Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (226310 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 25, 2013
^Removed and Jailed. . . Thanks for reporting and not replying.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Garrithe1st: 11:54pm On May 25, 2013
Can someone please put a leash on this rabid entity??

fidelix:

ur father
Re: Enugu Airport: Before And After GEJ by fidelix: 8:35pm

Garri the 1st: Maybe the posted pics didn't do enough justice to the subject matter, but what I see is an upgrade from F9 to E8...

ur father

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Re: Enugu Airport:
[/quote]

https://www.nairaland.com/1302587/enugu-airport-before-after-gej/1
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 11:58pm On May 25, 2013
Garri the 1st: Can someone please put a leash on this rabid entity??

Re: Enugu Airport: Before And After GEJ by fidelix: 8:35pm

Garri the 1st: Maybe the posted pics didn't do enough justice to the subject matter, but what I see is an upgrade from F9 to E8...

ur father

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Re: Enugu Airport:

https://www.nairaland.com/1302587/enugu-airport-before-after-gej/1
Sorted! He has been banned.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Inik(m): 12:12am On May 26, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Garrithe1st: 12:44am On May 26, 2013
@Afam and Co.

Thanks.

Your efforts are highly appreciated.

PEACE!!!

cool
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 12:46am On May 26, 2013
Inik: Mods pls clean up this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1302727/rising-international-profile-lagos-pics/1
Thanks for reporting. Justice has been served.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by cfours: 3:39am On May 26, 2013
I think moderators (nairaland policemen) are abusing their power. This is a serious complaint.Seun needs to look seriously into this because this will sooner or later become a big problem on NL. I know seun is trying to solve a problem but he maybe unknowingly creating an even bigger problem
I wonder how long it will take for my post to be deleted/hidden.

you can see some of the mindset in the kind of metaphors they use to describe their work.

sexkillz: ^Removed and Jailed. .

jailed here being a metaphor for 'banned'
nothing wrong with that but the atmosphere being created on this site is becoming oppressive. no one is free to air their views anymore. anything is now considered an insult based on moderators' interpretations (or whether they have a personal agenda against you)
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Inik(m): 2:33pm On May 26, 2013
Mods can you please push this to the front page? https://www.nairaland.com/1303244/what-benefit-watching-big-brother (what do you benefit from watching the big brother africa show?)
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by olaadegoke(m): 5:04pm On May 26, 2013
MOD kindly push this interesting topic to homepage

https://www.nairaland.com/1303391/mi5-tried-recruit-woolwich-attack
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 5:25pm On May 26, 2013
Garri the 1st: @Afam and Co.

Thanks.

Your efforts are highly appreciated.

PEACE!!!

cool

be very sure he has been banned before rejoicing. In my own case, i reported, Afam told me the culprit has been dealt with.

Afam4eva:
DONE

however Okoro125 was still posting while me the "reportee" was in the dungeon. Go to ur harasser's profile and be double sure.Just a friendly advise from Demdem.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2013
Demdem:
however Okoro125 was still posting while me the "reportee" was in the dungeon. Go to ur harasser's profile and be double sure.Just a friendly advise from Demdem.
DONE is not the same thing as Banned. As mods we have a choice to either hide a post or hide and ban the user.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by eggheaders(m): 5:34pm On May 26, 2013
demdem stop reporting anyone to sexkillz and Afam again they won't do anything about it. report your abuse to Oga oam4j.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 5:34pm On May 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
DONE is not the same thing as Banned. As mods we have a choice to either hide a post or hide and ban the user.

okoro insulted me by calling me a a deranged loser turned terrorist. i reported and u deem it fit not to ban him but to hide his post.
However i was banned for days for asking a poster to "shut the ffuck up". denying me the glorious opportunity to express my opinions as regards the retardeens recent failures which has been monumental these past few days. this has really been painful.
Okoro deserves to be banned and i seem to have a strong reason why u decided not to. Its glaringly clear for all to see.
I rest my case here.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 5:35pm On May 26, 2013
eggheaders: demdem stop reporting anyone to sexkillz and Afam again they won't do anything about it. report your abuse to Oga oam4j.

i ought to still be under ban till tomorrow if not for unbiased mods.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 26, 2013
Demdem:

okoro insulted me by calling me a a deranged loser turned terrorist. i reported and u deem it fit not to ban him but to hide his post.
However i was banned for days for asking a poster to "shut the ffuck up". denying me the glorious opportunity to express my opinions as regards the retardeens recent failures which has been monumental these past few days. this has really been painful.
Okoro deserves to be banned and i seem to have a strong reason why u decided not to. Its glaringly clear for all to see.
I rest my case here.

