Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

;; - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ;; (24230 Views)

Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years / Nigerian Illegal Immigrant Admits To Using Murdered Man’s ID In USA For 20 Years / Nigerian Woman Jailed For Using Stolen British Passport To Travel For 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

;; by Nobody: 3:34am On May 15, 2012
This is a sad story going around again about Bimbo Olumuyiwa Oyewole assuming a dead man identity. I am tired of answering question like this at my job about Nigerians. Anytime something bad is done by Nigerian in the U.S or even something bad that happen in Nigeria, I am being peppered with question at my job and I am sick of it.

Read:

Illegal immigrant worked as airport security supervisor for TWENTY years under the ID of a man murdered in 1992
Bimbo Olumuyiwa Oyewole was living as Jerry Thomas for about 20 years
The real Jerry Thomas was reportedly murdered in Queens, New York, in 1992
Oyewole oversaw 30 security officers at Newark Liberty International Airport in his position as a supervisor

By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 17:18 EST, 14 May 2012 | UPDATED: 18:21 EST, 14 May 2012
Comments (3) Share
Authorities say a longtime security supervisor at a New Jersey airport has been arrested on a charge he was using the identity of a New York City man who was murdered 20 years ago.
Illegal immigrant Bimbo Olumuyiwa Oyewole, 54, of Nigeria, was arrested on Monday at his home in Elizabeth.
His co-workers knew him as Jerry Thomas, a man who was murdered in New York City in 1992, the same year Oyewole allegedly assumed his name when he started working at the airport.

It wasn't immediately clear how Thomas' personal information was acquired.

Scroll down for video
Busted: Bimbo Olumuyia Oyelwole, or Jerry Thomas (as he was known at work) was arrested on Monday after an anonymous tip to Port Authority police
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says Oyewole had worked at Newark Liberty International Airport for about 20 years and had passed background checks.
Oyewole allegedly had all the documents he needed, including a birth certificate and a social security card.
He had worked under several contractors at the airport, most recently FJC Security Services.
A message left Monday on Oyewole's home phone was not immediately returned, and the Port Authority said it wasn't sure if he had retained an attorney.
FJC Security, which received an airport contract in 2003, said it conducted a background check on the guard as had New Jersey state police and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
FJC spokesman Michael McKeon said: 'In all cases, he passed the background checks.

'During his time with FJC, he had nothing in his record or his performance to indicate a cause for concern or a reason to question the state police and federal government's background checks.'
NorthJersey.com reported that the suspect supervised over 30 security guards and was allowed access to secure areas.
Authorities told the website that it appears he was using the bogus identity so that he could stay in the U.S.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2144390/Bimbo-Olumuviwa-Ovewole-arrested-Illegal-immigrant-worked-airport-security-supervisor-years-ID-man-murdered-20-years-ago.html#ixzz1utyaUTpb
Re: ;; by koruji(m): 4:01am On May 15, 2012
Yep. This is what Abdul Mutallab, BH and the like brings use Nigerians.

More security related scrutiny which will unearth a lot of unrelated dirt about a lot of people, and many will be deported - I said it here before.

If you think you are a Nigerian, no matter how highly placed, and think you are not being watched more closely than before you fool yourself. It is what happens when the security of serious nations are threatened by crazy MF.

Just wait till the other shoe drops if GEJ doesn't arrest the situation within the next year. Even his entourage will be cherry-picked for him when he needs to travel out West if they allow him at all.

One word is enough for a wise nation and its leader.
Re: ;; by Nobody: 4:18am On May 15, 2012
I have been watched at my job for doing nothing wrong other than being a Nigerian. Imagine that I have been working at the same place for three years and my manager keeps asking me in front of everybody what country I came from. He just ask me this same question just for people to know that I am a Nigerian. The manager has asked this question more than 400 times since I have been working there. Anything I do on the computer is being also watched. Anytime something happens, I have to answer to it. I have to answer to Boko Haram menace all the time too. I have about twelve employess who work in my team at work but they all ask me questions about why Nigeria do this and that. Abdulmutalab saga was a very bad experience for me at work. I have been facing this scrutiny for being a Nigerian for a very long time. Is it a crime or curse being a Nigerian? I can't take it anymore.

1 Like

Re: ;; by tpia5: 4:28am On May 15, 2012
^^if they want to watch then let them watch nah, abi no be them get dem eyes?

people are just intentionally or unintentionally lousy sometimes- just let them do their nonsense but make sure you dont fall into their hands because they'd love to get you in a corner.

if the wahala is too much, try to change jobs, let them carry their load of trouble on their head and find someone else to dump it on.

and just be prayerful mostly- God punish devil.

