Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727273 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sircreeden(m): 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
Hello house if submitting date of applications is 14/12/2018 because is holiday and people who had long submitted are they gonna wait till Jan 4th to collect their visas?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 18, 2018
Please Guys , I heard South Africa High Commission in Lagos is closed , I submitted my passport on the 4th of December, does that mean I do not get my passport again this year ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 2:56pm On Dec 18, 2018
Dude you need to chill tho. Relax. get into the Country.. Stay Lowkey. Study your environment. See howfa your accommodation is from School. Explore your options on transporting to school. Why would you want to move electronics?? You can travel with your Gaming Console and laptops tho.

mrcodebreaker:
Guys what areas should l look at when looking for accommodation close to WITS. I am thinking of buying a car. To get around, do I need it? Also is it possible to have a part time job while studying for an honours program?

How can I ship some things to SA like personal goods eg Electronics. Who has a contact or connect?

Also the car prices in SA are so high when you convert it. I was even thinking of shipping my car and turning it to left hand, but I know thats ridiculous. my car is sold double the price in SA on gumtree and olx.

I hope moving to SA is a good thing. Anyone has any input?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2018
If there is an Admin in the group.. He needs to be blocked. Not everybody is a lowlife like him.

qalifa:

I’ve also lived in SA for two years whilst schooling so I dunno what he’s talking about damn hater
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamkingrobert: 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
Hello @Justwise the wise one and @Manager I have a quick question. It seems SA only gives you a visa per what you requested as I got 10days since I requested for 7. I have a friend that want to apply, please what could be his best reason if he really wants to get up to 90days visit visa?

Also I have Airbnb receipt for my trip, will I be ask to show it at the point of entry?

And please I need to also know if I’ll be given a transit visa in Namibia airport because have bought their ticket because it was very cheap than SA Airways. Please help me. Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by otunbabadok(m): 11:12am On Dec 19, 2018
I have two accompany visa applications rejected on the ground that the husband who is a student has no sufficient funds. Pleased to let you know that I showed them 33,000 and 55,000 rands in the first and second application, also attached to my application is my proof of payment for the work I'm doing for my department. Please can someone tell if they are no more giving accompany visa for students? If not, what more do I need to do?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lekanlaniyan(m): 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2018
majekdom2:
what do you do? Your statement of purpose might not be convincing enough. Please draft it in your own words.

Morning sir, I didn’t do any wrong thing.

Have worked on my statement of purpose in which I included places I will be visiting, I did the airline booking myself and hotel reservations too.

All genuine documents ready and am go to submit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lekanlaniyan(m): 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2018
majekdom2:
what do you do? Your statement of purpose might not be convincing enough. Please draft it in your own words.

Thanks for the advice. God bless you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 12:11pm On Dec 19, 2018
Thank you everyone, my Visitor/Research Visa was processed within just 10 days. I submitted on 3rd of December and it was ready for collection as at 13th of December, 2018. That was so fast!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Onlooking101: 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2018
slickruler:
Dude you need to chill tho. Relax. get into the Country.. Stay Lowkey. Study your environment. See howfa your accommodation is from School. Explore your options on transporting to school. Why would you want to move electronics?? You can travel with your Gaming Console and laptops tho.

have you applied for your visa yet?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mrcodebreaker: 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
Guys can I use my business account to apply for study visa. The business is a construction company and I am going to study something totally different from construction. Or do I just use my sister as a sponsor? But she is in the US. My travel history is sa, uk, kenya.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Drey143(m): 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
mrcodebreaker:
Hello Guys. Got admitted to study at the University of Witwatersrand for an honours program. Who knows anyone at the uni or who is currently there? I am hoping to start my study visa application in January. What do you guys think about the Job prospects after school especially in Mining and Possible Oil and Gas. Although I am hoping on going for a masters afterwards to possible UCT. Whats the employment situation like for foreign graduates. Please anyone and everyone can make an input. Thank you

