Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,323 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London (14926 Views)

Meet The Mayor Of Enfield, UK Patricia Ekechi / Meet Nigeria Born Enfield Mayor / Nigerian Born Councillor Kate Anolue Is The New Mayor Of Enfield London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Brixtonyute(m): 3:46pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

Ikeja is in Nigeria, Enfield is another man's land

there is a difference. Bros this is an achievement

You don't live in the UK, so you won't understand my statement...

How's her being a Mayor going to change the lives of Nigerians, or people of Nigerian origin living in Enfield?

She's just another portfolio carrier, with little or no significance..

I'm yet to see Indians celebrate irrelevant posts like this, despite having more Mayors, and MPs than all the blacks in the in UK combined..

Celebrating this, is just mental slavery and stone age thought process...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 12, 2012
[size=14pt]fu[i]ck[/i]in laughin @all comments [/size]
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by benlay(m): 3:50pm On May 12, 2012
oh..my goodness, I don't know why will still call ourselves Nigerians... so pathetic
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 3:50pm On May 12, 2012
Josyrogers: Can a yoruba man be a local govt councelor in igboland? Or vice versa? But here you have a foreigner being elected to serve in a foreign land. And you all clap and say ''good, good!''. Hypocrites. Stop your tribalistic tendencies and see how fast you'll progress.

Actually go check for facts right, I don't know about Igbos allowing the yorubas but Yorubas have 2 commissioner in Lagos of Igbo origin.

We are progressives and don't care if you are Igbo or not cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Brixtonyute(m): 3:51pm On May 12, 2012
Josyrogers: Can a yoruba man be a local govt councelor in igboland? Or vice versa? But here you have a foreigner being elected to serve in a foreign land. And you all clap and say ''good, good!''. Hypocrites. Stop your tribalistic tendencies and see how fast you'll progress.

Can a Welsh man be an MP in England??

Can a Scottish man be an MP in Norhern Ireland?

Can an English man be an MP in Scotland??

Answer those questions...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Alumnus: 3:52pm On May 12, 2012
A woman (not even a man) is elected in another man's land yet my own countrymen said its their birthright to rule till eternity. I can't even imagine running for house of rep in another state even though am a full blooded Nigerian. The difference is clear. Congrats Madam!
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by achi4u(m): 3:53pm On May 12, 2012
LeoMax: Are you kidding me ? When did you start addressing a lady as brother ?
gringringringrin;Dabeg o i tink say na man ooh!
am soooo happy about her...
she beautfy as well.
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 3:54pm On May 12, 2012
Alumnus: A woman (not even a man) is elected in another man's land yet my own countrymen said its their birthright to rule till eternity. I can't even imagine running for house of rep in another state even though am a full blooded Nigerian. The difference is clear. Congrats Madam!

Yes you can !!!

Where are you getting this Ideas from that your can't
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by ysg4real(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2012
You guys are really crazy! My ribs hurt so much due to laughter. Which one is Uncle Kate grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by eleshin(m): 4:00pm On May 12, 2012
mehn! I no fit laff finish! Bt 2 b candid dat woman luks like a man,uncle kate sey make me lmao.
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Alumnus: 4:01pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

Yes you can !!!

Pls can you give me the name of any house member representing a state that is not his', I don't even mean a state outside his tribe?
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by MrGlobe(m): 4:01pm On May 12, 2012
Igbo people keep repping Nigeria in the diaspora while Bluetooth's people are always in the news for ingesting world cocaine record, child molestation, gay assylum and robbery. You would imagine if we are from the same country. Ha! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by gegee(m): 4:02pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

Yes you can !!!

alhaji for where that one wan happen for this naija ? Wey families sef dey get factions
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 4:07pm On May 12, 2012
Alumnus:

Pls can you give me the name of any house member representing a state that is not his', I don't even mean a state outside his tribe?

Ok I don't know of HOR

but these are the ones I know of

1. Abacha's son an indigene of borno is contesting to win in kano

2. We have 2 commissioners in Lagos who are of Igbo origin

Those are the ones I know for now, I am sure they are more
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 4:08pm On May 12, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Igbo people keep repping Nigeria in the diaspora while Bluetooth's people are always in the news for ingesting world cocaine record, child molestation, gay assylum and robbery. You would imagine if we are from the same country. Ha! grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by babsjnr(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2012
Mr. Globe:
go and suck ya mum most wealthy black people in uk are yoruba. Dis ugly ibo bit*c only earn £50 k per annual

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 4:12pm On May 12, 2012
babsjnr: go and suck ya mum most wealthy black people in uk are yoruba. Dis ugly ibo bit*c only earn £50 k per annual

LOL e don do, Sometime we should just laugh about things like this if not it would go down liek every other threads
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Alumnus: 4:13pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