I banned him the day you complained.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2013
sexkillz: I banned him the day you complained.

SMH cry cry shocked shocked.
ok, for how many days?
are u aware that this okoro chap was still posting even a day after the incident with the same moniker? anyway, probably u banned him for hours ( angry angry while i was in the hole for days), Afam deem fit not to ban him at all. he simply hid his posts. excellent.

https://www.nairaland.com/okoro2015/posts
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 5:55pm On May 26, 2013
eggheaders:

welcome back, it's high time admin drop there big ego and tell us to vote our mod in this section that the only way this whole thing can be resolved.

thanks my bro. The most painful for me is not even the fact that Okoro wanst "well banned", but the fact that demdem's comments are no where to be found on retardeen's failed attempt to impose his candidate for NGF at the right time cool
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 26, 2013
Demdem:

SMH cry cry shocked shocked.
ok, for how many days?
are u aware that this okoro chap was still posting even a day after the incident with the same moniker? anyway, probably u banned him for hours ( angry angry while i was in the hole for days), Afam deem fit not to ban him at all. he simply hid his posts. excellent.

3 Days.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 6:10pm On May 26, 2013
sexkillz: 3 Days.

three days right?

Incident happened on the 24th.

okoro posted on the 25th.

Okoro2015:
The two veritable takeaways for GEJ in this exercise are:

1. NGF powers and organisation has been brutally whittled.
2. GEJ now knows exactly where to apply "Loyalty medications"

Either way, its a win win. It wouldn't have mattered more if Jang won narrowly like Amaechi.

he even posted today. How come? or do u mean 3hrs?
i demand an explanation please. i hope ur bosses are taking note of my complaints here oooo
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 26, 2013
I logged into NL on Friday 24th May, tried to post a comment only to discover I was banned by Sexkillz around 10am the previous day for allegedly violating rule 2, and the ban was supposed to expire on 26th May (ie 3days ban). I was shocked. That was my first ban since joining NL.

But for one hidden post, all my posts on that fateful day were faultless. As for the hidden post, I cant recall the exact words in it but definitely nothing to warrant 3days ban.

I have been a member of this forum for about 9months now, with close to 250 topics and over 2,000 posts to my credit, mostly in politics section but also in health. I have written several reports and breaking news exclusive to NL. I have been driven all this while by the excitement of being a member of this great forum. But that excitement has been dampened by this unwarranted ban and needless show of power by Sexkillz.

I have been very careful to play by the rules of this forum because naturally I'm a law abiding individual. I'm not known for raining abuses on others, rather others rain abuses on my ID.

I am at a loss as to the rationale behind appointing someone with no pedigree nor history of significant activity in the politics section as a moderator of politics section. I cannot make any sense of such decision.

Here are some questions for Sexkillz and other moderators. Assuming there was something wrong with the post, for which I was banned, is 3days ban the commensurate punishment? Is hidden post not also a form of punishment? Why was there no prior warning on that particular day or at any time in the past? Why was the ban effected like 2hrs after the hidden post? Was the ban an after-thought?

I have read the NL rules again and again, but no where was it stated that any violation attracts a ban. I would expect that for some violations, hidden post, should be sufficient. While ban for hours or days should be reserved for serious violations or serial offenders. So how did Sexkillz arrive at the 3days ban slammed on Sincere 9gerian? Was it a witch hunt? Or was it an abitrary show of power by a despotic, power drunk and overly excited moderator?

I challenge Sexkillz to reproduce the post for which I was banned for all to see.

And for Seun, just a piece of advice. I perfectly understand the need to check bad behaviour on this forum but that has to be done professionally and with decorum. NL is a great forum but the owner and management should always remember that NL exist because of its members.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 26, 2013
Demdem:

three days right?

Incident happened on the 24th.

okoro posted on the 25th.

he even posted today. How come? or do u mean 3hrs?
i demand an explanation please. i hope ur bosses are taking note of my complaints here oooo
I banned him for 3 days immediately I saw your complain.

He was banned for 3 days.

If I banned him on the 25th for 3 days, how long will the ban last? That's right, till the 28th.

