Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? (16853 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:34pm On May 29, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Dear friend amor4ce:
Thank you for your beautiful contribution. It is really important.
I hope you do not interpret my comment as a criticism of you, it is not my intention. Your opinion is as valid as mine, just that in my research I learned that a coincidence (or more) does not even merit mention.
The snake was a symbol in the vast majority of religions.
With respect to the coincidence in names, take the example just to Yewa, originally from Egwado (Dahomey). Yewa is related to death and especially the cemetery (I did not want to dwell here in detail all features) and female chastity and sterility.
Done this brief analysis of the African Orisa Yewa, I find no relation whatsoever to the Jewish god Jahve.
You think are related?. From the anthropological point of view, the phonetic similarity of a name does not merit even bother to open an investigation.

An example ... Jesus and Esu have some phonetic similarity, but you think you have a single point of contact?
It's just my opinion, very positive and I think every contribution, every exchange of views.
Best wishes!

ahahahaahahahhaaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD ONE PTOLEMY! grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

jesus = esu = an evil trickster cheesy cheesy

(according to jewishface/amor4ace)
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:35pm On May 29, 2012
what amor4ace doesnt know is that Snakes are worshipped even now, especially in Asia, and in SOuth India, where a large number of Snake-Cults thrive.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:11pm On May 29, 2012
The phonetic similarity between Yeve and Ewe.
As far as I've researched (the yurubá have the last word), Ewe is a word of greeting to the Orisa Ossayin (Osayn). Ewe! (again, as far as I could research) means "Oh the leaves".
This occurs because the Orisa Ossayin owner of the leaves, and hence healing ... I also find no relationship between the expression Ewe and Yeve figure ...
But let us something further: forget phonetic issues, and go to functional issues.
We can find similarities between Esu, Hermes, Mercury, etc ...
Many functions are identical. But if we study in depth, we realize that the religious structures of these religions call for a communicator. From the anthropological point of view, not for then look for an association between Hermes, Mercury and Esu. Find a link of that type, or attempt to "force" a relationship among religions, would lead us to an inevitable loss of time and scientific ridicule.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:25pm On May 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
what amor4ace doesnt know is that Snakes are worshipped even now, especially in Asia, and in SOuth India, where a large number of Snake-Cults thrive.

Thank you dear friend!

The sacred serpent of the Fon, was named Dan.
a hug

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:43pm On May 29, 2012
Mercury is the same as Shango. bot are Gods of War/destructive forces.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:36pm On May 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
Mercury is the same as Shango. bot are Gods of War/destructive forces.

Yes they have contact points. We may also associate with Ogun us not forget that Ogun is the war for the war itself, the uncrowned king. There are many parallels, but that does not mean that one is a history of the other. We may also associate Sango with Thor ... I think that looking for such associations often generates confusion rather than clarify ...
Personally, I hate the syncretism that often is made between Orisa and Catholic saints.
Orisa is not a saint ... and Osun there is nothing equal to the Immaculate Conception, Ogun is not St. George!
But do not forget that major changes in traditional religion began in Africa before slavery, as many Vodun were treated as Orisa Vodun. (Nana Mburuku, Somponno, Osumaré ...)
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by amor4ce(m): 10:20pm On May 29, 2012
I know very little of the Yoruba Orisha, and even the Yoruba language, else I would have done my own analysis and seen what you pointed out as the difference between Yewa and Yehve. But it doesn't change the meaning of Yehve/Yeve/Yihwe except Modupe Oduyoye got it wrong. Note that this same Oduyoye was able to demonstrate that the Biblical Nod is Ondo and that Cain is Ogun though my counter argument is that Tubal-Cain, the instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron who most likely lived in Ondo/Nod, is in fact Ogun (see Genesis 4:16,32). Also, I did not allude to anything about snake worship but I think it is well explained in this document (quite lengthy but insightful).

