Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,872 members, 7,956,291 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:13 AM

What Is Africa Without The Horn? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Is Africa Without The Horn? (24052 Views)

Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? / Have You Ever Seen Any Horners Half Mixed? (horn Of Africa) / Africa Without Slavery And Colonization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 9:26am On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: their are 11 languages that are the national language of south africa....as for somali women in south africa who have nigerian pimps...looooooooooool...you should know better....somalis are xenophobic...being with a non somali is seen as forbidden and people will look down on u...if i see a somali with non somali...i assume shes either from a very small clan that is looked down or either a hooee....so if non somalis get any somali women...its the lowest of the low...but for 99.9 percent of somalis...they adhrere to somali culture which is xenophobic...besides if a somali is gonna be with a non somali...would they really choose to be with a nigerian who looks like isnt done with his evolution...lmao

English only spoken by only maybe 4% has a home language but it is the language of business, government, and politics has all can under stand it. Afrikanse is spoken by the Boer and most coloreds. The other 9 are the different tribal languages.

Hey has I said you no nothing of africa if all you can do for a living his sell your body that's what you do.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 9:26am On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: their are 11 languages that are the national language of south africa....as for somali women in south africa who have nigerian pimps...looooooooooool...you should know better....somalis are xenophobic...being with a non somali is seen as forbidden and people will look down on u...if i see a somali with non somali...i assume shes either from a very small clan that is looked down or either a hooee....so if non somalis get any somali women...its the lowest of the low...but for 99.9 percent of somalis...they adhrere to somali culture which is xenophobic...besides if a somali is gonna be with a non somali...would they really choose to be with a nigerian who looks like isnt done with his evolution...lmao

English only spoken by only maybe 4% has a home language but it is the language of business, government, and politics has all can under stand it. Afrikanse is spoken by the Boer and most coloreds. The other 9 are the different tribal languages.

Hey has I said you no nothing of africa if all you can do for a living his sell your body that's what you do.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by Nobody: 9:28am On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: the only thing saving africa is somalia/ethiopia. were it not for us being on the continent. what would be left would be wide nosed, short, nappy headed, masculary over developed africans who have an inferiority complex to whites for enslaving them.

You fail to mention that the 1000-mile border between these two countries has fueled a virtually insatiable appetite for war over the past 60 years.

I ask because what your opening post really conveys, over and above everything else, is a deep-seated fear of the black man (negrophobia) tongue
Would I be wrong to say spending 19 years in close proximity with "black folk" (I know you don't see yourself as one), and refusing remedial treatment at every turn, has only made this condition more acute? cheesy

