Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission (3592 Views)

CHAI!!! See What My Girlfriend Did Because I Said NO To Sex! / What My Heartless Girlfriend Did To Me This Christmas / My Girlfriend Did Not Call Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by coogar: 3:17pm On May 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^ these test are already on their way to Uganda, so coming to Naija is just a matter of time.
****business opportunity anyone?!*****
i forgot to say that it is called a HOME KIT SALIVA HIV TEST, and to my knowledge, it works like a pregnancy test, just a bit of saliva and within minutes you know the person HIV status. you are even lucky the gal would put the test on the bed for you to see the result in the morning....... the way you guys think, most would simply hide it and act accordingly (depending on the test result).

she would have to explain how the home-kit shebang got to my bed.....any test
carried out without my consent is a criminal offence. the babe has admitted
guilt to me already....she's done!

as for the court, First you would have to prove (without a shadow of doubt) that she bought it and put it there, Second that the result is actually from YOUR saliva......... and finally, even if you'd win the case, MY CLIENT WOULD BE SET ONCE AND FOR ALL ABOUT YOUR HIV STATUS....and whatever the judgment will be, thats a small price to pay for staying alive and SAFE!

2 people stay in the same house. the ish is not mine...
the ish wasn't there before i slept and besides, she has been harassing me with
the test before she did the deed. she would be found guilty.

......oh, and if the test was positive, she can countersue YOU that you knew your status but was hiding it from her, and thus willingly putting her life in danger. oh btw, to all the people that said that it would be the end of the union if your partner did that, could you tell me what you would tell your partner when HE/SHE asks you to go for a HIV test then? the way most of you think is one of the reasons why the disease is spreading so fast in Africa.

put whose life in danger. she's only a girlfriend, not my wife.
i have not promised to marry her. she can take her useless self out
of my horizon.....when i say no, i mean no. if she cannot be in the
relationship without knowing my hiv status, she can feck off to where
the sun don't shine!
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by mspookie: 3:33pm On May 21, 2012
dohyn: I was talking to my friend(we are both doctors) and the subject of HIV and testing came up.She then told me that she once bought a test kit and used it on her boyfriend whilst he was asleep..her reason?he had refused to go test with her.She then left the kit by the bed and when the guy woke up,he was livid..He was negative tho.I couldn't speak for 3mins after she told me this!!!I swear,if it were me,dat's the end of the relationship..Good for then,they are still together.
I just want to know your view about this;was my friend right?would u have done the same or not?

i guess u think HIV test is done with spermm and not blood... undecided
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by mspookie: 3:36pm On May 21, 2012
dohyn: @peeps calling me liar;if u don't know abput an issue,just say so..u shouldn't open ur mouth and talk stupidly about something u don't know about..besides,google is your friend..anyways,it's obvious u haven't done the HIV test before..only about 2 or 3 drops of blood is needed and a pr.ick of the needle will do.the guy was obviously sound asleep.personally,I wake up if I hear the slightest sound not to talk of a touch..
Now that I've added to your knowledge,please answer the question(s)

cheesy
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by dohyn(m): 8:14pm On May 21, 2012
Is this supposed to be sarcastic?what point are u trying to make with this comment?
ms pookie:

i guess u think HIV test is done with spermm and not blood... undecided
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 22, 2012
coogar:

she would have to explain how the home-kit shebang got to my bed.....any test
carried out without my consent is a criminal offence. the babe has admitted
guilt to me already....she's done!

maybe the maid dropped it there while doing the bed? or she can claim to be a joke to see your reaction. either way, such heavy reaction would only put suspicion on yourself about WHY you are so against having a simple test.

2 people stay in the same house. the ish is not mine...
the ish wasn't there before i slept and besides, she has been harassing me with
the test before she did the deed. she would be found guilty.

again, better be found guilty and pay a small fine, rather than "possibly" wake up one morning with a deadly disease. i mean the two dont even compare in the balance.

put whose life in danger. she's only a girlfriend, not my wife.
i have not promised to marry her. she can take her useless self out
of my horizon.....when i say no, i mean no. if she cannot be in the
relationship without knowing my hiv status, she can feck off to where
the sun don't shine!

if someone is HIV+ then there are some precautions to take in order NOT to infect your partner. if someone is irresponsible enough to go about life without checking themselves REGULARLY then there are possibly infecting others. it is in everyone's best interest that they both get tested. anyone who doesnt understand that must quickly wake up.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by tashanja(m): 11:24pm On May 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^ these test are already on their way to Uganda, so coming to Naija is just a matter of time.
****business opportunity anyone?!*****

Its already in 9ja. A laboratory based assessment report by FMOH in 2007 on some test kits available in the Nigerian market, included also a saliva based RTK.

