Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church (12417 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Which Food Do You Enjoying Cooking Most? / Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by orekinky: 5:56pm On May 12, 2012
Maxymilliano: Unfortunately, some of us never had such luxuries. Having Rice and Chicken stew or Bread and fried egg on Sundays was a luxury way back then. I go to Church on empty stomach without any thought of what menu will await me at home after the service.

Glad that i can afford the most expensive menu for supper now
. What a world.
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by SamMilla1(m): 6:04pm On May 12, 2012
bright007: pls don't cry,its not my fault dat u always go to church on empty stomach.
U said u enjoyed it,but come to think of it,did u have any choice?I can imagine how you stretched ur entire body in church and yawned noisily as if u wanted to swallow d preacher or neighbour sitting next to u.U couldn't concentrate or benefit from wat church had to offer,all ur thoughts boiled down to closing prayers and I can imagine how u rained internal insults on d preacher whenever he seem to delay closing time.

Are you alright? How does locking up stew and waiting until about 10 am(when church ends) become food conservation? What about the rest of the six days of the week, did you hear anybody complain that they go to school on empty stomach. From your posts, we can understand that your Dad is Dangote while cecilia Ibru is your mom. We are sharing what we experienced as kids and trust me, come to think of it now, it was all fun. The whole thing made me a strong person today unlike you who could cry to death if mom is not there to supply you food every 1 hour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by tpia5: 6:07pm On May 12, 2012
so what is nl supposed to do about you people and your mothers now?

you cant directly iron out your issues with your mamas in person, so you turn to the internet for help?
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Coefficient(m): 6:08pm On May 12, 2012
bright007: sorry for u dat grew up in å poverty-stricken home!So you call always starving to church or keeping your best meal till after church å method of showing motherly love!pls do d same to your unfortunate born or unborn children.

Whether this thread is on the front page or back page isn't an issue to me. But hey skank, are you saying they should go behead their parents for instilling a bit of discipline in them or they should not reflect on their childhood memories? Not everybody grew up in a 'poverty stricken' home as you insinuated. I grew up in a home of affluence and I eat whatever and whenever I like but I still share those memories too! Stop the hating, ok? Got get a life! You're not being forced to comment on the thread or is there a price you're getting for spewing rubbish here?
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by bright007(f): 6:09pm On May 12, 2012
Nairaboi: . . . 4rm all u have said, it has been deduced that u are what? A F.ooL
I understand dat u are d only gay albino in ur family!No need replying u cos I understand u need attention.
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by oraclefemi(m): 6:09pm On May 12, 2012
Look all you saying shyte about it being wrong or something are mentally forked..it was all fun we had when we were young and trust me a lot of us miss it, not that we were poor but it was just the mentality our parents had..so if you didnt experience it, just pass along the thread and go and open another thread that says those who ate to church ..i am sure seun experienced it thats why it made front page..i miss the good old days..still remembering the stew right now ! fyi i didnt give my offering , i saved it for mario games later ...
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by SamMilla1(m): 6:35pm On May 12, 2012
bright007: u are sharing poverty memories.if u ŵėřē following from d beginning,many of your likes dat commented simply stated how hungry they were Just like u.
Its so pathetic dat ťĥĕ mentality of instilling hunger all in å bid to ensure discipline is widely accepted by fools without inquiry like u.

We are really sharing poverty memories and since you dont belong to our Class, you can climb up to your throne. There are threads about "Your first car". You can find it and write Bughati Veryon or Ferarri. Dont get upset if we dont care.

I dont need to follow your posts here because you are obviously angry for nothing. I created the post and yes, i am from a poor family. Guess what, that food my mom conserved thought me how to save and today, I am a self made millionaire. Not your typical millionaire but double digit millionaire... 8-)

3 Likes

Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by freecocoa(f): 7:31pm On May 12, 2012
Sam Milla:

We are really sharing poverty memories and since you dont belong to our Class, you can climb up to your throne. There are threads about "Your first car". You can find it and write Bughati Veryon or Ferarri. Dont get upset if we dont care.

I dont need to follow your posts here because you are obviously angry for nothing. I created the post and yes, i am from a poor family. Guess what, that food my mom conserved thought me how to save and today, I am a self made millionaire. Not your typical millionaire but double digit millionaire... 8-)
If that girl is from a wealthy family,then my mother is queen elizabeth and my dad,bill gates.wink
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Kizilala: 8:02pm On May 12, 2012
bright007: With an appreciable number of commentors remembering how mum use to starve dem of rice and stew b4 going to church,it is really pathetic.You all came from either poor homes or homes where those in charge of affairs ŵėřē mentally sick
If not,I don't see any reason for those actions back then or maybe u should go and ask dem ŵĥŷ they did that.