*Yoruba ajo is cognate with Hebrew Haj and Arabic Hajj
*“Alhaji” is cognate with Yoruba Alejo
*Igbo “dibia” (medicine man) is cognate (has the same origin) with Arabic “tibia” (Physician, doctor)
the irun-prefix in Yoruba Irunmale (divinities) hitherto thought to be “400” to the Arabic” word harem and Hebrew herem both of which convey the idea of “sacred” or “holy”
*Ijebu “Lisa” (chief of first rank) to Igbo “Olise” (“God” as in Olisemeka) to “Lesa” among the Ambo of Malawi, the Barotse, the Bemba, the Kaonde, Lala, Lamba; the “l-s” consonantal root (which liquid forms are r-s” “l-z” “r-th” which all convey the idea of “head” “chief” first”) is cognate with Hebrew “rosh” (first) to Arabic “ras,” Aramaic “resh” and Akkadian “rishu”. And to Yoruba “Orisha”; Hebrew “Harison-iym” is translated “Ancestors” in Psalm 79.8 , the “-iym” being a mere plural suffix in Hebrew
*gibbor-iym (Yoruba al-agbara)

The name Jesus is derived from the Greek Zeus/IeZeus/JeZeus and is counterfeit. In 168BC Antiochus IV Epiphanes set up an altar to Zeus on top of God's altar in the Temple at Jerusalem. After 135 AD the Romans shattered the people of Judah, destroyed the Temple, and built on that site a temple to Jupiter (Roman name for Zeus). Blacks were driven away from the Levant and their populations replaced. The culprits have been preparing to repeat same here in Nigeria by various means including abandoning/doubting our history. They tried earlier during the slave trade and we should thank Olodumare for using mosquitoes to weaken them - note that they've been spending a lot of resources to shield themselves from tropical diseases like malaria to make our land hospitable for them. It is not for nothing that in the past, Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone were called the white man's grave.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:04pm On May 30, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Yes they have contact points. We may also associate with Ogun us not forget that Ogun is the war for the war itself, the uncrowned king. There are many parallels, but that does not mean that one is a history of the other. We may also associate Sango with Thor ... I think that looking for such associations often generates confusion rather than clarify ...
Personally, I hate the syncretism that often is made between Orisa and Catholic saints.
Orisa is not a saint ... and Osun there is nothing equal to the Immaculate Conception, Ogun is not St. George!
But do not forget that major changes in traditional religion began in Africa before slavery, as many Vodun were treated as Orisa Vodun. (Nana Mburuku, Somponno, Osumaré ...)

You will notice that all Pagan Trditional Religions have the same underlying concept even though the people who practiced it have never really met each other in history. Infact all Pagan religions do not have a Man founder, which is why I say they are divine. Thor = Shango = Amadioha = Indra. All these gods strike Thunder and carry weapons. (usually an axe)
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:48pm On May 30, 2012
amor4ce: I know very little of the Yoruba Orisha, and even the Yoruba language, else I would have done my own analysis and seen what you pointed out as the difference between Yewa and Yehve. But it doesn't change the meaning of Yehve/Yeve/Yihwe except Modupe Oduyoye got it wrong. Note that this same Oduyoye was able to demonstrate that the Biblical Nod is Ondo and that Cain is Ogun though my counter argument is that Tubal-Cain, the instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron who most likely lived in Ondo/Nod, is in fact Ogun (see Genesis 4:16,32). Also, I did not allude to anything about snake worship but I think it is well explained in this document (quite lengthy but insightful).

*Yoruba ajo is cognate with Hebrew Haj and Arabic Hajj
*“Alhaji” is cognate with Yoruba Alejo
*Igbo “dibia” (medicine man) is cognate (has the same origin) with Arabic “tibia” (Physician, doctor)
the irun-prefix in Yoruba Irunmale (divinities) hitherto thought to be “400” to the Arabic” word harem and Hebrew herem both of which convey the idea of “sacred” or “holy”
*Ijebu “Lisa” (chief of first rank) to Igbo “Olise” (“God” as in Olisemeka) to “Lesa” among the Ambo of Malawi, the Barotse, the Bemba, the Kaonde, Lala, Lamba; the “l-s” consonantal root (which liquid forms are r-s” “l-z” “r-th” which all convey the idea of “head” “chief” first”) is cognate with Hebrew “rosh” (first) to Arabic “ras,” Aramaic “resh” and Akkadian “rishu”. And to Yoruba “Orisha”; Hebrew “Harison-iym” is translated “Ancestors” in Psalm 79.8 , the “-iym” being a mere plural suffix in Hebrew
*gibbor-iym (Yoruba al-agbara)