1 Like

Re: ;; by tpia5: 4:30am On May 15, 2012
Anytime something bad is done by Nigerian in the U.S or even something bad that happen in Nigeria, I am being peppered with question at my job and I am sick of it.

sounds like you're surrounded by illiterates.

oh well, bear with them if possible.

if not, leave them there.

2 Likes

Re: ;; by olapluto(m): 6:08am On May 15, 2012
He has worked for 20 years! I think he deserves some leniency.
Re: ;; by tee200710: 8:19am On May 15, 2012
More security related scrutiny which will unearth a lot of unrelated dirt about a lot of people, and many will be deported - I said it here before.
[img]http://www.keyforex.info/cpu.gif[/img]
Re: ;; by Dede1(m): 12:58pm On May 15, 2012
He has to answer questions about the murdered Jerry Thomas. I believe Bimbo’s most serious trouble lies with the circumstances surrounding the dead man.
Re: ;; by Kakatazz(f): 1:01pm On May 15, 2012
I am so sure that he was given away by his fellow Naija peep.

4 Likes

Re: ;; by DaRapture: 3:22pm On May 15, 2012
Damn, Nigerians. Everywhere you people go, you bring trouble it seems.
Re: ;; by MmuoOkija: 3:45pm On May 15, 2012
DaRapture: Damn, Nigerians. Everywhere you people go, you bring trouble it seems.

Which nigerians?

Call their tribe jor angry
Re: ;; by stagger: 3:47pm On May 15, 2012
DaRapture: Damn, Nigerians. Everywhere you people go, you bring trouble it seems.

f/OOL! Are Nigerians the originators of identity theft? Madmen like you belong to the cave!
Re: ;; by Afam4eva(m): 3:48pm On May 15, 2012
payless: I have been watched at my job for doing nothing wrong other than being a Nigerian. Imagine that I have been working at the same place for three years and my manager keeps asking me in front of everybody what country I came from. He just ask me this same question just for people to know that I am a Nigerian. The manager has asked this question more than 400 times since I have been working there. Anything I do on the computer is being also watched. Anytime something happens, I have to answer to it. I have to answer to Boko Haram menace all the time too. I have about twelve employess who work in my team at work but they all ask me questions about why Nigeria do this and that. Abdulmutalab saga was a very bad experience for me at work. I have been facing this scrutiny for being a Nigerian for a very long time. Is it a crime or curse being a Nigerian? I can't take it anymore.
It can really be frustrating being a Nigerian in a foreign country. I think it's best to keep one's Nationality under wraps unless it's absolutely necessary.
Re: ;; by highland(m): 3:53pm On May 15, 2012
trouble indeed.
Re: ;; by Musiwa49: 3:55pm On May 15, 2012
20 years, what the hell is wrong with people.

The laws are so simple. they have told you what their laws are , they say NO marriage no paper. dont you people want to have children... 20 years without children

unlock your sokoto and do your homework. 9 month after children, 20 years, without children. what wrong with them ke. are you people impotent

she is mix.

if they give me 1,000,000 of them, walahi, half of the population will bear my name. Yoruba will ask you, ta lo fi jo. who did you resemble in the family. 20 years ke...

do you people really need paper to get marry, even the word of God says so. I dont even need paper ,just give me 1,000,000 of them, and they will all bear my name. in this place , you are better off been married than single.

some people may be impotent...

Re: ;; by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 15, 2012
payless: I have been watched at my job for doing nothing wrong other than being a Nigerian. Imagine that I have been working at the same place for three years and my manager keeps asking me in front of everybody what country I came from. He just ask me this same question just for people to know that I am a Nigerian. The manager has asked this question more than 400 times since I have been working there. Anything I do on the computer is being also watched. Anytime something happens, I have to answer to it. I have to answer to Boko Haram menace all the time too. I have about twelve employess who work in my team at work but they all ask me questions about why Nigeria do this and that. Abdulmutalab saga was a very bad experience for me at work. I have been facing this scrutiny for being a Nigerian for a very long time. Is it a crime or curse being a Nigerian? I can't take it anymore.

leave your job or kill yourself!

