Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727199 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
justwise:

I don't know what you are on about, when did i ban you and what evidence do you have to support that claim?

Well, i logged on about a week ago, and it says "You do not have posting rights etc". And, i couldnt respond ot make comments on any thread on nairaland.

Nevertheless, i am.able to comment now, so let's just leave it.

My apologies if i have cause any inconvenience to your person

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2018
sewpabee:
Hello house.

I am really scared my visa might get denied on the basis of insufficient funds.

I am a recent graduate and I was invited by Microsoft to interview in South Africa. The interview is supposed to last for 3 days. And Microsoft agreed to foot the bill for the flights and hotel reservations. They booked using their card and I submitted the the bookings as well.

The only problem is that in the Visa Support Letter Microsoft didn't explicitly state that they would buy the tickets. It only said that they would be handling my stay there.

I was asked to submit my bank statement which obviously doesn't have the amount for the ticket in it.

I'm worried that my visa might get denied because of this.

My interview is supposed to be by December 5th (flight on the 3rd) and I submitted on November 16th

@Sewpabee,

No need being doubtful when deed has been done. In this case, you have already submitted your application. So thats water under the bridge now.

I dont think your visa will.be denied if indeed Microosft SA attested they'd be responsible for your stay in SA, your application motivation letter should have accompanied that document reiterating that Microsoft is responsible for your travel costs. Anyways, you can only wait and see
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Johny2015: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2018
Manager007:

@Johnny2015

As an applicant from Nigeria, best advise would be for you to finalize your initial PhD Study Visa application as a sole applicant. However, on the forms, you would note your wife and kids details on forms. I believe there's a section saying or asking "if they would be travelling with you" Just choose NO.

Once you have secured your Study Visa, travelled to SA and fully registered and enrolled at your educational institution, then send the following documenta to Nigeria for your wife and kids to apply:
1. Your passport and visa page(Certified copies)
2. Proof of enrolment at Educational institution
3 Your SA bank statements
4. Proof of accomodation- school residence(not the best in this case)

They will issue them a Visitor Visa most-likely for the duration of your program(But it wont exeed 3 yeara)

If you need further assistance, please ask

All the best

Sorry to bother you @Manager007

2 questions for you.

Would this position of yours remain so, even if my PhD programme is Sponsored by the Federal Government of Nigeria.

Then secondly, When applying for them later as you advised, am I to select a Visitor or relatives visa for them on the application form?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anfieldboss: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2018
Manager007:

@Andfieldboss,

ECSA isnt the only Engineering Regulatory body in South Africa and seriously they delay candidates evaluation for up to 6 months. There's another one and it's also recognized for your evaluation and membership. I will ask my friend and i will let you know.

Thank you sir, I will be expecting your feedback.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 10:49am On Nov 19, 2018
Johny2015:

Sorry to bother you @Manager007

2 questions for you.

Would this position of yours remain so, even if my PhD programme is Sponsored by the Federal Government of Nigeria.

Then secondly, When applying for them later as you advised, am I to select a Visitor or relatives visa for them on the application form?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2018
Manager007:
[/quote]

Yes sir, my advise remains the same. I have to let you know, applications made in Nigeria and by Nigerians are treated differently and not always like what VFS website states. Its almost always assumed you are running away from Naija.

Furthermore,When you are on Doctoral Studies at SA universities, it's always considered that you are in the university's employment since you will have an office, teach(possibly) receive stipends and awards etc. That puts you in a good stead for your wife and kids application.

As far as i know(but you can research or ask around further) your wife will have to apply for Accompany Spouse Dependent Visa(This is simply the same as Relatives Visa).

If your kids are of schooling age and you want them to school whilst here in SA, then get admission letter (even if its from a creche/kindergaten school) and use that to obtain Study Visa for them. But if not, you can always just include in their mom's application and you can sort out their schoolin when they arrive.

If you have further questions pls ask

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 10:52am On Nov 19, 2018
Anfieldboss:

Thank you sir, I will be expecting your feedback.

I will get back to you today my friend.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
Manager007:

I will get back to you today my friend.

please am going for a fully funded seminar in Pretoria on the 9-11, will be leaving on the 7th... I intend to apply at the Abuja visa center but from what I understand, they only accept 150 applications per week ( I do not know if am right about this).... I intended to submit my application on 22nd this month but am skeptical that I may end up not meeting up to be among the 150.... so am thinking about shifting my coming to Abuja to 26th which is a M but am still worried about the time the visa will take to come out... Note: the seminar is handled by the European Commission and Department of Sci Tech, SA... Do you think I will be able to submit if I go by the middle of the week Please advise, thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by babstope05: 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
odigiri1983:

Am currently having same issue after paying with my card yesterday,no payment confirmation either from SAQA nor my bank.