So uncalled for.Why the insults?
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by WhoIGoAsk: 8:03pm On May 12, 2012
bread as breakfast on all sunday
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by ijebuboy18(m): 8:09pm On May 12, 2012
I would have luvd 2 read dis thread and 2 hav laffed allday witout havin to post but bright007 had 2 spoil it.
@bright007 d fact that "OUR" parents tot it best to reserve our "SUNDAY FOOD" till afta church 4 us to eat doesn't give u d right 2 call dem poor,bad parents or sticken with poverty mentality. This post is for FOND childhood memories abt ur sundays and 4 u 2 come and try 2 rubbish it cos u ate 3-4hrs earlier makes no sense.
The fact that your upbringing was diff from mine, doesn't give u any right to rubbish my own upbringing, cos ur parents did wat they tot was best 4 u,which included feedin u b4 church, jst as mine did wat they tot was best 4 me by feedin me afta church.
Is that really so hard 4 u 2 comprehend

1 Like

Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Diakpa(m): 8:29pm On May 12, 2012
But_one_day: @sam, hehehe, hold it dia, why tempting me na, why REMEMBERING me of my past or do u want me to go back to my childhood age. @ topic, my mom also does dat wounda why dey do so. Infact during dat time going to church again na wahala, just com up wit storey.

it is not 'why remembering me...', it is 'why reminding me...'
u guys should still try na. if u don't know how to speak proper english, can't u still at least know how to write? if that one still dey hard u, use pidgin english take write; nor be by force to use proper english write.
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by freecocoa(f): 8:42pm On May 12, 2012
bright007: d̶̲̥̅̊
ọ̥
u have to display your ineptitude all because you too ŵėřē deprived of basic child necessities like eating good food at d right time?
For God sake,one of d most important thing å child needs is food.I magine one of d posters said d mum will make å miserable tea for dem and reserve d rice till after church.Is dat sensible?
Is not about being rich but common sense.I will understand if grown-ups decide to starve maybe for any reason e.g lateness but for kids dats really poor.
Oh so you even have the nerves to reply my post with big english sef,listen up grinch,the fact that i decided to pay little mind to your f00lishness does not mean you are important so don't feel like it. tongue

Its just alarming that even with what almost everyone on this thread has tried to explain to you about what this thread is about,you still can't get it,just how daft are you?

My childhood was pure bliss and yes we ate rice after church service but that doesn't mean we went to church hungry or that we were poor,we were actually poles apart from it,thing is, it was the norm in most homes those days,I cherish those good old days and i really miss them. cheesy

Now if your life is so miserable that you despise your childhood so much,let those who enjoyed theirs be and go choke on your misery or jump in front of a moving train,trust me you wouldn't be missed grin.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by tpia5: 9:04pm On May 12, 2012
why is bright007 the one being dumped on when the op started the thread to abuse his mother's technique of raising him?

others then followed suit and started lambasting their mothers.

where exactly is bright007 to blame for all of this?
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by freecocoa(f): 9:22pm On May 12, 2012
^Go through the op's first post and if you can't find the humor in it then i don't know what to say to you,bright on the other hand is just being stup1d with her posts.
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by iyke648(m): 9:28pm On May 12, 2012
armyofone: smiley funny childhood memories Sam Milla

got to a point nne stop cooking the rice until after church smiley
then change to cooking the stew on saturday night but no rice.
no food in the morning because i have to take holy communion and drink wine grin
i found myself remembering the nice stew during Mass grin
. U must b an anglican lol. As 4 me my mum leaves d rice and locks d stew. Atimez she selektz all d meat 4rm d stew. So funny grin
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by isquar3d3(m): 10:05pm On May 12, 2012
tpia@:
why is bright007 the one being dumped on when the op started the thread to abuse his mother's technique of raising him?

seriously? Lambasting his mom? Where's your sense of humour? I thought i saw pride nd fulfilment in the Op's post.
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by ZUBY77(m): 10:06pm On May 12, 2012
tpia@:

The two posts you made here pointed to the OP. Do you have a personal problem with him? If not, then try to see the humour in his first post or just shut up. All of us are not having a bad day. Biitchh!

