Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1728830 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Verostef(m): 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
akeem and makanakie please knock it off and burry ur annoyance. Let's continue in love wink

akeem0502:

Have I wished anyone bad on this thread please quote me
akeem0502:

Have I wished anyone bad on this thread please quote me

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 10:05am On Dec 09, 2014
Good day to all, please is it true that , In order to be invited by someone who is a citizen/ permanent resident in SA, can the invitee send his/her copy of national ID, bank account statement and the invitation letter to the person he/she wants to invite for visit via email or via courier service? thanks in anticipation of your kind responses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2014
drealsheggs:
Good day to all, please is it true that , In order to be invited by someone who is a citizen/ permanent resident in SA, can the invitee send his/her copy of national ID, bank account statement and the invitation letter to the person he/she wants to invite for visit via email or via courier service? thanks in anticipation of your kind responses.
Email is fine but the person should go to a police station and certify it before scanning
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 11:15am On Dec 09, 2014
thanks. But do you mean that it is better for the SA invitee to ensure that all those mentioned documents required by he/she must be certified by the SA police before he/she is sending the required documents to the person to be invited via email.

secondly, if the invitee chooses to send his/her documents to the person he/she is inviting via courier services like , Dhl or FedEx, does he/she still need to get those documents certified by SA police. and please kindly tell me the advantages and disadvantages of getting the documents certified by the police over there in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Waleabimbola(m): 11:15am On Dec 09, 2014
drealsheggs:

Let him/her send it via courier.. Dhl is just 290Rand to Nigeria.. I am sure you dont want to give the embassy any reason to deny you.The embassy might say the stamp on the Documents is fake if it sent via email.
Just an advice anyway.All the Best
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
@waleabimbola, Thanks for your advice too. but are you also saying that all those documents required by the invitee for the invited must be certified by the SA police and after the certification on the documents, he/she can now send it via courier service.

secondly, will the invitee's documents be couriered to the person's address, whom he/she is to be invited to SA or be sent directly to the SA embassy here in Nigeria?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wordsNOTswords(m): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hello House. Pls I will appreciate if u can help with few informations that is bothering me here.I just picked up my visa at the Vfs Global offfice in abuja.But the thing is,This is my first time of travelling out and there are still some things I need to know .
1.what document do I need to travel with. because I was told we will still be screened at the port of entry by the immigration officer there.
2.should I book hotel online before going even though I plan to rent an apartment when I get there
3.what is the ideal BTA to travel with.
4.plus there is a condition on my visa that says " EACH VISIT NOT TO EXCEED 30 DAYS"
5.if 4 is a limitation on the duration of my stay, how can I extend it. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
drealsheggs:
thanks. But do you mean that it is better for the SA invitee to ensure that all those mentioned documents required by he/she must be certified by the SA police before he/she is sending the required documents to the person to be invited via email.

secondly, if the invitee chooses to send his/her documents to the person he/she is inviting via courier services like , Dhl or FedEx, does he/she still need to get those documents certified by SA police. and please kindly tell me the advantages and disadvantages of getting the documents certified by the police over there in SA.
Yes it should be certified, the better for the applicant
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
wordsNOTswords:
Hello House. Pls I will appreciate if u can help with few informations that is bothering me here.I just picked up my visa at the Vfs Global offfice in abuja.But the thing is,This is my first time of travelling out and there are still some things I need to know .
1.what document do I need to travel with. because I was told we will still be screened at the port of entry by the immigration officer there.
2.should I book hotel online before going even though I plan to rent an apartment when I get there
3.what is the ideal BTA to travel with.
4.plus there is a condition on my visa that says " EACH VISIT NOT TO EXCEED 30 DAYS"
5.if 4 is a limitation on the duration of my stay, how can I extend it. Thanks.
Once you come into SA now with a visitors visa, you remain a visitor, you can't change it to study nor work visa. If you book a hotel, make sure u pay the minimum deposit the hotel has asked you to pay cos the immigration might call the hotel, your return ticket too must tally with the hotel check out date, you can extend ur visa but only as a visitor too, for a maximum of one time and 3 months (90 days) after this no more extension and you must have a congent reason to stay or extend.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Waleabimbola(m): 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
drealsheggs:
@waleabimbola, Thanks for your advice too. but are you also saying that all those documents required by the invitee for the invited must be certified by the SA police and after the certification on the documents, he/she can now send it via courier service.

