Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1728403 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 1:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
Bleney:

I applied for study visa on the 10th of feb in Abuja. Tho dey said i should check in two months time embarassed . R u guys really sure of Abuja not collecting application for study permit
As at d day I submitted, it had close for Abj.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bleney: 1:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
bisi16:

As at d day I submitted, it had close for Abj.

kk
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Growingboi:
I got it(visa) today in just 5 working days. Thanks to nairalanders for making my convocation in unisa possible especially d ones on this thread.

pls u can as well help with d cheapest(safety 1st) airline to book n the time to book to make it more cheaper.

still awaiting reply pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
Guys pls I booked SAA and I'm about to pay by online transfer through internet banking but I don't know how to convert to naira and send. Fare is 767.49dollars and I have a naira mastercard. How do I go about this?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 5:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
Kentrasso:
Guys pls I booked SAA and I'm about to pay by online transfer through internet banking but I don't know how to convert to naira and send. Fare is 767.49dollars and I have a naira mastercard. How do I go about this?

kindly try this link below. It would help you with the conversion stuff. Cheers.

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=767.49&From=USD&To=NGN
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 5:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
drealsheggs:

kindly try this link below. It would help you with the conversion stuff. Cheers.

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=767.49&From=USD&To=NGN

Thanks so much you're the best.

Do I send that exact amount or would it incure charges?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2015
Kentrasso:

Thanks so much you're the best.

Do I send that exact amount or would it incure charges?

There would be extra charges because of the fluctuation of dollar, but you approximate the amount to #154,000. since the original conversion is #153,114.43. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by neyooo: 7:35pm On Feb 17, 2015
Has anyone has information on when study permit application will last in Lagos? Would it last till April? Information in this wise, will be appreciated. Thank you!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
Growingboi:
I got it(visa) today in just 5 working days. Thanks to nairalanders for making my convocation in unisa possible especially d ones on this thread.

pls u can as well help with d cheapest(safety 1st) airline to book n the time to book to make it more cheaper.
check Arik airline at midnit or early hour of the day .75k to 100k,SA airways 100k upward or less @midnit and early morning .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 11:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
Why does everyone keep quoting arik airline? I.ve never met a cheap booking time with that airline.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 3:16am On Feb 18, 2015
hello everyone.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 11:51am On Feb 18, 2015
samtol4:
check Arik airline at midnit or early hour of the day .75k to 100k,SA airways 100k upward or less @midnit and early morning .

God will mightily bless u samtol4

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:11pm On Feb 18, 2015
Kentrasso:
Why does everyone keep quoting arik airline? I.ve never met a cheap booking time with that airline.
You didn't check well madam because am talking out of experience .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2015
slumcat:
hello everyone.
A friend of mine wants to invite me to SA for a 2 weeks visit. please i'd like to know the list of documents that he needs to send to me for the visa application. i'd also like to know if his bank statement would be needed, if the documents can be sent via email and if certification would be necessary on the documents before sending.
please i need your contributions, i'm supposed to begin the application on monday.
thanks y'all.
@samtol4.
1.Letter of invitation 2.proof of accommodation 3.Bank statement 4 passport data page all certified and scan to via email.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 2:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
samtol4:

They don't fly Cape Town
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by J3da: 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hi dears please is it possible to book a one way flight to SA with a visiting visa instead of a round trip?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
Kentrasso:

They don't fly Cape Town
how much did dey charge u for Capetown?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hi peeps, I just booked Arik to S.A but a friend just telling me now that Arik is nt First Timer friendly..

How true is dat
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hello to everybody in the house.

There was once a visa issue query from a certain Nairalander “Makanakie” who had only 8-day validity on his visa and wanted to know if he could be allowed to enter SA. I think his visa expires Dec 16th 2014 or so.

He wanted to know is SA immigrations wouldn’t give him problems at entry.

Was he allowed to travel? I hope all is well with him.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
J3da:
Hi dears please is it possible to book a one way flight to SA with a visiting visa instead of a round trip?