The name Jesus is derived from the Greek Zeus/IeZeus/JeZeus and is counterfeit. In 168BC Antiochus IV Epiphanes set up an altar to Zeus on top of God's altar in the Temple at Jerusalem. After 135 AD the Romans shattered the people of Judah, destroyed the Temple, and built on that site a temple to Jupiter (Roman name for Zeus). Blacks were driven away from the Levant and their populations replaced. The culprits have been preparing to repeat same here in Nigeria by various means including abandoning/doubting our history. They tried earlier during the slave trade and we should thank Olodumare for using mosquitoes to weaken them - note that they've been spending a lot of resources to shield themselves from tropical diseases like malaria to make our land hospitable for them. It is not for nothing that in the past, Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone were called the white man's grave.

Dear friend:
I am not Yoruba. I have a strong opinion about, based on decades of research, but I am a respectful man, and I think no one better than belonging to a Yoruba traditional religion, to determine if Ogun was Cain.
In my role as researcher, to reach a conclusion like that, I consider to be collected hundreds of tests ...
Cain was bad ... he killed his brother ... Ogun was a warrior, and possibly for those who do not understand the nature of Ogun warrior was bad ... It's a very superficial analysis of the figure of Ogun ... "warrior and bad" that is a caricature. We must learn very deeply about the characteristics of Ogun and Cain, to draw a parallel of that weight. After Ogun there is a philosophy, a vision of life, which may be shared or not, but not simplistic definitions as these topics.
Otherwise, you end up accepting that Ogun was Cain, but was also St. George, etc.. etc.
That would greatly simplify the research, but it is the ethical way to do it.

With regard to the similarity in language:
I have already mentioned the role developed by the Arabs at the time of slavery. Invasions that were subjected Africans by Arab Muslims. Then amazed that there are similar words?
Did you know that the same word Yoruba is pronounced very differently according to the Yoruba dialect in question?.
The Arabs made ​​trade with Africa durannte centuries ...
At all times there has been cultural penetration, language ... Do not confuse that with descent or common root.

It's just my humble opinion.
My respects.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:04pm On May 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

You will notice that all Pagan Trditional Religions have the same underlying concept even though the people who practiced it have never really met each other in history. Infact all Pagan religions do not have a Man founder, which is why I say they are divine. Thor = Shango = Amadioha = Indra. All these gods strike Thunder and carry weapons. (usually an axe)

Exactly.
Sango's case is very particular. I have been honored to have a dialogue with Pastor AIO, which agree that, historically, is known Sango as the IV Alaafin of Oyo, because the Alaafin of Oyo took for himself the name of divinity (Sango), but not happen otherwise, that is, that does NOT mean that the deity Sango has been effectively the fourth Alaafin of Oyo.

With the gods of traditional religion, there is also different from the Western concept.
They analyze the ax as a tool, a weapon of a god ... a Westerner would consider aggressive, destructive. The nature of Orisa is as ambiguous as nature itself. An ax is used for defense and attack, but also for the edification, for hunting, wood work, etc.. etc. The two-edged ax of Sango represents the equilibrium, the justice ...
Sometimes when I read some forum mates (not you, of course) reviewing so lightly of such things, I feel deep sorrow for the ignorance many have of African traditions, and how much they know about Bible, history of the Jews and Muslims ...

