Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,110 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:26 AM

Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa (19027 Views)

Prof Mohamood Yusuf: Top 10 Things You Need To Know About The New INEC Boss / Yemisi Suswam Escapes Mob Action In Abuja / Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by PapaBrowne(m): 2:49am On May 20, 2012
By Aliyu Dangida
Jega, INEC boss, escapes mob attack in Jigawa

Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Attahiru Mohammed Jega, reportedly escaped death, yesterday, when some youths attacked him at the palace of the Emir of Kazaure, Alhaji Najib Hussaini Adamu, in Jigawa State.

Jega was said to be in the town to attend the wedding of the daughter of emir. It was gathered that trouble started around 12:30 pm when the INEC boss was coming out of the palace and the youths identified him.

A young girl allegedly led the attack when she collected sand and threw it at the vehicle in which the INEC chairman was riding. Then the youths, Sunday Vanguard learnt, in hundreds, began to hurl stones at Jega’s convoy. Several cars in the convoy were said to have been damaged and their glasses smashed. Sources said the situation would have been worse but for the intervention of security forces. The youths sang war songs alleging betrayal on Jega’s path.

“You cheated us, you cheated the North, you declared falsed result, you denied General Buhari the chance to be the president of Nigeria, it was injustice, we will not forgive you”, some of them said..

[b]Another drama played out immediately thereafter when retired Major General Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the Congress of Progressive Change (CPC), arrived the scene. The youths hailed him, saying he was the answer to Nigerians socio-economic, political, religious and ethnic problems. [/b]Contacted, however, the Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Abdul, Jinjiri denied the attack on Jega.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/jega-inec-boss-escapes-mob-attack-in-jigawa/

1 Like

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by jmaine: 2:54am On May 20, 2012
How interesting . . .This is what we were talking about . . . .So much for "Figurative Proverb" . . . .
Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by PapaBrowne(m): 2:57am On May 20, 2012
So much for "Figurative Proverb".

And it is not yet 2015!! They've started their masters bidding.

1 Like

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by jmaine: 3:00am On May 20, 2012
You can Just imagine . . .and people will come here telling us that 95 % of those useless illiterates understood " The Figurative Proverb" of their lord . . .2015 will be quite interesting to the owners and trainers of the Dogs and baboons . .

Another drama played out immediately thereafter when retired Major General Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the Congress of Progressive Change (CPC), arrived the scene. The youths hailed him, saying [s]he was the answer to Nigerians socio-economic, political, religious and ethnic problems[/s].

Am sure the grinning vampire felt so cool and secured being around his violent uncultured illiterate animals . . .

7 Likes

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by Nobody: 3:28am On May 20, 2012
If they can do this to Jega, their own, imagine what will happen to the ordinary southerners come 2015! He who have hears let him hear now, the dog and the baboons will be soaked in blood, but will surely live to see the after effect of their war, but what of the grasses at the scene of the war?

5 Likes

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by egift(m): 3:59am On May 20, 2012
So JEGA, would have gotten a red carpet in the South-South if Buhari was a winner in an election that is filled with magic numbers.

Summery: "A clear conscience fear no allegation" grin

3 Likes

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by egift(m): 4:07am On May 20, 2012
Here is an example of what it means to rig an election?

1. Election between Mr T (he is good, got plans and ready to deliver to the people) and Mr Y (own the most dangerous criminals in town, care only for himself and associates, got no plan for the people)

2. At the polls, of 1,000,000 voters, Mr T 80% and Mr Y 20% = Candidate, Mr T should win.

3. After, snatching ballots, killing, intimidating, bribing, bombing, kidnapping, funding, shooting, manipulating, stuffing per-thumbprinted ballots, etc - INEC now officially announced Mr T 13% and Mr Y 87% - Candidate Mr Y is the winner!

4. At the tribunal, courts and others the is no enough logic to rectify all the stolen votes

And for some people, benefactors, supporters, family and friends - nothing is wrong. wooow!

6 Likes

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by Odunnu: 4:07am On May 20, 2012
Even chics are not left out. I am impressed, my sisters are getting out of their shells, even though they are agains the good guys
Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by OAM4J: 5:21am On May 20, 2012
And 2015 is still almost 3yrs away.
Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by egift(m): 5:30am On May 20, 2012
OAM4J: And 2015 is still almost 3yrs away.
Reason is that everyone has giving up on President Jonathan. If his administration is any good people will be concerned about today. Sadly that Jonathan and PDP are also all about 2015 is even more disgraceful.

If elections are called today, majority of Nigerians will support a change. Nigerians have passed through challenges, but never have we been this disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by FrankC3: 6:36am On May 20, 2012
@egift Why are you celebrating this? Does this represent your idea of social order where the rule of law prevails? In whose power is it to declare elections rigged? Is this some sort of intimidation or what? INEC is wrong, police is wrong, the courts, all the way to the peak are all wrong and you and Buhari and a mob of almajiris are the only ones right?
Na war oh!

1 Like

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by MrGlobe(m): 6:37am On May 20, 2012
Let us immediately begin to set in motion the break up of Nigeria. Now! Even sudan did not get to this level of madness

1 Like

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by Nobody: 6:47am On May 20, 2012
That is why i was against buhari when he made his seemingly 'honest' comments. The street almajiri will never understand what he truly meant, and they will just be needlessly bringing down lives of southern infidel 'dogs and baboons'.
Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by Nobody: 6:50am On May 20, 2012
Arrant nonsense, am sure buhari and that emir arranged those mobs against JEGA, so they meant that Jega should have declared buhari even when he did not win. Thunder fire all of una mouth.