When's the school resuming?.. UCT resumes January 28 and I've submitted my application for visa since November 8..i haven't heard from them till now.. So I advise you apply for visa ASAP.. This people will delay you o.. Dem no send..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Drey143(m): 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2018
mrcodebreaker:
Hello Guys. Got admitted to study at the University of Witwatersrand for an honours program. Who knows anyone at the uni or who is currently there? I am hoping to start my study visa application in January. What do you guys think about the Job prospects after school especially in Mining and Possible Oil and Gas. Although I am hoping on going for a masters afterwards to possible UCT. Whats the employment situation like for foreign graduates. Please anyone and everyone can make an input. Thank you

And please what's the difference between a honours and masters program??.. If you finish undergraduate studies from a SAcan university do you still have to go through honours program before you proceed for your masters?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2018
Drey143:

And please what's the difference between a honours and masters program??.. If you finish undergraduate studies from a SAcan university do you still have to go through honours program before you proceed for your masters?

Honours program is equivalent to a Bachelors degree of four years. People who run bachelors degree (undergraduate)for three years are expected to run a honours program (1 year) before going for masters. It is different from masters
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mrcodebreaker: 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2018
Drey143:

Na so i see am oh. My program was a 4 year bsc and i was nfq7 which is not honours equivalent. So now doing honours then I will probably look for a 1 year msc to do. Cos if time.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mrcodebreaker: 7:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
Drey143:

When's the school resuming?.. UCT resumes January 28 and I've submitted my application for visa since November 8..i haven't heard from them till now.. So I advise you apply for visa ASAP.. This people will delay you o.. Dem no send..
Na last week they give me admission bro. Im applying from abj so i al hoping it will not take time.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 7:53pm On Dec 19, 2018
I Live and Work in SA. grin grin grin

Onlooking101:
have you applied for your visa yet?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
Sircreeden:
Hello house if submitting date of applications is 14/12/2018 because is holiday and people who had long submitted are they gonna wait till Jan 4th to collect their visas?

Passport collection is still on.
The break is for visa application.

Cc:saintobi009

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sircreeden(m): 10:21pm On Dec 19, 2018
LogoDWhiz:

Passport collection is still on.
The break is for visa application.

Cc:saintobi009

Thanks bro God bless
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chuksinfotech: 10:45pm On Dec 19, 2018
slickruler:

@slickruler Please what is the job prospects of ICT in the city of Cape Town ??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sheddymore: 10:53pm On Dec 19, 2018
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS.

Please be informed that the South Africa Visa Application Centre in Lagos and Port Harcourt will remain closed for Submission of Visa Applications from Friday 14 December 2018 to Tuesday 01 January 2019 in Celebration of Christmas and New Year. However collection of passport will be open from 10:00 to 16:00 (Except public holidays)

Work resumes fully on Wednesday, 02 January 2019 in Lagos and Port Harcourt.

South Africa Visa Application Centre in Abuja will remain closed for Submission of Visa Applications from Friday 14 December 2018 to Thursday 03 January 2019 in Celebration of Christmas and New Year. However collection of passport will be open from 10:00 to 16:00 (Except public holidays)

Work resumes fully on Friday, 04 January 2019 in Abuja.

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SOUTH AFRICA VISA APPLICANTS

LONG TERM AAPLICANTS

Please be informed that effective 02 January 2019, applicants applying for visas to accompany a family member to South Africa on a long term basis must legalise/certify the following documents with country’s ministry of foreign affairs to ascertain the authenticity;

Copy of marriage certificate
Copy of birth certificate
Copy of death certificate (where applicable).
SHORT TERM APPLICANTS

Those applying for short term visas must submit a true certified copies of marriage certificate or/and birth certificates. Certification these can be done at Notary Public.

Proof of kinship (marriage and birth certificate) must at all times be submitted where family members are using bank statements of the main sponsor.

