Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? (16852 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by GooseBaba: 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
musicwriter:
Yorubas did not abandon Olodumare. Olodumare is God, Olodumare is Allah. Olodumare is Jaweh. So, do not get yourselves confused by asking the wrong question.
Jesus is not God neither did he say so. Jesus is my friend. Honestly, he's a big friend of mine. Jesus prayed to God like you and I do.

As an Igboman I often say my prayers in native language without a mention of God or Jesus. I just call on Chineke. Chineke is God and my prayers gets answered!.

What I'm trying these days is closing my prayers in the name of Kwame Nkrumah because Nkrumah did for Africans what Jesus did for the Jews. Religion is a thing of the mind.

If Olodumare is Allah or Yahweh... Kindly provide us with a yoruba sacred text that orders yorubas to summit to the will of Olodumare.. Also, show us where Olodumare has a begotten son that died for the sins of the yorubas...

Guy you worri ohhh... Shuuu..!! How can a man you never met in person, or have "reasonable" conversation with be your friend..? shocked

You do not mention god, but with that same breath you call on Chineke.... LMAO...!!!

Where did Kwame Nkrumah tell you to call on him for salvation...!? grin oh boy, your religious mind na wa ohh...
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by musicwriter(m): 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
GooseBaba:

If Olodumare is Allah or Yahweh... Kindly provide us with a yoruba sacred text that orders yorubas to summit to the will of Olodumare.. Also, show us where Olodumare has a begotten son that died for the sins of the yorubas...

Guy you worri ohhh... Shuuu..!! How can a man you never met in person, or have "reasonable" conversation with be your friend..? shocked

You do not mention god, but with that same breath you call on Chineke.... LMAO...!!!

Where did Kwame Nkrumah tell you to call on him for salvation...!? grin oh boy, your religious mind na wa ohh...

That was the mistake the Yoruba's made. Not writing down their religious history in a holy book. But, there's a clear oral folktale of how Olodumare created the world with his angels.

Jesus is a personal friend of mine. It's a relationship that's personal to me and you wouldn't understand it. My personal friends include Kwame Nkrumah, Isaac Newton. I musn't see them to connect with them in the spirit. Don't worry, if you don't understand cause the things of the spirit is only understood by those who walk it's ways.

I'm not a religious person, best way you can describe me is spiritual.

Yes, you may consider my ways weird, if you don't understand me. I create and customize everything according to my own taste. EVERYTHING including what I believe. I hate crowd mentality.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Horus(m): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-8DFQtW0lU

Give Them Back Their White Jesus and Return To Your Ancestors

Neb Sekhem Atum Ab Meduty: Give Them Back Their Jesus And Return To Your Ancestors.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 27, 2015

Ori and eleda are used interchangeably

Eleda is that portion of the divine that is unique to an individual, the breath of God, so to speak. It's synonymous with Chi in the Igbo tradition, I should think. And yes Ori and Eleda are used interchangeably.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by lawani: 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
amor4ce:
I still insist that our people forgot ELEDUMARE's personal name. Eledumare is a title/appellation just like that of Yoruba kings e.g. Alaketu of Ketu, Elepe of Epe, Oniru of Iru,Olubadan of Ibadan, etc.
I will not say Olodumare is not a title, I have thought so myself but Ologotun is also a title of Olodumare as Olu of Ogotun after which an Ekiti town and another town in Edo state is named.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by lawani: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
Some Yoruba became Muslims and a Yoruba town Ilorin actually has no Egungun, a place like Iwo used Sharia but no Yoruba town from Jebba in Niger state to Lagos was under Jihadists in the late 19th century. All were under Yoruba but some parts were carved into the Northern region like the Igbomina, some Ekiti, Ilorin, Oworo, Okun and etc but they are no less Yoruba, same with others in parts of West Africa. Then the Yoruba were not actually conquered. There was a 16 year long civil war which the British settled by signing protection agreements with all parties. No fault of Olodumare there. Olodumare does not interfere in human affairs really. It is us with our ancestors, irunmales and orisas using the resources of Olodumare. On Europeans colonising us, it is Eni yara ni Ogun ngbe. Ogun will assist anyone with initiative. Ase.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Horus(m): 9:31am On Oct 04, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86_dzkwZ9ec

Praying to Olodumare

Do we address Olódumarè directly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank / Message From God To Nigerian Pastors- Sister Linda Testimony / See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.