Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733494 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sething: 9:27am On Aug 29, 2018
Good morning People,
Please l have a brother who has gotten Critical Skill Visa(CSV) already but he want to go with his family and he doesn't know the steps to follow in other to process his family visa since he has gotten CSV already. Please what are the stages/steps to follow in other to process his family visa since he has gotten CSV for himself. Thanks you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DadR: 9:36am On Aug 29, 2018
Congratulations to your brother.

You can check here for the type of visa to apply for http://www.vfsglobaldotcom/southafrica/nigeria/guide-to-processing-times.html

BTW, do you have an idea of how much your brother had in his account when he submitted his CSV application to the embassy?

Cheers

sething:
Good morning People,
Please l have a brother who has gotten Critical Skill Visa(CSV) already but he want to go with his family and he doesn't know the steps to follow in other to process his family visa since he has gotten CSV already. Please what are the stages/steps to follow in other to process his family visa since he has gotten CSV for himself. Thanks you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sething: 10:44am On Aug 29, 2018
Yes, minimum of 400K in your Account is okay for single Applicant for CSV at the South Africa High Commission in Lagos.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sething: 11:55am On Aug 29, 2018
[quote author=adespecial post=69873845]Congratulations to you

Pls can you explain what the critical skills application is all about. Thanks

Congrats Bro.

Please, getting the CSV, what are the processes for family that want to follow you to South Africa. Which forms are to be filled and other requirements needed at the South Africa embassy.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DadR: 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ok, thanks a bunch.

sething:
Yes, minimum of 400K in your Account is okay for single Applicant for CSV at the South Africa High Commission in Lagos.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DadR: 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
One more thing please, did your brother purchase a one-way ticket and submit the evidence with his application or there was no need for that?

@sething

sething:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nyce55: 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2018
grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
deolama:
H

Thanks for the prompt response.
1)U are saying the child can get a south African passport. Then does she need a Nigerian visa?
2)I heard though not sure that south Africa does not accept dual citizenship.
The child will not have SA passport until 18 under the new immigration law . if she has nigerian passport she doesn't need visa .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
sething:
Good morning People,
How old are the members of the family ? Accompany visa or study visa will be okay depending on age of the family members
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sething: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2018
Wife and children between 7 to 11 years.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by odigiri1983(m): 2:13pm On Aug 30, 2018
paulavon:
You need to certify your degree certigicate and send it along with the completed form. ECSA will need to evaluate your degree and tell you the right professional designation you qualify for. You are required to pay their fees for registration and evaluation of your degree.
Please kindly advise me on the medium to pay registration fee for ECSA application?Can't see where to use card transfer.Also,clarify to me if registration fee is different from the assessment fee?Thanks,hoping to see your response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sething: 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
DadR:
One more thing please, did your brother purchase a one-way ticket and submit the evidence with his application or there was no need for that?

@sething

It's better to purchase return ticket because of some crazy immigration official at the point of entry even though you have critical work visa with you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DadR: 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
OK. I was asking if the ticket was included in your brother's application for CSV.

sething:

It's better to purchase return ticket because of some crazy immigration official at the point of entry even though you have critical work visa with you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
samtol4:
[s]The child will not have SA passport until 18 under the new immigration law[/s] . if she has nigerian passport she doesn't need visa .

Not correct. There's something called children's passport issued to those under the age of 16.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by paulavon: 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2018
Use a booked return flight ticket for your application.You don't have to pay for the flight yet. After you have gotten your Visa you can choose to fly with oneway or return ticket.
DadR:
OK. I was asking if the ticket was included in your brother's application for CSV.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DadR: 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ok thank you. I was thinking it shouldn't be compulsory to submit a booked ticket since it's a Critical Skill Visa and not a tourist or study visa.

paulavon:
Use a booked return flight ticket for your application.You don't have to pay for the flight yet. After you have gotten your Visa you can choose to fly with oneway or return ticket.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by paulavon: 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
ECSA do make use of credit card payment,please check the site very well.The registration fee is different from the certificate evaluation fee. They do not accept evaluation done by SAQA,they like conducting their own evaluation. ECSA registration is quite stressful, though am an engineer but i registered with occupational health and safety professional body,which is my current job position. I did not complete my ECSA registration process. You just have to look for any of the professional bodies that is related to your field and easy to register.

odigiri1983:

Please kindly advise me on the medium to pay registration fee for ECSA application?Can't see where to use card transfer.Also,clarify to me if registration fee is different from the assessment fee?Thanks,hoping to see your response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by paulavon: 10:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
It is compulsary,check the checklist
DadR:
Ok thank you. I was thinking it shouldn't be compulsory to submit a booked ticket since it's a Critical Skill Visa and not a tourist or study visa.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 30, 2018
Hello I applied for a short visa last month at Abuja vfs office but up till now I haven't gotten my visa yet.does it take that long to get your visa ?cause am worried it taking long.it says my visa is still under assessment

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hairybelly01: 11:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
Planning my trip already to SA. Any idea on
1) if my GtB MasterCard can be used over there?