A look back at the troubled relations between Ethiopia and Somalia - made worse in recent years by Ethiopia's deep distrust of Somalia's Islamist groups.
19 May 2009
Somali eye-witnesses report that Ethiopia troops are digging into positions near the border, following advances by Islamist fighters. Ethiopia denies the claims.
15 January 2009
Last Ethiopian troops leave Mogadishu.
28 November 2008
Ethiopia announces that its troops will leave by the end of the year.
21 November 2008
Ethiopian troops supposed to start pull-out under peace deal but no sign of withdrawal in Mogadishu. At least 15 people killed in Islamist attack on the capital.
15 November 2008
President Abdullahi Yusuf admits that his Ethiopian-backed government only controls parts of Mogadishu and Baidoa.
26 October 2008
Government and moderate Islamists promise to implement a ceasefire and say Ethiopian troops will start to leave.
2007-2008
Islamists stage frequent attacks on Ethiopian and government forces. Hardliners refuse to take part in peace talks unless Ethiopians agree to leave Somalia.
1 January 2007
Somali government troops, supported by Ethiopian troops, seize the southern port of Kismayo - the last remaining stronghold of the UIC
28 December 2006
Ethiopian-backed government forces capture the capital, Mogadishu, hours after Islamist fighters flee the city.
27 December
Ethiopian and Somali government troops take control of Jowhar, a strategic town previously held by the Islamists.
26 December
Forces loyal to the transitional government are reported to have taken control of the town of Burhakaba from the UIC. Other areas of southern and central Somalia are also said to have fallen under heavy assault from Somali and Ethiopian troops. Retreating Islamist militias are attacked by Ethiopian jets for a third day.
25 December
Ethiopian aircraft bomb Mogadishu airport.
24 December
Ethiopia for the first time admits its forces are fighting in Somalia, saying it has launched a "self-defensive" operation against Islamist militiamen. Fighting spreads across a 400km front along the border.
12 December
Islamic courts give Ethiopian troops one week to leave Somalia or face a "major attack".
8 December
Islamic courts say they have engaged in battle with Ethiopian troops for the first time - south-west of Baidoa.
30 November
Ethiopia's parliament passes a resolution authorising the government to take all legal and necessary steps against what it terms as any invasion by the UIC.
28 November
Eyewitnesses say Islamist fighters ambushed an Ethiopian convoy near Baidoa, blowing up a truck. The UIC claim some 20 Ethiopians died.
27 November
The Islamic courts say Ethiopian forces shelled the northern town of Bandiradley and it ambushed an Ethiopian convoy near Baidoa
25 October
Ethiopian Prime Minster Meles Zenawi says Ethiopia is "technically at war" with the UIC.
18 September 2006
Somalia's interim President Abdullahi Yusuf survives an assassination attempt.
21 July
The Islamic court leadership orders a "holy war" against Ethiopians in Somalia.
20 July
A column of Ethiopian trucks, more than 100-strong and including armoured cars, are seen crossing into Somalia. Ethiopia only admits to having military trainers in the country helping the interim government.
June 2006
The Islamic courts take control of the Somalia capital, Mogadishu, from rival warlords and go on to gain territory in much of southern territory.
Long-time Ethiopian ally and warlord, Abdullahi Yusuf becomes Somalia's interim president making Baidoa his base.
Ethiopian forces defeat Islamist fighters in the Somali town of Luuq.
Somalia descends into civil war between rival clan warlords.
Peace accord signed.
1964 and 1977
Two wars fought over Ethiopia's Somali-inhabited Ogaden region
Source
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 9:29am On May 20, 2012
uhm...you are a very disturbed people...are you trying to get me to tell you that i love africa...lol...

i know alot of african americans and west africans who have this perception that somalis are not pro african...so they call us arab inorder to get us to say proafrican things...thats pretty sad...

like i said...i am muslim first...second i am somali...anything after that i dont really care...You can be proud of being african...i am proud of being somali...SOMALIA FOR LIFE...SCREW AFRICA..i will not claim anything other than my country and my religion...stupid afrocentric
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 9:34am On May 20, 2012
Actually Somalia and ethiopia have alot in common. The only reason for the rivalry is because a tiny minority control ethiopia...those people are hostile...if the oromo who are the cousin of somalis controlled somalia...than everything would be ok...despite this deep tensions between somalis and ethiopians...we both agree that we are good looking people...and we both agreee that bantus are inferior...we both have derogotary words for bantus...so i guess we have more in common than we thing.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 9:56am On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: uhm...you are a very disturbed people...are you trying to get me to tell you that i love africa...lol...

i know alot of african americans and west africans who have this perception that somalis are not pro african...so they call us arab inorder to get us to say proafrican things...thats pretty sad...

like i said...i am muslim first...second i am somali...anything after that i dont really care...You can be proud of being african...i am proud of being somali...SOMALIA FOR LIFE...SCREW AFRICA..i will not claim anything other than my country and my religion...stupid afrocentric

Don't fool your self. Most Africans would prefer it if somalia was a island in the indian ocean. The got flooded.

1 Like

Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 10:00am On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: Actually Somalia and ethiopia have alot in common. The only reason for the rivalry is because a tiny minority control ethiopia...those people are hostile...if the oromo who are the cousin of somalis controlled somalia...than everything would be ok...despite this deep tensions between somalis and ethiopians...we both agree that we are good looking people...and we both agreee that bantus are inferior...we both have derogotary words for bantus...so i guess we have more in common than we thing.

You think you pretty to your self's. I personally don't like skin and bone.

