Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi (44715 Views)

Giroud- "I'm Better Without Ozil." / 5 Reasons Why C.ronaldo Is Better Than Messi / Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by youngies(m): 7:46am On May 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isk9wk-O8hQ

CNN) -- It's not a phrase that usually gets said out loud, but you have to feel sorry for Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Real Madrid player has just finished the season of his life, winning Spain's La Liga whilst vanquishing their hated Catalan foes Barcelona.

He scored more goals than he ever has before too, 46 in the league to be precise, and 60 overall. Yet even though Madrid finished nine points clear of second place, it is Barca's Lionel Messi that still gets all the attention.

"Some people say I'm better, other people say it's him, but at the end of the day, they're going to decide who is the best player," Ronaldo told CNN in an exclusive interview before this weekend's Champions League final between Bayern Munich and Chelsea at Munich's Allianz Arena.

"At the moment ... I think it is me," he laughs.

"Sometimes (the comparisons with Messi) makes me tired ...for him too because they compare us together all the time.

Messi breaks Barcelona's all-time scoring record

"You cannot compare a Ferrari with a Porsche because it's a different engine. You cannot compare them. He does the best things for Barcelona, I do the best things for Madrid.

"I think we push each other sometimes in the competition, this is why the competition is so high. This is why Madrid and Barcelona are the best teams in the world because everyone pushes each other, not just me and Messi but other players."

Good cop/bad cop

Perhaps Ronaldo is right. The world needs the "good cop/bad cop" routine of Messi and Ronaldo to bring the best out of both them. It might be the reason why neither has set the world alight on the international stage.

But whilst Messi is hailed as a secular saint, Ronaldo is derided for his self confidence, some would say over confidence. How does he cope with the vitriol he provokes in opposition fans?

"Sometimes, you have to put on a mask. You cannot smile every time for all the people. It's impossible, I cannot do that," he says.

"This is not my type of personality. And people really don't know me. And I do it for that because I don't want every person to know me, just close friends...you know, my friends, teammates. These people know me very well. Other people, to be honest, I really don't care about that."

Still, such has been Madrid's dominance in the league Ronaldo is entitled to feel, if not exactly sycophantic praise, then at least recognition of his and his team's achievements.

"My high point (in my career) is to win the title here in Madrid, La Liga," he explains

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/sports/1562-cristiano-ronaldo-im-better-than-messi
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ddippset(m): 4:37pm On May 18, 2012
even if we compared aiyegbeni to messi some would still say the yak is better. true some people think ronaldo is the best but much more people think messi is the best.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Afam4eva(m): 1:34pm On May 19, 2012
The best player will not tell you he's the best. he'll leave other people to sing his praise. Ronaldo, STFU, you're in second position.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by chuks49(m): 1:38pm On May 19, 2012
Messi is a phenomenon, there can't be another messi in the near future.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Afam4eva(m): 1:41pm On May 19, 2012
chuks49: Messi is a phenomenon, there can't be another messi in the near future.
Same way we felt about Ronaldinho and Ronaldo, but see Messi today. he's in a class of his own. Tomorrow it could be someone else.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 19, 2012
What's wrong with the statement?

Everyone has a right to say they're the best at what they do. Some may agree with him, and others may disagree - but that doesn't negate the fact that he has right to say he's the best...

Hey, Pele thinks Neymar is the best player in the world...I think Jay Jay Okocha is the most skillful player to ever kick the football...To each their own..

Big ups to Ronald for thinking he's the best (though, I think Messi is slightly better than him)!!

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by freecocoa(f): 1:45pm On May 19, 2012
And he thinks he's better than messi cos he won la liga?

Anyways that's their problem,DROGBA is the best which y'all will have no choice but to believe tonight.

Oya make una bite me tongue.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by joideviv(m): 1:48pm On May 19, 2012
It's a sacrelage to compare CR7 to Messi, IMO after Messi it's me. Im simply d second best ever...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by sasview: 1:49pm On May 19, 2012
C.Ronaldo is good but Messi is better, Messi not only breaking Barca's record but world records and setting new ones.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by PaulJohn1: 1:51pm On May 19, 2012
I'll go for Messi
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:52pm On May 19, 2012
Dear Cristi,
Obama is my father.
The pope is jewish,
and you are better than Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Mcleo007(m): 1:53pm On May 19, 2012
afam4eva: The best player will not tell you he's the best. he'll leave other people to sing his praise. Ronaldo, STFU, you're in second position.

Word!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Mcleo007(m): 1:54pm On May 19, 2012
afam4eva: The best player will not tell you he's the best. he'll leave other people to sing his praise. Ronaldo, STFU, you're in second position.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by cyril83(m): 1:56pm On May 19, 2012
C Ron is still the best,he played a very good game in a tough league "ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP" where we have wolves as defenders,he then move on to spanish "la liga" still reigning...So u can tell ur one legged player to move on to another league and let's see what he's up to. Do u guyz know what it takes to leave ur teammates for another teammates and still adapt in no time...kudos to C Ron joor

17 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by lacasa: 1:57pm On May 19, 2012
Deep down in his heart he knows Messi is better than himgrin

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Reference(m): 1:57pm On May 19, 2012
Perhaps better looking with all that hair gel but as far as what lies between your ears and how it syncs with your two legs, capital - no. The day you recognise football is a team sport is the day your cv will be considered.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by CuteTj(m): 1:58pm On May 19, 2012
No basis for comparism between the two of them. They are both simply the best! Its just that you are going to be favourably disposed to Messi because of his attitude unlike Ronaldo.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by MrGlobe(m): 1:59pm On May 19, 2012
This clown should shut it already! He cannot fit into Messi's boots. Unless my eyes are decieving me
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by psyqs(m): 2:00pm On May 19, 2012
This is one reason i hate CR7, messi would neva say this. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by cyril83(m): 2:03pm On May 19, 2012
freecocoa: And he thinks he's better than messi cos he won la liga?

