Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London (14920 Views)

Meet The Mayor Of Enfield, UK Patricia Ekechi / Meet Nigeria Born Enfield Mayor / Nigerian Born Councillor Kate Anolue Is The New Mayor Of Enfield London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Zenakoboko(m): 1:06pm On May 12, 2012
A Nigerian born Councillor Kate Anolue is now the new Mayor of the London Borough of Enfield in the United Kingdom. Councillor Anolue, who served as Deputy Mayor last year took over from Councillor Christiana During. Councillor Anolue represents Upper Edmonton Ward and was first elected to the Council in 2002.
In an emotion laden voice the new Mayor said, ‘I wish my father and my husband were here today to witness this event, but I know they are up there looking after me

Source:
http://lindaikeji..com/2012/05/nigerian-woman-kate-anolue-is-new-mayor.html#more

Nice one!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by achi4u(m): 1:10pm On May 12, 2012
daz igbo spirit.
congrat brother
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 1:24pm On May 12, 2012
congrats smiley
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 12, 2012
@aljharem, na sister o, no bi brother!
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:00pm On May 12, 2012
Great! Did you have to make mention of her ethnicity? How old are you? SMH
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Musiwa51: 2:02pm On May 12, 2012
this is a useless thread, who cares on a nigeria website. People dont give a shiit about this..
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by achi4u(m): 2:13pm On May 12, 2012
cheesy wink
cogitoErgo: @aljharem, na sister o, no bi brother!
if na sister she no sweet oo grin
if na sister she no sweet oo
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by dasparrow: 2:18pm On May 12, 2012
Musiwa..:
this is a useless thread, who cares on a nigeria website. People dont give a shiit about this..

Says who? Besides, I see topics that have nothing to do with Nigerians or Nigeria on the home page so why not a thread highlighting the achievement of a diasporan Nigerian?

@ Post

Congratulations!
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by lagcity(m): 2:20pm On May 12, 2012
Omo, see Igbo beauty! chei! Madam Mayor, make we come chop money na.
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 2:25pm On May 12, 2012

LOOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin No be me talk am o !!!
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Ejine(m): 2:31pm On May 12, 2012
Congratulations, bro smiley
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by kyle12345: 2:48pm On May 12, 2012
Wow! Nigerian are making us proud outside. We need such excellence in 9ja...where dem dey
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 2:52pm On May 12, 2012
Ejiné: Congratulations, bro smiley

Bro You blind grin grin grin

she is a woman

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 2:53pm On May 12, 2012

This is a woman and not a man !!!
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 2:53pm On May 12, 2012
kyle12345: Wow! Nigerian are making us proud outside. We need such excellence in 9ja...where dem dey

You can say that again, I am proud of her and her achievement. smiley
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by denzel2009: 3:24pm On May 12, 2012
Zenakoboko:

Source:
http://lindaikeji..com/2012/05/nigerian-woman-kate-anolue-is-new-mayor.html#more

Nice one!

Duh...mayor of London borough of enfield? Olodo

What's even special about being appointed a bloody local government councilor, it's like getting a new job at sainsbury's.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by lifestyle1(m): 3:26pm On May 12, 2012
Good!
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by werepeLeri: 3:27pm On May 12, 2012
denzel2009:

Duh...mayor of London borough of enfield? Olodo

What's even special about being appointed a bloody local government councilor, it's like getting a new job at sainsbury's.

LOL - u mean a Mayor in a London Borough is the same as a Local Government councilor? LOL. You must be a primary school student.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 12, 2012
Anything Nigerian showcased in london must be viewed with Alamiesiyaga spectacles. cool
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by eddytony(m): 3:31pm On May 12, 2012
Congratulations
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Brixtonyute(m): 3:32pm On May 12, 2012
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Nigerians and celebrating non-achievements.. Mayor of Enfield grin grin grin grin grin

What's there to celebrate??

Just pray the EDL boys at Enfield town don't smash her face in... Smh..

Why can't you guys put the Mayor of Ikeja on front page?? Ikeja is 5 times bigger than Enfield..

I smell low self-esteem, and inferiority complex...

Fela Kuti - Colonial mentality

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 12, 2012
achi4u: daz igbo spirit.
congrat brother
Are you kidding me ? When did you start addressing a lady as brother ?
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by pitoski(m): 3:33pm On May 12, 2012
am proud to be a nigerian. we are not exactly the outside world sees us. We need many more of this achievement especially now that nigeria is tense.
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 3:34pm On May 12, 2012
Brixtonyute: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Nigerians and celebrating non-achievements.. Mayor of Enfield grin grin grin grin grin

What's there to celebrate??

Just pray the EDL boys at Enfield town don't smash her face in... Smh..

Why can't you guys put the Mayor of Ikeja on front page?? Ikeja is 5 times bigger than Enfield..

I smell low self-esteem, and inferiority complex...

Fela Kuti - Colonial mentality

Ikeja is in Nigeria, Enfield is another man's land

there is a difference. Bros this is an achievement

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 12, 2012
whats is this? she-male?
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by babsjnr(m): 3:36pm On May 12, 2012
Is that man or woman
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 3:37pm On May 12, 2012
engineerd: whats is this? she-male?
babsjnr: Is that man or woman

engineerd: whats is this? she-male?

[size=18pt]Woman !!!!![/size]
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 12, 2012
Now we'll see some relatives who didnt give a hoot coming in droves 2 solicit for money and favours.
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Josyrogers(m): 3:39pm On May 12, 2012
Can a yoruba man be a local govt councelor in igboland? Or vice versa? But here you have a foreigner being elected to serve in a foreign land. And you all clap and say ''good, good!''. Hypocrites. Stop your tribalistic tendencies and see how fast you'll progress.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by NEDUIFYY78: 3:41pm On May 12, 2012
Madam mayor congratulation but remember your relations at Nijaoo.
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by babsjnr(m): 3:43pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

[size=18pt]Woman !!!!![/size]
that's uncle kate Lol
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Chinom(m): 3:46pm On May 12, 2012
Congratulations Adanna !!.Another Igbo son is on his way to becoming the first black prime minister.Mr. Umunna,i think his name is. I don't live in UK but we are proud of you guys.
By the way, an Igboman has been both LG chairman and commissioner in Lagos state.So it's not limited to UK alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

300 Nigerian Girls Languish In Libyan Prisons – YAMIDR / Edo Amends Public Holiday, Banks Exempted / Herdsmen Killings: Catholic Church Protests On Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.