2)what cost of feeding is on an average

3) also Cost of transportation

4) how to get access to internet for the 10 days I'll be spending and cost of getting a sim card plus internet connection
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 12:37am On Aug 31, 2018
Hairybelly01:
Planning my trip already to SA. Any idea on
1) if my GtB MasterCard can be used over there?

2)what cost of feeding is on an average

3) also Cost of transportation

4) how to get access to internet for the 10 days I'll be spending and cost of getting a sim card plus internet connection

1.Yes. POS only.

2. Depending on your eating habits (assuming you are patronising Nigerian restaurants) R150/day should be OK assuming ur hotel gives you breakfast.

3. Short trips on taxify will cost around R20. Public transport is cheap R11-R12 but ensure you know ur way and never seat in front.

4. Buy telkom sim card it's around R10 , 2gb for R200 should be OK for you. Check those paki shops.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by prodam(m): 4:58am On Aug 31, 2018
Aside CSV, is there any other benefit of obtaining the SAQA evaluation?

Would want someone to let us know a few other opportunities available for holders of this evaluation.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:33am On Aug 31, 2018
Geenosko:

Not correct. There's something called children's passport issued to those under the age of 16.
children passport ? No passport is issued to immigrants kid
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by paulavon: 6:49am On Aug 31, 2018
You need your SAQA to apply to most of their universities for studies. You also need it when applying for jobs or professional bodies.SAQA is very important.
prodam:
Aside CSV, is there any other benefit of obtaining the SAQA evaluation?

Would want someone to let us know a few other opportunities available for holders of this evaluation.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 31, 2018
paul1995:
Hello I applied for a short visa last month at Abuja vfs office but up till now I haven't gotten my visa yet.does it take that long to get your visa ?cause am worried it taking long.it says my visa is still under assessment
please op answer questions
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 7:31am On Aug 31, 2018
samtol4:
children passport ? No passport is issued to immigrants kid

Well, do your research properly sha. I know several. So it's not second hand info.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by odigiri1983(m): 7:32am On Aug 31, 2018
paulavon:
ECSA do make use of credit card payment,please check the site very well.The registration fee is different from the certificate evaluation fee. They do not accept evaluation done by SAQA,they like conducting their own evaluation. ECSA registration is quite stressful, though am an engineer but i registered with occupational health and safety professional body,which is my current job position. I did not complete my ECSA registration process. You just have to look for any of the professional bodies that is related to your field and easy to register.
Thank you so much,God bless you.Will my critical visa application be accepted if I register with the South African Council for Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP),I have been working as a road construction Engineer for over 8 years?Already the South African Council for Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP) has approved my application but am yet to make payment.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by paulavon: 8:16am On Aug 31, 2018
SACPCMP is a good alternative, it is related to your work field. I know some engineers who got their CSV with it. It is the statutory body recognized by SAQA for construction and project management professionals. Do not waste your time with ECSA,go ahead with SACPCMP.
[quote author=odigiri1983 post=70768931][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by prodam(m): 9:01am On Aug 31, 2018
paulavon:
You need your SAQA to apply to most of their universities for studies. You also need it when applying for jobs or professional bodies.SAQA is very important.

Oh! I see, Thanks Boss. Mine is in transit, already got the electronic version.

Meanwhile, how long did it take you to get your professional body registration done? I am asking cos SAQA really took time and I read somewhere that IITPSA takes more time.

Thanks again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 31, 2018
prodam:

Oh! I see, Thanks Boss. Mine is in transit, already got the electronic version.

Meanwhile, how long did it take you to get your professional body registration done? I am asking cos SAQA really took time and I read somewhere that IITPSA takes more time.

Thanks again.

IITPSA membership and CSA took about 4 weeks in my case. I believe 6 weeks is what is mentioned on the application portal/form.

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.