Anyways that's their problem,DROGBA is the best which y'all will have no choice but to believe tonight.

Oya make una bite me tongue.
Drogba is goin to the pitch with white handkerchief in other to save him some tears...I whew for chelsea

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Odinaka00(m): 2:09pm On May 19, 2012
But wait o.....ȋ̝̊̅§ C-ronaldo better than messi? Or ȋ̝̊̅§ messi bette than c-ronaldo? Who can answer dz question lol
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by deb(m): 2:11pm On May 19, 2012
I even think Mikel Obi is better than him that is why he had to make effort to sell himself to people instead of allowing them to choose their best themselves.

He is not even the 2nd best so he shd shut his fkn dirty mouth up and shove it in his stinky ass.
Messi has no 2nd. The god of football himself.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by revomind(m): 2:12pm On May 19, 2012
Ronaldo is a fantastic player. Very good and a nightmare to opposing teams. It is understandable if he thinks he is the best. I like that attitude. If i were his manager, I'd encourage it. However, I just feel Messi is a little better than Ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by freemanrule: 2:16pm On May 19, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]if cr7 wnt 2 proof he's better dn messi,its will only take him a fight of a life time to do just that,blelieve he's not even sure of him self dt why he's on cnn trying to fine a way out of he's this belief. Messi is simplelly the best bcoz he alway do best what what he's best @.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Opoki(m): 2:17pm On May 19, 2012
I will not comment untill Messi move on to another League be ye EPL,Lique 1,Serie A or Bundesliga and set the same set of Record... Only those who knows what the word "Team" means will reason along with me.:..its CR7 any day.

6 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by cyril83(m): 2:17pm On May 19, 2012
Odinaka00: But wait o.....ȋ̝̊̅§ C-ronaldo better than messi? Or ȋ̝̊̅§ messi bette than c-ronaldo? Who can answer dz question lol
Compare the calibre of players in madrid to barcelona players, talking of pace and mobility ,I hereby say C Ron is better Than illumnati Messi even u ursef know.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Opoki(m): 2:27pm On May 19, 2012
kayusfit: @Cyril83; so because Ronaldo played in england means he is better right? Whats so special about english league? Sergio aguero played his first season in england and scored 30 goals for mancity in all competitions. Papi Cisse of Newcastle came in January and was scoring freely in this same premiership. This is the same premiership thierry henry ruled for donkey years without going on a straight 3month injury. As wack as anelka is, he also won premiership topscorer with chelsea. The list goes on. Do we need to Tell Ryan giggs, lampard, gerard, rooney, Terry and ferguson to leave england so we can know they are truly good?? [s]I think you are smoking banana leaves wrapped in wet wrizla. [/s]
I think we should learn to respect each other, you've made your point and sounds so Good but i believe you know Aguero was not in his best form @ Atletico Madrid and he didn't have the myriads of stars especially Midfielders like he has now in Man-city, the fact is when looking @ Lionel Messi(He has a very high unimaginable individual skills no doubt), but Look around him and see those who works with him.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Dnaz(m): 2:30pm On May 19, 2012
I ll vote 4 Ronaldo anyday. I think he is better dan messi dis season. For dose who think he is toop proud, what is wrong with dat, he has everytin unlike messi who was given growth hormone to help him grow. So tell ? y messi won't b humble n loyal to barca 4 rescuing him from dwarfism. Ronaldo is living his life d way God made him if e dey vex u hug transformer. CR7 u r d man

6 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by freecocoa(f): 2:31pm On May 19, 2012
cyril83: Drogba is goin to the pitch with white handkerchief in other to save him some tears...I whew for chelsea
E badu belle won't get you anywhere in life.

Chelsea is lifting that trophy and a thousand people of your like with bad belle won't be able to stop it tongue.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by cyril83(m): 2:31pm On May 19, 2012
kayusfit: @Cyril83; so because Ronaldo played in england means he is better right? Whats so special about english league? Sergio aguero played his first season in england and scored 30 goals for mancity in all competitions. Papi Cisse of Newcastle came in January and was scoring freely in this same premiership. This is the same premiership thierry henry ruled for donkey years without going on a straight 3month injury. As wack as anelka is, he also won premiership topscorer with chelsea. The list goes on. Do we need to Tell Ryan giggs, lampard, gerard, rooney, Terry and ferguson to leave england so we can know they are truly good?? I think you are smoking banana leaves wrapped in wet wrizla.
bros u forgot to mention torres,etoo,ibrahimovich still counting how do they manage their football life wit diff team...the same premiership league thierry henry rule for donkey years without being given world best player,C Ron did it wit jst lil years and won uncontroversial world best...broda I think u r the one smoking a mat stick wake up and stop watchin football frm the back of TV

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Wolves (0 - 1) - Live / Tottenhan Hotspur Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 19th June 2020 / Fans Return To The Stadium In France As PSG Win French Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.