A warm greeting dear friend!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by amor4ce(m): 12:49am On May 31, 2012
I don't see why the descendants of Cain should be portrayed as evil because of the crime perpetrated by their ancestor. Cain settled in Nod (Ondo) and one of his descendants, Tubal-Cain is known to the Yoruba as Ogun. Is it coincidence that Ondo is the center for veneration of Ogun (Tubal-Cain). See for yourself how Tubal-Cain is described in Genesis 4:22 and tell me whether or not that description fits Ogun.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by logicboy: 1:53am On May 31, 2012
amor4ce: I don't see why the descendants of Cain should be portrayed as evil because of the crime perpetrated by their ancestor. Cain settled in Nod (Ondo) and one of his descendants, Tubal-Cain is known to the Yoruba as Ogun. Is it coincidence that Ondo is the center for veneration of Ogun (Tubal-Cain). See for yourself how Tubal-Cain is described in Genesis 4:22 and tell me whether or not that description fits Ogun.

Proper nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:42pm On May 31, 2012
amor4ce: I don't see why the descendants of Cain should be portrayed as evil because of the crime perpetrated by their ancestor. Cain settled in Nod (Ondo) and one of his descendants, Tubal-Cain is known to the Yoruba as Ogun. Is it coincidence that Ondo is the center for veneration of Ogun (Tubal-Cain). See for yourself how Tubal-Cain is described in Genesis 4:22 and tell me whether or not that description fits Ogun.

Dear friend:
I not know the details of the story of Cain. What's more, when speaking of Cain, often do not know if you are talking about the historical figure or their descendants.
The Orisa Ogun sits in Ile Ife, from where begins a long journey. Ogun is called Onire (Lord of Iré ...) and is also called (King without a crown), then still seduced by war and did not set in place as King conquered. Do not mistake the place of worship of Orisa, with the people, kingdom, or physical location in Orisa that allegedly lived.
It's more ... you think Ogun effectively lived? It is a spirit? or is an emanation of Olorún? We understand the difference between Orisa funfun and Ebora ?
Despite my best effort and will, I can not distinguish a single similarity between Oduduwa and Melchizedek, between Ogun and Cain ...
Excuse me, dear friend, but I think the African religion, traditions and culture are valuable, they are wonderful by themselves, and need not force any syncretism to be valid.
Respect for Cain in the Judeo-Christian Bible, Ogun and African traditions.
I'm not saying that this is your case, dear friend.
But I wonder why many Africans need to "import" at least some foreign element to validate what they have?
It will be a problem of low self esteem?
And if we value African history as such? Unmixed Odin, Cain, Melchizedek, and Donald Duck?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:26am On Jun 01, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Dear friend:
I not know the details of the story of Cain. What's more, when speaking of Cain, often do not know if you are talking about the historical figure or their descendants.
The Orisa Ogun sits in Ile Ife, from where begins a long journey. Ogun is called Onire (Lord of Iré ...) and is also called (King without a crown), then still seduced by war and did not set in place as King conquered. Do not mistake the place of worship of Orisa, with the people, kingdom, or physical location in Orisa that allegedly lived.
It's more ... you think Ogun effectively lived? It is a spirit? or is an emanation of Olorún? We understand the difference between Orisa funfun and Ebora ?
Despite my best effort and will, I can not distinguish a single similarity between Oduduwa and Melchizedek, between Ogun and Cain ...
Excuse me, dear friend, but I think the African religion, traditions and culture are valuable, they are wonderful by themselves, and need not force any syncretism to be valid.
Respect for Cain in the Judeo-Christian Bible, Ogun and African traditions.
I'm not saying that this is your case, dear friend.
But I wonder why many Africans need to "import" at least some foreign element to validate what they have?
It will be a problem of low self esteem?
And if we value African history as such? Unmixed Odin, Cain, Melchizedek, and Donald Duck?

