Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1730841 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
Samtoog:

Do you have an answer to the question? If you don't, then shut your mouth and allow those that have reasonable answers to give. Do you have to talk? This is a platform where questions are asked I believe. I have my reasons for asking and I don't do fake documents. My documents have already been submitted but I want to make use of some money from the account I submitted. Having filled in the statement, I want to know if I could use it without any harm to my application. Cheers.

anybody has an answer for this? I'm interested in this too. Also, for example if one just incorporated a company as a result of a huge government grant and you would want to take a business trip, must you wait for 3 months bank statement of the company before you can use it. e.g a company is started in Jan and then funded, can I apply in Jan for a business trip, or must I wait till April to be able to use 3 months bank statement before any trip to SA is possible
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DieeDiee: 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
Samtoog:

Do you have an answer to the question? If you don't, then shut your mouth and allow those that have reasonable answers to give. Do you have to talk? This is a platform where questions are asked I believe. I have my reasons for asking and I don't do fake documents. My documents have already been submitted but I want to make use of some money from the account I submitted. Having filled in the statement, I want to know if I could use it without any harm to my application. Cheers.

If the account is legitimate and there's regular income coming into it then you shouldn't have to worry about the embassy calling your bank.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DieeDiee: 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
Donxavier:

anybody has an answer for this? I'm interested in this too. Also, for example if one just incorporated a company as a result of a huge government grant and you would want to take a business trip, must you wait for 3 months bank statement of the company before you can use it. e.g a company is started in Jan and then funded, can I apply in Jan for a business trip, or must I wait till April to be able to use 3 months bank statement before any trip to SA is possible

Go to the department of home affairs website for the new laws. But in your case I think a grant letter, a bank letter plus an affidavit might suffice since it's a business trip.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
Hello house, permit me to ask (I have a hunch someone might have asked the same question in the thread).In applying for the Critical skills visa..If it is granted, will it be for the 5 years at once or 12 months that the holder is expected to find employment n thereafter extended to the 5 years. ? I'm soon to apply for mine. Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by esosa4real(m): 3:53am On Dec 28, 2014
Donxavier:

Why r y guys even answering him? He has no manners....he shud ve jux spelt out his question properly in the first place about the situation of his account being he reason why he is asking if embassy does verification......yeye pikin!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:28am On Dec 28, 2014
esosa4real:

Why r y guys even answering him? He has no manners....he shud ve jux spelt out his question properly in the first place about the situation of his account being he reason why he is asking if embassy does verification......yeye pikin!

Lols, bros no vex o grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
Hi guys. About the study permit to south Africa, will it be okay if I pay have medical insurance for 6 months and renew it when I get there?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
preshuzpearl:
Hi guys. About the study permit to south Africa, will it be okay if I pay have medical insurance for 6 months and renew it when I get there?
You pay for 12 months or else your visa application will be rejected
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
akeem0502:

Wow. Okay.
can someone submit the application on my behalf?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
Samtoog:

You should have been explicit in your question.

Trust me, your first question calls for that answer given.

Remove your money. Embassy will never ask of your
account balance. They will only confirm some transactions
if need be.

~ Sheyi
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abaeli: 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
Compliment of the season my people!
Plz I heard that repatriation fee is being refunded but dont know how true it is, hope it wont affect permit on passport sha, as anyone gotten his/her own? kindly lead me on requirement to get it or details about it. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abaeli: 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
[quote author=preshuzpearl post=29277974]

Wow. Okay.
can someone submit the application on my behalf?[think you can if its Abuja embassy with a letter if need be once the requirements is met]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
akeem0502:

Mine was 11 months February to December 2015...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 8:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
Cypha8:

Mine was 11 months February to December 2015...
How many years//months was on your admission letter?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 5:48am On Dec 29, 2014
akeem0502:

How many years//months was on your admission letter?

You mean course duration?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2014
I will advise you to go for 12 months to avoid unnecessary denial or delay.
preshuzpearl:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2014
If you request for a refund of your repatriation fee before your study permit expires, the permit will be cancelled once the repatriation fee is refunded.

