Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734062 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dhikrullah(m): 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
I need info about south africa schools for my masters in microbiology.... is there a room for work while studying?? thanks in advance and please i will prefer my inbox so i can ask couple of disturbing questions shittudhikrullahi@hotmail.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Peeshaun(m): 6:34am On Dec 20, 2014
TYPOP:

No, you don't need VFS. It's the embassy. Unless things have changed and I didn't know about it.

@TYPOP back in nigeria wwith no issues see you in January cheers bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:01am On Dec 20, 2014
Dhikrullah:
I need info about south africa schools for my masters in microbiology.... is there a room for work while studying?? thanks in advance and please i will prefer my inbox so i can ask couple of disturbing questions shittudhikrullahi@hotmail.com
ask your questions here so that others can learn.Bros remove your email .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omoteefat: 7:24am On Dec 20, 2014
Shine1177:
I just got my admission letter for MTECH in the mail while waiting for SAQA, seems SAQA is not necessary at DUT. I should be in the republic by January 2015.

pls can you share the process of application? I am also interested in dut
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 10:57am On Dec 20, 2014
Hi Guys,,,can someone with a Nigerian passport process his or her visa in Ghana? A guy here told me its possible I didn't argue with him cos I had no idea..he told me its possible with countries close to each other Is it possible?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 11:51am On Dec 20, 2014
omoteefat:

pls can you share the process of application? I am also interested in dut

Write a research proposal and find/contact supervisor in your area of interest, get your UG transcript certified at the High Court, your supervisor will tell you what to do next.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
sorry, i mean that i want to enroll for nurse
assistant program, but i am not a science student
and with no knowledge about nursing before aside
from the biology i did at my secondary school level,
so i needed some certified institutions of where i
can enroll a nurse assistant program in
Johannesburg or Durban, South Africa. Merci en
avance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
Good evening to everyone in d house. pls i just got admitted to a sch in SA. pls wot are d documnt needed to be submitted at d embassy? thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 11:35pm On Dec 20, 2014
Hello house, who has recently been refunded the repartition fee of #110,000. What are the needed documents. I intend visiting the high commission in January. My study visa is still valid the end of 2015. Information reaching me is that you don't need the return ticket. All needed is to open a diamond bank account. Can anyone verify this?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 5:32am On Dec 21, 2014
harlyon:
Hi Guys,,,can someone with a Nigerian passport process his or her visa in Ghana? A guy here told me its possible I didn't argue with him cos I had no idea..he told me its possible with countries close to each other Is it possible?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by PetroDolla3: 5:39am On Dec 21, 2014
[quote author=harlyon post=29066991][/quote] you must have a resident permit in Ghana to qualify to apply for a South African visa in Ghana. That is what I know.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by esosa4real(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
TYPOP:

Documents needed to apply for visitor's permit.

• Valid passport which expires in no less than 30 days after expiry of the intended date of departure from the Republic
• A yellow fever vaccination certificate, where applicable.
• Marriage certificate or in the case of a foreign spousal relationship, proof of official recognition thereof issued by the authorities of the foreign country of the applicant (where applicable).
• Letter of introduction stating your reason for going and possibly motivation for coming back
• Letter of invitation from someone legally resident in the republic or proof of accommodation
• If going for a conference, proof of registration for the conference (or letter from the conference organizers
• Return ticket reservation at an airline. You don’t have to pay. Just use the book-on-hold option and print
• 3 months bank statement

Good day yall, I must commend u guys! I thought it was only the UK thread, dat had dedicated helpers like these.
I am a practising doc here in Naija, and visited,uk,brazil this year 4 medical conferences. All the applications were done on DIY (Do-it-Yourself) basis.
These attitude I learnt from travel section of Nairaland and grateful for such knowledge.
Now my issue is that the conf organisers r hosting, the next conference in SouthAfica by sept 2015, and I am planning for it, but was advised by my close naija pals, now in sa to use an agent, even though I have all the requirements listed above.

They claim that d sa embassy in Naija will either delay my passport or deny me even thou I am going 4 a legit purpose. That they r quite hostile. Am beginning to believe it's true cos some nairalander said, dey recieve lots of fake documents so they treat Nigerians with disdain.
Please brodas, what do I do? Because the agent is confirmed and comes wif a little cost, which am willing if this embassy is really wat dey say it is.
Need ur candid advice, thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by esosa4real(m): 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
Good day yall, I must commend u guys! I thought it was only the UK thread, dat had dedicated helpers like these.
I am a practising doc here in Naija, and visited,uk,brazil this year 4 medical conferences. All the applications were done on DIY (Do-it-Yourself) basis.
These attitude I learnt from travel section of Nairaland and grateful for such knowledge.
Now my issue is that the conf organisers r hosting, the next conference in SouthAfica by sept 2015, and I am planning for it, but was advised by my close naija pals, now in sa to use an agent, even though I have all the requirements listed above.