lol good bro. grin
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

lol good bro. grin

Very honestly, dear friend and brother ...
Throughout my life I tried to learn about Africa and its traditions. I confess it hurts me, read some concepts that seem most Jews or Europeans, Africans. If all Africans at least understood the enormous wealth that has a story ... the infinite value of the old traditions ... and not just talk about religion but also of morality and philosophy ...
It is outrageous, the way in which Arabs and Europeans have destroyed the foundations of a wonderful civilization ...
Fortunately there are people aware ... who regardless of their religious creed or geographical location, understand and value the African historical treasure.
Best wishes, you know I appreciate you!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by amor4ce(m): 8:19am On Jun 02, 2012
I haven't made any attempt at syncretism or importing any foreign concept, apart from communicating in the English language. What I find saddening is the rejection of knowledge. Our people have been seduced with the white man's his-story which are lies. They tried to cover up the massacre 2,000 years ago of our people and have been doing same ever since the 17th century. They are preparing fully take over our lands and shatter the power of our people, according to the same pattern as before. The white man's religion (Christianity/Islam/Judaism) is a counterfeit, blatantly plagiarized. They do not want us to remember that after the flood our people lived in the part of the world they now refer to as the "middle east". Overcome the ideological immunity.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Avicenna: 10:23am On Jun 03, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Hello dear friend Avicenna:
I have had any problem to insert the text file.
I'm trying to solve a technical problem, in order to be able to put the Adura to it.
Of course I am very grateful.
I send fraternal greetings!
Ptolomeus, my friend
I did not see any file. There are so many dialects in yoruba. I cannot personally help you in that regard.But don't worry, if I can get it, I will consult some yoruba language students. Most people have forgotten the incantations of our language(I was never taught, pagans they called them).
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:46pm On Jun 04, 2012
Avicenna:
Ptolomeus, my friend
I did not see any file. There are so many dialects in yoruba. I cannot personally help you in that regard.But don't worry, if I can get it, I will consult some yoruba language students. Most people have forgotten the incantations of our language(I was never taught, pagans they called them).

Dear friend Avicenna.
I have the Adura who I am. I have a old Adura Yoruba language, I want you to see. You need not get them. I was struggling with the weight of the files, then exceed 200k. I'm trying to reduce them.
I am infinitely grateful for your kindness. You're a wonderful person.
I hope that over the week I can resolve this problem and publish the files.
Thank you very much dear friend!
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2012
amor4ce: I haven't made any attempt at syncretism or importing any foreign concept, apart from communicating in the English language. What I find saddening is the rejection of knowledge. Our people have been seduced with the white man's his-story which are lies. They tried to cover up the massacre 2,000 years ago of our people and have been doing same ever since the 17th century. They are preparing fully take over our lands and shatter the power of our people, according to the same pattern as before. The white man's religion (Christianity/Islam/Judaism) is a counterfeit, blatantly plagiarized. They do not want us to remember that after the flood our people lived in the part of the world they now refer to as the "middle east". Overcome the ideological immunity.

Dear friend.
I have no knowledge rejection. Proof of this is that I exchange views with all friends, and never think I'm one who is right. I regret that we disagree about the origins of the Yoruba people. Perhaps you are right, but (respectfully) I am absolutely convinced that it does not. That does not mean you "reject knowledge."
In the rest of your statement I am 100% agree with you. If you see my posts, you will see my position on slavery, Catholicism, Islam, the action of the white man in Africa, and the systematic destruction of African traditions.
Unfortunately, whites imposed their traditions in Africa, I do not think it's better to have the Jewish traditions in Africa.
Why Africa can not be Africa?
You did not see me as an enemy, because I'm not.
Simply, you defend some parallels, I do not agree at all, between the Jewish people and the Yoruba.
Please accept my compliments.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
amor4ce: They do not want us to remember that after the flood our people lived in the part of the world they now refer to as the "middle east". Overcome the ideological immunity.

why dont you just go back and live there angry

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by amor4ce(m): 1:32am On Jul 19, 2012
What is the meaning of Iye?

What is the meaning of Iye Aṣẹ Iye?
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by buzugee(m): 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
shymmex: ^^^I'm not here to knock the next man's religion (I'm of both muslim and christian backgrounds, and I see myself as a christian) - but why did we leave our own God, and embrace a 'god' who has refused to answer our prayers??