Ok I don't know of HOR

but these are the ones I know of

1. Abacha's son an indigene of borno is contesting to win in kano

2. We have 2 commissioners in Lagos who are of Igbo origin

Those are the ones I know for now, I am sure they are more

Am sure there is a difference btw being appointed a commissioner and winning an election, as far as the Nigerian state of over 50yrs is concerned, such a thing is still a wish, it has never been recorded.
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Chinom(m): 4:14pm On May 12, 2012
[/size][size=8pt][b][/b]
Mr. Globe:
alj harem: grin grin grin grin grin

GAY ASYLUM ? !! WTF. Hahahaha.....
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by huncky: 4:15pm On May 12, 2012
congratulations please keep d. Flag flying.
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by MrGlobe(m): 4:15pm On May 12, 2012
babsjnr: go and suck ya mum most wealthy black people in uk are yoruba. Dis ugly ibo bit*c only earn £50 k per annual
where is the statistic/report/proof that show that the yerubas are the most wealthy black people in the uk or is it just the usual false alarm? Like dbanj said he has the Number 1 record in the UK charts and like Tinubu got a first class in toronto? #Justsaying angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 4:16pm On May 12, 2012
Alumnus:

Am sure there is a difference btw being appointed a commissioner and winning an election, as far as the Nigerian state of over 50yrs is concerned, such a thing is still a wish, it has never been recorded.

Winning the election would still take time as we are less than 60 years in age.

Lets start from appointment, then gradually we would upgrade smiley
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by aljharem(m): 4:16pm On May 12, 2012
Mr. Globe:

where is the statistic/report/proof that show that the yerubas are the most wealthy black people in the uk or is it just the usual false alarm? Like dbanj said he has the Number 1 record in the UK charts and like Tinubu got a first class in toronto? #Justsaying angry angry angry angry

Mr Globe, e don do jare angry
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 12, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I bet you are as ugly as the things you write. You need to get off eating human flesh and stones buddy, i blame Nairaland for giving simpletons like you access to forums that are clearly above their league....smelly,flesh-eating, booty scratching okoro baboon!
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by NaijaNaWaa: 4:36pm On May 12, 2012
Brixtonyute:

Why can't you guys put the Mayor of Ikeja on front page?? Ikeja is 5 times bigger than Enfield..

I smell low self-esteem, and inferiority complex...

And Nigeria is 10 times the size of England. You're the one suffering from from low self exteem, bro.
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by babsjnr(m): 4:49pm On May 12, 2012
engineerd:

I bet you are as ugly as the things you write. You need to get off eating human flesh and stones buddy, i blame Nairaland for giving simpletons like you access to forums that are clearly above their league....smelly,flesh-eating, booty scratching okoro baboon!
. Animal from d east calling yoruba cannibal Lol fcking ugly sweaty hairy beast , yam tuba leg and cocoanut head. Dirty bastards kidnappers
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 12, 2012
achi4u: daz igbo spirit.
congrat brother
^^^
I won't fault you for seeing her as a brother rather than a sister. She sure look like a man.*No insult intended*
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by faithin9ja: 4:53pm On May 12, 2012
Brixtonyute:

Can a Welsh man be an MP in England??

Can a Scottish man be an MP in Norhern Ireland?

Can an English man be an MP in Scotland??

Answer those questions...

Go and study your current affairs and political history and stop relying on beer palour talk. the UK has had Welsh MP's and even at least one Welsh Prime Minister, we know there have have Scottish Prime Ministers, there are numerous cases of MP & councilors of Scottish extraction in Northern Ireland (bear in mind the NI protestants are of Scottish origin).

We currently have at least 3 MP's of Nigerian origin in the UK including Chuka Umuna whose Dad contested for Governor in Imo state during the IBB debacle (NRC & SDP).

A mayor of Enfield may not be the highest political office in the world, but she has been elected as councilor by the Enfield community and her fellow councilors have decided to elect her Mayor, obviously her origin was not used against.

This forum has pages and pages of comments about kids with Nigerian names committing offences in UK or US, let's have some positive news for a change.

If as you say you live in the UK and you decide not to improve yourself because you are in another man's country, that's your own look out. At least this woman is feeding herself and her family with a resonable job and I bet (if she has kids) that her kids will not be on the pages of newspapers having stabbed one guy!!! (despite not having a father)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by ACM10: 4:54pm On May 12, 2012
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by bandely(m): 5:02pm On May 12, 2012
Alright, congrats!

Next topic please!
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by babsjnr(m): 5:03pm On May 12, 2012
Been Igbo is sucks fcking bunch of desperate losers. Just one call.. I can make 10 Igbo families homeless tonight. Fcking Arrow
Re: Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London by ichommy(m): 5:04pm On May 12, 2012
Congrats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samuel Ajibola, Fayose's Aide, Resigns Over “economic Crisis” / Lagos Embarks On Massive Law Enforcement. / Governors, Traditional Rulers Demand Special Protection For SW's Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.