Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,746 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:57 AM

Bankers' Forum - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bankers' Forum (91418 Views)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankers' Forum by cerezo: 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2008
Took me a while b4 locating this great room.
Something very critical and criminal came to ma mind.
The issue of Bankers' Union in Nigeria is worrying ma soul.

Critical in the sense that, it might be the solution for bank employees and criminal because
the so called employers (Nigerian Banks) throw a lot shits (sorry for dat word) at employees.

I really wanna know if one exists, if yes, wat is it doing?
if not, why?

I really dont mind anybody's opinion abt this topic.
Re: Bankers' Forum by ahwuyen(m): 1:21pm On Jul 09, 2008
can anyone tell me the annual pay of ETB
Re: Bankers' Forum by Uchek(m): 1:52am On Jul 15, 2008
Delaronte: Be blessed for your frank and insider insight. The banks declare billions yet real investment and small businesses are not funded. What intelligence and creativity do you need to learn money to Dangote Industry. He will always pay given his assets. The real banking lies in discovering an entreprenuer with passion and courage (ala Google, Netflix, You Tube) and husbanding his or her ideas into game-changing and industry transforming business.

Sadly our banks are light years away.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Ndipe(m): 2:22am On Jul 15, 2008
Re: Bankers' Forum by aderonke12: 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hello bankers,
I am not a banker, in fact I am still an applicant but working in a place where i collect guguru money. To think i graduated with a good grade. Never mind, grade is nothing again. The major thing is connection. Please I will be glad if someone can help me ouuuuuuuuuuuuttttttt. I need a job so badly. I dont mind closing 12pm, provided they will pay me well. Thank you. You can email me on aderonke12@yahoo.com or 08023791952. I AM DEAD SERIOUS ABOUT THIS.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Seun(m): 7:45am On Jul 24, 2008
What university degree should one obtain if one wants to be a banker?
Re: Bankers' Forum by seun001(m): 10:04am On Jul 24, 2008
any degree will do,just as u get someone to drag u in.
Re: Bankers' Forum by folusho90: 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2008
Can u get a copy of any cheque from a FAT account within intercontinental, skye and wema?
I have solid connection within the system that can do magic
EFCC proof.

text my number and i'll call u
Re: Bankers' Forum by Mustay(m): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2008
What about the CIBN certificate?

How necessary is it to the banks?
Re: Bankers' Forum by seun001(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2008
Mustay:

What about the CIBN certificate?

How necessary is it to the banks?

an addtional qualification is absolutely neccesary since B.sc is now common place.u never know when it will come in handy.
Re: Bankers' Forum by folusho90: 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2008
Have you got access to intercontinental or skye bank checks with FAT accounts?
I have 'connections' within those banks who can do magic. EFCC-proof. All we need is a copy of an issued check

Call me on 07034417145 for details
Re: Bankers' Forum by winnie2000(f): 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2008
@amievivian
"hey!! are u guys saying that we, u know, the unemployed corpers like me shld lay off the banking scene?! i mean you're really scaring me off,
still at work by 10pm?!"

My Response to Amievivian
I think your individual preferences and strenghts are key when choosing a career and not what others may think or experience. What others may regard as stress and completely demotivating could be a source of inspiration for you because it is your passion.Here are some of the likely questions you should answer before choosing a career or job hunting-what do you hope to achieve in say 3-5 yrs,what are your goals , passions etc? Is the job in line with what you hope would give you the necesary platform to jump start your career?,if they are then you would more likely than not be able to defy the odds and acheive excellence in your choosen field .

I'm a Banker myself and its been very educative and challenging and I couldn't possible have been happier or more fufilled anywhere else.

So amievivian, I would engourage you to follow your passion ,you'll never get it wrong that way.
Re: Bankers' Forum by kzo0509: 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2008
can someone tell me how i can get a loan to buy car for business use, i need a loan to purchase a certain specify car for a contract purpose with a newspaper company, the car will be use to transport there product to there various deport across some region of the country, kindly forward all the requirement to my mail box.
kfad0509@hotmail.com
Thank
Re: Bankers' Forum by Urchie(f): 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2008
Hello house,
I hope we still have bankers in this place.
I have an offer to pick up from Oceanic bank on Monday as an ET and also Fidelity bank later next week.

Please house which one should i go for?

Lets consider all the pros and cons cos im not just interested in the pay alone but all about carrier building, job security, less pressure in case of marketing, and promotions.
Thanks for yours intended response
Re: Bankers' Forum by Creamish(f): 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2008
If i waz u, id go for Oceanic . . i actually have dat in mind. . . dunno if ur gonna be in marketn or operations dept but d payz good. Its secure too. wink
Re: Bankers' Forum by Urchie(f): 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2008
tnx very much my dear creamish though i hav long picked ma offer from Oceanic Bank.
Everyone kept encouraging that same Oceanic.
Re: Bankers' Forum by slyk2(m): 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2008
I feel sorry for bankers.

How can someone be given N500m as deposits to source in 3 months.

The stress is seen in their life, no time for self and families, long hours of working, leaving home too early, the worst is zero job security.