secondly, will the invitee's documents be couriered to the person's address, whom he/she is to be invited to SA or be sent directly to the SA embassy here in Nigeria?

the documents should be signed and courier to you NOT to the embassy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
Thank you very much for the supportive informations that you gave me, please, can i use my bank account statement of 3months old ,and how much is the minimum money that i should have in my bank before going to submit my application at the VSF center. thanks in anticipation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Waleabimbola(m): 6:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
drealsheggs:
Thank you very much for the supportive informations that you gave me, please, can i use my bank account statement of 3months old ,and how much is the minimum money that i should have in my bank before going to submit my application at the VSF center. thanks in anticipation.

I think they want 6 months bank statement... I am not really sure.
let other people enlighten you on this issue please so as not to be misinformed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
tolma28:

But don't 4get dat even if he gets to the republic d permit can only be pasted on the expired passport. Den so if he can't how will he get his permit stamped since he is not in the republic?

I'm reading from where I stopped the last time (pg 108) and I'm not sure if you're satisfied already. I'll continue reading after this reply and if you're sorted already, good.

The SA government support "the power of attorney". Immigration officials may give him a hard time but he should stand his ground. He now has a Visa and should be allowed in. He only needs to have the visa pasted on his passport.

Also, before he leaves Nigeria, let him apply for transfer of visa from his expired passport to the new one. That way, immigration won't even know anything.

Cheers, and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:16pm On Dec 09, 2014
You are actually right.

However, a minimum balance of N400,000 to N600,000 should be okay. Note that the embassy places more emphasis on your acct turnover rather than your closing balance.
Waleabimbola:

I think they want 6 months bank statement... I am not really sure.
let other people enlighten you on this issue please so as not to be misinformed.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wordsNOTswords(m): 7:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
akeem0502:

Once you come into SA now with a visitors visa, you remain a visitor, you can't change it to study nor work visa. If you book a hotel, make sure u pay the minimum deposit the hotel has asked you to pay cos the immigration might call the hotel, your return ticket too must tally with the hotel check out date, you can extend ur visa but only as a visitor too, for a maximum of one time and 3 months (90 days) after this no more extension and you must have a congent reason to stay or extend.
Thanks but u didn't answer the number 1 question.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
wordsNOTswords:
Thanks but u didn't answer the number 1 question.
Your Yellow card, return ticket, letter of invitation or hotel booking receipt

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Verostef(m): 8:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
Pls friends am tired of reading i too want to fly out of naija. abeg i need someone to give me the abc of traveling to SA.
i have nce cert in crs/french. anyhope for me there?
pls attend to me in patience..

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 10:18am On Dec 10, 2014
Good day All, please is there a specific format that is needed to be used while writing a Self Introduction Letter for visa application to SA embassy and please , how do I construct the letter starting with my name and other details of myself?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 10:28am On Dec 10, 2014
makanakie:
@Akeem who are you to tell me to keep quiet? Anyway that's not too offensive but also thanks for wishing me a short stay over there but come to think of this....HOW MANY TIME HAVE YOU WISHED YOURSELF GOOD AND YOU GOT IT? Not to talk of wishing a fellow bad. YOU AINT GOD

Makanakie,

What's the update regarding your proposed travel?

If there's any more info you require from the forum, please ask so we can al assist in helping you make a firm-albeit legit decision.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:07am On Dec 10, 2014
I was building my case and hoping to read till the end (which I just finished) before responding to the @Makanakie question. I was going to RESPECTFULLY disagree with @Manager007 and continue the conversation. However, seems that some others have aired my views.

If we agreed that if you have a 3 month visa with no condition and the immigration official stamped you in for 30 days that you can ignore the immigration stamp (Peeshaun's case), the same should apply for a visa that expires on the 15th. Even if you are stamped in for 30 days (not likely), if you stay a day more than 15th, you will be declared "undesirable" for 1 year. If you spend more than 1 month after your visa expires, your "undesirable" status will be for 5 years (I think).

As far as I know, @akeem0520 has given the right answer. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

And for the record, @Makanakie sounds like a pomous and saucy man to me. If you need help, be polite. I'm sure @Samtol4 does not have his time yet. (*_~)

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:25am On Dec 10, 2014
drealsheggs:
Good day All, please is there a specific format that is needed to be used while writing a Self Introduction Letter for visa application to SA embassy and please , how do I construct the letter starting with my name and other details of myself?

