Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,368 members, 7,954,493 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt (41628 Views)

Car Explodes At NNPC Station In Bayelsa While Buying Fuel (Photos) / Bomb Explodes At Zaria Workers’ Biometric Screening Centre; Many Feared Dead / Bus Explodes In Yenagoa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 20, 2012
LADEMINUS:

Obviously u don't knw how to identify a bomb blast

The epicenter is at d middle of the bus not d fuel tank... Definite bomb
There is a crater formation on d road with debris scattered in a circle away from d bus.... Definite bomb
Notice the whole bus is not burnt?... Shows that damage was swift,.... Not as seen inpetroleum explosions .... Definite bomb!!!
I tink ppl r just running away from the obvious scary truth dat dis threat has come down south.. Sad
Thank you my brother, please tell them.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 20, 2012
Please I want to correct some obvious misconceptions:
1. A bomb can explode without causing damage to surroundung structures. This can be done by directing the force and direction of the blast. That is why American military can use missiles to blow up a house or a car without damage to the nearest structure. Precision bombing.
2. Some here say dynamite is not a bomb. Look bombs can be made from different materials with almost the same result (so to say). Eg TNT, PETN, Dynamite, Potassium Nitrate etc, dynamite is just one of them.

3. That exploision was not caused by the tank of the bus igniting, or else the roof will not be blown off like that. Petrol is an incendiary and technically not a bomb and the structural damage to the bus would not have been so extensive.

My take on this is that this is probably an armed robbery operatio gone wrong. Follow me a for a second:

If you want to blow the bullet proof door of a bank and the door of its strong room you will need a device that will direct and concentrate the force of the blast on the doors(you dont want to bring the whole building down). My take on this is that Robbers were moving the device with a bus and it went off prematurely, turning upwards blowing of the roof.
The force was directed upwards which is why surrounding structures were not affected and also the absence of any crater.

1 Like

Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by tiebe: 6:16am On May 29, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: whats this anus talking about? I wil start the reprisal attack on you. Mumu Adamu. Hail Biafra joor!

Lol! maybe if you read his post you'd understand what he's talking bout.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by damlawbaba(m): 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
3kay945: It looks like bomb to me, maybe a baby bomb! The impact may not be much.
shey baby bomb dey ni and daddy bomb.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Isinimibo: 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
I hope all this u pple are bringing on air are true! only rivers state 3 three bomb explosion i doubt.
Calebsky: There was a bomb blast at rumuokoro park in port harcourt this morning. I was told some persons died.

http://www.punchng.com/news/two-feared-dead-in-port-harcourt-explosion/
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Isinimibo: 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
if it true then! what do u expect when some miscreant are working with leaders of virgin hunters in D name of politics 2 destabilize the peace of the state because of greed, betrayal, the finger of God will one day find very soon. Judas Iscariot
Testy17: Confirmed,from the information I heard, one person with the carrier of the bomb died and 13 injured. God helps us.
Re: Bus Explodes At Rumuokoro Park In Port-Harcourt by Hinahuang(f): 4:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Anyone have interest in Attending ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. / Obasanjo: I Have Seen Three Olu Of Warri, I Don’t Want To See Fourth Coronation / Buhari's Cambridge Result Mastersheet Printout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.