I also know somebody who witnessed similar kit being used to screen a batch of runs girls in B******* State Govt. House before they were cleared for oga and friends.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by LongOne1(m): 11:07am On May 23, 2012
tashanja:

Its already in 9ja. A laboratory based assessment report by FMOH in 2007 on some test kits available in the Nigerian market, included also a saliva based RTK.

I also know somebody who witnessed similar kit being used to screen a batch of runs girls in B******* State Govt. House before they were cleared for oga and friends.

How accurate are those things? I would be wary of such as test results.

I was told of a fingerprint test, which is 100% accurate and takes about 15 minutes when I visited a GUM centre for a s.exual health MOT ā€“ this I can rely on.

Unfortunately, they told me this after saying it would take 2 weeks to get my test results, when I was already scared silly. Apparently, the 2 weeks included sending my samples to other clinics for verification. Freaking sadists, I tell you.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by lumideezle(m): 11:38am On May 23, 2012
When the guy dumps her now she wld start spreading stories that men are wicked bla bla bla. What kind of stupid despiration is that if I were d guy I wld break up with her not bc of the incidence buh cuz of the idea or thought behind the action she is a very despirate biatch and can do anyfn 2 have her way this is just one of the many red lights nature gives u 2 run fast
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 23, 2012
dohyn: @peeps calling me liar;if u don't know abput an issue,just say so..u shouldn't open ur mouth and talk stupidly about something u don't know about..besides,google is your friend..anyways,it's obvious u haven't done the HIV test before..only about 2 or 3 drops of blood is needed and a pr.ick of the needle will do.the guy was obviously sound asleep.personally,I wake up if I hear the slightest sound not to talk of a touch..
Now that I've added to your knowledge,please answer the question(s)
Lol. Egbon e maa binu, we all make mistakes. They prolly sincerely thot they were correct and vice versa.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 23, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

IMHO if a person is in a r/ship and yet not willing to have a test (or break up) then he got what he deserved. there are many ways that you can catch the disease and therefore i would fully understand why someone would want to make sure that their partner is clean. what kind of immature irresponsible person wouldnt want to get a test? the sad part is that he may have other diseases that the test didnt reveal!

and if that action makes it the end of the r/ship then so be it, better be miserable and ALIVE than happy and DEAD!!!!
I would agree with you. It might not be ethical, but this is life and death we're talking about here. And the fact that the guy is still with her shows that the dude is reasonable and was most likely just scared of taking the test. Gotta admire the girls practicality too.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by edetty(m): 2:13pm On May 23, 2012
@op,tanx God u did defend ur initial lies wel,cos am a 4th year medical student,u had 1st sed one can use a punch syringe on a person witout notice,dats a blantant lie,cos its as sharp as a mere pinch wit d fingers,2ndly wen oda posters suggested d saliva test,dats wen u realised 2 mention d actual test,dnt knw wat u practice dat ur memory skips diz much,as 4 d test itseft,its an offence,cos even in clinics u dnt carry out certain treatments or surgical operations if d patient doesnt consent 2 it,by a formal signed agreement,its againt d medical practice act,...dats al i hav 2 say
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by dohyn(m): 10:11pm On May 23, 2012
Pls shut d Bleep up!!!do me a favor and go get d HIV test kit and do the test on urself.u don't use a punch syringe or whatever,a lancet is supplied with it and that's what u use to pri.ck ur thumb..u can be asleep and ur thumb will be pierced without u waking up if u are a deep sleeper.I said I'm not but I know lots of people who are.I won't bother to reply your other comments..go do as you are told and report back.
edetty: @op,tanx God u did defend ur initial lies wel,cos am a 4th year medical student,u had 1st sed one can use a punch syringe on a person witout notice,dats a blantant lie,cos its as sharp as a mere pinch wit d fingers,2ndly wen oda posters suggested d saliva test,dats wen u realised 2 mention d actual test,dnt knw wat u practice dat ur memory skips diz much,as 4 d test itseft,its an offence,cos even in clinics u dnt carry out certain treatments or surgical operations if d patient doesnt consent 2 it,by a formal signed agreement,its againt d medical practice act,...dats al i hav 2 say
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by tashanja(m): 11:21pm On May 23, 2012
Long One:

How accurate are those things? I would be wary of such as test results.

I was told of a fingerprint test, which is 100% accurate and takes about 15 minutes when I visited a GUM centre for a s.exual health MOT ā€“ this I can rely on.