Check this post and the advise of the person who replied. You should adjust the letter to suit yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/44#15675386

The original post is here: https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/43#15666115

Cheers and all the best
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2014
drealsheggs:
Good day to everyone, please does South Africa Embassy also conduct an interview for anyone that is applying for a visiting visa? please kindly enlighten me on this people, as your advise is highly welcomed. Thank you house.

I know this seemed answered but the answer is only partially right. The embassy do call people for interview once in a while, though it is not common. So yes, you MAY be invited for an interview.

Cheers and all the best.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
Verostef:
Pls friends am tired of reading i too want to fly out of naija. abeg i need someone to give me the abc of traveling to SA.
i have nce cert in crs/french. anyhope for me there?
pls attend to me in patience..

Documents needed to apply for visitor's permit.

• Valid passport which expires in no less than 30 days after expiry of the intended date of departure from the Republic
• A yellow fever vaccination certificate, where applicable.
• Marriage certificate or in the case of a foreign spousal relationship, proof of official recognition thereof issued by the authorities of the foreign country of the applicant (where applicable).
• Letter of introduction stating your reason for going and possibly motivation for coming back
• Letter of invitation from someone legally resident in the republic or proof of accommodation
• If going for a conference, proof of registration for the conference (or letter from the conference organizers
• Return ticket reservation at an airline. You don’t have to pay. Just use the book-on-hold option and print
• 3 months bank statement
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
please, will the SA Embassy here in nigeria accept a bank account statement of 3months old or preferably 6months old?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:48am On Dec 11, 2014
Waleabimbola:

the documents should be signed and courier to you NOT to the embassy
.Once documents are Certified by SA police the host can send via email ,posting by courier is just mere waste of money and time .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
I was at Lagos embassy yesterday. I was told that submission is only for Tuesday between 9&11am and that they are not sure if applicants will be attended to before the end of the year. It is most likely that we will be asked to come by Jan 6,2015.Anybody in d house with similar information
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
I was told at Abuja office that it will take 45working days and lagos takes 2 weeks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dabigbangishere: 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2014
I am having a big issue here so I need someone with experience to please respond to my post. I've traveled to SA about 2 times and I never overstay... I applied for a visa sometime last year and I was refused so I tried to visit again so while filling the form, someone convince me to fill that I have never been refused before which I foolishly did. Will this affect my chances of getting a visa? Also, do SA embassy have records for applications ever submitted? I will appreciate experience response and no immature talks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Samtoog: 4:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
Aboderinkay:
I was at Lagos embassy yesterday. I was told that submission is only for Tuesday between 9&11am and that they are not sure if applicants will be attended to before the end of the year. It is most likely that we will be asked to come by Jan 6,2015.Anybody in d house with similar information

Abuja embassy closes collection of study permit on Monday 15th December for this year to resume on January 5th 2015.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
Of course they do have records of previous applications just like other embassies.

However, since you didn't overstay during your previous visits, you may be lucky to have that part overlooked or they may not even notice it going by the volume of applications they treat on a daily basis.

Just relax, i believe it will come out fine. All the best
dabigbangishere:
I am having a big issue here so I need someone with experience to please respond to my post. I've traveled to SA about 2 times and I never overstay... I applied for a visa sometime last year and I was refused so I tried to visit again so while filling the form, someone convince me to fill that I have never been refused before which I foolishly did. Will this affect my chances of getting a visa? Also, do SA embassy have records for applications ever submitted? I will appreciate experience response and no immature talks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dabigbangishere: 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
I submitted by visa application on the 26th of November and till now, I've not heard anything or received any text from them. Could this be a problem that I won't be getting the visa since its taking a long time right now.

yinksob002:
Of course they do have records of previous applications just like other embassies.

However, since you didn't overstay during your previous visits, you may be lucky to have that part overlooked or they may not even notice it going by the volume of applications they treat on a daily basis.

Just relax, i believe it will come out fine. All the best
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:20am On Dec 12, 2014
Not at all. The embassy is currently dealing with a lot of applications but am sure you will get a response from them before they go on xmas break.

dabigbangishere:
I submitted by visa application on the 26th of November and till now, I've not heard anything or received any text from them. Could this be a problem that I won't be getting the visa since its taking a long time right now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.