Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,593 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:03 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (229555 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
Yes, the thread was meant to foster unity but there's no law that says everyone must agree with the OP. Despite the fact that the post in question , was in bad taste, it was the personal opinion of the poster. if we are to hide his post citing derailment then a lot other post will also be hidden because half os the posters on the thread were averse to the OP's assertion. And about tribalizing the thread, he didn't insult any tribe or derail a non-tribal thread with tribal tantrums. He did that on another post on that thread and i banned him for but not for this particular post. maybe another MOD would have read his post differently but i didn't see a good reason why i should hide the comment.

Going by your assertion as I highlighted, no comment should be hidden here because it's someone's opinion. But the rule must be applied. I wonder what this forum will look like if everyone goes about expressing personal opinion without instrument of sanction designed to bring about decorum. Afam, I know that you are afraid of taking decision that will put you in conflict with OAM4J cos he has succeeded in intimidating you guys. That's why you want another mod to confirm what is obvious. A comment you described as bad taste. Can't you just grow balls and do your job?

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ngwakwe: 9:12pm On Jun 16, 2013
@Onodu ugo adiro egbe mma

I dey hear you, speak on
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
ACM10:

Going by your assertion as I highlighted, no comment should be hidden here because it's someone's opinion. But the rule must be applied. I wonder what this forum will look like if everyone goes about expressing personal opinion without instrument of sanction designed to bring about decorum. Afam, I know that you are afraid of taking decision that will put you in conflict with OAM4J cos he has succeeded in intimidating you guys. That's why you want another mod to confirm what is obvious. A comment you described as bad taste. Can't you just grow balls and do your job?
We don't infringe on people's personal opinions as long as it's in consonance with the laid out rules.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2013
ACM10:

Ordinarily I wouldn't have bothered responding to you but for others reading.

So because Afam didn't agree with you and did what you want means he is being intimidated? How is it possible for a mod to intimidate another mod when he doesn't have the power of admin?

Point is, the post you reported is on topic, he gave his opinion why what the OP was advocating for will not work, you, I and many others might disagree with with him but he is entitled to his opinion as long as his opinion does not break any rule.

He made other posts which were found to be against the rules on the same thread and necessary actions were taken.

If you think we don't know our job, I will advice you to write admin; perhaps he will engage you to come and train the moderators.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
^^

Fair that the poster was punished for another unrelated offence. But I still insist that his comment below yours deserves to be deleted
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
ACM10: ^^

Fair that the poster was punished for another unrelated offence. But I still insist that his comment below yours deserves to be deleted

Stop whining...the Mods have partly obliged to your request....why pushing your luck further unnecessarily?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Katsumoto: 11:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop whining...the Mods have partly obliged to your request....why pushing your luck further unnecessarily?

grin grin grin grin

Eyon mi. Some folks are so idle they whine like little gals. Imagine complaining about an opinion that breaks no rules and then trying to use immature psychology on a mod to get their way. grin grin grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 11:36pm On Jun 16, 2013
^

Are you begging for my attention? Hope you wont complain when I start. Why not play with your fellow bigots? Oh! You are playing with one already.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by remarkD(m): 1:53am On Jun 17, 2013
Kind sir, please clarify this for me (and everyone else interested) just so we are all clear about the rules and how they are being applied:

- by hiding a post made in 2012 because it violates a rule (of forbidden terms used for ethnic groups) made in 2013, [b][/b]should we take it that the rules of NL can be retroactively applied?

- Since you hid that comment, was the poster banned as well? that is, should i expect a ban anytime if a thread i posted on in 2009 violates, say, one of the new rules created this 2013? ... and it happens that someone just so happened to bump the thread...

I hope you can clarify this for us so we all know how to proceed and what to expect from you.

Thank you.

-Remark D.

OAM4J:

The post is now hidden. Thanks for reporting.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by AbdH: 9:59am On Jun 17, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 10:08am On Jun 17, 2013
AbdH: Mods please do justice, thanks a million.
https://www.nairaland.com/1326972/borno-boko-haram-attacks-four#16287650
Treated.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by unlessgod: 10:35am On Jun 17, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 17, 2013
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin

Eyon mi. Some folks are so idle they whine like little gals. Imagine complaining about an opinion that breaks no rules and then trying to use immature psychology on a mod to get their way. grin grin grin

Obviously he wanted to bamboozle and blackmail the two Mods from opposite angles...but they both quickly saw to his shenanigan and effectively shut him down.

grin grin grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2013
ilugunboy:

Obviously he wanted to bamboozle and blackmail the two Mods from opposite angles...but they both quickly saw to his shenanigan and effectively shut him down.

grin grin grin

I tire oh. He has been whinging since yesterday, he slept on this thread and woke up this morning to start the same nauseating noise making. SMH.