Unfortunately, they told me this after saying it would take 2 weeks to get my test results, when I was already scared silly. Apparently, the 2 weeks included sending my samples to other clinics for verification. Freaking sadists, I tell you.

They are fairly accurate, good enough to be used for HIV diagnosis, but have the usual limitations of most antibody based detection testing methods.
They offer rapid results (in minutes) hence the acronym RTK (i.e. Rapid Test Kits) with high degree of precision, especially if used in conjunction with another Kit for confirmation or otherwise in a sequence known as algorithm.

Don't know about the finger print testing method and doubt if such technique currently exists - though I could be wrong.
The delay in your test result could have been due to the workload of the testing centre or in the method(s) used to perform the test e.g. Western-blot or involving PCR.

Anyway, hope the result turned out negative, sha and that you would be more careful in future,wink
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by tashanja(m): 11:37pm On May 23, 2012
dohyn: Pls shut d Bleep up!!!do me a favor and go get d HIV test kit and do the test on urself.u don't use a punch syringe or whatever,a lancet is supplied with it and that's what u use to pri.ck ur thumb..u can be asleep and ur thumb will be pierced without u waking up if u are a deep sleeper.I said I'm not but I know lots of people who are.I won't bother to reply your other comments..go do as you are told and report back.

Yes, there are increasingly available almost pain-free blood lancets now in the market; so I agree it is quite possible for someone's sample to be taken while asleep without waking, since all you need is one or two drops of blood for the test.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by Beync(f): 11:47pm On May 23, 2012
this kind of sleep that one could piersed his body with syringe and he couldnt feel anything na lie be that.

U can sue me for all i care, i dont blame her. why should we be in relationship and u wouldnt accept ur responsibility?
she deserve to know his hiv status becos her life in involve. may be the boy is playing and not sure of himself.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by dohyn(m): 12:36am On May 24, 2012
Ma'am,let me correct this misconception u and lots of people seem to have..the test kit I'm talking about uses a lancet to pierce the thumb.it's just like using a needle to pr.ick ur hand only that it's sharper.Using a syringe to draw blood requires u tying a tourniquet around the forearm and obviously,someone who's asleep would wake up.I'm sure if u google it up,it will be explained better.
My grouse with her doing it is that it's a matter of trust..I trust u enough to sleep next to you at night knowing that u could wake up and kill me..if I don't wanna do the test,u should try to make me see reason and not betray the trust I have in you.if your girlfriend can do that to you whilst asleep,I fear to think what she'll do if we break up..remember"all hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" to paraphrase congreaves.
Beync: this kind of sleep that one could piersed his body with syringe and he couldnt feel anything na lie be that.

U can sue me for all i care, i dont blame her. why should we be in relationship and u wouldnt accept ur responsibility?
she deserve to know his hiv status becos her life in involve. may be the boy is playing and not sure of himself.

Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by Nobody: 4:48am On May 24, 2012
Some ppl can lie e man. grin
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by Konnektions146(m): 9:13am On May 24, 2012
i once dated a a medical personnel that dd dis HIV test without my knowledge, but my case was dat i was a little down and she suggested a widal test, and and she returned with a result of 9 different lab test(including HIV) , i shock.

funny enough , that was my 1st HIV test, i ve always ddnt wanna check dat status stuff but since den, i had no issues with de test sha,

its not good no matter what happened to do such without due consent of the person involved.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by Nobody: 9:48am On May 24, 2012
fresh_dude: I would agree with you. It might not be ethical, but this is life and death we're talking about here. And the fact that the guy is still with her shows that the dude is reasonable and was most likely just scared of taking the test. Gotta admire the girls practicality too.

bro, it happens everyday, there are many people who are infected and who STILL have unprotected sex with their loved ones. thats the craziness of life. husband go fukc some ashi unprotected and then go home and mount his wife, et voila! there is something wrong in this picture if someone is "scared" to have a test. if you are scared that means that this man put his dikc in a highly dangerous and possibly infected coochie (if not, then why would anyone be scared?!).
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by Nobody: 10:15am On May 24, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

There is something wrong in this picture if someone is "scared" to have a test. if you are scared that means that this man put his dikc in a highly dangerous and possibly infected coochie (if not, then why would anyone be scared?!).
Lol...True. If you ain't been fooling around yyou wouldn't be scared of taking no HIV test(you might be infected but would go for the test boldly). I've come to realise that some people can't just muster enough discipline to use protection. It's a damn shame.

