Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727808 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2018
drmorphine:

Oga thanks so much for the response. How far is the VSF office from the roundabout? Also, Is there any specification for the envelope to put my documents for submission? And is there any other info that would be useful that I need to know?

Many many thanks!

From a friend.

VFS office from the roundabout is about 5 minutes trekking distance.

You don't need an envelope. You'll get a folder bag from VFS.

All info needed are kind of specific to your visa needs.

You might find time to come around or call.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
Good day house, Pls can one pay the visa fees, cash, at the vfs office, or bank. If at Bank, can I get d acct number online, Some one should pls educate me on payment (visit visa)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2018
bibike123:
Good day house,
Pls can one pay the visa fees, cash, at the vfs office, or bank.
If at Bank, can I get d acct number online,
Some one should pls educate me on payment (visit visa)
you will pay it in the vfs office at the same spot after they scrutinized your documents....you pay with cash and No account number require.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamkingrobert: 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2018
Okay, thank you very much. Well am traveling from Ghana, I actually base in Ghana and the flight ticket is very cheap here, am using Air Namibia and they are during serious promo here. Have gotten the ticket since i also get the opportunity to transit Windheok and a layover of 7hrs. I only hope say them go treat person nice anyway. Lol thank you so much, FYI guys if you want to fly to SA soon, then buy the ticket from Ghana and you will save lots of dollars. God bless you all. Manager God bless you ooo.
Manager007:

@iamtheking

Yes by all means i would also recommend AirBnB. I also use it whever in the world i travel. And you get good deals.

BUT, last time someone i know used it, the Immigration officials at Murtala Airport delayed him. They kepr askin for "Hotel Booking" even when he produced his paid recipt from AirBnB. In the end they said there's "First Time Traveller package" that he needs to pay. After being delayed, in the end the pooe dude succumbed and gave them some thousands of Nairas before he was allowed to board.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamkingrobert: 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2018
I want to add this quick tips from my experience at the VFS office at Lekki. Please don't bother make photocopy outside the office with those people, too bad it looks like am spoiling their business but am also trying to save you money. 1, theirs is expensive and when you submit at VFS they will not accept it because it is never clear like they want it. 2, VFS only charge you 100 naira for photocopy and it's very clear and they accept it. I spend about 1500 Naira outside and at the end the document was regected. 3, Try and go as early as you can because the cue can be really long. 4, put all your document in an A4 envelope and please take your Yellow card there too because you might have to make a new copy there. 5, Five stands for "Grace" so pray to God for grace so you can be given, it is not by your document. 6, They accept 3 months Bank statement at the Lagos consulate and please try and have at least half a million naira as closing balance. That was what i had and i only opened the account 3 month prior to that day and i got the Visa, thanks be to God. I hope all this helps someone, when am back from SA am sure i will have some tips to share with you too. God bless you all and thanks to those have been learning from. People like Manager007 and Justwise, God go bless una ooo. The Visa total cost for Visit Visa was less than 30K. I don't remember the exact but it is less than 30K, I was the first person they attended to also, So try to be the first person too. Maybe that is also a good thing because it what sum up your Ref number at the end. GodSpeed.

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamkingrobert: 7:55pm On Dec 11, 2018
Yes it is actually true that it takes 10 to 15 working days. That was what mine took at the VFS office in Lagos.
FabioPeter:
At Lekki VFS Centre, I was given the impression that it takes 10 to 15 working days to process the visa. The report on this thread is contrary.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2018
What's with this break?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Danoskhy(m): 4:20pm On Dec 12, 2018
iamkingrobert:
I want to add this quick tips from my experience at the VFS office at Lekki. Please don't bother make photocopy outside the office with those people, too bad it looks like am spoiling their business but am also trying to save you money. 1, theirs is expensive and when you submit at VFS they will not accept it because it is never clear like they want it. 2, VFS only charge you 100 naira for photocopy and it's very clear and they accept it. I spend about 1500 Naira outside and at the end the document was regected. 3, Try and go as early as you can because the cue can be really long. 4, put all your document in an A4 envelope and please take your Yellow card there too because you might have to make a new copy there. 5, Five stands for "Grace" so pray to God for grace so you can be given, it is not by your document. 6, They accept 3 months Bank statement at the Lagos consulate and please try and have at least half a million naira as closing balance. That was what i had and i only opened the account 3 month prior to that day and i got the Visa, thanks be to God. I hope all this helps someone, when am back from SA am sure i will have some tips to share with you too. God bless you all and thanks to those have been learning from. People like Manager007 and Justwise, God go bless una ooo. The Visa total cost for Visit Visa was less than 30K. I don't remember the exact but it is less than 30K, I was the first person they attended to also, So try to be the first person too. Maybe that is also a good thing because it what sum up your Ref number at the end. GodSpeed.