They claim that d sa embassy in Naija will either delay my passport or deny me even thou I am going 4 a legit purpose. That they r quite hostile. Am beginning to believe it's true cos some nairalander said, dey recieve lots of fake documents so they treat Nigerians with disdain.
Please brodas, what do I do? Because the agent is confirmed and comes wif a little cost, which am willing if this embassy is really wat dey say it is.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:02am On Dec 22, 2014
esosa4real:

YOU DONT NEED ANY AGENT.Get the correct documents and submit .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 7:35am On Dec 22, 2014
please gurus in d house. i just got admission letter nw frm a uni. pls i want to know d neccesary documnt dat i will submitt at d embassy for a study permit. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2014
PetroDolla3:
you must have a resident permit in Ghana to qualify to apply for a South African visa in Ghana. That is what I know.
. This question has nothing to do with me. Or applying for a South African Visa.I jst had a little argument wt someone..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
I have been reading recent comments and I love the responses I see.

Pls can somebody assist in guiding me. I received an admission to study at UCT masters level. This came in September but i had also applied to two other courses in different places and was waiting because I preferred them to the one I was given.

Just yesterday the two of them replied me that my application was not successful. So I have no option than to take the one given to me earlier.

I will be sending the declaration letter to them today but i have a few concerns.
1. Would the school think it is late that I am replying them almost three months later and withdraw their admission?
2. Can I still get a study visa before end of January? Resumption is in 6th February.
3. My dad knows someone who does Visitor's permitbfor his company. Does this count in getting my study permit faster?
4. How do I get medical insurance cover? I don't know anything about it.
5. I didnt need SAQA in getting the admission. Will it be necessary in securing the VISA?
6. The police clearance. Is it compulsory? How do I go about it?
7. How much would I need for the processing and flight? Which flight is most affordable and when is the best time to leave?

Thanks

The vhs office in Abuja where I live is closed for this year. It will be next year before I can submit my application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
preshuzpearl:

Pls can somebody assist in guiding me. I received an admission to study at UCT masters level. This came in September but i had also applied to two other courses in different places and was waiting because I preferred them to the one I was given.

Just yesterday the two of them replied me that my application was not successful. So I have no option than to take the one given to me earlier.

I will be sending the declaration letter to them today but i have a few concerns.
1. Would the school think it is late that I am replying them almost three months later and withdraw their admission?
2. Can I still get a study visa before end of January? Resumption is in 6th February.
3. My dad knows someone who does Visitor's permitbfor his company. Does this count in getting my study permit faster?
5. I didnt need SAQA in getting the admission. Will it be necessary in securing the VISA?
7. How much would I need for the processing and flight? Which flight is most affordable and when is the best time to leave?

Thanks

The vhs office in Abuja where I live is closed for this year. It will be next year before I can submit my application
Its not late to reply UCT
1. You need to tell UCT via a mail that they should send you a letter stating that you don't require SAQA to study in UCT, once u get that you can tender that at the embassy
2. Medical Aid: you need it try momentum.co.za they do medical insurance, look for their contact and email them, but I think they are closed for the year but will be back by the 5th of Jan
3. Talk to a police officer about your police clearance or if u are in Lagos go to Alagbon.
4. For study visa, you go to SA Embassy, not VFS to apply for your Visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by esosa4real(m): 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2014
samtol4:
YOU DONT NEED ANY AGENT.Get the correct documents and submit .

Shebi!! Thanks mehn!
Please for me going for the conference in September 2015, when do I apply for the visa? A period not to early and not too late!

Also, I guess I am exepted from letter of iv from sa resident? As I will get letter of iv from conference organisers
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dabigbangishere: 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hey nairalanders, I submitted my visa application at VFS, Lagos and today makes it 4weeks with no update from this guys. Anyone with idea and what I can do or who to contact to get my passport back?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 4stylz: 7:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
esosa4real:

Shebi!! Thanks mehn!
Please for me going for the conference in September 2015, when do I apply for the visa? A period not to early and not too late!

