Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Bankers' Forum - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bankers' Forum (89881 Views)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankers' Forum by aristocrat(m): 4:25pm On Apr 02, 2009
pls go and take da job .havnt u heard about d job scarcity in town, besides dis fact marketing is not something hard cos am also a marketer.its even d easiest department in banking cos u market with ride,its stress free.
Re: Bankers' Forum by LeonardH(m): 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2009
Be careful with your job sad
Bankers are the most hated people right now.

Keep low profile grin

Re: Bankers' Forum by teminikan0: 6:47pm On Apr 06, 2009
well quit this non sense, you are not serious at all ok
Re: Bankers' Forum by qkman: 5:26pm On Apr 09, 2009
It actually depends on your unit and how much and effective you are with the job but in the case your home is a travelling distance to your work then u r in for it,people actually slow down because they believe when its late the road is usually free and they et home almost the same time with someone who left during the rush hours.
all the same relate with your employers to fix u in a branch close to your house and u will see the magic.
Re: Bankers' Forum by IFELEKE(m): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2009
rumpkisser:

Nigerian Bankers are so boring.
You mean you are Boring? because I am NOT!
Re: Bankers' Forum by yusufade: 12:34pm On Apr 20, 2009
Most times we bankers don't even have time for ourself not to talk of our immediate families

God will help us shaaaaaaaaa
Re: Bankers' Forum by topsy25(m): 9:56am On Apr 21, 2009
yusufade:

Most times we bankers don't even have time for ourself not to talk of our immediate families

You have a choice. don't u
Re: Bankers' Forum by gbekumoyan(f): 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2009
Hey peeps!

Anybody in the house knows what the penalty for flouting CBN's new interest rate is?

let's rub minds on the implication for the industry. Gr8 weekend y'all.
Re: Bankers' Forum by platinumnk(f): 5:29am On May 03, 2009
yusufade:

so True!! We have no time to ourselves

Id had a horrible week last week at JPChase.
Re: Bankers' Forum by otuwe(f): 11:13pm On May 04, 2009
gbekumoyan:

Hey peeps!

Anybody in the house knows what the penalty for flouting CBN's new interest rate is?

N50million

warning letter

one other thing, av forgotten

yet people no send, they are still giving high rates,
Re: Bankers' Forum by kayourde: 5:24pm On May 06, 2009
no dought about d stress but can any one of you live de job an see what will happen [ u get 1 u no happy]/
Re: Bankers' Forum by IFELEKE(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2009
gbekumoyan:

Hey peeps!

Warning Letter and A 50 Million Naira Fine but oftentime erring banks go unpunished. . .Nah Naija We Dey

yusufade:

Speak for yourself ooo
My bank(New generation) posted me to a semi urban town with little commercial activity so I get time for myself.
Re: Bankers' Forum by JJYOU: 12:30pm On May 14, 2009
IFELEKE:

Warning Letter and A 50 Million Naira Fine but oftentime erring banks go unpunished. . .Nah Naija We Dey
Speak for yourself ooo
My bank(New generation) posted me to a semi urban town with little commercial activity so I get time for myself.

semi urban or rural? you dont work weekends?
Re: Bankers' Forum by IFELEKE(m): 2:39pm On May 16, 2009
JJYOU:

semi urban or rural? you dont work weekends?
Well, I call it semi-urban because the commerce here is way above the rural but beneath the urban.
My bank is a Mon-Fri. One so I don't work weekends.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Finecat(m): 6:52pm On May 21, 2009
Noise from bankers has reduced drastically lately, i woder why. Could it be because they are broke?? grin grin
Re: Bankers' Forum by IFELEKE(m): 6:30pm On May 22, 2009
Finecat:

Noise from bankers has reduced drastically lately, i woder why. Could it be because they are broke?? grin grin
Broke ke?
Am not Broke oo, Am just Dry tongue grin
Re: Bankers' Forum by gyde(m): 2:43pm On May 29, 2009
Are the banks still strong??, embargo on employment, signs of the obvious
Re: Bankers' Forum by DUDU2dCORE(m): 3:39pm On May 29, 2009
Guys wat's good

Just want to know what ebusiness looks like in your bank.

A lot of bank give different definitions to the duties of their e-banking team.