I am also having the same issue, please how did you resolve it?
i dont mind giving you a call, kindly send a mail to me
topebabs3@gmail.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
MusaIbrahim1:

please am going for a fully funded seminar in Pretoria on the 9-11, will be leaving on the 7th... I intend to apply at the Abuja visa center but from what I understand, they only accept 150 applications per week ( I do not know if am right about this).... I intended to submit my application on 22nd this month but am skeptical that I may end up not meeting up to be among the 150.... so am thinking about shifting my coming to Abuja to 26th which is a M but am still worried about the time the visa will take to come out... Note: the seminar is handled by the European Commission and Department of Sci Tech, SA... Do you think I will be able to submit if I go by the middle of the week Please advise, thank you

If i understand you correctly, you are planning to attend a conference 9th of 11(November) or 9-11 December? And you plan on departing naija on 7th December?

Well if so, i dont see any reason why you cant go ahead and apply. You just need a very structured motivation letter as to why your application should be processed very quickly. Just draft it in your own words.

If you need help, i can send you some sort of draft to use. Some months ago, a young man(he contacted me here on Nairaland too) was almost in your predicament here and i wrote a letter for him and his study visa was processed within days. He's now in SA studying though he stopped contacting me now that he's enjoying southy girls(ha ha). It's a free help and im not demanding anythin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
Manager007:

If i understand you correctly, you are planning to attend a conference 9th of 11(November) or 9-11 December? And you plan on departing naija on 7th December?

Well if so, i dont see any reason why you cant go ahead and apply. You just need a very structured motivation letter as to why your application should be processed very quickly. Just draft it in your own words.

If you need help, i can send you some sort of draft to use. Some months ago, a young man(he contacted me here on Nairaland too) was almost in your predicament here and i wrote a letter for him and his study visa was processed within days. He's now in SA studying though he stopped contacting me now that he's enjoying southy girls(ha ha). It's a free help and im not demanding anythin.

Thank you for the response... yeah.. am traveling on 7th December... please send the motivation letter to me through johnnny0brooks AT gmail. com.. so I can also compare it with the one I have... Thank you, I appreciate

also, is there a possibility of me submitting on Thursday?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
MusaIbrahim1:

Thank you for the response... yeah.. am traveling on 7th December... please send the motivation letter to me through johnnny0brooks AT gmail. com.. so I can also compare it with the one I have... Thank you, I appreciate

also, is there a possibility of me submitting on Thursday?

The sooner you submit your application, the better or sooner it's processed.

I note your email and i will send you that draft. Youcan edit it as you like
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hello gurus,
My sponsor is a citizen of RSA, and have sent me statement of acct(10,000rands closing bal), salary advice/ pay slip, SA ID, letter of introduction, invitation and sponsorship.

As of me, my statement of acct is nothing to write about,
My question is
**Is his own enough SOA and other document that enough for visiting visa to be granted
**if it's not not enough,can I summit a family member statement of acct who is also a Co sponsor?.
** must I include my statement of acct, bearing in mind that it is very poor.

Pls gurus, can any pls help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Johny2015: 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2018
Manager007:

Yes sir, my advise remains the same. I have to let you know, applications made in Nigeria and by Nigerians are treated differently and not always like what VFS website states. Its almost always assumed you are running away from Naija.

Furthermore,When you are on Doctoral Studies at SA universities, it's always considered that you are in the university's employment since you will have an office, teach(possibly) receive stipends and awards etc. That puts you in a good stead for your wife and kids application.

As far as i know(but you can research or ask around further) your wife will have to apply for Accompany Spouse Dependent Visa(This is simply the same as Relatives Visa).

If your kids are of schooling age and you want them to school whilst here in SA, then get admission letter (even if its from a creche/kindergaten school) and use that to obtain Study Visa for them. But if not, you can always just include in their mom's application and you can sort out their schoolin when they arrive.

If you have further questions pls ask

Thanks. I so much appreciate ur response.

