Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727914 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Miiidey: 7:59am On Nov 15, 2018
Hi guys, I paid for courier service and my visa has been ready since Tuesday cause they sent me a text but I haven’t gotten my passport still, Pls any idea what I can do.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Queenbeloveth(f): 8:49am On Nov 15, 2018
October 11th
qalifa:

When did you submit and is yours visiting visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 11:32am On Nov 15, 2018
Queenbeloveth:
October 11th
Visiting ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HelpingHands100: 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hi guys,

What's the cheapest means to transfer money from Nigeria to South Africa.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anfieldboss: 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello House,

Please I will like to ask, Can I register with ECSA as a Pr. Eng (Registered Engineer) with my BEng degree in Electrical Engineering. I noticed some persons that applied to be registered as engineers with ECSA were registered as Technicians instead.

Please I would appreciate clarification on this.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olamilec(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
HelpingHands100:
Hi guys,

What's the cheapest means to transfer money from Nigeria to South Africa.

Thanks.
Find a trusted person in South Africa then send the money into his account in naira and he will help you out in rands.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phorllytony(m): 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2018
Please anyone heard of any collection going on at the Abuja embassy... have submitted since October
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 12:25am On Nov 16, 2018
phorllytony:
Please anyone heard of any collection going on at the Abuja embassy... have submitted since October
Submitted since August... they have a backlog of applications so it may take a while
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anfieldboss: 4:54am On Nov 16, 2018
Anfieldboss:

Hello House,

Please I will like to ask, Can I register with ECSA as a Pr. Eng (Registered Engineer) with my BEng degree in Electrical Engineering. I noticed some persons that applied to be registered as engineers with ECSA were registered as Technicians instead.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 5:33am On Nov 16, 2018
qalifa:

Submitted since August... they have a backlog of applications so it may take a while
pls what is the address where i can submit in Abuja
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 10:34am On Nov 16, 2018
Don1985:
pls what is the address where i can submit in Abuja
Umm just check their website I can’t remember the exact address
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dubaiboy1: 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
Hi guys , has anyone applied for Foreign Conditional Exemption Certificate before ?? I wonder if anyone can put me through the process. I applied for an admission at the University of pretoria but they asked me for this certificate.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 16, 2018
Emperoh:

I am sure you are going for the AfricaComm event for the FAW TECH PRIZE?
We dey the same boat. Still chasing mine. I was at the High Commission on Monday and Tuesday. Bros, I don't know, but it will be a miracle if that thing comes out by tomorrow. They have close to 2 months backlog.

hello.. can you give ma a summary and cost of applying for a visit visa for a conference... Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anfieldboss: 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
dubaiboy1:
Hi guys , has anyone applied for Foreign Conditional Exemption Certificate before ?? I wonder if anyone can put me through the process. I applied for an admission at the University of pretoria but they asked me for this certificate.

UP always have funny requirements, I was told to go and do Honours with my BEng Electrical Engineering degree, after been evaluated by SAQA as NQF Level 8, meanwhile WITS and UKZN offered me admission for Masters that same year.

I'll advise you try another school.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dubaiboy1: 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2018
Thank you boss, I applied for Undergraduate degree .

Anfieldboss:

UP always have funny requirements, I was told to go and do Honours with my BEng Electrical Engineering degree, after been evaluated by SAQA as NQF Level 8, meanwhile WITS and UKZN offered me admission for Masters that same year.

I'll advise you try another school.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Johny2015: 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
Hi House. This thread is great and I so much appreciate the effort we have all put into keeping this thread alive since 2012.

Having read over 70 pages of this thread, there is an issue I am still confused about.

I am about applying for a PhD study visa to South Africa. However, I wish to be accompanied by my wife and son (2 years). The challenge I am having is how to go about their own application.

There seems to be nothing like accompanying spouse or minor visa types on the visa application form DHA 1738. Is there a special form for this class of visa or how do I do this?

I know I have a place where I can list them on my own form. But I believe there should still be a seperate form for them to fill.

Believe me, I would appreciate any assistance from you all.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
Johny2015:
Hi House. This thread is great and I so much appreciate the effort we have all put into keeping this thread alive since 2012.

Having read over 70 pages of this thread, there is an issue I am still confused about.

I am about applying for a PhD study visa to South Africa. However, I wish to be accompanied by my wife and son (2 years). The challenge I am having is how to go about their own application.

There seems to be nothing like accompanying spouse or minor visa types on the visa application form DHA 1738. Is there a special form for this class of visa or how do I do this?

I know I have a place where I can list them on my own form. But I believe there should still be a seperate form for them to fill.

Check this http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/types-of-visas
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Johny2015: 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2018
justwise:

Check this http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/types-of-visas

The only visa type that suite my case (accompanying spouse and minor) from this list is the relatives visa.