If guys are so great why are the inferior Bantu surpassing you in every way.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 10:01am On May 20, 2012
andrewza:

Don't fool your self. Most Africans would prefer it if somalia was a island in the indian ocean. The got flooded.

well judging by all the threads created by bantus asking about our features...and the fact that somalia is always mentioned in the context of beuty...I doubt the highlited statement is true...i remember a few months ago...a japanese scientist said Africans were voted the least attractive people because of their features and hair...than all the comments(all by african and african american) said that not all africans have nappy hair and big nose and lips...they kept using somalia and ethiopia as examples of why black was beutiful...lol...

i wanted to spoil their day by telling them what somalis use to describe bantus...but i felt bad...so i let them use my people's beuty to mask their ugliness in attempt to raise the standards of african beuty...after all...i pick blacks over whites if it means i dont have to interact with them or mingle with them.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 10:18am On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: [/b]

well judging by all the threads created by bantus asking about our features...and the fact that somalia is always mentioned in the context of beuty...I doubt the highlited statement is true...i remember a few months ago...a japanese scientist said Africans were voted the least attractive people because of their features and hair...than all the comments(all by african and african american) said that not all africans have nappy hair and big nose and lips...they kept using somalia and ethiopia as examples of why black was beutiful...lol...

i wanted to spoil their day by telling them what somalis use to describe bantus...but i felt bad...so i let them use my people's beuty to mask their ugliness in attempt to raise the standards of african beuty...after all...i pick blacks over whites if it means i dont have to interact with them or mingle with them.

A lion is majestic and wonderful. Dose not mean I want one has a pet.

There is nothing more beautiful than a exploding star dose not mean I want to be near it when it happens.

Somalia may have nice chicks. Doese not mean I care about you. And your men sound like school girls and dress like gays. So only half of you are any good.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 10:18am On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: [/b]

A lion is majestic and wonderful. Dose not mean I want one has a pet.

There is nothing more beautiful than a exploding star dose not mean I want to be near it when it happens.

Somalia may have nice chicks. Doese not mean I care about you. And your men sound like school girls and dress like gays. So only half of you are any good.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by Nobody: 11:01am On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: uhm...you are a very disturbed people...are you trying to get me to tell you that i love africa...lol...

It would be uncharitable to count the fingers of a man who has only nine in his presence, so I have chosen to locate your incivility in the broader context of arrested development. You see, I understand the peculiar Somali dilemma, which results from being torn asunder by rival partitioners - Great Britain, France, Italy and Ethiopia - and, as such, feel duty-bound not to wage 'assymetrical' e-warfare on your emaciated and troubled soul.

If it is at all possible to set your juvenile rants aside, it would be interesting to know what your personal take is on Mohamed Obsiye's appraisal of the problems which have hitherto railed against the cause of ‘Greater-Somalism' (see link to article provided below).
I sense you are one of those who operate in the mistaken belief that Somali is an ethnicity as opposed to what it truly is - a Nationality, riven by forces of ethnic pluralism just like any other.

The dependency on foreign aid continues to-date with all the fifteen plus peace conferences Somalis have seen since the collapse of the central government in 1991 were all funded by donor nations. The argument that the frantic search for reestablishing the central government in Somalia is, according to this view, simply because there is the illusion of foreign aid bonanza of the Cold War magnitude will resume once more (Menkhaus, 1997). But many observers begin to understand now that the Somali homogeneity, if not a problem in itself, failed as a unifying force. The Somali irredentist idea was too ambitious while the norms and values of modern state were still alien to the Somalis who are unable to curb in their ‘Somaliness’ sentiments. Somalis are not psychologically prepared to be united for the sake of it. Nor are they willing. The blind search for a one-nation-state for Somali speaking people in the Horn will surely only prolong their suffering.
A Brief History of the ‘Somali’ Union: What is the Way Forward
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:25am On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: Am somali...thats the u.n. flag...i live in usa...havent seen that flag....that flag is in kenya...not in somalia....

^^^You're Somali. Nice one wink.

You've expressed your disdain for negroid features, which is fair enough as you're entitled to your opinion even if it's a subjective one (beauty is in the eyes of the beholder remember smiley?). I equally can't stand the Somali/Ethiopian look (reminds me of AIDS patients and sissified/weak looking dudes), but i don't hold that against you guys and it don't give me sleepless nights to the point of starting a thread on a Somali/Ethiopian themed social media website.

The fact you took time out of your obviously busy life to register your membership and make/answer posts on a website belonging to a people you dispise says more about your insecure sorry self than anything else if i'm to be totally blunt with you.

But lets not dwell on subjective drivel like looks. Just keep to your own kind and we'll keep to our own, and we'll all be happy smiley. More to the point though would be what your country Somalia has contributed to African progress, peace and development. We could even limit the question to its contributions to just the Arab world since you hate Africa so much.

