 12, 2012
I can't believe I said: "lands" - Igbos got me high, without smoking weed. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nwanne, biko leave Lagos out of your tribal wars, ewu... Anumannus and efulefus.. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 12, 2012
Bandit C.:
Yorubas are the most accommodating bla bla bla, but not even one of these poo flinging monkies dares to even give a reason how exactly. Bunch of irritating clowns.
Sorry you people are never accommodating but are helpless in the situation and have no option than to live with others because it is still one Nigeria.

Apart from Lagos, for very obvious reasons, which other yoruba village do people find interesting enough to live in?
Do not get it twisted though, the fact that an Igbo drug store operator would open one in Ibadan does not mean he is doing it because of your fictitious accommodating nature but because he is economically savvy enough to know that he can make some bucks selling those drugs to you. It is not out of choice but out of necessity.

No one is disputing the yoruba ownership of Lagos, at least for the time being, but know it that when the Nigeria apocalypse begins, you would trade with your own blood to be able to steal the hard work of many. Lagos would end up in ruins if you people over step your boundaries and attempt another ''abandoned properties'' saga. Then you loud mouth yorubas would have to build a new Lagos and since every one and their dogs know that building from scratch up is not one of the strong points of yorubas, it would be interesting to see what you clowns come up with.
Be careful what you people utter. You are not the only ones that have stakes in Lagos.

ahhhhhhh shut up!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Cupidkc(m): 7:39pm On May 12, 2012
Nice...Lagos is the heartbeat of Africa...
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:41pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

God forbid it for me and her! May the curse return to you in 100 folds!

How will anything bad happen to me when I dont wish my fellow human being bad luck which is what you do on daily basis! you are a hateful person and it has been confirmed today.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 12, 2012
Bandit C.:
[s]Yorubas are the most accommodating bla bla bla, but not even one of these poo flinging monkies dares to even give a reason how exactly. Bunch of irritating clowns.

Do not get it twisted though, the fact that an Igbo drug store operator would open one in Ibadan does not mean he is doing it because of your fictitious accommodating nature but because he is economically savvy enough to know that he can make some bucks selling those drugs to you. It is not out of choice but out of necessity.[/s]

No one is disputing the yoruba ownership of Lagos,[s] at least for the time being, but know it that when the Nigeria apocalypse begins, you would trade with your own blood to be able to steal the hard work of many. Lagos would end up in ruins if you people over step your boundaries and attempt another ''abandoned properties'' saga. Then you loud mouth yorubas would have to build a new Lagos and since every one and their dogs know that building from scratch up is not one of the strong points of yorubas, it would be interesting to see what you clowns come up with.
You can do whatever you like with the rest of your caves called the south-west.[/s]

I actually thought your brain is seriously damaged but the bolded shows that there is still hope for you.You may just been drunk while typing.Asswipe cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 12, 2012
Bandit C.:

Yes, everyone with an INVESTMENT in Lagos has a stake in the place - as long as Nigeria is still one... But it's disrespectful to call Lagos a no man's land...

Having a stake in a place, is different from owning the place...

Every posters on NL has a stake in NL, because without us - there is no NL... But that doesn't change the fact that Seun owns NL... Do you get the drift??

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 7:44pm On May 12, 2012
another abandon property shocked shocked shocked shocked dude there was never any abandon property in the west or north

it only happen in port harcourt
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:45pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Lets get it started; As far as I can read the topic says "the yoruba are the most accomodating in Nigeria". Now Alh hare aka Jason, what makes the yoruba more accomodating and what makes the Igbos less accomodating ? Have you lived in lagos Island ? Have you lived in Onicha,PH,warri and Asaba ? I want you to give me one attribute that makes them more accomodating and dont give me that crap about all ethnic groups living in lagos cos lagos in not the only yoruba state and we have all ethnicities living in Aba,ph,onicha,jos,calabar and kano. So, tell me how the content of this article qualifies as a fact ? Did he make indepth research on how yorubas treat their visitors and compare that to how Igbos treat theirs ? How did he arrive at that conclusion? Could it be that he was mistaking the infrastructural abilities that lagos offers due to its host of the federal capital for decades for accomodation on the yoruba part ? I was born in jos and lived their till i was 15yrs before we moved to bini and from bini to lagos before i left for abroad. I have some solid facts from about the yorubas which i accumulated from experience in dealing with them. This is an assignment for you! I will present lots of my various encounter with yorubas as we progress..

None of these noisemakers has been able to reply the above post! Weaklings !
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 12, 2012
If you live in Lagos; have an investment there; and pay your taxes there - then you're definitely a Lagosian... But that doesn't make you an 'owner' - or Lagos, a no man's land..

I live in London; I was raised here; and I pay taxes here - but that doesn't make me an English guy... I'm a Londoner, but I know my boundaries... Lagos is my home town!!!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Mojibola(m): 7:47pm On May 12, 2012
all of una stil dey ginger...dont worri, o ma to re gbogbo yin.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem: another abandon property shocked shocked shocked shocked dude there was never any abandon property in the west or north

it only happen in port harcourt

Their grand-daddies didnt tell them they can back to yorubaland with their properties intact.i tire for these folks honestly.Btw,is their any good houses in lagos owned by ibos beside that slum in ajegunle ? grin

1 Like

Frostyzone: Hey guys, we are all brothers in Nigeria no matter what tribe you came from.
Yes,I agree as a yoruba man that our tribe is one of the most accomodating in Nigeria but can't we just leave it as that without deviating from the original topic, huh?

How many Turks, Bosnians or Slovaks have you seen laying claim to Hamburg or Berlin? Ibos should just learn to live in peace with others without creating unnecessary tension with their host communities.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by cnwamo(m): 7:47pm On May 12, 2012
As expected this is another tribal war tread. Why can't You guys just grow up.
There's no tribe in Nigeria without its faults.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

None of these noisemakers has been able to reply the above post! Weaklings !

what is your problem sHir ? Lol grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

Afolabi Akanni Not Dead As DSS Produces ‘Dead’ Lawmaker Alive (PHOTO) / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / Chief Of Army Staff's Representative Discredits Rivers APC At The Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.