Is that what I am to fill for the two of them?
am I on the right track?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
Johny2015:

The only visa type that suite my case (accompanying spouse and minor) from this list is the relatives visa.

Is that what I am to fill for the two of them?
am I on the right track?

Yes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sewpabee: 9:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
Hello house.

I am really scared my visa might get denied on the basis of insufficient funds.

I am a recent graduate and I was invited by Microsoft to interview in South Africa. The interview is supposed to last for 3 days. And Microsoft agreed to foot the bill for the flights and hotel reservations. They booked using their card and I submitted the the bookings as well.

The only problem is that in the Visa Support Letter Microsoft didn't explicitly state that they would buy the tickets. It only said that they would be handling my stay there.

I was asked to submit my bank statement which obviously doesn't have the amount for the ticket in it.

I'm worried that my visa might get denied because of this.

My interview is supposed to be by December 5th (flight on the 3rd) and I submitted on November 16th
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 17, 2018
Hello Everyone,

@Justwise, please is there a separate thread for SA study/student visas or do I go through this one for that information?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gowaga68: 11:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
Hello gurus in the house, like how much should be on a 10 days applicants bank statement?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 9:54am On Nov 18, 2018
gowaga68:
Hello gurus in the house, like how much should be on a 10 days applicants bank statement?
atleast 600k and above

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 9:55am On Nov 18, 2018
SouthieGirl:
Hello Everyone,

@Justwise, please is there a separate thread for SA study/student visas or do I go through this one for that information?
Student visa is also study permit visa...so they are the same
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:57am On Nov 18, 2018
SouthieGirl:
Hello Everyone,

Please do that.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tonee1: 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
sewpabee:
Hello house.

I am really scared my visa might get denied on the basis of insufficient funds.

I am a recent graduate and I was invited by Microsoft to interview in South Africa. The interview is supposed to last for 3 days. And Microsoft agreed to foot the bill for the flights and hotel reservations. They booked using their card and I submitted the the bookings as well.

The only problem is that in the Visa Support Letter Microsoft didn't explicitly state that they would buy the tickets. It only said that they would be handling my stay there.

I was asked to submit my bank statement which obviously doesn't have the amount for the ticket in it.

I'm worried that my visa might get denied because of this.

My interview is supposed to be by December 5th (flight on the 3rd) and I submitted on November 16th

You honestly don't have to be scared, just pray... if only they r more explicit in there introduction letter, it would have been OK and it won't raise much eye brow
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hello Justwise,

Can you please explain to me why you banned me from posting, responding etc after i replied to the Nairaland user drmorphine's query?

If i have contravened the Nairaland forum rules, please let me know where and how, because to the best of my knowledge, this nairaland user asked for information regarding staying close to his proposed university and i did say once he has sorted his travel plans and have a date to come to South Africa, he should let me know and i am willing to assist him with his accomodatipn quest. Have i erred by tryin to assist someone?

More specifically, this isnt the only Nairaland user that ihave assisted whilst here in South Africa.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2018
Anfieldboss:

Hello House,

@Andfieldboss,

ECSA isnt the only Engineering Regulatory body in South Africa and seriously they delay candidates evaluation for up to 6 months. There's another one and it's also recognized for your evaluation and membership. I will ask my friend and i will let you know.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
Manager007:
Hello Justwise,

Can you please explain to me why you banned me from posting, responding etc after i replied to the Nairaland user drmorphine's query?

If i have contravened the Nairaland forum rules, please let me know where and how, because to the best of my knowledge, this nairaland user asked for information regarding staying close to his proposed university and i did say once he has sorted his travel plans and have a date to come to South Africa, he should let me know and i am willing to assist him with his accomodatipn quest. Have i erred by tryin to assist someone?

More specifically, this isnt the only Nairaland user that ihave assisted whilst here in South Africa.

I don't know what you are on about, when did i ban you and what evidence do you have to support that claim?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
Johny2015:

@Johnny2015

As an applicant from Nigeria, best advise would be for you to finalize your initial PhD Study Visa application as a sole applicant. However, on the forms, you would note your wife and kids details on forms. I believe there's a section saying or asking "if they would be travelling with you" Just choose NO.

Once you have secured your Study Visa, travelled to SA and fully registered and enrolled at your educational institution, then send the following documenta to Nigeria for your wife and kids to apply:
1. Your passport and visa page(Certified copies)
2. Proof of enrolment at Educational institution
3 Your SA bank statements
4. Proof of accomodation- school residence(not the best in this case)

They will issue them a Visitor Visa most-likely for the duration of your program(But it wont exeed 3 yeara)

If you need further assistance, please ask

All the best

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.