Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,668 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Bankers' Forum - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bankers' Forum (89816 Views)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankers' Forum by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 30, 2008
Hello, bankers in the house, I'm not a banker but I must admit hate banking job, and I can't work in bank; one, for religious purpose and secondly I don't think I can cope under the stress of closing late and all these outrageous targets. I can't work under outrageous pressure. If at all I will work in bank(God forbids) it won't be in Head Office or Lagos, I'll rather prefer a branch in the North(not village, but preferably state capital, and with airport) where the stress(closing late,hold-up again etc) will be minimal.

If anything the only aspect of banking I like is investment banking. I worked briefly as an investment banker before moving on and i liked it.

Also, please note that bankers are not as rich as people see them. They have tendency to live flamboyantly, expensive clothes, expensive cars etc but inside they are not as rich as you see them. I'm very sure of this.
Re: Bankers' Forum by madeonline(m): 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2008
i love investment banking ,
Re: Bankers' Forum by iyeayo(f): 8:03am On Nov 01, 2008
Also, please note that bankers are not as rich as people see them. They have tendency to live flamboyantly, expensive clothes, expensive cars etc but inside they are not as rich as you see them. I'm very sure of this.

Ife-eco-06, abeg explain this statement further, as I am dreaming of leaving my current job overseas to join the banking sector in Nigeria. Do you mean the banking career is not as good as it sounds?
Re: Bankers' Forum by HYBRIDX(m): 5:52pm On Nov 09, 2008
[b]@ife eco 06

guy take a chill pill ,quit hating on this bankers . . . . .abi banker collect ur wife lol . . . .

well banking aint bad from my own view. . . .its a profession that exposes u to a lot of stuffs biz wise . . . . .i knw a lot of ex-bankers doing good business today as a result of contact made while they were in d banking industry . . . . .guys, a lot of big stuffs happen on a daily basis in the industry . . . . there are so many nigerians that are not politicians but are making millions on a monthly basis people . . . . .there bankers alone are aware (especially the marketers that manage this accounts) . . . . there are opportunities that abound in the industry . . . .i for one have had direct experiences . . . .guys a lots going down . . .and besides the pay is good . . . .so if i were u and u have the opportunity of working in a bank . . .pls grab it with both hands abeg . . . .even if u dnt like the job. . . .endure ,be at ur best and i assure u beyond the skies will b ur limit . . .

[/b]
Re: Bankers' Forum by server34(m): 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2008
True dat. Av also worked in a bank before now. There's d pressure, but there's also d good sides to it. If ur good at it, the sky is ur limit. Those who are in it because they love the profession are the ones that excell d most, if ur working in a bank just because of ur monthly salary, then ur sure neva a happy fellow.
Re: Bankers' Forum by egoldman(m): 9:34pm On Nov 09, 2008
What is the possibility of opening a bank account in Nigeria, while one is based overseas, does any bank offer this services ?
Re: Bankers' Forum by LondonCool(m): 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2008
Re: Bankers' Forum by FunmyKemmy(f): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2008
Hi all,

Once again, I am using this medium to inform all the people working in banks to keep me posted whenever there is vacancy for a Secretary in your branch offices. My e-mail address is ayokemi2003@yahoo.com.

Thanking you all in anticipation of your favourable replies.

Funmy
Re: Bankers' Forum by blueblood1(m): 11:45pm On Nov 12, 2008
bankers kwenu!

i wonder if the likes of akingbola had to wok this excrutiatingly hard to rise to the top. i pity us well well cry cry
pls who works wit standard chartered bank. i plan to work with that bank. can u give me a 411 on the bank . it seems a quiet, original, stressless bank(the ideal bank) and my targets are breaking my bak! sad
Re: Bankers' Forum by oleigh(m): 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2008
abeg nairalanders bank wuk na very stressful wuk o, especially if u be marketer and u con be junior marketer,i wuk wit oceanic bank as a marketer omo its very stressful.
Re: Bankers' Forum by loffers(m): 6:37pm On Nov 14, 2008
bank work nah omo wa se orise
especially if u are in marketin, even operations pple self dey complain
Re: Bankers' Forum by ekas(f): 11:57pm On Nov 19, 2008
@server34 please whats going on in your bank about the next batch of awaiting trainees?
its been a month plus since the previous batch finished,and the final batch has not been called.
Re: Bankers' Forum by thetruth90: 9:39am On Nov 21, 2008
another forum of redundant souls who sit all day long looking after other peoples monies but with empty pockets.
Re: Bankers' Forum by waleDon1(m): 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2008
Re Oleigh
pally i think despite u r junior Marketer wit Oceanic,if u r able to get ur better qualifications,and able to serve wit b bank,oceanic is d best place to work.cos am a staff also.d NAME is already there.no much of marketing job
Re: Bankers' Forum by ayodel(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2009
you banker of the millenium, na waooooooooooooooooooo.

have you ever know that you may get fired at any time because your salary is

not your resources but your source.

so, let us remember that as old bankers got fired in year2006/2007 likewise we may get fire.

please let us be mindful of our journey.

be self employ.look inward .

do not only make money for your master but be your own boss.

digest this.