He was banned from the politics section alone, so is free to post on other sections.

Cheers.

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 6:30pm On May 26, 2013
sexkillz: I banned him for 3 days immediately I saw your complain.

He was banned for 3 days.

If I banned him on the 25th for 3 days, how long will the ban last? That's right, till the 28th.

He was banned from the politics section alone, so is free to post on other sections.

Cheers.

ok, explanation is well taken and understood. However i had expected he will be banned that same 24th when i the "reportee" was banned. wont blame u though, all blames to Afam who saw that insult on me and simply hid his posts and let him be.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 6:37pm On May 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I logged into NL on Friday 24th May, tried to post a comment only to discover I was banned by Sexkillz around 10am the previous day for allegedly violating rule 2, and the ban was supposed to expire on 26th May (ie 3days ban). I was shocked. That was my first ban since joining NL.

But for one hidden post, all my posts on that fateful day were faultless. As for the hidden post, I cant recall the exact words in it but definitely nothing to warrant 3days ban.

I have been a member of this forum for about 9months now, with close to 250 topics and over 2,000 posts to my credit, mostly in politics section but also in health. I have written several reports and breaking news exclusive to NL. I have been driven all this while by the excitement of being a member of this great forum. But that excitement has been dampened by this unwarranted ban and needless show of power by Sexkillz.

I have been very careful to play by the rules of this forum because naturally I'm a law abiding individual. I'm not known for raining abuses on others, rather others rain abuses on my ID.

I am at a loss as to the rationale behind appointing someone with no pedigree nor history of significant activity in the politics section as a moderator of politics section. I cannot make any sense of such decision.

Here are some questions for Sexkillz and other moderators. Assuming there was something wrong with the post, for which I was banned, is 3days ban the commensurate punishment? Is hidden post not also a form of punishment? Why was there no prior warning on that particular day or at any time in the past? Why was the ban effected like 2hrs after the hidden post? Was the ban an after-thought?

I have read the NL rules again and again, but no where was it stated that any violation attracts a ban. I would expect that for some violations, hidden post, should be sufficient. While ban for hours or days should be reserved for serious violations or serial offenders. So how did Sexkillz arrive at the 3days ban slammed on Sincere 9gerian? Was it a witch hunt? Or was it an abitrary show of power by a despotic, power drunk and overtly excited moderator?

I challenge Sexkillz to reproduce the post for which I was banned for all to see.

And for Seun, just a piece of advice. I perfectly understand the need to check bad behaviour on this forum but that has to be done professionally and with decorum. NL is a great forum but the owner and management should always remember that it exist because of its members.

I replied you on the matter already here: https://www.nairaland.com/1302562/nairaland-politics-section-been-taken#15915477

OAM4J:

I didnt know about your ban till now, maybe you deserve it, maybe not, its already over. You could have send us a PM during the ban if you felt it was undeserved, sometimes we make error of judgments, we are human.

I dont know you to insult people, even when your opponents charge against you, please dont start now, the bold is uncalled for.

Sorry about your ban. Please let it go.

Pls let it go.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 26, 2013
Demdem:

ok, explanation is well taken and understood. However i had expected he will be banned that same 24th when i the "reportee" was banned. wont blame u though, all blames to Afam who saw that insult on me and simply hid his posts and let him be.
On the 24th, you complained. I saw that Afam took care of it and didn't investigate further. On the 25th, you complained to Afam that Okoro215 was still posting, so I checked this time around, and banned.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 6:40pm On May 26, 2013
sexkillz: On the 24th, you complained. I saw that Afam took care of it and didn't investigate further. On the 25th, you complained to Afam that Okoro215 was still posting, so I checked this time around, and banned.

i am quite sure that if Demdem was the culprit, he would have done what is expected immediately. Anyway, let it go please. Demdem is back and better.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by gramci: 7:15pm On May 26, 2013
@moderators, please refer to rule 19 of NL and act accordingly.

19. Don't create a new account when banned for breaking a rule. If you do, make sure we don't find out.

https://www.nairaland.com/automaticcarzz
https://www.nairaland.com/automaticcarz
https://www.nairaland.com/automaticcars
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 26, 2013
OAM4J:

I replied you on the matter already here: https://www.nairaland.com/1302562/nairaland-politics-section-been-taken#15915477

Pls let it go.
I appreciate your intervention

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.