NB: MBJ, you've been nominated for the moderating job, you think you can handle it? I think you'd do a good job.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by Nobody: 11:11am On May 24, 2012
fresh_dude: Lol...True. If you ain't been fooling around yyou wouldn't be scared of taking no HIV test(you might be infected but would go for the test boldly). I've come to realise that some people can't just muster enough discipline to use protection. It's a damn shame.

NB: MBJ, you've been nominated for the moderating job, you think you can handle it? I think you'd do a good job.

how can they nominate me if i didnt ask for the position?! as much as i love answering threads, i doubt i would love policing them. thats a sure stress booster, as we all know the kind of insults and what not, that would entail.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by Nobody: 11:19am On May 24, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

how can they nominate me if i didnt ask for the position?! as much as i love answering threads, i doubt i would love policing them. thats a sure stress booster, as we all know the kind of insults and what not, that would entail.
So I thought. Have a good day bro.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by Nobody: 11:22am On May 24, 2012
fresh_dude: So I thought. Have a good day bro.

you too bro!
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by Beync(f): 11:38am On May 24, 2012
dohyn: Ma'am,let me correct this misconception u and lots of people seem to have..the test kit I'm talking about uses a lancet to pierce the thumb.it's just like using a needle to pr.ick ur hand only that it's sharper.Using a syringe to draw blood requires u tying a tourniquet around the forearm and obviously,someone who's asleep would wake up.I'm sure if u google it up,it will be explained better.
My grouse with her doing it is that it's a matter of trust..I trust u enough to sleep next to you at night knowing that u could wake up and kill me..if I don't wanna do the test,u should try to make me see reason and not betray the trust I have in you.if your girlfriend can do that to you whilst asleep,I fear to think what she'll do if we break up..remember"all hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" to paraphrase congreaves.
talk abt trust there is no one dat wouldn't claim he or she is trustworthy, but would u go about trusting people becos they said u should trust them? No. Trust is earned especially when it involve relationship. There are attitudes dat could cause distrust among partners. Like do u know how long the girl must have been persuading him to go run the test and he keep dodging the test. Only dat can give the girl sleepless night becos dats a signal dat the guy is playing around. Even if it's fear, yes I know it causes fears when u want to run the test especially for the first time, but with time u'l come to realize dat what we are talking about is life and ur future as well. If u truly love ur partner u will do it for him or her so as to clear all doubt and have some level of trust in the person. I had a friend like dat who refused when I suggested dat we go for the test becos of his past live. and for me I decided that we either do it or I will part becos I cannot live in fear. So after some many talks and promises he summoned courage abd said let's go. U can never believe how relieved and happy he felt after running the test for the first time in his life. His life style became better and when we were no longer in the same state, he called to tell me he now check on himself every six months and he encourage people to do it. He is grateful dat I caused him to the test. So what am I saying? The girl must have notice something that made her to want to be sure of whom she is going out with and tried to convince him to do the text but he is not responding and dat could be reason why she did it.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by LongOne1(m): 11:51am On May 24, 2012
tashanja:

Don't know about the finger print testing method and doubt if such technique currently exists - though I could be wrong.

Oh sorry, I meant a finger-prick test not fingerprint, and yes, it does exist. It was last winter, but I was already sweating profusely from fear, after giving urine specimens, a shaft sample and blood specimens to wait 15 minutes for another test.
tashanja:

The delay in your test result could have been due to the workload of the testing centre or in the method(s) used to perform the test e.g. Western-blot or involving PCR.

Iā€™m sure they used all possible methods, as I was the only black person there that day, lol.
tashanja:

Anyway, hope the result turned out negative, sha and that you would be more careful in future,wink

As for the result ā€“ NOT POSITIVE then, not so sure about now, lol. It will take me long before I forget those 2 weeks of torture, many promises I made to myself if the results were negative, whether I have fulfilled them is a whole other issue.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by tashanja(m): 8:14pm On May 24, 2012
^^^^Aah! I see, finger prick; well that's how (capillary) blood is collected using a lancet as against venous blood using a syringe, but not necessarily the method or name of the test itself.

As from what I can deduce, they must have ran a battery of (STD) tests on you other than just the HIV, in view of the urine sample e.g. culture for bacterial infection or even substances/drugs of abuse.

Kai, some people will never learn, so after going through all the mentioned traumatic pre-test anxiety you still went ahead and risked it all over again - and now back to square one.
Re: His Girlfriend Did HIV Test On Him Without Permission by mspookie: 9:55am On May 25, 2012
dohyn: Is this supposed to be sarcastic?what point are u trying to make with this comment?

exactly what u r thinking without doubt

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Cfcfan / Why Is Shopping With A Naija Girl Such A Nightmare? / Can This Be Real?- This Is Indeed Funny!picss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.