Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733945 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
dabigbangishere:
I submitted by visa application on the 26th of November and till now, I've not heard anything or received any text from them. Could this be a problem that I won't be getting the visa since its taking a long time right now.

Call them and ask them to tell you the status of your application. The person may ask for your passport and say it is not ready yet. Ask specifically for which stage of the processing it is at. That way, you know for sure.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dabigbangishere: 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
I don't have their number - do you have it?
TYPOP:

Call them and ask them to tell you the status of your application. The person may ask for your passport and say it is not ready yet. Ask specifically for which stage of the processing it is at. That way, you know for sure.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tolma28(m): 8:38am On Dec 13, 2014
TYPOP:

I'm reading from where I stopped the last time (pg 108) and I'm not sure if you're satisfied already. I'll continue reading after this reply and if you're sorted already, good.

The SA government support "the power of attorney". Immigration officials may give him a hard time but he should stand his ground. He now has a Visa and should be allowed in. He only needs to have the visa pasted on his passport.

Also, before he leaves Nigeria, let him apply for transfer of visa from his expired passport to the new one. That way, immigration won't even know anything.

Cheers, and all the best.

Tanx TYPOP fr d follow up. Dwe are yet to submit the application. Becuz we are thinking that are we to add the old passport and the waiver letter to the new application? And wat is the chance of getting d visa approved? Also if we submit this coming monday can the visa be out by xmas?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Verostef(m): 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2014
@TYPOP
do u mean i av to go visiting once before i can relocate?
what happen wen i av no one to invite me over?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:10am On Dec 14, 2014
Verostef:
@TYPOP
do u mean i av to go visiting once before i can relocate?
what happen wen i av no one to invite me over?
apply for tourist visa no need getting invitational letter for tourist visa

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 11:06am On Dec 14, 2014
Pls house. I have a few Questions. How much shd b in my sponsor bank statement for application of study visaa. And how long does it take abuja to grant a study visa for my sch resumes 15th of january.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2014
yansky:
Pls house. I have a few Questions. How much shd b in my sponsor bank statement for application of study visaa. And how long does it take abuja to grant a study visa for my sch resumes 15th of january.
It actually depends on your account turnover, that's the most important thing, your closing balance can even be below N250K, so far the turnover is high you good to go...At abuja, it takes nothing less than 4 weeks or even more in some cases so for you to resume by Jan 15. depends on your submission date.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
yinchar:

It actually depends on your account turnover, that's the most important thing, your closing balance can even be below N250K, so far the turnover is high you good to go...At abuja, it takes nothing less than 4 weeks or even more in some cases so for you to resume by Jan 15. depends on your submission date.

Ok thank you very much. I dont have my Saqa certificate yet bcz my account was susspended. But i have a copy of d saqa application form my sch sent to me n my ref no frm SAQA itself. Can i apply with that in lag or take no chances n go to abj? And is lag still accepting study permit application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
yansky:

Ok thank you very much. I dont have my Saqa certificate yet bcz my account was susspended. But i have a copy of d saqa application form my sch sent to me n my ref no frm SAQA itself. Can i apply with that in lag or take no chances n go to abj? And is lag still accepting study permit application?
I'll advise you resolve the issue of your SAQA before applying so as not to waste your precious time. From my understanding you can apply at either of the places, but it seems Abuja has stopped accepting study permit applications for this year, you should be able to submit early January, so my candid advice is try to resolve the SAQA issue and submit your application by January.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 6:41am On Dec 15, 2014
yinchar:

I'll advise you resolve the issue of your SAQA before applying so as not to waste your precious time. From my understanding you can apply at either of the places, but it seems Abuja has stopped accepting study permit applications for this year, you should be able to submit early January, so my candid advice is try to resolve the SAQA issue and submit your application by January.

Thanks alot. Lastly what is vfs? And must i apply thru them or straight at the embassy? And how much is d visa fee if u dont mind too.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Xeedorf: 11:11am On Dec 15, 2014
Never Worry you will receive email three weeks after
yinksob002:
Not at all. The embassy is currently dealing with a lot of applications but am sure you will get a response from them before they go on xmas break.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Xeedorf: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2014
Never Worry you will receive email three weeks after
yinksob002:
Not at all. The embassy is currently dealing with a lot of applications but am sure you will get a response from them before they go on xmas break.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 6:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
I was told that Lagos is no longer accepting application for this year. Please housr is that information true.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hello peeps,pls I wanna ask,is it possible for someone to help me collect d yellow fever card at d airport without me going there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:25am On Dec 16, 2014
dabigbangishere:
I don't have their number - do you have it?

Which centre took your application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:29am On Dec 16, 2014
tolma28:

Tanx TYPOP fr d follow up. Dwe are yet to submit the application. Becuz we are thinking that are we to add the old passport and the waiver letter to the new application? And wat is the chance of getting d visa approved? Also if we submit this coming monday can the visa be out by xmas?

