Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt (41414 Views)

Car Explodes At NNPC Station In Bayelsa While Buying Fuel (Photos) / Bomb Explodes At Zaria Workers’ Biometric Screening Centre; Many Feared Dead / Bus Explodes In Yenagoa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 17, 2012
Judrich: Its a tanker xplosion, a family of four wer killed at the cause of the fire
jason123: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/two-feared-dead-as-bomb-blasts-rocks-p-harcourt/

Another Cursed Cretin!

Two feared dead as bomb blast rocks P-Harcourt

Two persons are feared dead with four others injured when an explosion rocks Rumuokoro area of Port Harcourt,Rivers state, Thursday morning.

Meanwhile the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA confirmed the incident saying an explosion occurred today in a commercial bus at Rumuokoro Roundabout in Port Harcourt the Rivers state capital.

According to the agency’s spokesman, Yushau Shuaib, the driver of the bus died from the blast.

Details shortly.

Foolish 'Cretin' like u with fake gist
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Jakumo(m): 4:03pm On May 17, 2012
If the state governor is claiming that simply smoking cigarettes can cook off the 7.62mm rounds used by the AK47 assault rifle, then he has clearly been fed WRONG information. Look at battlefront pictures, and note the number of soldiers smoking cigarettes while fighting and while resting, if you need any convincing that it is perfectly safe to smoke in close proximity to live ammunition.

The only way to ignite rifle or pistol ammunition of ANY caliber, short of loading it into a suitable weapon and pulling the trigger, would be to place that live ammunition in a burning container and wait for at least a couple of minutes. There is no way in hell that a lit cigarette can cause rounds to spontaneously explode as the governor suggests. If the Port Harcourt explosion was not caused by a suicide bomber, then it is conceivable that a member of the robbery gang was sitting in the car monkeying with a hand-grenade, before pulling the pin by mistake. A hand-grenade blast would riddle the car and its occupants with shrapnel, but leave no crater.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 17, 2012
finguy:

Of all the lies, na this one dumb pass.

Nway if I may link all the stories into one. A commercial bus picked up passengers randomly not knowing 4 were robbers and one a suicide bomber. He later stop to buy illegal fuel from a tanker parked in a nearby push cos its cheaper (wetin fuel at 140 dey cos) while he was getting his tank filled, one of the robbers decided to light a cigarette but his lighter wasn't working, so the suicide bomber offered to help light it for him with his bomb! Nd they all kaboom! Lol

Retardeen like u..CURSED CRETIN!
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by nduchucks: 4:11pm On May 17, 2012
All I can do is shame my head as I watch my dear country being destroyed by incompetent rulers. GEJ and his team need to cool down and take control of the security issues facing our country instead of sending small boys to verbally attack the highly esteemed Buhari, after Buhari made a statement that is truthful regarding 2015 elections.

I join fellow gullible Nigerians, Amaechi, and others to say very loudly, that this explosion was caused by robber who was irresponsibly smoking a cigarette near naked petrol.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/648223_rak_jpg3be10a689dcae3eda0158a90666e866e
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Classicalman(m): 4:22pm On May 17, 2012
Now judge for yourselves, B I T C H E S!!!!

Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 4:23pm On May 17, 2012
Jakumo: If the state governor is claiming that simply smoking cigarettes can cook off the 7.62mm rounds used by the AK47 assault rifle, then he has clearly been fed WRONG information. Look at battlefront pictures, and note the number of soldiers smoking cigarettes while fighting and while resting, if you need any convincing that it is perfectly safe to smoke in close proximity to live ammunition.

The only way to ignite rifle or pistol ammunition of ANY caliber, short of loading it into a suitable weapon and pulling the trigger, would be to place that live ammunition in a burning container and wait for at least a couple of minutes. There is no way in hell that a lit cigarette can cause rounds to spontaneously explode as the governor suggests. If the Port Harcourt explosion was not caused by a suicide bomber, then it is conceivable that a member of the robbery gang was sitting in the car monkeying with a hand-grenade, before pulling the pin by mistake. A hand-grenade blast would riddle the car and its occupants with shrapnel, but leave no crater.

thank you. you just nailed it.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 4:23pm On May 17, 2012
I can authoritatively assure everyone that there was no bomb explosion in Port Harcourt. There was no dynamite in the bus.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 4:25pm On May 17, 2012
Classicalman: Now judge for yourselves, B I T C H E S!!!!

thanks for the pix. i have already judged for myself...it's a bomb blast.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 4:30pm On May 17, 2012
Abagworo: I can authoritatively assure everyone that there was no bomb explosion in Port Harcourt. There was no dynamite in the bus.

so what happened bro. please tell us
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Afam4eva(m): 4:31pm On May 17, 2012
Can fire scatter a car like that? That looks like the job that only a bomb can do.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by crackhouse(m): 4:45pm On May 17, 2012
jason123:

