Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? (8027 Views)

Are You Ready To Make More Money While You Work Online?..... BITCOIN / Is It Really Good To Date A Colleague In Same Company? / Wife Worked In Same Company With Her Husband , Trouble Vs Wahala = ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by velo10: 4:33pm On May 22, 2012
of course as long as we can be matured about it. however, our marriage is certainly going to affect our work someday sooner or later
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by INFO70: 4:37pm On May 22, 2012
TERM AND CONDITION OF SOME COMPANIES DOES NOT ALLOW angry
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Clemzy16(m): 4:39pm On May 22, 2012
I'm not really a supporter of this whole scenerio.. But the problem i have is with the Girl. Atleast, she should have thought of that before applying for the job.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 4:54pm On May 22, 2012
Serial CHEATs and habitual PLAYERs wont like dis. It ain't no problem for matured minds, but for loose CANONs? Let 'em not even try, cos they wil live "miserably-ever-after". Tel her to grab d job, but they both must fully evaluate d immediate n long term disadvantages. Like, chronic BOREDOM stemming frm spendin 24hrs 2geda, etc. Lets nt be too theoritical about dis, cos i know a lot of companys wia wives serve as directors, wyl d hubby is Chairman, or d wife as manager, while d hubby is CEO. Like i said, life is mostly wat u choose to make it. Let d small stuff not put 'em off dis life time opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by pdpiperpippen: 4:56pm On May 22, 2012
Tell her to leave the appointment for the teeming and more serious minded army of unemployed youths in Nigeria. With 70% unemployment does it matter if my whole family works in the same office.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 22, 2012
yeah sure, she knew he works dere before applying. Its her fiance who i think even encouraged her to apply, he must av been behind d whole process. From what she told me, he doesn't av a prob with the whole thing. But she's d one whose got a problem with it. Infact she hates it. She didn't even pray she got appointed. But then she got appointed, and now d salary is really tempting her as its a really robust one, and some nice incentives comes with it, so now she's stuck, on whether to turn down such mouthwatering offer, or not.

I don't think d company has rules against it, though i'm not sure.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by alowobaba(m): 5:14pm On May 22, 2012
I we go with whatever " chaircover" says ......
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Godessa(f): 5:18pm On May 22, 2012
i work in same company with my Husband though i'm at the head office while he works with one of our Divisions.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 22, 2012
booqee: yeah sure, she knew he works dere before applying. Its her fiance who i think even encouraged her to apply, he must av been behind d whole process. From what she told me, he doesn't av a prob with the whole thing. But she's d one whose got a problem with it. Infact she hates it. She didn't even pray she got appointed. But then she got appointed, and now d salary is really tempting her as its a really robust one, and some nice incentives comes with it, so now she's stuck, on whether to turn down such mouthwatering offer, or not.

I don't think d company has rules against it, though i'm not sure.

so what's the problem with her anyway
because i dont see any thing wrong with that as far as they are not married yet
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by texazzpete(m): 6:03pm On May 22, 2012
booqee: My sister just got a job offer in d same company her fiance works. She's confused on accepting d appointment because she thinks it doesn't make sense to work in d same company with her would be husband, but then its been a very long time she's been searching for a job, and she doesn't want to lose dis one opportunity she's finally got. Besides the salary is a REALLY fat one , infact bigger dan her qualification. She asked for my advice, but i was just moping, as i was confused as well.
Pls guys what do u think she should do??

Short answer?

Your sister is rather daft.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Shalex(f): 6:13pm On May 22, 2012
Why not, its d best. She should go for it since its not the same department but she has to look into the company's policy as regards to the issue.
Presently, I work in the same company with my hubby and its simply cool.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Tattooboy: 6:35pm On May 22, 2012
Y not? As long as d policy aint against it
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Exponental(m): 6:48pm On May 22, 2012
Why not? She should accept it.
Not even in ds era of massive joblessness/ unemployment!
The only disadvantage I see in it is dat d finance being d same source would affect d family if there is any form of delay. Later, one shld decide who shld leave cos it wont be too good during mass retrenchment if both are affected, salary not paid on time n other negative factors that might surface..........

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On May 22, 2012
I think it is a great opportunity for them both:
They could have a Lunch date everyday and have fun
They could save on gas by driving only one car to work
They could rub mind and all that . . . .
And during lunch, they could go to an hotel and have some quiet time too . . . . so there is nothing wrong in such

3 Likes

Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by mercurie(f): 7:36pm On May 22, 2012
(Y is she now asking 4 an advice? Didn't she know that dat's where her spouse works before she applied? Abi employment letter fall 4rm heaven come meet her? Mtchweeeeeeeeee
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by queensmith: 8:24pm On May 22, 2012
Has to be the silliest thing i've ever heard? is your sister in high school. Besides the money you can save by carpooling, lunch expenses the rest, she will get to see her fiance even more making for a stronger relationship.

some people just like to create drama. tell her to turn the job offer down for someone that knows how to take things seriously. If she's contemplating over such a trivial matter I don't think any employers investment on her is worthwhile.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by GboyegaD(m): 10:09pm On May 22, 2012
She should pick up the offer while they both can later try other places and whoever gets a better place leaves. For now that they are not married, she shouldn't take the risk of not picking up the offer.
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by chikaor(f): 7:43am On May 23, 2012
i have d same issue,but mine is a big one.the same depth.nd he is my bose.so i cant acept it.lie lie.neva!
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by atasteve: 9:48am On May 23, 2012
Mostly, men will not want to do this because of extra-relationship affairs.

I know at least a man that works in the same office (location) as his wife and both of them are doing fine.

If the lady refuses to work because of this weak excuse, who picks up her bills?
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by Nasri100(m): 9:50am On May 23, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
No. Then how the Bleep am I going to flirt freely? angry angry angry angry angry

ffs flirt freely huh??
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by DelightUche: 10:39am On May 23, 2012
Sincerely speeking, it depends on the operational structure and the condition of service obtainable in the company. the hus should share such experience and feelings with her. she should also find out the hus feelings.
ken
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by phadat(m): 11:21am On May 23, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
No. Then how the Bleep am I going to flirt freely? angry angry angry angry angry
hmnn
Re: Can You Work In The Same Company With Your Spouse? by hidiong: 1:38pm On May 24, 2012
very confused people,Was she sleeping when the application was written? who applied for her?did she not know that her husband works there?it is rather a silly opinion to seek from people,She went for interview,didnt she?she just realised when she got the job that her husband works there,abeg ask something else pls.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Goes Braless, Wears Transparent Outfit In Pre-wedding Photos With Her Husba / I Saw This Girl On Snapchat And I Am Feeling This Way / Help! I Have A Very Very Big Head (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.