God help them.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Chilily(f): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2008
undecidedim kinda gettng scared of d whole banking thing based on d fact dat i wudnt b able 2hve time 4myslf talk more of my kids(when the time comes)im a yr 2student of banking and finance @imsu,tel me wat its like out there and if d long workng thing is evrywhere.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Scopium: 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2008
[size=13pt]I hated bank job as a kid because my uncle was an executive then. Still hate it but I don't mind a job there now. I'll cope.[/size]
Re: Bankers' Forum by publisher(m): 5:26pm On Oct 21, 2008
Banking is somewhat like dancing with the devil on God's dance floor. The good,bad and ugly seem to envelope ones life such that you no longer know the difference. However, no matter how stressful the job is,once you see your pay cheques or withness the payment of fat bonuses fondly refered to as 'GBEMU',life begins to seem beautiful.
Bankers have lots of stories to tell,from the motivational to the most outrageous.
I and a group of others are on the verge of launching a new magazine centred around bankers.
We would like to get gossips,true stories,pay rises ,jokes,you name it, as articules for this new publication.

Send your contributions to soulmanstan @ yahoo.com.

Write your heart out, we will publish your story.
Re: Bankers' Forum by prizeless(m): 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2008
Banking is one crazy hell of a job, u got the cash rolling in sha
Re: Bankers' Forum by cocod(m): 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2008
Re: Bankers' Forum by georgies(m): 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2008
CABAL IS A MISTERY THAT IS BETTER SILENT THAN DISCUSSED.
IT CAN MAKE OR MAR YOU
THE FEAR AND CONCIOUS OF CABAL IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM
CABAL WILL PROMOTE YOU OR ADVICE YOU TO RESIGN
IT WILL MAKE YOU A HAPPY MARKETER OR SAD ONE
CABAL HAS CHASED PEOPLE FROM MARKETING TO OPERATION BUT CHOICE OR FORCE
WHAT MOR SHOULD I SAY?RESPECT AND BE MINDFUL OF CABAL.
NEVERTHELESS,CABAL OR NO CABAL WE ARE STILL IN BUSINESS AND DOING WELL.
Re: Bankers' Forum by alamtex06: 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2008
Bankers are the one enjoying in this country,they have the money around them and flaunt it anytime they feel like.i like them nd so also want to be a banker.
Re: Bankers' Forum by funshiba(m): 7:58am On Oct 23, 2008
THE FEAR OF CABAL IS THE BEGINING OF WISDOM, CABAL NA GHOST, MARKETERS SING IT DAILY.

THIS IS THE ACCOUNTS UNDER UR CONTROL. I MONIOTOR MINE DAILY AND READ IT LIKE THE BIBLE
Re: Bankers' Forum by mamaorga(f): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2008
If u are in The banking sector no be easy thing ooooo
u spend all ur time at work, no time for ur personal life ,
e no be easy is all about the benjamins baby,

so thats the sacrifice u make for making dem cool bucks,

wish u guys all da best though
Re: Bankers' Forum by funshiba(m): 6:36am On Oct 24, 2008
HELLO FRIENDZ,

how are u today, i dont know bout other banks but im glad, today is pay day!!!!!!,

just saying wasup,

most importantly i need deposits, i need this to book more risk asset i have exceeded my LDR (LOAN DEPOSIT RATIO). painfully i have a big transaction to book.

kindly help if u are in a better position.

v a safe day friendz
Re: Bankers' Forum by husseyn(m): 8:17am On Oct 25, 2008
Hi friendz,
Am really glad a forum like this exist for those of usĀ  that work in one of of the vibrant sector of our economy . I have not really had enough to time to visit nairaland for some time now.

As you know all the stress can be killing most especially, when bosses are killing u with unimaginable targets. the most funny thing is that most of them didn't go through this stress when they started banking[/color].

I almost went nuts recently because of financial year end target!! And the most annoying thing people who don't know what you go through will keep on bugging u 4 quid simply because all because you work in a bank!!

But I give to the glory almighty God for providing me with this Job because some of my mate that we graduated together five years ago are still searching for placement.and the pay sweet!!
Re: Bankers' Forum by Yucee: 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2008
u dont because of d stress n run away, am a banker also, is an industry people complain bt dont resign. d pay keeps u going esp when u ve other plans for life. u ve to be wise. is ok 4 young people expect u r dos set of people dat doesnt want stress den join d ministry. i enjoy my job
Re: Bankers' Forum by lmaher: 1:29am On Oct 26, 2008
Is there a bank called International Bank of Africa in Abuja, Nigeria?
Re: Bankers' Forum by DisGuy: 7:57pm On Oct 27, 2008
lmaher:

Is there a bank called International Bank of Africa in Abuja, Nigeria?

no, there is a United bank for Africa UBA and Intercontinental bank

do banks have separate positions or do they just call everyone a 'Banker' ? undecided
Re: Bankers' Forum by Exstar(f): 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2008
I,d like to work in the bank, any connections or informations, pls?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply)

10 Jobs That Look Poor But Are Very Lucrative / Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips / Why Do Judges Destroy Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.