It better be a tanker . . .
none is better
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by crackhouse(m): 4:47pm On May 17, 2012
patorini: happened at the roundabout, the taxi blew up as the passenger carrying the "bomb" was coming down.
Source: my driver at the park
driver talk. That one na talk?
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 17, 2012
Calebsky:

thanks for the pix. i have already judged for myself...it's a bomb blast.
¶ also bliv its a bomb blast. BUT, if truely Boko Haram mean biz, ¶ beg them to claim responsibility for it! ǰUsτ claim responsibility †ЂΞ way u always do without delay.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Demdem(m): 4:59pm On May 17, 2012
If its truly bomb blast, am suspecting MEND pending when boko will take responsibility as they normally do.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by kaeto(m): 4:59pm On May 17, 2012
PLEASE IF YOU ARE CALLING PEEPS OR MAKING CALLS JUST STOP IT COS I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE SCENE SPOT ''IT IS A BOMB EXPLOSION'', DEAF??
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by otokx(m): 4:59pm On May 17, 2012
Pictures really speak a thousand words but oh well in summary lets all be vigilante.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 17, 2012
lacasa: D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅'s. My amazement with irrational comments on dis site

a bomb or wateva. Went off in PH aπϑ without waitin τ̅☺ ascertain wat apend some animals αv begun call 4 Biafra, some r sayin War, some bigger idiots r sayin kill hausas in south-south.

Ђδω tremendously insane most people here are

1. Partaining τ̅☺ Biafra, dt one is a lost cause aπϑ a comedy D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ died with D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ war munger Ojukwu, (good riddance τ̅☺ bad rubbish).

2. War! - As OBJ said during †ЂΞ Bakassi dispute with Cameroun, those D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ call for War have never seen war. if a decorated officer like OBJ will never wish war on his enemy then i wonder Ђδω some animals here D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ αv never attended a riot in their sorry excuse O̶̷̩̥̊͡f a life will be calling for War no matter †ЂΞ circumstance. (Olorunmaje oo). May we never ever see anything like War in Nigeria again

3. Nigeria should be split- go n research it, look at †ЂΞ USSR, look at Sudan/South sudan, God put us 2geda for our own benefits which He in his wisdom made it ​ so​. Instead O̶̷̩̥̊͡f making noise about splitting dis country Ɣ dnt nigerians fight their common problem,- Bad politicians!. This few set are †ЂΞ only problem dis country has aπϑ all dis boko, kidnapping, militancy, etc are by-products off Bad leadership. But as nigerians, all we know is tribal aπϑ religious bigotry aπϑ thats Ɣ we will neva move forward like this.

Splitting naija will nt solve Your problem bt rather work against †ЂΞ common man cos like it is in history, †ЂΞ ppeople determine †ЂΞ govt bt in naija its †ЂΞ other way round

4,- kill hausa/reprisals on wat basis-

†ЂΞ qtn is, on wat basis??

†ЂΞ bokoharam D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ U̶̲̥̅̊ r saying its hausa D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ r doing dis, Please i challenge anyman here τ̅☺ name a hausa man D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ has ever been caught as bokoharam??

We αv seen kanuris, igala, yoruba aπϑ even igbos with other ethnic minorities in †ЂΞ north but no sss,army, police or wateva has published a name or a suspect from †ЂΞ hausa tribe

Now, those D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ say kill hausa, kill hausa, i just pity †ЂΞ large migranys from †ЂΞ south aπϑ other non hausa tribes either northern origin or settlers or whateva, believe ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ if hausas r killed massively for something they know nothing about †ЂΞ cry in †ЂΞ north will be pure genocide pass rwanda's own i tell U̶̲̥̅̊.

Those who αv bn τ̅☺ †ЂΞ north lyk in kano, sokoto, kaduna will agree with ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ migrants from †ЂΞ douth n east outweigh hausas D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ go τ̅☺ †ЂΞ south or east at a ratio O̶̷̩̥̊͡f let's say 10:2 ​ so​ just imagine

Aπϑ as it is if hausas r killed indiscriminately, even †ЂΞ non-hausas D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ are northerners eg †ЂΞ minorities will be affected aπϑ †ЂΞ disaster will be unthinkable.

​ so​ please aπϑ pplease, think b4 U̶̲̥̅̊ say things cos nobody wants blood τ̅☺ be spilt for somethimg D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ we know †ЂΞ answer τ̅☺ but yet we allow †ЂΞ problem τ̅☺ comsume us.