This would be a better question: what is Somalias contribution to the Africa/Arab world in the past 5 decades. I'm afraid that unlike my contry Nigeria, we could write your countrys 'positive' contributions on the back of a postage stamp, and still have space to spare shocked. Yep!!! It's that bad mate sad. A more compelling excercise would be detailing the negative influence your Godforsaken country has had on the world, and if there's a strong case for nuking the lot of you off the face of the earth to put you dirty scum out of your misery.

Ciao wink.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 11:58am On May 20, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^You're Somali. Nice one wink.

You've expressed your disdain for negroid features, which is fair enough as you're entitled to your opinion even if it's a subjective one (beauty is in the eyes of the beholder remember smiley?). I equally can't stand the Somali/Ethiopian look (reminds me of AIDS patients and sissified/weak looking dudes), but i don't hold that against you guys and it don't give me sleepless nights to the point of starting a thread on a Somali/Ethiopian themed social media website.

The fact you took time out of your obviously busy life to register your membership and make/answer posts on a website belonging to a people you dispise says more about your insecure sorry self than anything else if i'm to be totally blunt with you.

But lets not dwell on subjective drivel like looks. Just keep to your own kind and we'll keep to our own, and we'll all be happy smiley. More to the point though would be what your country Somalia has contributed to African progress, peace and development. We could even limit the question to its contributions to just the Arab world since you hate Africa so much.

This would be a better question: what is Somalias contribution to the Africa/Arab world in the past 5 decades. I'm afraid that unlike my contry Nigeria, we could write your countrys 'positive' contributions on the back of a postage stamp, and still have space to spare shocked. Yep!!! It's that bad mate sad. A more compelling excercise would be detailing the negative influence your Godforsaken country has had on the world, and if there's a strong case for nuking the lot of you off the face of the earth to put you dirty scum out of your misery.

Ciao wink.

Well i guess i have to address a few things... so here goes. first...am at work so am getting paid to do this. lol...second Nigerians talking about aids is laughable considering somalis are monogomous and have the lowest hiv rate in africa like i said without somalia, africa's relationship with non africans would be limited to slavery...somalia is the only country which had extensivie relationship with non africans that didnt end with slavery but instead we benefited from trade with arabs and asians...all the while keeping our beutiful language and customs...

as for what has somalia contributed to the world...lets see...well somalis introduced mhyr and other items to the world...we have the longest coast in africa...we were one of the few countries that helped south africa while it was under apertheid...we were one of the founding member of the organisation of islamic conference...throghout the 70's and 80's we had the second largest military second only to our ally EGYPT. The only homogenous country if africa...one of the only two countries in africa to have a native language as a national language. the only country to have the longest resistance movement against the colonialist...one of the countries not to be enslaved...we have the oldest history...humanity came from our testicals....the only country during colonialism not to be exploited....one of the only people to least likely to assimiliate...the most euterperial people in africa...the first people to domesticate the camel...the somali empire Ajurran was the first to use cannons during war in africa...center of trade during ancient world...the first subsaharan africans to defeat a european nation in a battle..that battle was with the portugese and somali state of ajurran.

so yeah...we really did more than contribute to the world...unlike west africans who only contributed slave labour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 12:01pm On May 20, 2012
SOMALI IS AN ETHNICITY. AND A NATIONALITY...YOUR OFFICIALLY DUMB. IF YOU DONT KNOW THAT SOMALI IS AN ETHNIC GROUP OF PEOPLE...ETHIOPIAN IS A NATIONALITY NOT AN ETHNICITY...SINCE WE ARE ONE PEOPLE, OUR NATION IS NAMED AFTER OUR ETHNICITY WHICH IS SOMALI.

I LOOKED AT YOUR LINK...CAME UP BLANK...PLZ PROVIDE ANOTHER LINK...OR REPHRASE YOUR QUESTION...THANKS

here is a link proving somalis are an ethnic group..lol...still cant believe u didnt know that...somalia is the only country in africa where the ethnicity is named after the country...who is nigeria named after?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somali_people
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 12:23pm On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: SOMALI IS AN ETHNICITY. AND A NATIONALITY...YOUR OFFICIALLY DUMB. IF YOU DONT KNOW THAT SOMALI IS AN ETHNIC GROUP OF PEOPLE...ETHIOPIAN IS A NATIONALITY NOT AN ETHNICITY...SINCE WE ARE ONE PEOPLE, OUR NATION IS NAMED AFTER OUR ETHNICITY WHICH IS SOMALI.