Hello, which application are we talking about again? Last thing I read, and understand, he had applied for VISA in SA BEFORE leaving SA. He only needs his visa pasted on his passport now.

If he is yet to apply, HE SHOULD NOT APPLY IN SA since he is not there at the moment. How will they even take his thumb prints if he wants to apply in SA and he is in Naija? I smell fraud. Please explain yourself well if this is legit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:33am On Dec 16, 2014
yansky:

yinchar:

Sometime last year, I heard Lagos was not requiring SAQA as a requirement. However, things could have changed. If you can sort your SAQA before they start accepting application, good. Otherwise, ask about the possibility of not submitting SAQA in Lagos. Abuja WILL NOT accept your application without it though
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:43am On Dec 16, 2014
MojAyo:
Hello peeps,pls I wanna ask,is it possible for someone to help me collect d yellow fever card at d airport without me going there

Seeing that a lot of things can happen in Naija, I wouldn't say it's not possible. But make sure you get the vaccination itself before you leave naija. That way, we make the world a safer place cos we do what we are supposed to do. You can collect the shot the night you want to travel.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:44am On Dec 16, 2014
Aboderinkay:
I was told that Lagos is no longer accepting application for this year. Please housr is that information true.

Our friends in Lagos will confirm that. Can't say anything about that. Sorry dude.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:51am On Dec 16, 2014
yansky:

Thanks alot. Lastly what is vfs? And must i apply thru them or straight at the embassy? And how much is d visa fee if u dont mind too.

VFS is a visa application centre that receives application on behalf of the SA embassy from citizens for the purpose of short term visits. They will take your application to the embassy and bring the result back to you.

If you are applying for visitor's permit, yes, you have to apply through VFS

For visa fees, check this post https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/104#27732676

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:36am On Dec 16, 2014
TYPOP:

Seeing that a lot of things can happen in Naija, I wouldn't say it's not possible. But make sure you get the vaccination itself before you leave naija. That way, we make the world a safer place cos we do what we are supposed to do. You can collect the shot the night you want to travel.
okay my dear,tanx love
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
TYPOP:

VFS is a visa application centre that receives application on behalf of the SA embassy from citizens for the purpose of short term visits. They will take your application to the embassy and bring the result back to you.

If you are applying for visitor's permit, yes, you have to apply through VFS

For visa fees, check this post https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/104#27732676

Thank you a lot. I'm applying for study visa. So I don't need VFS yh?
Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 4:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hello All, please i want to inquire if it is possible for someone with no knowledge about nursing from nigeria, travel over to SA inorder to learn and become a nurse assistant or even beyond, and also get to be working in SA after a completed program of Nursing?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:12am On Dec 17, 2014
drealsheggs:
Hello All, please i want to inquire if it is possible for someone with no knowledge about nursing from nigeria, travel over to SA inorder to learn and become a nurse assistant or even beyond, and also get to be working in SA after a completed program of Nursing?
100percent possible .check the requirement and cost implication before making further plans. Nursing or nursing assitant is a very lucrative field in SA.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 8:49am On Dec 17, 2014
thank you very much for the kind response. but do you have an idea about nursing schools or institution where I can just check and also read through their requirements how to apply around Johannesburg, Durban ..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
drealsheggs:
thank you very much for the kind response. but do you have an idea about nursing schools or institution where I can just check and also read through their requirements how to apply around Johannesburg, Durban ..

Hope these help?

http://www.dut.ac.za/faculty/health_sciences/nursing

http://snph.ukzn.ac.za/Homepage.aspx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 9:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
thanks a lot. I will check through the links.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larion: 10:53am On Dec 18, 2014
Okay house, that is it, I am fed up.

Anybody knows how to withdraw application at the south African high commission in abuja.

I actually just want my passport, and how can I get it before 24th of December which is their closing date for the year.

Any help please, its very urgent.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
please does anyone know someone can learn how to become a nurse assistant in places like johannesburg and durban in south africa.....@ Shine1177. thanks for the link you gave me, but i couldn't find any concrete info as regarding what i wanted.......i will very glad to receiving more information from guys as regarding this.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
drealsheggs:
please does anyone know someone can learn how to become a nurse assistant in places like johannesburg and durban in south africa.....@ Shine1177. thanks for the link you gave me, but i couldn't find any concrete info as regarding what i wanted.......i will very glad to receiving more information from guys as regarding this.

Learn as in learning a trade? Precisely, what do you want?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
sorry, i mean that i want to enroll for nurse assistant program, but i am not a science student and with no knowledge about nursing before aside from the biology i did at my secondary school level, so i needed some certified institutions of where i can enroll a nurse assistant program in Johannesburg or Durban, South Africa. Merci en avance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
yansky:

Thank you a lot. I'm applying for study visa. So I don't need VFS yh?
Cheers.

No, you don't need VFS. It's the embassy. Unless things have changed and I didn't know about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.