The Europeans who created Christianity, have benefited from the faith - hence why Europe is the most prosperous continent on the planet...Their God has answered their prayers.

The Arabs who created Islam are smiling with enough oil to last generations.. The opulence in the gulf region can't be replicated in any other part of the world.. I live in London, but what I saw in Dubai when I went there - made London look like the slums in 'Welcome to Lagos'.

Indians who created hinduism are now finally smiling because krishna has now answered their prayers...

Chinese/Japanese/Koreans who created buddhism are now smiling courtesy of buddha...

The Jews (who Jesus was said to be one of them) don't even believe in neither Christianity nor Jesus, but their YAHWEH has been so kind to them

Even the Brazilians had to create SANTERIA (combination of Yoruba gods and Christianity) for their own God to answer their prayers...

But Nigeria, the most religious (foreign religions) country on the planet is still stuck in the medieval age, which mega-churches and mega-mosques everywhere, with nothing to show for it... What happened to our 'God'??

I'm just trying to get a reasonable discourse - please, civility is important.

your sense of reasoning has been truncated by suffering and instant-gratification. you base your manifestation of a deitys powers on the accumulation of material wealth and good living. this is what suffering has done to your brain. you now only think in terms of materialism. ok first off, those nations you mentioned are gentile nations and they are in their salvation now. all the riches of the world has been given to them. you had your chance but forked it up. now it is their chance. so let them enjoy their turn. stop begrudging them because of your long throat.

romans 11 vs 12 But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring! AS YOU CAN SEE THE GENTILES OWN ALL THE RICHES NOW. DOES NOT MATTER HOW MUCH THEY SIN, THEY WILL STILL BE IN POWER TILL THE ERA OF THE GENTILES IS OVER.

now those religions you mentioned, eledumare, ifa, sango, obatala, oya, mamiwata, baal, molech etc etc ? they are strong delusions created to shunt an otherwise godly people into because they are spiritually dead. they need to get their spiritual fix because black people ( israelites ) are naturally godly people. how to get your spiritual fix when the lord has put you in spiritual darkness ? the lord makes you create your own delusions.

isaiah 29 vs 10-11 For the Lord hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered. THATS WHAT YOU SEE HAPPENING ALL OVER AFRICA. WALKING ZOMBIES. THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND SPIRITUAL EYES HAVE BEEN CLOSED FOR A PERIOD.

2 thessalonians 2 vs 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: STRONG DELUSIONS LIKE IFA, SANGO, OYA, ETC. THESE ARE WAREHOUSES FOR SPIRITUALLY DEAD SOULS SEEKING FOR SPIRITUAL FOOD.

isaiah 66 vs 4 i also will choose their delusions LORD LETTING YOU KNOW HE SHUNTS PEOPLE INTO DIFFERENT DELUSIONAL BELIEFS.