I LOOKED AT YOUR LINK...CAME UP BLANK...PLZ PROVIDE ANOTHER LINK...OR REPHRASE YOUR QUESTION...THANKS

here is a link proving somalis are an ethnic group..lol...still cant believe u didnt know that...somalia is the only country in africa where the ethnicity is named after the country...who is nigeria named after?

You african. My God you are Dumb. Do you really believe Wikpeada. You may not be Bantu but you are African. Are all people from Somalia has stupid has you
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 12:28pm On May 20, 2012
i am african...africa is a continent...somalia is my nationality...somali is my ethnicity...wooow your are dumb...

here are other links...

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Africa/Somalia-ETHNIC-GROUPS.html

http://www.everyculture.com/Sa-Th/Somalia.html
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: i am african...africa is a continent...somalia is my nationality...somali is my ethnicity...wooow your are dumb...

here are other links...

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Africa/Somalia-ETHNIC-GROUPS.html

http://www.everyculture.com/Sa-Th/Somalia.html

Ayanle, you have to cut down on the khat. It's doing a terrible thing to your mind.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:17pm On May 20, 2012
ayanle456:

Well i guess i have to address a few things... so here goes. first...am at work so am getting paid to do this. lol...second Nigerians talking about aids is laughable considering somalis are monogomous and have the lowest hiv rate in africa like i said without somalia, africa's relationship with non africans would be limited to slavery...somalia is the only country which had extensivie relationship with non africans that didnt end with slavery but instead we benefited from trade with arabs and asians...all the while keeping our beutiful language and customs...

as for what has somalia contributed to the world...lets see...well somalis introduced mhyr and other items to the world...we have the longest coast in africa...we were one of the few countries that helped south africa while it was under apertheid...we were one of the founding member of the organisation of islamic conference...throghout the 70's and 80's we had the second largest military second only to our ally EGYPT. The only homogenous country if africa...one of the only two countries in africa to have a native language as a national language. the only country to have the longest resistance movement against the colonialist...one of the countries not to be enslaved...we have the oldest history...humanity came from our testicals....the only country during colonialism not to be exploited....one of the only people to least likely to assimiliate...the most euterperial people in africa...the first people to domesticate the camel...the somali empire Ajurran was the first to use cannons during war in africa...center of trade during ancient world...the first subsaharan africans to defeat a european nation in a battle..that battle was with the portugese and somali state of ajurran.

so yeah...we really did more than contribute to the world...unlike west africans who only contributed slave labour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia

^^^Dude, you mean to tell me your sad arse has been making all these posts from work shocked? So besides the fact you're an underemployed bastard, you also don't have home access to the internet? Where the fuc/k do you 'work'? A seedy internet cafe undecided?

Your written english is scandalous, and your comprehension skills are no better. Where the fuc/k did i mention Somalia having a high HIV/AIDS prevalence rate shocked? And besides, which survey/study are you basing your assertions on when you speak of Somalia having a comparatively low incidence of HIV/AIDS in Africa? Is it a Somalia that W.H.O medical/aid workers can't carry out their jobs in peace owing to the real and ever-present danger of being kidnapped for ransome, or worse still having their heads chopped off by islamic militants? Lowest HIV rate in Africa according to al-shabab militants grin.Surely you're having a laugh?

I couldn't be arsed to read up on your pathetic little country, but a quick google of you disgusting animals brings up a quick result of you lot being colonised by not one, but three European countries (Britain, Italy and France) shocked!!! Go figure!!! So much for a strong, proud people. You pricks were tossed from one colonzing power to the other like an unwanted bag of vomit. The only country i know not to be colonised was Ethiopia, so stop trying to tap their glory as they can't stand you animals either and would sooner bomb you lot back to the middle-ages (not that there'd be any difference in your quality of life) than have anything to do with you guys.

Longest coast in Africa? LOL grin grin grin. When did that become a contribution to the world? I'd say it's more of a headache for the Int'l community as they have a much bigger area to monitor so as to keep you toe-rags in check. Just last week the USA sent a couple of Hellfire missiles your way and smoked out a couple of your dirty pirates and militants. You guys are an open/festering sore not just on the African continent, but worldwide, and the sooner you're all wiped out the better.