Otherwise, you may need to wait for your study permit to expire before requesting for a refund of the repatriation fee.
abaeli:
Compliment of the season my people!
Plz I heard that repatriation fee is being refunded but dont know how true it is, hope it wont affect permit on passport sha, as anyone gotten his/her own? kindly lead me on requirement to get it or details about it. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 8:24am On Dec 29, 2014
akeem0502:

You can pay for 10 months; starting from February to November.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 8:27am On Dec 29, 2014
yinksob002:
If you request for a refund of your repatriation fee before your study permit expires, the permit will be cancelled once the repatriation fee is refunded.

Otherwise, you may need to wait for your study permit to expire before requesting for a refund of the repatriation fee.
It seems you are not current with the repatriation refund policy. You have to request for the repatriation refunds on or before 28th of February, 2015. I will be going to Abuja to collect mine before going back to SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
I don't know about Abuja but in Lagos, that is what is obtainable up till early this month cos i met someone at the SA embassy in lagos who went through the process recently. He was given an option to choose from viz a viz:
i) Wait till the study visa expires and get a repatriation refund or;
ii) Process it now but with a condition that the visa will be cancelled as it is yet to expire.

The deadline of 28th Feb 2015 is to enable concerned parties to process their request on or before then, otherwise it will be forfeited to the state.
chemashie:

It seems you are not current with the repatriation refund policy. You have to request for the repatriation refunds on or before 28th of February, 2015. I will be going to Abuja to collect mine before going back to SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 12:05am On Dec 30, 2014
Cypha8:

You mean course duration?
Yes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 6:44am On Dec 30, 2014
pyr8te:
Hello house, permit me to ask (I have a hunch someone might have asked the same question in the thread).In applying for the Critical skills visa..If it is granted, will it be for the 5 years at once or 12 months that the holder is expected to find employment n thereafter extended to the 5 years. ? I'm soon to apply for mine. Thank you.

12months, extended to 5yrs if you submit the proof of employment.
where are you applying from?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 10:09am On Dec 30, 2014
Thanks sultan. I'm presently in nigeria-lagos to be precise. I read the submission for that category of visa (critical skills) are to be made directly to the high commission here in lagos..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 30, 2014
is there a fixed amount of money that should be in the account when i present the financial statement? for study visa

and

somebody told me that they no longer request for repatriation fee. how true is this?
thanks

Cc: akeem0502, chemashie
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
preshuzpearl:
is there a fixed amount of money that should be in the account when i present the financial statement? for study visa

and

somebody told me that they no longer request for repatriation fee. how true is this?
thanks

Cc: akeem0502, chemashie
Anything from 700k and above should do for the processing. They are only interested in the activities of your account and not fixed cash.
As for the repatriation, it has been stopped.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
pyr8te:
Thanks sultan. I'm presently in nigeria-lagos to be precise. I read the submission for that category of visa (critical skills) are to be made directly to the high commission here in lagos..

Correct!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
Good everyone, please does anyone know or have idea on how much it cost to be enrolled for a nurse assistant/nursing program in SA. and is it also possible for one to get a job doing so as to be able to finance and feed him or herself while doing the diploma program .

can a visitors visa be renewed and extended while the visitor is in SA and he/she has decided to stay/start a new life in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
akeem0502:

Yes

3 years duration stated on offer letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 6:11am On Dec 31, 2014
Cypha8:

3 years duration stated on offer letter.
You need to pay a minimum of 1 year medical insurance to get a visa, on your second year of registration in the school you can pay 6 months
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 7:15am On Dec 31, 2014
pyr8te:

Yes....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 7:17am On Dec 31, 2014
drealsheggs:
Good everyone, please does anyone know or have idea on how much it cost to be enrolled for a nurse assistant/nursing program in SA. and is it also possible for one to get a job doing so as to be able to finance and feed him or herself while doing the diploma program .

can a visitors visa be renewed and extended while the visitor is in SA and he/she has decided to stay/start a new life in SA?

Yes, you can renew or extend the visa, but with the new laws, you are not allowed with a visitor's visA to apply for another category of Visa in SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abaeli: 7:39am On Dec 31, 2014
yinksob002:

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.