so back to your question, the other nations are not prosperous because they are serving their gods and black nations are not poor because we are not serving our gods. thats a carnal way of seeing it. the two categories ( israelites and gentiles ) get their turn to prosper spiritually and mentally and materially, alternately. its how the lord has set it up.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by buzugee(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
when the gentiles were living in caves all over the world as cavemen with nothing to eat but lice and berrys and the roots of juniper berrys while you were in your stately palaces and kingdoms and you were all smelling nice and eating great and enjoying the best the world has to offer, you were not complaining then. matter of fact if you read the book of job, you black folks used to chase white people away like dogs when they came to beg for food to eat. you beat them and chased them back into the mountains and caves. they were cavemen. neanderthals. that was the era of the israelites. now it is the era of the gentiles. take your punishment like a man and quit attributing your punishment to some gods that you feel you are not serving. see when you get your chance on top ? if you follow the lords laws and commandments, you will stay on top forever. if you dont ? you stay on top for a period of time. then you get knocked out of the top and to the bottom. then the person at the bottom will get their chance to be obedient to God while on top. if they are not obedient to God. they spend the time appointed to them on top and then get knocked off. all this process will happen till the permanent kingdom of christ will be established on earth. all biblical. i dont want to inundate the post with verses but i will if you want. i have at least 20 verses to explain everything i just said.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
buzugee:
now those religions you mentioned, eledumare, ifa, sango, obatala, oya, mamiwata, baal, molech etc etc ? they are strong delusions created to shunt an otherwise godly people into because they are spiritually dead. they need to get their spiritual fix because black people ( israelites ) are naturally godly people. how to get your spiritual fix when the lord has put you in spiritual darkness ? the lord makes you create your own delusions.
Dear friend Buzugee.
You know that I appreciate.
You have every right to speak, and as I have every right to respond.
In Africa, there are only two religions that have been dipped in the delay to the Continent. These religions are Islam and Christianity.
After centuries of having cutro "civilized" Africa, these foreign religions have brought to Africa the following:
1. Africa is the continent with the highest infant death
2. Africa is the continent with the largest number of AIDS infected
3. Africa is the least developed economically.
4. Africa is the continent with the highest rate of malnutrition.
5. Africa is the continent with the worst health conditions in the world.
(I prefer to leave this comment here, and I do not want to continue)
The slave chained to the Africans, they placed their gods, and now, centuries later, Africa is still a slave to what the colonizers imposed.
I guess some, people will be grateful to Allah and Jesus for "civilized" Africa (irony), and the high degree of development that these gods have allowed.
Do not be offended.
You have a say, I have the right to respond.
A hug!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by buzugee(m): 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Dear friend Buzugee.
You know that I appreciate.
You have every right to speak, and as I have every right to respond.
In Africa, there are only two religions that have been dipped in the delay to the Continent. These religions are Islam and Christianity.
After centuries of having cutro "civilized" Africa, these foreign religions have brought to Africa the following:
1. Africa is the continent with the highest infant death
2. Africa is the continent with the largest number of AIDS infected
3. Africa is the least developed economically.
4. Africa is the continent with the highest rate of malnutrition.
5. Africa is the continent with the worst health conditions in the world.
The slave chained to the Africans, they placed their gods, and now, centuries later, Africa is still a slave to what the colonizers imposed.
I guess some, people will be grateful to Allah and Jesus for "civilized" Africa (irony), and the high degree of development that these gods have allowed.
Do not be offended.
You have a say, I have the right to respond.
A hug!
you are being myopic about the whole thing.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2012
buzugee: you are being myopic about the whole thing.

It's possible.
But I want someone to deny me only one of these points. ONLY ONE!.
1. Africa is the continent With The Highest infant death
2. Africa is the continent With The largest number of AIDS infected
3. The Least Developed Africa is economically.
4. Africa is the continent With The Highest rate of malnutrition.
5. Africa is the continent worst With The Health Conditions in the world.
I await the response of a Christian or an Islamist.

When we speak of "strong gods", and "mighty gods," I wonder how much power have been Jesus and Allah in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
^^^India far poorer than Africa, new study shows:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/india-far-poorer-than-africa-new-measure-shows/story-e6frg6so-1225891801078

In actual fact the poorest part of the world is South East Asia. So you can stick your dubious CNN and BBC propaganda claims where the sun don't shine.

Now back to the topic:

THE ONLY REASON - I REPEAT - THE ONLY REASON, Africans abandoned their religions en masse during colonial rule was that the continent's economic resources were diverted to those who converted to the colonialists' religion. In Nigeria for instance, in order to partake of the new colonial economy, one had to be educated in the schools established by the missionaries. In order to be admitted into those schools, you HAD to renounce your traditional religion and adopt christianity. You were not allowed by the colonial system to maintain your traditional faith while being a part of the new dispensation. The new economy. Your traditional faith was denounced as heathen, and you shed it the minute you entered the colonialist's classroom. The average Yoruba was therefore left with a choice - Continue to worship your God, and remain in poverty and exclusion from the new economy, OR convert to christianity and partake of the new dispensation. Same deal applied across Igboland. The northerners were generally denied modern education and economic advancement owing to their refusal to renounce Islam, and we can see the results today - they remain the poorest, and most backward region of the country. (Their refusal to renounce Islam was due to the similarity in brainwashing techniques of that religion to christianity - claims to exclusive divinity, threats of hellfire, Allah's wrath, etc etc)

