Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735225 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hairybelly01:
Please how do I go about transporting myself from OR tambo airport to Randburg.
Download Taxify app on your phone, make use of it as you get there. But there are cabs at the airport also.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Drey143(m): 9:49am On Sep 06, 2018
Diamond1960:
Yes this is the type I talked about but most preferably try and use FLYSA https://www.flysaa.com/ and ensure you do the dummy itinerary few days to the time you will go to the embassy. It can also be a day to your submission of visa application. Certainly, it is valid for the embassy.
Oh okay no problem.. Thank you very much.. Really appreciate..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Drey143(m): 10:02am On Sep 06, 2018
kennyace:
Hi bro, im considering also applying to the university of Capetown, did you have to look for a supervisor prior to applying.. Will really appreciate if you can post how you went about securing your admission for people like me to know the process. Thanks

Their process is one of the simplest in this world.. Once you have your credentials.. Your good to go.. In fact I got the admission since last year..was supposed to resume this year January but due to financial constraints I had to defer till next year and they kept my admission for me smiley

I applied as an undergrad so I didn't need a supervisor. But I used Cambridge A'levels & WAEC results while applying.They don't accept WAEC results only.So I applied on the website with my details,passport number and all neccesary info.

Finally, I paid app fees of 300Zar..the country is quite in recession now so the currency has dropped a bit..you can make use of this opportunity..

So, if your ready to apply click on this

https://applyonline.uct.ac.za/psc/onapplic/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/UCT_PUBLIC_MENU.UCT_SS_APPL.GBL?FolderPath=PORTAL_ROOT_OBJECT.UCT_SS_APPL_GBL&IsFolder=false&IgnoreParamTempl=FolderPath%2cIsFolder&

I hope this info helps.. Cheers smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hairybelly01: 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
adespecial:
Hi e- family,
I must say I enjoyed my stay in south Africa. Its really a nice country and in fact my son told me he didn't want to come back to Nigeria.......
For those of us travelling on a low budget... MARATHON LODGE KESIGNTON is a good place you can stay.....its just 350rands per night with free WiFi all over, a clean swimming pool and a too reception.

Note that, it also central to everywhere.....

Lastly, please try and make payment to any hotel u want to lodge and come with your I.d. card cos the rate at which they were sending people back at d point of entry is high..

Holiday is over
I'llike to discuss with you privately about your journey

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
kennyace:
Hi bro, im considering also applying to the university of Capetown, did you have to look for a supervisor prior to applying.. Will really appreciate if you can post how you went about securing your admission for people like me to know the process. Thanks

If you're applying for a masters research only degree or PhD that's when you need a supervisor to apply. For all the others, you don't need to.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hairybelly01: 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2018
Please is there any quick way to change my BTA to Rands on arrival in SA as I don't have Rand currency at the moment and my trip is due next week
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2018
Hairybelly01:
Please is there any quick way to change my BTA to Rands on arrival in SA as I don't have Rand currency at the moment and my trip is due next week
Change your currency at MMIA before leaving Nigeria.
Over there, their commission on FX exchange is too high.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hairybelly01: 10:20pm On Sep 06, 2018
eluquenson:
Change your currency at MMIA before leaving Nigeria.
Over there, their commission on FX exchange is too high.
Thanks for the response but this is where getting confused. At the point that immigration request for my BTA and I present the $500, can I still change the currency to Rands ?
Or is it better I convert the money to Rands and present it to the immigration if asked for BTA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:51am On Sep 07, 2018
teiluj:
Please, where can I get the yellow card?
airport
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:53am On Sep 07, 2018
Hairybelly01:

Thanks for the response but this is where getting confused. At the point that immigration request for my BTA and I present the $500, can I still change the currency to Rands ?
Or is it better I convert the money to Rands and present it to the immigration if asked for BTA?
No immigration officer will ask for your Bta except those ones in Lagos who want to milk you and no one count to confirm .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:53am On Sep 07, 2018
Hairybelly01:
Get Rand from your bank

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by miqos02(m): 11:12am On Sep 07, 2018
samtol4:
Get Rand from your bank
which Nigerian bank issue Rand?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by odigiri1983(m): 11:15am On Sep 07, 2018
Good people can I get a medical certificate from any hospital or doctor for south Africa work visa or is there a specified hospital to obtain it from?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by miqos02(m): 11:19am On Sep 07, 2018
Enjoyment
adespecial:
Hi e- family,
I must say I enjoyed my stay in south Africa. Its really a nice country and in fact my son told me he didn't want to come back to Nigeria.......
For those of us travelling on a low budget... MARATHON LODGE KESIGNTON is a good place you can stay.....its just 350rands per night with free WiFi all over, a clean swimming pool and a too reception.