Bad politicians aπϑ Bad leadership is everywhere in Nigeria aπϑ †ЂΞ sooner we realise our COMMON ENEMY aπϑ do something abt it, †ЂΞ earlier we can αv our own Nigerian dream

God help †ЂΞ good people O̶̷̩̥̊͡f Nigeria aπϑ not †ЂΞ wicked oned amongst us
whats this anus talking about? I wil start the reprisal attack on you. Mumu Adamu. Hail Biafra joor!
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 5:07pm On May 17, 2012
kaeto: PLEASE IF YOU ARE CALLING PEEPS OR MAKING CALLS JUST STOP IT COS I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE SCENE SPOT ''IT IS A BOMB EXPLOSION'', DEAF??

thanks. my wonder is why are the authorities and press shying away from the reality and truth. people...it's a bomb blast. port harcourt dwellers be vigilant....for the evil has been brought to your household.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 17, 2012
la furia: the question is wat made d eye witnesses beleive it was a bomb blast.? Perhaps they saw d bus exploded and they feel d best causd shld b a bomb.
If u are an eyewitnes tell us wat u saw not u wat u think u saw.
Some say it was a suicide bomber, did they see d bomber demselves. If u feel d authority are lyin, simply tell us wat u saw diff. Typicaly if an explosion goes off, we all assume na bomb blast
Gov Amaechi should be arrested immediately. Is he there when one of the so called robber was smoking cigarette? Gov Amaechi should stop lying against the dead or be visited by the wrath of the gods. THIS IS SUICIDE BOMBING BY BOKO HARAM
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 5:15pm On May 17, 2012
Calebsky:

so what happened bro. please tell us

They were carrying ammunitions and not bombs. My source is the investigator. The bus did not scatter instantly (Go back to page one for earlier picture). Everything around the bus including passers bye sustained little or no scratch. That place is a park.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by hakanai(m): 5:17pm On May 17, 2012
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 17, 2012
That picture definitely looks like a bomb blast to me! Anyways the inevitable split of Nigeria is eminent...It is slowly becoming a reality.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On May 17, 2012
Hmmmm
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by otokx(m): 5:27pm On May 17, 2012
There seems to be tension in Port Harcourt.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 5:33pm On May 17, 2012
otokx: There seems to be tension in Port Harcourt.

People are being misled into thinking it was a bomb. A bomb at Rumuokoro could have killed up to a thousand. They were carrying bullets and guns in the car. As a PH guy that stays in Choba, you could well verify from anti-bomb squad Bori camp which is 5 poles away from the scene.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by INFO70: 5:34pm On May 17, 2012
Calebsky: There was a bomb blast at rumuokoro park in port harcourt this morning. I was told lots of people died.

http://www.punchng.com/news/two-feared-dead-in-port-harcourt-explosion/
It is not bomb blast. Confirmed report has it that weapons were conveyed with a commercial bus painted with Rivers State to undisclosed location when dynamite exploded killing one and injured three. Is not Boko Horam. The Gov. of the state has comment on this. I was close to the scene.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Frankiss44(m): 5:35pm On May 17, 2012
[quote author=190]I hope d bomb blast affects that my wretched ex of a girlfriend -

So animals like you still exist?? What's the diff btw you and the Boko boys? Go get a life son
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 5:37pm On May 17, 2012
INFO70:
It is not bomb blast. Confirmed report has it that weapons were conveyed with a commercial bus painted with Rivers State to undisclosed location when dynamite exploded killing one and injured three. Is not Boko Horam. The Gov. of the state has comment on this. I was close to the scene.

There wasn't even dynamites.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by otokx(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2012
Abagworo:

People are being misled into thinking it was a bomb. A bomb at Rumuokoro could have killed up to a thousand. They were carrying bullets and guns in the car. As a PH guy that stays in Choba, you could well verify from anti-bomb squad Bori camp which is 5 poles away from the scene.

Bros you should know that Choba is very far from Bori camp, whether is was a Bomb or not - there is some tension in Port Harcourt.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 5:51pm On May 17, 2012
otokx:

Bros you should know that Choba is very far from Bori camp, whether is was a Bomb or not - there is some tension in Port Harcourt.

Yes. They just robbed @Alakahia some minutes ago. I meant the scene of the fire. Its near that 6 storey Anglican building. Bori camp back gate is directly opposite FGC Rumuokoro.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Dejohnbull: 6:01pm On May 17, 2012
Questn questn questn
jason123: OP, are you sure?!!! shocked
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by otokx(m): 6:05pm On May 17, 2012
Abagworo:

Yes. They just robbed @Alakahia some minutes ago. I meant the scene of the fire. Its near that 6 storey Anglican building. Bori camp back gate is directly opposite FGC Rumuokoro.

There was stampede in the University of Port Harcourt some minutes ago and reported gunfire, see people and cars trying to get out and away from the main campus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Are You Interested In Moderating This Section? / Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen / Mrs Aisha Buhari's Reaction To Husband's Attack In Kaduna Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.