Do you honestly think your country contributed more to the emancipation of black South Africa than Nigeria? You do know Nigeria was known as one of the [b]'FRONTLINE COUNTRIES' [/b]during the apartheid era owing to our commitment of human and material resources towards the struggle. Of course you wouldn't know this being the thicko you are.

You talk of your country not being enslaved. So what were the Arabs doing to you lot over the centuries? Or maybe you think it was just the europeans that engaged in the slave trade. I'll have you know that the Arabs were just as bad, if not worse than the Europeans and it's you lot in the horn of Africa they faced; ours in West Africa had more to do with Europe and the New world.

All that drivel of introducing mhyr (whatever the hell that is ); having the 2nd biggest military in the 70's and 80's; the largest homogeneous country in Africa; having a native language as national language; humanity coming from your balls; etc, etc,: all that shi/t is of no interest to me or anyone else besides you scum, and you can take it all and firmly shove it up your stinking, skinny Somali arse.

Cheers mate smiley.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: SOMALI IS AN ETHNICITY. AND A NATIONALITY...YOUR OFFICIALLY DUMB. IF YOU DONT KNOW THAT SOMALI IS AN ETHNIC GROUP OF PEOPLE...ETHIOPIAN IS A NATIONALITY NOT AN ETHNICITY...SINCE WE ARE ONE PEOPLE, OUR NATION IS NAMED AFTER OUR ETHNICITY WHICH IS SOMALI.

I am not disputing that Somali is your ethnicity, this much is clear.
But my point about "Nationality" stands nevertheless.
Much as I know you want to, you simply cannot wish away the size-able minority within your amorphous "Somali Nation". Genie is out of the bottle, comrade tongue.

Until recently, many people perceived Somalia as a country with a population of 7,000,0000 people who share one culture, one language and one religion. This was the impression given during previous regimes in order to sustain the illusion of homogeneity. One of the things that were deliberately downplayed was the existence of minority groups. A[b]lthough the population of minority groups living in Somalia has not as yet been established, estimates indicate that they constitute one third of the total Somalia population; approximately 2,000,000 people. The minority groups include Bantu, Bravenese, Rerhamar, Bajuni, Eyle, Galgala, Tumal, Yibir and Gaboye. These groups continue to live in conditions of great poverty and suffer numerous forms of discrimination and exclusion[/b].
A study on minorities in Somalia

A Brief History of the ‘Somali’ Union: What is the Way Forward - http://www.redsea-online.com/pdf/Mohamed_Obsiye-On_Somali_Union.pdf
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:22pm On May 20, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Dude, you mean to tell me your sad arse has been making all these posts from work shocked? So besides the fact you're an underemployed bastard, you also don't have home access to the internet? Where the fuc/k do you 'work'? A seedy internet cafe undecided?

Your written english is scandalous, and your comprehension skills are no better. Where the fuc/k did i mention Somalia having a high HIV/AIDS prevalence rate shocked? And besides, which survey/study are you basing your assertions on when you speak of Somalia having a comparatively low incidence of HIV/AIDS in Africa? Is it a Somalia that W.H.O medical/aid workers can't carry out their jobs in peace owing to the real and ever-present danger of being kidnapped for ransome, or worse still having their heads chopped off by islamic militants? Lowest HIV rate in Africa according to al-shabab militants grin.Surely you're having a laugh?

I couldn't be arsed to read up on your pathetic little country, but a quick google of you disgusting animals brings up a quick result of you lot being colonised by not one, but three European countries (Britain, Italy and France) shocked!!! Go figure!!! So much for a strong, proud people. You pricks were tossed from one colonzing power to the other like an unwanted bag of vomit. The only country i know not to be colonised was Ethiopia, so stop trying to tap their glory as they can't stand you animals either and would sooner bomb you lot back to the middle-ages (not that there'd be any difference in your quality of life) than have anything to do with you guys.

Longest coast in Africa? LOL grin grin grin. When did that become a contribution to the world? I'd say it's more of a headache for the Int'l community as they have a much bigger area to monitor so as to keep you toe-rags in check. Just last week the USA sent a couple of Hellfire missiles your way and smoked out a couple of your dirty pirates and militants. You guys are an open/festering sore not just on the African continent, but worldwide, and the sooner you're all wiped out the better.

Do you honestly think your country contributed more to the emancipation of black South Africa than Nigeria? You do know Nigeria was known as one of the [b]'FRONTLINE COUNTRIES' [/b]during the apartheid era owing to our commitment of human and material resources towards the struggle. Of course you wouldn't know this being the thicko you are.