thanks.
Re: Bankers' Forum by uknw: 9:21pm On Feb 04, 2009
life is simple, i have challenges and targets to meet and i do my best to meet them, i might complain forever but i luv my job, i might tell everyone i work 9-5 but inwardly i knw i wouldn't trade my job for anything, i luv my job i won't lie grin, it's stressful but i luv it, if u hate bankers then u don't knw them, if u complain bout them then u r a bit short-sighted, bankers r just ur everyday pple trying to make a living just like u, the proffession requires u to b on ur toes and think smart and besides u get paid well, i really don't c what d complaining i all bout, with wats happenin nw all we hav to do is work smart and work hard, and thats my 2cents cool
Re: Bankers' Forum by charles316: 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2009
hate to work in d bank.the money is there.but no challenges.besides, what bank babes do-horrible.
Re: Bankers' Forum by princedrop(m): 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2009
hey pple, i love the job cause i gat place to go.but my question is that i can spend what i earn.Resuming by 8am and close 10pm.getting home by 11pm mon-fri.its crasy man.i wish i cud get busy doing another job

fucking stressful. seeing millions, billions daily it fun[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Bankers' Forum by GODWYNS: 5:24pm On Feb 12, 2009
BANKING JOB IS GOOD, IF YOU HAVE ALL IT TAKES TO JOIN .,,,ABOUT THE STRESS, WHEN YOU GO HOME AND THE TAKE HOME DEPEND ON THE UNIT ,HOUSE LOCATION AND THE BANK WHERE YOU FIND YOURSELF, BANKS HAS HOW THEY OPERATE.LIKE WHERE I FIND MYSELF, WHEN I WAS WORKING IN CASH, (TELLERING).I GET TO MY HOUSE BY 4:30 - 5:30PM, WHICH IS NOT BAD.WHEN I WAS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, I GET HOME BY 4:30PM.MY FRIEND AND COLLEAGUE IN ACCOUNTS AND CLEARING GETS TO HIS HOUSE BY 4:15PM, EXCEPTIONS, (WHEN HE IS POSTING OR PAYING SALARY. LET ME STOP HERE. BUT IF YOU ARE THE SYSTEM ADDMINISTRATOR, YOU ARE BOUND TO GET HOME BY 8:30- 10PM.BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SHUT DOWN THE SYSTEM.THE MAIN THING ATTACHED TO THE LATENESS IS THE DISTANCE BETWEEN YOUR HOME AND THE BANK.
Re: Bankers' Forum by GODWYNS: 5:34pm On Feb 12, 2009
MONNA, BANKING JOB IS OK!, BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM IS MANAGING THE PEOPLE YOU ARE WORKING WITH,COZ SOME PPLP DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN THE INDUSTRY,

AS A LADY,, YOU HAVE TO EARN SOMETIME.
Re: Bankers' Forum by afrika(f): 2:36pm On Feb 14, 2009
uuummmmm, i cant really picture it. hmmmmm DIAMOND bank seems different then. we close office work and leave by 5.40pm highest.

its on rare cases that we close 6.30pm. i mean, its fun cos,
But for those complainin, U cant jus eat your cake and still have it.

take care, ONE LUV cool
Re: Bankers' Forum by binahmad(m): 11:13am On Feb 15, 2009
hmmmmmm smiley smiley

simply, no comment.

lipsrsealed
Re: Bankers' Forum by awedej2001: 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2009
please i need an update on banks in nigeria i heard they are laying off and reducing salaries.
Re: Bankers' Forum by missagbaa(f): 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2009
banking is hectic but its interesting too.don't be discouraged at all.cheers wink
Re: Bankers' Forum by rumpkisser(m): 11:00pm On Feb 16, 2009
Gosh!!! You guys need to worry a lot.

I hear and read from somewhere here that most of you people don't perform well in the most sacred and ethereal pleasure of Romping.

Ah mean Sex

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Bankers' Forum by ticktick: 7:29am On Feb 17, 2009
lol
Re: Bankers' Forum by rumpkisser(m): 8:18am On Feb 17, 2009
@tick2, meaning?
Re: Bankers' Forum by TynaTyla: 10:07am On Feb 18, 2009
Hey Guys,

Wel I'm no banker but what better place to find information?
Please can any of the bankers in the house give me some feed back on the bank phb test held in Abuja on the 24th of January, 2009. Following the test, i recieved a mail (dated 2nd February) stating that i had passed the test and would be contacted via phone in two weeks about the next phase of the recruitment. two weeks up already and i haven't been contacted yet.

Do i need to go and find out from one of their branches or contact human resources, please advice or i'd be grateful for any information.

Thanks.
Re: Bankers' Forum by binahmad(m): 11:22am On Feb 18, 2009
You r tired of waiting, right?

Maybe that is why you even choose to enter our forum, abi?

Dont worry, just contact their Human Resource, using your Ref No
Re: Bankers' Forum by dapsycool(m): 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2009
After going through this thread, now I understand why Nigerian banks are shit, just like their workers angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
you sit your lazy ass doing nothing, thinking you are working, getting paid in thousands. What you are meant to do, u aint doing it, you waste so much time doing what a simple computer program can do. angry angry angry angry angry angry
I rest my case for now undecided
"Calling GTB, where the Bleep is my money?" angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Bankers' Forum by Skywalker5(m): 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2009
dapsycool:

After going through this thread, now I understand why Nigerian banks are shit, just like their workers angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
you sit your lazy ass doing nothing, thinking you are working, getting paid in thousands. What you are meant to do, u aint doing it, you waste so much time doing what a simple computer program can do. angry angry angry angry angry angry
I rest my case for now undecided
"Calling GTB, where the Bleep is my money?" angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Guy relax now winki think u a hater grin grin grin
Re: Bankers' Forum by scorpio1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2009
Ndi-Aguu!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply)

Pay Structure of Most Nigerian companies as at February 2017 / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja / 10 Jobs That Look Poor But Are Very Lucrative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.