Intelligent responses proffered by Afam (I am shocked that he can be intelligent sometimes grin) and OAM4J.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by naptu2: 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
Mods please investigate, I suspect that the anti-spam bot has banned Johnie and hidden his post on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1324191/obamas-trip-africa-comes-hefty/3

Thank you.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by AbdH: 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
Treated.
Thanks
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by gbanikiti(m): 12:32am On Jun 18, 2013
OAM4J, please front page things. Can't stop laughing at the stewpidity of some Nigerian ministers. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1328236/nigerians-seek-governments-approval-before#16304862

and another sad news:

https://www.nairaland.com/1328241/baby-stolen-imo-state-maternity
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by remarkD(m): 2:05am On Jun 18, 2013
its getting around 24 hours since i requested an aswer.... dunno if you pretending not to see it or not; but just so you know, i am expecting a reply/answer - it is not a rhetorical question just in case thats where your mind was leading you...

and while you're at it...what was wrong with my post (and view) of Tinubu's flee from Dubai that the comment had to be hidden?

its really difficult understanding or trying to follow people that are all over the place in their actions/decision-making...

remark D: Kind sir, please clarify this for me (and everyone else interested) just so we are all clear about the rules and how they are being applied:

- by hiding a post made in 2012 because it violates a rule (of forbidden terms used for ethnic groups) made in 2013, [b][/b]should we take it that the rules of NL can be retroactively applied?

- Since you hid that comment, was the poster banned as well? that is, should i expect a ban anytime if a thread i posted on in 2009 violates, say, one of the new rules created this 2013? ... and it happens that someone just so happened to bump the thread...

I hope you can clarify this for us so we all know how to proceed and what to expect from you.

Thank you.

-Remark D.

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by EkoIle1: 4:22am On Jun 18, 2013
Please I need this Adejoro74: poster restrained from derailing this thread and please delete all his irrelevant pictures. Thanks..

https://www.nairaland.com/1328283/akpabios-schools..pics#16305780
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by EkoIle1: 4:35am On Jun 18, 2013
No mod on duty?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by remarkD(m): 6:17am On Jun 18, 2013
Mods. can you please consider /recommend this link for front page? (Admins. with the power to do so, request is also of thee...)

https://www.nairaland.com/1328283/akpabios-schools..pics

I am of the hope that such news/links will induce a shock-therapy reaction that can or will lead to change. What you think? (That is, after an outcry of the people... maybe, just maybe, those in power and weild the ability to effect tangible changes willsee that half of their flight tickets to their international parties or owambe can be used to erect a good structured school... doesn't matter if na nursery, primary of secondary... they can do something! with very small fractions of the money at their disposal... and maybe even steal or chop and clean mouth that the masses might not know or bother... "After all," they'd say... "he built us a solid educational institution.... y'all recall why Ibori's village men blocked the road to the man's house before he fled via the waters of Cameroun abi na where be that sef?
In btw: @Gbanikiti: just quoted ya because, for some weird reason, the <Reply> link aint working pour moi...
and also because I like you, honeybuns wink
gbanikiti: OAM4J, please front page things. Can't stop laughing at the stewpidity of some Nigerian ministers. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1328236/nigerians-seek-governments-approval-before#16304862

and another sad news:

https://www.nairaland.com/1328241/baby-stolen-imo-state-maternity
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:43am On Jun 18, 2013
Seun, your new set of moderators here are useless. They just keep hiding posts for no particular reason except they don't like them. You might as well get some post hiding bots and save yourself some money. Infact I am sure a bot would do a better job than them because a bot at least follows a guideline.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
Afam, OAM4J, mods

Do your work on this username called "agitator" for using "Yoruba".

If this doesn't deserve a ban, then I don't know what else deserves it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1328283/akpabios-schools..pics/2
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 5:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
sincerenigerian: Afam, OAM4J, mods

Do your work on this username called "agitator" for using "Yoruba".

If this doesn't deserve a ban, then I don't know what else deserves it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1328283/akpabios-schools..pics/2
Treated.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
Attention Moderators,

This is front page material. It deserves to be put on front page. I am new here and my post deserves this honor.

https://www.nairaland.com/1328237/scam-how-alams-jonathan-silva
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 18, 2013
Moderators'

Why is this guy insulting my father? You must ban this guy or else. The username is "barcanista".

https://www.nairaland.com/1328237/how-alamieyeseigha-jonathan-silva-looted/2
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
@moderators, the headline of the thread below that just made front page is misleading. NOTHING in the report indicts GEJ so I dont know why his name is on the headline?
https://www.nairaland.com/1328237/alamieyeseigha-jonathan-silva-looted-bayelsa

Cross check and effect the necessary correction if it was an act of omission. Thank you.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @moderators, the headline of the thread below that just made front page is misleading. NOTHING in the report indicts GEJ so I dont know why his name is on the headline?
https://www.nairaland.com/1328237/alamieyeseigha-jonathan-silva-looted-bayelsa

Cross check and effect the necessary correction if it was an act of omission. Thank you.

Of course it shows Jonathan's name numerous times. Why are you so desperate to defend indefensible?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
Mods, could you please caution the OP to stop making false topic headliners. The link below is an example of such. Many thanks for the needed correction undertaken in advance.

https://www.nairaland.com/1329116/south-west-leaders-endorse-jonathan-second/1

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
Moderators'

Why the insult by Billyonaire? I expect you to deal with it or I act.

https://www.nairaland.com/1328237/exclusive-how-alamieyeseigha-jonathan-silva/2

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.