Note that, it also central to everywhere.....

Lastly, please try and make payment to any hotel u want to lodge and come with your I.d. card cos the rate at which they were sending people back at d point of entry is high..

Holiday is over
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hairybelly01: 11:36am On Sep 07, 2018
samtol4:
No immigration officer will ask for your Bta except those ones in Lagos who want to milk you and no one count to confirm .
im getting confusing reports on this Ooo..some are saying minimum of $500 and immigration must confirm it while others are saying immigration won'tbother you.

Meanwhile where can I get Rands?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:56am On Sep 07, 2018
Hairybelly01:
im getting confusing reports on this Ooo..some are saying minimum of $500 and immigration must confirm it while others are saying immigration won'tbother you.

how much Rand do u need }? Go to bank sir
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:58am On Sep 07, 2018
Hairybelly01:

My English is clear sir . No south African immigration officer will ask for Bta . Only those in Nigeria may ask and none will count to confirm 500 or not . purpose of asking is to collect tips for newbies .

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:59am On Sep 07, 2018
odigiri1983:
Good people can I get a medical certificate from any hospital or doctor for south Africa work visa or is there a specified hospital to obtain it from?
South African medical aid . Momentum or compare .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by icanfixitmyself: 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2018
Please how soon can I re apply for a South Africa tourist visa with my wife as we were denied 2 months ago as a result of forged bank statements? I earn roughly #165k a month but was advice that I needed upto #1.2m as my closing balance at the time of my application which made me go by the agent's advice to get a statements that reflects this.
. . .kindly advice appropriately with no abusive words please. I look forward to your response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hairybelly01: 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2018
samtol4:
My English is clear sir . No south African immigration officer will ask for Bta . Only those in Nigeria may ask and none will count to confirm 500 or not . purpose of asking is to collect tips for newbies .
Thanks for the clarification. My first time traveling. Should I strong face for them when they ask or give them a little tip?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
icanfixitmyself:
Please how soon can I re apply for a South Africa tourist visa with my wife as we were denied 2 months ago as a result of forged bank statements? I earn roughly #165k a month but was advice that I needed upto #1.2m as my closing balance at the time of my application which made me go by the agent's advice to get a statements that reflects this.
. . .kindly advice appropriately with no abusive words please. I look forward to your response.

Forgery? Forget about applying for the next five years at least.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2018
Slaveryisgood:

Why are you people embarasing Nigeria by rushing to a stupid backward country like this xenophobic shythole? undecided.

Justwise pls may you kindly do the needful, this troll is back with a new moniker.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by icanfixitmyself: 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2018
. . .yehh shocked shocked shocked shocked. . .despite the fact that we weren't ban!
thanks though @Geenosko

Geenosko:

Forgery? Forget about applying for the next five years at least.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by odigiri1983(m): 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2018
samtol4:
South African medical aid . Momentum or compare .
Thanks,but I meant a hospital in Nigeria for the medical report.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2018
odigiri1983:

download the medical report form from SA embassy site and take to any recognized hospital in Nigeria for stamping and Dr signature
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hello have been complaining about the visa application that I applied for during July 25 and I just got this message today that reads ....
Processed Visa Application Reference no. SAAB/250718/0014/01 has been received at The South African Visa Application centre for collection, ABUJA for processing on 07-09-2018
Hello does it mean my visa application was accepted ..
Got both email and texts from vfs.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hairybelly01:

Change to Rand before leaving, immigration will accept both USD & Rand.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2018
Any General, State or Federal Hospital
odigiri1983:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2018
It will likely be available to you very soon. Maybe next week
paul1995:
Hello have been complaining about the visa application that I applied for during July 25 and I just got this message today that reads ....
Processed Visa Application Reference no. SAAB/250718/0014/01 has been received at The South African Visa Application centre for collection, ABUJA for processing on 07-09-2018
Hello does it mean my visa application was accepted ..
Got both email and texts from vfs.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mynaija123(m): 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2018
Please what is the process of getting a permanent resident visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: oluayebenz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.