08 October 2018

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Dear Applicants, please be informed that we are relocating to below new location in Abuja from 15 October 2018

Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way,

Central Business District, Abuja.

news
05 March 2018

Appeal cases can be accepted within 10 working days from the day of collection of passport from VFS center. Appealing applicant should submit the appeal letter, passport copy along with application tracking id in the South Africa visa application center. The turnaround time will be 6 months or more.
Waiver/Incomplete form is mandatory if applicant fails to provide required documents as per the checklist.
All applicants for all categories of Long term visas must provide SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE CLEARANCE report, and any countries they have lived in for a period more since 18 years of age OR must fill the Waiver/Incomplete in absence of the same at the time of submission.
Student application forms should be DHA1738, Form8, applicants should provide signed undertaking letters from South Africa institution. Please refer to study visa.
Medical Aid cover should be signed by medical officer, provider’s logo and it should contain the name of the academic institution, it must be valid for one year.
All applicants must provide personal bank statement excluding those with sponsorship letter from multinational companies and such letter must clearly state financial responsibility.
All returning students must provide a new admission letter from academic institution.
No more extension of permits.
All intending applicant for all categories of permit must provide police clearance from counties they have lived in since 18 years of age.
All relative of a South African citizen can apply for a relative permit
National population commission(NPC) birth certificate is the only acceptable birth certificate
Applicants submitting at Lagos & Port Harcourt Visa Application Centre will be required to submit only the Current & Valid passport , Kindly make photocopies of visas on older passport as travel history/supporting document.
news
06 May 2017

Dear Applicant,

This is to inform you that:

Turnaround time for long term visa e.g. work, business, study, relative, medical treatment, retired persons etc. is a minimum of 6-8 weeks.
Attachment of a corporate account for a visitor’s visa sponsored by the account holder of a business owner who is the applicant-must attach a reference letter from the bank to ownership and signatories to the account.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:51pm On Dec 19, 2018
Sircreeden:

Thanks bro God bless

You're welcome
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nyce55: 11:41am On Dec 20, 2018
slickruler:

can we talk please I’m in SA on a spouse visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sheddymore: 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
@nyce55
Did u applied in Nigeria for ur spouse visa and how many months did u waited for before u get ur passport back?? I have applied since june 19 2018 and no feed back yet on my passport. I applied in abuja. Pls advise?

post=74016036]can we talk please I’m in SA on a spouse visa [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Drey143(m): 6:24pm On Dec 20, 2018
skarlett:

Honours program is equivalent to a Bachelors degree of four years. People who run bachelors degree (undergraduate)for three years are expected to run a honours program (1 year) before going for masters. It is different from masters

Oh I understand now.. Thanks. I got accepted to UCT but undergraduate tho.. Mech&Mechatronics..4yrs..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Drey143(m): 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2018
mrcodebreaker:

Na last week they give me admission bro. Im applying from abj so i al hoping it will not take time.

I just feel you should emphasize the resumption date in your introduction letter... But what I've seen and heard from one of the staffs at the embassy is that long term visas takes a Minimum of 6-8weeks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nyce55: 6:59pm On Dec 20, 2018
sheddymore:
@nyce55
Did u applied in Nigeria for ur spouse visa and how many months did u waited for before u get ur passport back?? I have applied since june 19 2018 and no feed back yet on my passport. I applied in abuja. Pls advise?

post=74016036]can we talk please I’m in SA on a spouse visa
i applied here in South Africa , Johannesburg vfs office it took only 8 weeks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sheddymore: 10:41pm On Dec 20, 2018
@nyce55
I can't apply in south Africa with my the extention of visiting visa,was told by home affair that I must come back to my country and apply. And very been delayed here all since.
post=74028255]i applied here in South Africa , Johannesburg vfs office it took only 8 weeks [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hibiyemsy: 6:17am On Dec 21, 2018
Good morning people. Please I would like to enquire if 700 usd is enough as bta
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kenekingisback: 7:36am On Dec 21, 2018
[quote author=skarlett post=73996722]

Honours program is equivalent to a Bachelors degree of four years. People who run bachelors degree (undergraduate)for three years are expected to run a honours program (1 year) before going for masters. It is different from masters[/quote

Honours is a postgraduate programme in SA grin]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jibbie2015: 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2018
justwise:
Ask/make your South African visa contributions here, i have seen increasing number of different threads about South African visa recently hence the need to dedicate one thread for South African visa issues.
Hello house ... please I have a question. Visa was rejected on grounds of insufficient funds. Applied for 5 days for vacation and also to attend my boss’s birthday. All documents complete. Bank balance was about 600k and cash investment letter was about 8M which I have access to at anytime. Any body with a similar experience on why this was so? And any advice on how I can proceed? Should I have liquidated my investments moved to my bank account ? Pls assist .. thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.