If you meant booking a one-way trip from anywhere in the world into SA on a visitor's visa, the answer is NO.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 2:48am On Feb 19, 2015
Guys o. After paying the naira equivalent of 153,500 approx.,(for $767.49) into their stanbic ibtc account, I got this error message:

Error
There is a mismatch in the configured currency. Please contact SAA Call Center.
OK

I plan to call tomorrow but by then my booking period would have lapsed. Has anyone ever experienced this? What did it mean?

Cc drealsheggs, samtol4
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:14am On Feb 19, 2015
Kentrasso:
Guys o. After paying the naira equivalent of 153,500 approx.,(for $767.49) into their stanbic ibtc account, I got this error message:

Error
There is a mismatch in the configured currency. Please contact SAA Call Center.
OK

I plan to call tomorrow but by then my booking period would have lapsed. Has anyone ever experienced this? What did it mean?

Cc drealsheggs, samtol4

it mean your calculation of Dollars to naira maybe wrong ,Please call their customer care center.Nothing to worry .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:05am On Feb 19, 2015
elume2020:

Eish bra. Veele, its expensive. Chilling with TYPOP.

Baba. *doffs hat*
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:09am On Feb 19, 2015
Kentrasso: Why does everyone keep quoting arik airline? I.ve never met a cheap booking time with that airline.
samtol4:

Gbam. Last time I went home, SAA was like 110k, I paid 76 for Arik (paid in rands. This is just naira equivalent)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 7:23am On Feb 19, 2015
neyooo:
Has anyone has information on when study permit application will last in Lagos? Would it last till April? Information in this wise, will be appreciated. Thank you!
it's closing on the 24th of this month, I went to the embassy yesterday.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 7:30am On Feb 19, 2015
Please how long does it take the south African embassy in Lagos to process a study permit?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 9:01am On Feb 19, 2015
BOWOTO:
Please how long does it take the south African embassy in Lagos to process a study permit?
3wks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 10:27am On Feb 19, 2015
samtol4:
1.Letter of invitation 2.proof of accommodation 3.Bank statement 4 passport data page all certified and scan to via email.
thanks bro, i really appreciate it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 10:32am On Feb 19, 2015
hello house,
please can anyone in the house give a blueprint of what an letter invitation should look like?.
thanks.

please someone should give me an answer to this question. i just need a short guide on what the letter should contain.
thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by f4ever2015: 11:45am On Feb 19, 2015
I applied for 3months SA tourist visa and got an sms today for collection after 45 working days. Though i have been traveling to Asia during my 3yrs study but i have never been to SA so its my first time of applying but they denied me visa saying " fake bank statement". i am so confused because i used my personal bank statement . Please how long can it take for me to re apply. Can i re apply immediately? . no stamp on my passport, they just gave me a written note that my bank statement is fake. what surprises me is that i used my personal savings account bank statement from fidelity bank, i even told my account officer about it and she said it can`t be possible. though i am still confused if its the bank statement my uncle in SA sent to me along side with invitation letter and citizenship id number of which his brother that used that same bank statement few months back was given visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 12:14pm On Feb 19, 2015
f4ever2015:
I applied for 3months SA tourist visa and got an sms today for collection after 45 working days. Though i have been traveling to Asia during my 3yrs study but i have never been to SA so its my first time of applying but they denied me visa saying " fake bank statement". i am so confused because i used my personal bank statement . Please how long can it take for me to re apply. Can i re apply immediately? . no stamp on my passport, they just gave me a written note that my bank statement is fake. what surprises me is that i used my personal savings account bank statement from fidelity bank, i even told my account officer about it and she said it can`t be possible. though i am still confused if its the bank statement my uncle in SA sent to me along side with invitation letter and citizenship id number of which his brother that used that same bank statement few months back was given visa.
you need to wait a while before you reapply (6 months minimum) if you reapply now you'll get your passport stamped and trust me you don't want that.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 5:58pm On Feb 19, 2015
tweb1:
I was offered admission to wits university on 28th Jan. I manged to finally submit my study visa application yesterday 12th feb. Lectures are starting on 16th febuary. The embassy gave me 6th march to come back. Please is there any hope that I can get the visa earlier than the embassy date? Because am on the verge of losing the admission of I arrive too late.

email your faculty secretary, they will sort it out. you won't lose your admission

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: lymelyte(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.