1 Like

Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by isquar3d3(m): 10:12pm On May 12, 2012
oraclefemi: Look all you saying shyte about it being wrong or something are mentally forked..it was all fun we had when we were young and trust me a lot of us miss it, not that we were poor but it was just the mentality our parents had..so if you didnt experience it, just pass along the thread and go and open another thread that says those who ate to church ..i am sure seun experienced it thats why it made front page..i miss the good old days..still remembering the stew right now ! fyi i didnt give my offering , i saved it for mario games later ...
lol @ not giving your offering. I used to do it too sometimes and then try 2 explain 2 God later, justifying my actions and promising to give him more the following Sunday.
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by freecocoa(f): 11:39pm On May 12, 2012
isquar3d3: lol @ not giving your offering. I used to do it too sometimes and then try 2 explain 2 God later, justifying my actions and promising to give him more the following Sunday.
Quite funny,I didn't get the opportunity to spend my offering money cos of our maid till i entered secondary school,used to give God half and use the other half to buy biscuit,chei sweet old days.grin grin grin
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by armyofone(m): 1:21am On May 13, 2012
Catholic grin no food before communion. Very strict... grin agro go dey catch ya belle but holy communion first grin

iyke648: . U must b an anglican lol. As 4 me my mum leaves d rice and locks d stew. Atimez she selektz all d meat 4rm d stew. So funny grin
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by GboyegaD(m): 9:19am On May 13, 2012
In my case, we were very fortunate. We eat before we go to church. Yam and fried egg with corn beef was our Sunday morning delicacy except during lenten period however, my dad had to put a stop to it when I was about 9 or so because we were always looking sick during services and sometimes, they would have to beg us to stand up before we do during service. Chai, I think I was spoilt with food growing up because often times, breakfast is ready as early as 6am in my house and so when I got to school, I do not attend all those 7am lectures because I need to cook and eat before going to any class. Unfortunately, when I started work too, I would eat before I leave home for work as early as 5am however, now things have changed. I get to eat muffin and a cup of coffee for breakfast most times in recent times. I miss my mama food ooooo I swear.
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by seunny4lif(m): 11:43am On May 13, 2012
My mom does it everysunday then and i remember may God forgive all the money giving to me for offering are meant for gogo chocolate and sweet.Even my sister till do it now,for her childern bt i always lol.That life
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by ZUBY77(m): 12:18pm On May 13, 2012
GboyegaD: In my case, we were very fortunate. We eat before we go to church. Yam and fried egg with corn beef was our Sunday morning delicacy except during lenten period however, my dad had to put a stop to it when I was about 9 or so because we were always looking sick during services and sometimes, they would have to beg us to stand up before we do during service. Chai, I think I was spoilt with food growing up because often times, breakfast is ready as early as 6am in my house and so when I got to school, I do not attend all those 7am lectures because I need to cook and eat before going to any class. Unfortunately, when I started work too, I would eat before I leave home for work as early as 5am however, now things have changed. I get to eat muffin and a cup of coffee for breakfast most times in recent times. I miss my mama food ooooo I swear.

Nice, we have been trying to tell some hegoat here that it was not about poverty. Eating a full plate of rice before going to Church can make one very heavy and lazy in the Church.
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Feraz(m): 11:05pm On May 13, 2012
ZUBY77:

Nice, we have been trying to tell some hegoat here that it was not about poverty. Eating a full plate of rice before going to Church can make one very heavy and lazy in the Church.
you're being too modest at the bolded.............can't forget the day my mum prepared one delicious (understatement) okro soup on a sunday morning and made garri (was a kid back then).......i overfed (ate about 4 and 1/2 a plate of that stainless steel (if you can still remember it)) myself before going to church....well, you could guess the result.......yeah!!!!!!!! You're so right!!!! Slept throughout the entire service that i had to be awakened by the ushers to go home and sleep...........till now, i dread eating garri in the mornings........
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by GODSLOVE2(f): 11:47pm On May 13, 2012
Hmmm,i cant 4get those days,hmmm,my mom do take d food 2 church due 2 we close by 2pm in church,som tims she makes agidi wit palm kenel soup,hmm so interesting,my mum is the best,,to those who are so sad wit their life dat could nt share d gud old days,but insult us dat hav gud remebrance should keep quiet mayb u were a very stuborn child dat didnt appreciate his or her parent,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Awesome Cakes By Sazzy's Place Lagos / Do You Normally Cry When You Slice The Onion (pic) / My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.