So that basically sums up what happened. Conversion to christianity was an ECONOMIC decision made by the people, based on colonial blackmail.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by buzugee(m): 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ptolomeus:

It's possible.
But I want someone to deny me only one of these points. ONLY ONE!.
1. Africa is the continent With The Highest infant death
2. Africa is the continent With The largest number of AIDS infected
3. The Least Developed Africa is economically.
4. Africa is the continent With The Highest rate of malnutrition.
5. Africa is the continent worst With The Health Conditions in the world.
I await the response of a Christian or an Islamist.

When we speak of "strong gods", and "mighty gods," I wonder how much power have been Jesus and Allah in Africa.
i am not denying your points. but you miss the whole picture. all those things are not caused by your turning away from african religions. Hugs right back at cha mi amigos
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
buzugee: i am not denying your points. but you miss the whole picture. all those things are not caused by your turning away from african religions. Hugs right back at cha mi amigos

Dear friend.
I'm not saying that all traditional religions would be better. I do not know.
I just say (that's my opinion) that Islam and Christianity have contributed absolutely nothing positive to Africa.
Well, this time, maybe you and I think different, but that's part of human groups right?
The important thing is that we are friends!
A sincere hug.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:27pm On Jul 19, 2012
ROSSIKE: ^^^India far poorer than Africa, new study shows:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/india-far-poorer-than-africa-new-measure-shows/story-e6frg6so-1225891801078

In actual fact the poorest part of the world is South East Asia. So you can stick your dubious CNN and BBC propaganda claims where the sun don't shine.

Now back to the topic:

THE ONLY REASON - I REPEAT - THE ONLY REASON, Africans abandoned their religions en masse during colonial rule was that the continent's economic resources were diverted to those who converted to the colonialists' religion. In Nigeria for instance, in order to partake of the new colonial economy, one had to be educated in the schools established by the missionaries. In order to be admitted into those schools, you HAD to renounce your traditional religion and adopt christianity. You were not allowed by the colonial system to maintain yor traditional faith while being a part of the new dispensation. The new economy. Your traditional faith was denounced as heathen, and you shed it the minute you entered the colonialist's classroom. The average Yoruba was therefore left with a choice - Continue to worship your God, and remain in poverty and exclusion from the new economy, OR convert to christianity and partake of the new dispensation. Same deal applied across Igboland. The northerners were generally denied modern education and economic advancement owing to their refusal to renounce Islam, and we can see the results today - they remain the poorest, and most backward region of the country. (Their refusal to renounce Islam was due to the similarity in brainwashing techniques of that religion to christianity - claims to exclusive divinity, threats of hellfire, Allah's wrath, etc etc)

So that basically sums up what happened. Conversion to christianity was an ECONOMIC decision made by the people, based on colonial blackmail.

Thanks.

Right.
Very good intervention!

I think we say the same.
Blackmail colonialism, which still remains.

My respects.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
Interesting thread
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by musicwriter(m): 8:09am On Feb 20, 2015
Yorubas did not abandon Olodumare. Olodumare is God, Olodumare is Allah. Olodumare is Jaweh. So, do not get yourselves confused by asking the wrong question.
Jesus is not God neither did he say so. Jesus is my friend. Honestly, he's a big friend of mine. Jesus prayed to God like you and I do.

As an Igboman I often say my prayers in native language without a mention of God or Jesus. I just call on Chineke. Chineke is God and my prayers gets answered!.

What I'm trying these days is closing my prayers in the name of Kwame Nkrumah because Nkrumah did for Africans what Jesus did for the Jews. Religion is a thing of the mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank / Message From God To Nigerian Pastors- Sister Linda Testimony / See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.