Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) (23542 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / I Will Boost Nigeria’s International Profile When I Buy Arsenal - Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Abagworo(m): 10:18pm On May 25, 2013
asorocker: Can somebody post the real pictures of Bariga, Shomolu, Ojota, Ketu, Alausa, Ajegunle, Ajah, Mushin , Ladipo, Oshodi , Mafoluku,Mile2 for the world to see.

Can't we showcase the beauty of our country and lure tourists and investors? Let us all find more nice pictures and add. This one is Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Rossikk(m): 10:18pm On May 25, 2013
Abagworo:

I agree with you 100%. Its more like uncontrolled urbanization than actual development. There's so much wealth in the city but not much edifice that reflects it. Even the thousand and one oil companies have no high rise offices. They rather use containers and makeshift offices.

Look, all we need is long term stability in that region, and a reasonably accountable state govt in charge, for companies to develop the confidence to invest in proper office buildings and high rises in PH. It will happen in time, surely.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by TheBookWorm: 10:19pm On May 25, 2013
Desola: *rolling eyes*

The more western you look is the determining factor of you success or rising profile. Oshisko!

All I see is falseness

I think you believe that being Modern is synonymous with being Western.

The words are often used interchangeably, but they are not the same. Development in Lagos can have African characteristics, just like development in Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong and Singapore had Asian characteristics.

Africans are becoming urbanized, just like the rest of the world.

3 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Rossikk(m): 10:20pm On May 25, 2013
TheBookWorm:

I think you believe that being Modern is synonymous with being Western.

The words are often used interchangeably, but they are not the same. Development in Lagos can have African characteristics, just like development in Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong and Singapore had Asian characteristics.

Africans are becoming urbanized, just like the rest of the world.

You get time my brotha..
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 25, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Grants 49 Yoruba Agitators N300k Bail Each / NNPC Discovers Oil In Nasarawa / 2019: Plot To Stop Buhari In Court Uncovered - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.