Does this mean I can obtain a study visa for wife and kids later in SA, assuming they both entered SA with their respective accompanying visas?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by odigiri1983(m): 9:02am On Nov 20, 2018
babstope05:

topebabs3@gmail.com

It will go ,use GTB card if you have that.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 10:44am On Nov 20, 2018
Who has gotten their visa from abuja embassy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by innamorat(f): 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2018
Good day house, please my husband is looking for accommodation somewhere safe in Johannesburg. He has stayed less than six months there. Please does anyone know an affordable vacant accommodation where he can stay. Thanks. Please those who reside there should inform me on what to do.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2018
bibike123:
Hello gurus,
My sponsor is a citizen of RSA, and have sent me statement of acct(10,000rands closing bal), salary advice/ pay slip, SA ID, letter of introduction, invitation and sponsorship.

As of me, my statement of acct is nothing to write about,
My question is
**Is his own enough SOA and other document that enough for visiting visa to be granted
**if it's not not enough,can I summit a family member statement of acct who is also a Co sponsor?.
** must I include my statement of acct, bearing in mind that it is very poor.

Pls I need an urgent answer
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2018
innamorat:
Good day house, please my husband is looking for accommodation somewhere safe in Johannesburg. He has stayed less than six months there. Please does anyone know an affordable vacant accommodation where he can stay. Thanks. Please those who reside there should inform me on what to do.

What's his budget and preferred area?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by innamorat(f): 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2018
Gauteng Johannesburg is the preferred area and his budget is less than 90000 in Nigeria currency per month. Thanks
Geenosko:

What's his budget and preferred area?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jubrilar(m): 2:48am On Nov 21, 2018
hello house......you are guys are doing great job. i want to visit SA on vacation. what are the requirements. also need sumebody to guide me on the procee.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 6:16am On Nov 21, 2018
innamorat:
Gauteng Johannesburg is the preferred area and his budget is less than 90000 in Nigeria currency per month. Thanks

Gauteng is a very big province, and Johannesburg is a very big city o!! . (let him be specific on the suburb)

So at that price he will have to share a two bedroom apartment with someone.

Let him check out this link, it fits within his budget range
http://www.live-easy.co.za/ferndale/index.php
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by innamorat(f): 10:16am On Nov 21, 2018
Thanks a lot. I already sent him the link. If you have others please send it across so as to present him with a lot of options. God bless you, am grateful.
Geenosko:

Gauteng is a very big province, and Johannesburg is a very big city o!! . (let him be specific on the suburb)

So at that price he will have to share a two bedroom apartment with someone.

Let him check out this link, it fits within his budget range
http://www.live-easy.co.za/ferndale/index.php

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 21, 2018
Hello everyone
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 12:09pm On Nov 21, 2018
SouthieGirl:
Hello everyone,

I have read back almost 100 pages (and still reading) but since I haven't seen a question like mine and time is of the essence, I would like to ask for assistance.

I have studied in the UK and spent about a year, and the information on the SA home affairs page reads, "
If you are 18 years and older, a police clearance certificate from each country in which you resided for 12 months or longer since the age of 18 years is required."

So is it right to guess I need a police clearance from the UK?

I have seen an online site to apply for one but if anyone has gotten one before or knows someone who has, kindly assist with any helpful info.

Thanks.

Yes you will have to get a UK police clearance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
qalifa:

Yes you will have to get a police clearance

Thanks.

Have you done one before?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 2:37pm On Nov 21, 2018
SouthieGirl:

Thanks.

Have you done one before? Is ACRO the certified body and how long does it take?
Nah not from the UK I was in sa then they said I had to get from sa too
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larrywax: 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
Are u sorted now? If not let me know so I can assist. I can pay SAQA for u, send u proof & then u'll credit my Naija account.

babstope05:

topebabs3@gmail.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Drey143(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2018
Please who submitted recently at the Lagos high commission.. I submitted on the 8th, today makes it 2weeks and I haven't heard nothing
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Danoskhy(m): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2018
I submitted same 8th in lagos.....and i've picked up today. Visa given!

Drey143:
Please who submitted recently at the Lagos high commission.. I submitted on the 8th, today makes it 2weeks and I haven't heard nothing
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Drey143(m): 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2018
Danoskhy:
I submitted same 8th in lagos.....and i've picked up today. Visa given!

Wow.. Mine still says it's in process.. It's a study visa though and I'm due to fly next year January....what category of visa is yours?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sandhill: 11:42pm On Nov 22, 2018
Hello House

I submitted a critical Skills visa application back in August, it's now close to 4 months, and nothing.
I have been to the high commission, VI, Lagos physically on several occasions in the past 3 weeks , and they say its awaiting approval from the consular General. How many years does he need to approve?! It's getting ridiculous.

I just now heard of this supposed backlog, When will this backlog be over. Any ideas

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.