Congrats!

how many days stay were you allowed? also when do you intend to travel?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lekanlaniyan(m): 11:04am On Dec 13, 2018
iamkingrobert:

Congratulation. Safe trip and dnt forget to carry us along with pictures and gist.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gestar: 1:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
Need assistance! Does anyone live in South Africa?
I just got visa to SA. The person I knew, phone contact I have is not going through and I don't know anyone else there and I need someone that pick me from airport and at least stay with even if it just for 3days. Please I need assistant as my flight is last week of this month.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by paulavon: 2:49pm On Dec 13, 2018
Why apply for a Visa when you know you have no means of sustainance or genuine purpose of traveling in the first place.

Gestar:
I just got visa to SA. The person I knew, phone contact I have is not going through and I don't know anyone else there and I need someone that pick me from airport and at least stay with even if it just for 3days. Please I need assistant as my flight is last week of this month.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 3:31pm On Dec 13, 2018
Gestar:

Then reschedule your flight.
Don't be deceived, if you are an illegal immigrant in South Africa, life would be very difficult for you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by inagbe1: 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2018
Good afternoon all, please i need advice about pharmacy practice in South Africa. I want to know if it is advisable for me to relocate .I wouldn't mind if somebody can give a brief information about pharmacy jobs availability.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamkingrobert: 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
Thank you.. Well i requested for 7days with an intention to stay for 30days although i was given 10days. Thanks to guys here they advised i stay for the 10days and leave for future purposes, so yes am only staying for 10days and have planned myself around it too. I have lots of work to do back home too. Am base in Accra, Ghana by the way. I will visit SA January.
Danoskhy:

Congrats!

how many days stay were you allowed? also when do you intend to travel?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamkingrobert: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
Thanks buddy. That one too join, i already arrange my gimbal. I wan explore 2 cities in 10days and if Namibia give me chance i go add windheok join since i get 7hrs layover for their country. Lol
lekanlaniyan:

Congratulation. Safe trip and dnt forget to carry us along with pictures and gist.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamkingrobert: 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2018
Now i have a question, Please has anyone used Air Namibia to SA before? I am using the airline and i have a 7hrs layover in Windheok. My question is, Do they treat passenger nice in windheok and can i see the city before i fly to Joburg? Thanks in advance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sheddymore: 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2018
Geenosko:

Then reschedule your flight.
Don't be deceived, if you are an illegal immigrant in South Africa, life would be very difficult for you.

If u are illegal in south Africa, u r welcome to hell cos u will turn to wunga boys and sleep in the street. Better source ur contact well, nobody is gonna accommodate u in SA if u dont ve money on u.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2018
sheddymore:

If u are illegal in south Africa, u r welcome to hell cos u will turn to wunga boys and sleep in the street. Better source ur contact well, nobody is gonna accommodate u in SA if u dont ve money on u.

Ur quoting the wrong person Bros o

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olaarie(m): 8:10pm On Dec 13, 2018
Thecassanova:

Nothing, just wait.

Thank you. I finally got my passport today after 7weeks of waiting. PhD loading
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
olaarie:

Thank you. I finally got my passport today after 7weeks of waiting. PhD loading
please is it @ Abuja or Lagos u applied then?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olaarie(m): 11:01pm On Dec 13, 2018
Don1985:
please is it @ Abuja or Lagos u applied then?

Lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olaarie(m): 7:43am On Dec 14, 2018
Pls I need update on cheap but reliable flight to SA around second week of January. I need to book ahead. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 9:52am On Dec 14, 2018
Hello house, my sponsor is a citizen of SA, every paper needed is with me, my question is *do I still need to add my statement of acct* even after he sent his and stated that he if sponsoring in full
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sheddymore: 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
@bibike123

What visa category u wanna apply for?

[post=73832397]Hello house, my sponsor is a citizen of SA, every paper needed is with me, my question is *do I still need to add my statement of acct* even after he sent his and stated that he if sponsoring in full[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
People in the house please does anyone here have experience of renewing his/her Nigerian passport in South Africa.
My passport is going to expire soon and I need information on how to renew it.
Any one with information please quote me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
tweb1:
People in the house please does anyone here have experience of renewing his/her Nigerian passport in South Africa.

Visit the nigerian immigration website online. Fill the form, then proceed for payment at their office at Johannesburg. Though u can pay online if u have a credit card, but I will advice if u are in gauteng to just swipe at their office.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
deolama:

Visit the nigerian immigration website online. Fill the form, then proceed for payment at their office at Johannesburg. Though u can pay online if u have a credit card, but I will advice if u are in gauteng to just swipe at their office.

I am in Cape Town and I have a credit card.
I went to this site https://immigration.gov.ng/ .
Is that the right one to go to or is it for people in Nigeria only?
And the site redirected me to a completely different website address www.innovate1services.com.

Is that the way it is suppose to be?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by topiiiiiiii(f): 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
MusaIbrahim1:

less than 3 weeks, but its short term and am going for a seminar sponsored by SA government
please how can I contact you I have questions about msc Ed science education noun you answered some question about sometimes ago
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 3:45am On Dec 15, 2018
tweb1:

Go to the Nigerian High commission in Pretoria

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.