1 Like

Re: ;; by manny4life(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2012
@OP, no need to feel like that, I've once been in your shoes, however, I handled in a smarter way. If you ask me where do I come from, simply tell your manager "respectfully", you have answered this question numerous times and you do not appreciate such. Seriously, it's ok to answer folks that you don't have to answer none of their questions, if they want, they can research for themselves. The more defensive you are, the more they question and probably "respectfully" attack you, the moment you're bold, and tell them off, they'll quit.
Re: ;; by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 15, 2012
Bimbo Olumuyia Oyelwole sound like Yoruba name or what do you think people?
Re: ;; by omosexy1: 4:04pm On May 15, 2012
Payless i feel your pain. I don't know why many of us would have to indulge in negative things. It is true we are impatient in wanting the good things of life but such impatience should be channelled to positive things. I fear for the future with the crime indices springing up from countries and many have to do with Nigerians. Decent Nigerians may not be allowed to travel, study or reside in certain countries if things don't get better. I am tired of hearing that the Government are supposed to do this or that. It is clear that our Government does not want to do these things. Now the question should be how do we make them do it.

1 Like

Re: ;; by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 15, 2012
Apart from some illitrate africans in school that talk shit
about nigeria,nobody else ever talk bad about nigeria or look at me
somehow cos I'm nigeria, the only little infact its not nothing cos I
Always take it for fun is when this kenya guy start asking me why is
Muslim killing christian in my country or there is this ghana girl in class whenever
We argue about something ,she will start telling me that nigerians re arrogant
and once this african market where the congo guy telling me that nig this or that,most
Of the time I laugh over them all cos I know its all ignorance generalise ppl cos of whatever
Apart from this,I feel so proud letting ppl around me know I'm nigerian infact some even like
me for that alone.

1 Like

Re: ;; by yemmyma: 4:05pm On May 15, 2012
As someone said, the name Bimbo
means an uncomplimentary word for a heavy set woman, but I've also heard it mentioned (as American slang) for a heavyset blonde woman who acts stupid..
actually fits him

Re: ;; by Vergil: 4:07pm On May 15, 2012
Yp! Another nige snitched on him! Deffo! Nige pple are mean o
Re: ;; by uuspace(m): 4:17pm On May 15, 2012
Pay less am suprised that you are complaining about your experience at the office.Its like you do not know your identity as a Nigerian.You are first and foremost an individual,then secondly you are a Nigerian.

You should be able to prove to your employees that, you as an individual is different from the fact that you are a Nigerian.You should be proud that you are Nigerian,every country,society,family has their bad eggs.That your brother is a theif does not make you a thief,that your brother killed someone does not make you a murderer.

Nigerians are one of the most hardworking people in the world,i cant start listing all the positives about Nigeria.

Nigeria is not the only country in the world that bombs go off in,suicide bombing did not start in Nigeria.

If you ask me ,next time you Boss asks you where you are from,you should tell him with full confidence and with pride where you come from.I think why he keeps doing it is course he has found out that you are not proud you are from Nigeria.Enlighten your colleagues,get Nigerian movies,music for them invite them to Nigeria.

Its like it has been a long time you came to Nigeria,try and visit home

thats wat i have to say

4 Likes

Re: ;; by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 15, 2012
Danka7777:

leave your job or kill yourself!
Re: ;; by acidtalk: 4:18pm On May 15, 2012
It is so sad and annoying to find ones self in a situation like @payless, where you are being condemned and humiliated for the sins of the seVeral bad eggs carrying the Green Passport.

If Dora's Rebranding Nigerian Thingy wasn't just an avenue to siphon money off her ministery and enrich one or two associates, that would have been a good platform to start sentitiazation of Nigerian Citizens at home which would later have reflected to the fellow country men residing outside the shores of this country.

Greed, Poverty and Illiteracy are Nigerians major problem both within and outside the shores of this country.

I have travelled far and wide and one thing keeps surfacing, Nigerians are always being discriminated once they carry that green paper or are identified to own one.

I have had course to have serious arguments with officers and citizens of Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Egypt, Holland, United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, US, Spain and even worse of all, those smelling myopic Chineses, Taiwan and Korea pri*cks.

It is.
Re: ;; by Piyke: 4:21pm On May 15, 2012
Well whites also do similar things joor. I remember here in the UK one white guy that lived with his dead fathers body claiming the man's pension until it was discovered. can't remember the duration sha but it happened this year.

So Nigerians are not the only bad people abeg
Re: ;; by phreakabit(m): 4:25pm On May 15, 2012
I know it had to be them. . . This is all "they" ever do . . . Bring shame to the nation. Anyway thank GOD I am from the "other side". grin wink

4 Likes

Re: ;; by lepasharon(f): 4:31pm On May 15, 2012
nigeria we hail thee
Re: ;; by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 15, 2012
well it just helps us remember the devastation we face as Nigerians, man had to hold that job for the greens and now its too late and too sad. I think mass suicide won't even catch the attention of our leaders, Musiwa is ranting about some lady.... embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges / Residents Filmed Scooping Fuel From A Fallen Tanker In Lagos / Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.