Am waiting for 2015, Buhari no go smell aso rock instead let Naija Divide.

6 Likes

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by Nobody: 6:52am On May 20, 2012
valacious: That is why i was against buhari when he made his seemingly 'honest' comments. The street almajiri will never understand what he truly meant, and they will just be needlessly bringing down lives of southern infidel 'dogs and baboons'.

Hey watch your mouth

1 Like

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by Nobody: 6:54am On May 20, 2012
Nigeria will surely break up I̶̲̥̅̊n 2015 from †ЂΞ look of tins, & its sure goin τ̅o be bloody ǰUsτ like buhari said.
Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by kheart(m): 6:56am On May 20, 2012
Dem f**k up dat guy deserve d beatin of his life 4 declarin a wiklin as we presidnt.

1 Like

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by Nobody: 6:59am On May 20, 2012
kheart: Dem f**k up dat guy deserve d beatin of his life 4 declarin a wiklin as we presidnt.

If you have been in GEJ shoes as president and this things are happening now what would you have done? Tell me.

2 Likes

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by ektbear: 7:01am On May 20, 2012
Odd coincidence. So Buhari also was there for this wedding, I take it?

Anyway, Jega helped rig an election in Nigeria. Or at a minimum, was silent and watched it be rigged.

So of course he won't be popular in some parts of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by kheart(m): 7:03am On May 20, 2012
gboss4sure: Arrant nonsense, am sure buhari and that emir arranged those mobs against JEGA, so they meant that Jega should have declared buhari even when he did not win. Thunder fire all of una mouth.

Am waiting for 2015, Buhari no go smell aso rock instead let Naija Divide.
enemy of progres. I ll declare sarah jibril as presidnt if i was in jega shoes
Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by katrimba1: 7:03am On May 20, 2012
where are we heading to now?
can someone sug,est to us!
Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by cyril83(m): 7:04am On May 20, 2012
Jenams: Nigeria will surely break up I̶̲̥̅̊n 2015 from †ЂΞ look of tins, & its sure goin τ̅o be bloody ǰUsτ like buhari said.
I can't wait to witness the break ups...Tanks for giving me hope anyway

1 Like

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by Chubhie: 7:07am On May 20, 2012
This country is still in a state of nature where might is right.... The rule of law and order must be restored urgently. As the saying goes naija na jungle. To all the good men and women of naija who constantly do battle of survival against all odds to make ends you've got my respect. Jega seems a nice guy to me tho.

1 Like

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by mkpologwu(m): 7:08am On May 20, 2012
Buhari: I must marry u!

Naija: No, I've not recovered from d shock of my first marriage with u.

Buhari: I must marry u at all cost!

Naija: Pls not again, pls!

Buhari: By force! Otherwise ur hole will bleed come 2015!

Naija: Let's wait and see!

1 Like

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by mozkunzult: 7:08am On May 20, 2012
but why should such thing happen..... jega is only a presiding officer and not the electorate... so many illitrates in d north they should better go to school.... cos even d man dey fight for never helped them during his time of rule not to talk of now when our money is no longer in thousands but billions no zillions angry

1 Like

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by ziccoit: 7:10am On May 20, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Let us immediately begin to set in motion the break up of Nigeria. Now! Even sudan did not get to this level of madness

Breaking up Nigeria would take more than 20yrs. This would not come so easy as series of wars would ensue that would bring Nigeria to dust. Many life would be lost. In fact, you people would be begging to stay together again by the time it all ends.You secessionists should understand what you are asking for.

1 Like

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by Nobody: 7:15am On May 20, 2012
Odunnu: Even chics are not left out. I am impressed, my sisters are getting out of their shells, even though they are agains the good guys

How is this related to this topic?
Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by AustineE1: 7:16am On May 20, 2012
The north has continuously shown that the are the albatross of this country,a region built on crude,unrefined violent culture!All it takes for innocent blood to get spilled in the streets of north,is one unguided statement from their theiving elites.As long as Nigeria keep existing as one,it will always be one step forward two steps backward,courtesy of the North!Buhari has shown either by associatn or his utterances that he has no intension of being a national leader,he has always positioned himself as a Fulani Hausa leader and let it remain that way....when Yaradua was half-dead and GEJ was meant to take over and the drama that played out,people like Buhari never said or condemn the action,cos anything north is right and Just!His fulani tribes men has been ravaging the minority christain northern tribes in the worst form of brutality and yet Buhari has nt deemed it fit to condemn the act or call them to order!

3 Likes

Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by Ekowise(m): 7:17am On May 20, 2012
I dnt suport any of dem, i hate dem of bcz they ar thieves. Ever since d fool b4 2007 electn said: let xtain vote 4 xtain nd muslin vote muslin. Dat day i knw he wil neva rule dis country excepj we divide. As 4 Jega,......
Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by imparable7(m): 7:19am On May 20, 2012
thanks oh
Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by kheart(m): 7:22am On May 20, 2012
mozkunzult: but why should such thing happen..... jega is only a presiding officer and not the electorate... so many illitrates in d north they should better go to school.... cos even d man dey fight for never helped them during his time of rule not to talk of now when our money is no longer in thousands but billions no zillions angry
clap for ursef. They shld beter go to skul? Seriously.
Re: Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa by RuuDie(m): 7:24am On May 20, 2012
Youths attacked the Emir of Kazaure's palace. . . in fact this na FAT LIE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? / "I'm Still In APC" - Governor Ortom Says After Secret Talks With PDP Leaders / We Have Intelligence That Names Won't Be On Ballot Boxes - LP Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.