Also, I guess I am exepted from letter of iv from sa resident? As I will get letter of iv from conference organisers
Thanks

Hey everybody! I have a south africa visa which will expire on the 17th of January! I was busy with business so I couldn't go before now, and I wanted to travel now for Christmas and new year vaca... will I have any problem at the port of entry since its less than 1 month b4 the visa expires

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 4stylz: 7:10pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hey everybody! I have a south africa visa which will expire on the 17th of January! I was busy with business so I couldn't go before now, and I wanted to travel now for Christmas and new year vaca... will I have any problem at the port of entry since its less than 1 month b4 the visa expires
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
preshuzpearl:

Thanks

congrats ..Akeem has done justice to your questions .However let me add few things :1.You don't need any agent to secure study permit 2.Your dad knowing someone who does visitor visa is irrelevant and inconsequential to your application 3.Ensure you have all required documents(listed on your admission letter )4.Your resumption is Feb 6 meaning you must be in Capetown on Feb ,it is pertinent to say you apply in Lagos .(Study permit takes two weeks in Lagos but Abuja takes 6weeks plus).While the Embassy in Lagos will inform you the exact date to come for your permit but Abuja usually state "we get back to you"5.Don't meet any police officer for police report .I repeat don't to avoid stories that touch the heart. Simply go to Alagbon you will be charged between 3k to 5k and within 10minutes you get your police report(finger print attached) .Saqa is compulsory document for all foreign students,however some schools in SA don't require Saqa(Capetown uni,Rhodes,Monash,stellenbosch etc) but Embassies will ask .Just as Akeem rightly said get a letter from your school stating clearly that you don't need Saqa to commence study in Capetown University .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
4stylz:
No, just make sure u have a return ticket and u have your invitation letter with you or ur hotel booking, if u use hotel booking make sure I repeat make sure you have paid a deposit to the hotel, cos at the POE they might call the hotel if u haven't paid na yawa o

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 9:44am On Dec 24, 2014
There is no point withdrawing your passport after this long wait. Be assured that you will get it before mid January. I am aware the embassy had some technical issues before going on break and that could have possibly caused the delay. As a result, a friend of mine had his study visa delayed as well and was asked to check back on the 9th of January 2015.

Exercise more patience and all will be fine.

All the best
dabigbangishere:
Hey nairalanders, I submitted my visa application at VFS, Lagos and today makes it 4weeks with no update from this guys. Anyone with idea and what I can do or who to contact to get my passport back?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Peeshaun(m): 11:25am On Dec 24, 2014
yinksob002:
There is no point withdrawing your passport after this long wait. Be assured that you will get it before mid January. I am aware the embassy had some technical issues before going on break and that could have possibly caused the delay. As a result, a friend of mine had his study visa delayed as well and was asked to check back on the 9th of January 2015.

Exercise more patience and all will be fine.

All the best

vfs has closed for the year to resume back for the new year on the 5th of Jan....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 25, 2014
abnice2004:
please gurus in d house. i just got admission letter nw frm a uni. pls i want to know d neccesary documnt dat i will submitt at d embassy for a study permit. thanks
That's one of the best way to come into this country this days, if you are coming into with a visiting visa and hoping to change the condition later to something else it will not be possible anymore even if you proceed to the new VFS that collects applications for the DHA "Department of Home Affairs here in SA, they will process it and when it comes out, you will still be refused based on the conditions that your visa states that no change of condition and all those whatever and your application fee of 3 hundred something or 425 or something(Forgot the actual price) is gone... But heard there's a way to go about it but I'm not sure that's why I call it "Pauline Magic" lol
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 7:42am On Dec 25, 2014
You have your answer from Akeem & Sam. I will add that you must inform UCT international office of your situation. Tell them you may not be able to meet up with the registration deadline so they should give you an extension. If you don't inform them, you're on your own.

You can contact the following people at UCT International Office...
Ms Nosizwe Mgudlwa at nosizwe.mgudlwa@uct.ac.za (on holiday till 2nd January)
Ms Cornelia Williams at Cornelia.Williams@uct.ac.za

International Office can also be contacted at +27 21 650 2822; int-iapo@uct.ac.za

For Momentum Health Insurance, go the the link below and follow the instructions:

https://www.momentum.co.za/for/you/products/health/mmsa-student-application

Congratulations on the admission... I suggest you waste no further time in gathering all required documentation listed on the visa application form. That's if you're interested in going to UCT in February.

Best wishes...

preshuzpearl:

Thanks

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Samtoog: 7:00am On Dec 26, 2014
Hello guys. Merry Christmas to you all. Please, does anyone in the house know if the embassy contacts the bank to verify the statement of account submitted or they just make use of the submitted statement.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 4stylz: 7:35am On Dec 26, 2014
Samtoog:
Hello guys. Merry Christmas to you all. Please, does anyone in the house know if the embassy contacts the bank to verify the statement of account submitted or they just make use of the submitted statement.

Do you want to use a fake one?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:40am On Dec 26, 2014
Samtoog:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Samtoog: 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
4stylz:

Do you want to use a fake one?

Do you have an answer to the question? If you don't, then shut your mouth and allow those that have reasonable answers to give. Do you have to talk? This is a platform where questions are asked I believe. I have my reasons for asking and I don't do fake documents. My documents have already been submitted but I want to make use of some money from the account I submitted. Having filled in the statement, I want to know if I could use it without any harm to my application. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.