You talk of your country not being enslaved. So what were the Arabs doing to you lot over the centuries? Or maybe you think it was just the europeans that engaged in the slave trade. I'll have you know that the Arabs were just as bad, if not worse than the Europeans and it's you lot in the horn of Africa they faced; ours in West Africa had more to do with Europe and the New world.

All that drivel of introducing mhyr (whatever the hell that is ); having the 2nd biggest military in the 70's and 80's; the largest homogeneous country in Africa; having a native language as national language; humanity coming from your balls; etc, etc,: all that shi/t is of no interest to me or anyone else besides you scum, and you can take it all and firmly shove it up your stinking, skinny Somali arse.

Cheers mate smiley.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by emmke(m): 1:50pm On May 20, 2012
what a whooping by PROUD-IGBO....
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by 2mch(m): 2:10pm On May 20, 2012
grin. Ayanle made a terrible mistake and is now trying to save face and swim out of this disgrace. Ayanle, not because you see Nigerians put each other down you think you can come and insult the largest "Bantu" population in the world. In case you haven't read a lot of the posts, we are also even more insulting than you can ever comprehend in that your bean looking head filled with self hate. You I.diots have been brainwashed by Arabs to think you are Arabic, maybe they have also hidden all the mirrors in the country too. I wonder why if you are so arabic why you can't lead prayer in a mosque of Arabs. Not even a black scholar imam. They wouldn't even share a tent with any dark skinned person during haj. I pity your kind. You adopt religion but practice it where dem no send you. You even want to shed your skin and wear there own. Yet you are scum and still black in their eyes. I wonder why the desperation to be African but not bantu. Nigerians need to invade somalia with out population and turn you lot to Bantu by force. Maybe we need to start colonizing other African countries before they sell all of us to Arabs.I wonder what you feel when you have this discussion with your Arab friends, and they looking and laughing at the st.upid, big headed, anorexic n.igger carrying their bags wanting to belong. Big headed idi.ots impoverishing and destroying your own country. So you can seem more arabic and muslim than Arabs.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by PhysicsQED(m): 2:16pm On May 20, 2012
Somalia had a large military in the 70s and the 80s because the Russians and later the US were gassing them up and for no other reason. But this is nothing new. The Turks were their pimps in the past.

And lol @ the claim of Somalia having an educated diaspora. Educated in what? Arabic? Bombing?
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ektbear: 2:31pm On May 20, 2012
Technically speaking, most Nigerians and West Africans are not even Bantu anyway.

The Bantu migrations started from Cameroon..

However, the Bantu are a greater race/tribe/people than Somali.

So better to be associated with a great people (Bantu) rather than mongrel dogs (Somali).
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by KnowAll(m): 2:35pm On May 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPBHgWG-MtY

Crackhead Somalian LovePeddler soliciting for sex.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by PhysicsQED(m): 2:36pm On May 20, 2012
Did this brain dead goat actually claim that Somalis introduced myrrh to the world? The same myrrh that is native to the middle east in a distinct tree from that found in the part of east Africa where Somalia is? Did you people also force the myrrh tree to mutate into a distinct species? Myrrh in the Arabian peninsula was obtained from the local tree, not from the kind found in somalia so you people played no part in introducing it to them.

And I have to laugh at the thought of claiming that as an achievement.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by redsun(m): 2:48pm On May 20, 2012
Africa will be saved the embarrassment of scarecrow and kwashiokor looking beings,especially children. The embarrassment of a people with reversed mental evolution.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 20, 2012
KnowAll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPBHgWG-MtY

Crackhead Somalian LovePeddler soliciting for sex.

LMAO
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by koruji(m): 3:17pm On May 20, 2012
You said if the "oromo who are the cousin of somalis controlled somalia. . ." - u mean "controlled ethiopia" right?

Can you answer this question quickly then? Why is it that Somalia controlled by Somalis still have problem with each other?

[size=14pt]Clue[/size]: It has something to do with an open declaration by Somalis like you that you are xenophobic. The same abbreviated mental state that would openly declare "we are xenophobic" is the same retarded mental state that lead to multi-decade intractable wars where even food aid to dying children would be denied based on religious stu..pidity. Imagine a people that the rest of the world is running around to keep from dying off declaring they are xenophobic. You should have stayed in your hell-hole to obtain your M.Sc. in sand-digging, so that you would not have to deal with our huge, flat noses.