, trying to know what's obtainable industry wide
Re: Bankers' Forum by otuwe(f): 11:51am On Jun 01, 2009
what is the function of QUALITY ASSURANCE UNIT in Union Bank

please i need SPECIFIC details

any union bank staff out there,
Re: Bankers' Forum by SweetT1: 3:48pm On Jun 01, 2009
otuwe:

Otuwe are u still with BankPHB? I have a friend with a lot of deposit in your bank and he scared of the health of the bank. Can you tell me how safe it is with your people?
Re: Bankers' Forum by IFELEKE(m): 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2009
otuwe:

Quality assurance unit in Union Bank? Well, they really need to assure people. grin
Re: Bankers' Forum by aristocrat(m): 4:59pm On Jun 05, 2009
u no no any branch of union bank abi which kind foolish question b dat?
Re: Bankers' Forum by otuwe(f): 12:27am On Jun 07, 2009
aristocrat:

u no no any branch of union bank abi which kind foolish question b dat?

wao this guy is under pressure ooo. eeya pele, but if the job don too much for u y not quit before u kill urself or other people

Sweet T:

Otuwe are u still with BankPHB? I have a friend with a lot of deposit in your bank and he scared of the health of the bank. Can you tell me how safe it is with your people?

all 23 banks are very healthy, no need to fear, who talk say i dey bank phb, i no fit shout ooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Bankers' Forum by filaman: 12:53pm On Jun 11, 2009
@ JANAMI
YOU SAID SMTIN BOUT LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE AT OCEANIC,I'VE HAD ISSUES WIT THAT BANK AND BRANCH AT IYANA IPAJA ABEOKUTA EXP WAY
DERE REALLY SUCK.FEEL YOU,

Re: Bankers' Forum by ahmedng: 12:03am On Jun 19, 2009
platinumnk
yeah really true no time
Re: Bankers' Forum by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2009
U guys are being paid for the time, mind u!!
Do IT professionals in Banking industry experience the samething?
Re: Bankers' Forum by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2009
adapcee! Since u don't want ur years of experience in IT become a waste, u had better not taken the job, even if u'r employed as an IT person, all u'll be doing 4them is pinging and changing of hardware parts. If u can endure and just take ur time, ur own is comming, evn with all the certification u mentioned, when ur time come, sky will be the start!
Re: Bankers' Forum by nairaner(m): 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2009
Hello Bankers. I need you candid advice. I am a 2003 foreign degree holder (wiht professional IT certifications). I have been running my IT business for over 3 years now. Business hasnt been brilliant in the last one year. I am now considering a job in a bank (SBO level and above at least with managerial responsibilities) in the IT department as a Business Analyst. My plan is to have my business running on the side while i earn a salary to keep me going pending when the big financial break comes from the business.

But i hear that it will be impossible to simultaneously work in a Bank and run a business.

Can i have opinions from bankers in IT dept who are currently doin this and the challenges being experienced

Many thanks in advance.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Oludamil(m): 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2009
hello naira-ner,
honestly, u wont find enuf time to run d two together, i'd give u d following options:
1. U may Entrust the business to a trusted partner that would regularly brief u on the activities, performance and state of the business par time & take the bank job
2. U could re-negotiate with the bank to offer your services to them on contract/consultancy basis which'll allow u run ur business simulteneously.
3. If ur business breaks even + little returns, just forget the bank job & strive to increase your returns by expanding your clientelle. It'll be rough now but much more rewarding in the future. IT'S FAR BETTER TO OWN YOUR BUSINESS!!!
Re: Bankers' Forum by otuwe(f): 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2009
who says you cant do both

when its not as if you are in marketing or operations

abeg go and make the money jare

i have a colleague that is a CEO of his own company and still working for the bank, (though his own is stressful cos of the unit we are in) but he is still doing it.
Re: Bankers' Forum by ovieK: 9:57am On Jul 03, 2009
Na wao u lucky u re still there but plsease be carefull,i was dismiss for dry posting imagine i no tiff money,money no loss, these people are heartless and ungrateful therby given me a bad name.So make when the sun is shinning,stay bless
Re: Bankers' Forum by blissieng(f): 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2009
Ok! Me I get something to talk o!!!

Skye bank's got to be the WORST WORST WOOOOORRRRSSSTTTT bank ever in the history of the world! including togo, congo etc.

My cousin and I opened an accnt with these idiot in April, returned to london shortly afterwards. We called the bank manager and the officer in charge of our accnt, asked them abt buying dollars etc.
They said no probs, we told them that we're going to buy ticket and be there on a thursday, the idiots including a whole bank manager gave us his words.

Can anyone imagine? They didnt have it when we got there, they asked us to go to their head office, na so so waka we come dey wak o! story story!!!
I'm so pissed off! and all this nonsense after person don change the pounds oh! they say make I go uy from black market!!!!!

What nonsense! where is that done? a BANK refering u 2 the black market?!? Bloddy imcompetent idiotic excuse for a bank!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

Pay Structure of Most Nigerian companies as at February 2017 / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja / 10 Jobs That Look Poor But Are Very Lucrative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.