I hope you get to become president of Somalia. That way, you can wipe your "xenophobic" selfs out with the hatred in your heart. I think that is the next stage for those whose "evolution is done" like you.

I believe the real problem is the bolded below. You probably lost a love interest to a high-flying Naija man and now you are here taking out your frustration on a Naija forum. There are no "our women" and "their women" in this world. You find whoever wants you, period. And don't come here hiding behind "somali are muslims and don't date" - hyprocrite.

And BTW, you are black!

ayanle456: Actually Somalia and ethiopia have alot in common. The only reason for the rivalry is because a tiny minority control ethiopia...those people are hostile...if the oromo who are the cousin of somalis controlled somalia...than everything would be ok...despite this deep tensions between somalis and ethiopians...we both agree that we are good looking people...and we both agreee that bantus are inferior...we both have derogotary words for bantus...so i guess we have more in common than we thing.

ayanle456: uhm...i have relatives still in somalia...and i pay attention to whats going on...if the somalis who go educated from the west dont go back and help who will? somalis are the only immigrants who came to the west because their own country was at war. if it was peaceful we would go back...we are xenophobic...so inshallah now its peaceful, and i wanna finish my education and go to my country so i can see my beutiful people...did you know somalia has the longest coastland in africa...the entire country is shaped by the indian ocean. did you know somalia, ethiopia are the only country where the native language is the national langauge...i wanna go die and grow old in my country.

i wish you guys had pride for your countries and women like somalis do theirs...i dont know why your men chase our women everywhere in america and europe...this white lady actually asked me why african americans and africans prefer somali women over their own women...it actuallly got to the point that my job had to have a cultural seminar to educate the afrians that somali women were muslim and our culture forbids dating...the white lady running the seminar was being nice..i wanted to stand up and say...the reason why our women dont want u is becaue you look like baboons who are not done evolving...
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by BlackBaron: 3:33pm On May 20, 2012
If the rest of Africa had problems with her numerous tribes, Surely that'll mean a supposedly homogeneous population who practice an homogeneous religion would be better off. Yet the people from the Horners have defied logic by engaging themselves in decades of secession and civil wars, akin to families fighting families. cry Only Somalians could pull that off.

I'm sorry to say, but your case is just a lost cause for mankind. Every other Non-African nations avoid your country like lepers and squirm with derision at the sorry state of affairs of your country,nor would they dare send their own troops to save your kind. However, other African nations took pity on you sending troops who are the ones presently keeping the peace in your communities. The very foundation of your country and her government's legitimacy is only being held in place by presence of peace keepers which would crumble at their retreat. Last time I read, your kids are currently playing truants rather congregating in video game centres bashing away at controllers which your community thinks its better than handling guns for Al-Shabaab.

Your country is always the first port of call for charities eliciting funds for famine with an obligatory malnourished somali minor aptly located in a refugee camp.

Yet, you come on here to extol the importance of your country. undecided
For all I care, if a tectonic plate shift could rip your country off the African continental shelf. No African nation would miss your lot one bit.

1 Like

Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by PhysicsQED(m): 3:41pm On May 20, 2012
The Ajuraan state never singlehandedly defeated the Portuguese in battle and it is false to even so much as imply that. Their Turkish pimps contributed hugely to their defense.

By contrast, the kingdom of Kongo (a 'Bantu' people) defeated the Portuguese at Mbanda Kasi, without the help of Turkish pimps. They defeated the Portuguese in 1622 after initially losing to them at Mbumbi as historians have shown.

Standing up to the Portuguese without Turkish help may be unheard of in your country, but the thing is, there are actually some people with balls in that part of Africa. Don't think I can say the same for Somalia where the men have no bass in their voices.

1 Like

Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by hercules07: 4:41pm On May 20, 2012
The guy thought because we yab ourselves, we will not close ranks when outsiders come to yab us, he has been appropriately schooled, o ga o, Somalian is yabbing Nigerians and other Africans, he should go and watch Black Hawk down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Guinea: Heavy Gunshots Erupt, Conackry On Military Lockdown / France Warns Iran On Drone Deliveries To Russia / U.S. Kills Al-Qaeda Leader Ayman Al-Zawahri In Drone Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.