Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1732707 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ebose09: 11:14pm On May 07, 2019
dollarathe:

next week boss

1:which airline is cheaper
2:how do u want to buy rand
3:any idea on how much rand is
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Naijarazzing(m): 11:20pm On May 07, 2019
andrew444:
Got my passport back and visa was not given because of CONTRADICTORY INFORMATION according to what the document said

Me I just tire sha ,but no wahala

Eeyah!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:06am On May 08, 2019
Chauke:

L

South Africa requires those with critical skills that are not available in the country.Before one applies for critical skills visa should first have a job.
No sir you dont need to have job before applying for critical skill. Once your degree or qualification falls under critical skill and you join professional body you can apply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 6:36am On May 08, 2019
andrew444:
Got my passport back and visa was not given because of CONTRADICTORY INFORMATION according to what the document said

Me I just tire sha ,but no wahala

It is well my brother Andrew

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 6:51am On May 08, 2019
Mimicle101:
My people

Please what is the maximum or longest time study visa can take.

Is 11 weeks now

And

Next week will make it 12 weeks..

Body de hot now ooo

Please NL family can someone reply on these

Thanks in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DoubleGiant: 6:53am On May 08, 2019
samtol4:
No sir you dont need to have job before applying for critical skill. Once your degree or qualification falls under critical skill and you join professional body you can apply
Join a professional body in Nigeria or in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 6:53am On May 08, 2019
ebose09:

1:which airline is cheaper
2:how do u want to buy rand
3:any idea on how much rand is

U can buy ur randz from the airport is cheaper and
U can use Kenya air but to me is waste of time and streess just book SAA is easy and faster my own opinion
About immigration at d airport don't mind them they don't have any right towards u beside is not as our brothers see it just be cool once asked for a tip smile and say oh bro next time u have spent all u got safe trip
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 7:04am On May 08, 2019
olaoye15:
Hello Guys. I need information on how to manage the excesses of the so called Immigration officer at MMIA. I am a very in passport holding travel to South Africa before month end, How much PAT do you suggest I should hold? How do I deal with the immigration guys since they are used to creating troubles especially with first time travellers.

Nwanne don't be scared of any person there
Don't give cos they will not put hands in ur pocket
Let me guild u through the immigration process
1 coming in from the entrance u check ur bags
They will ask u to come to one side to check if u have food stuffs that's the first issue if u have they might want to confiscate it but before coming to the airport rap it well and tell them u have nothing is just personally effect
2... Make sure ur luggage is not weighing more than 23kg per bag
3.. SAA airline check in will check ur passport and give u seat number from there they will take ur luggage inside and u will not see it again till immigration check u in in SA
4..u head to ur boarding gate e51 I guess there u will see our immigration people they take ur passport and sign while doing it endeavor to chat like say how is work and just smile they might ask u for any thing for them just tell them u have exhausted it all on ur way back u will buy something for them
Nobody is asking u for bta
5.u will get to another security check point where ur hand luggage will be checked and u will be asked to remove ur shoes haha Nigeria
6.. u will now get to SAA boarding pass u will be asked for ur boarding pass wch the gave u before ur luggage was check in then u re off this country safe trip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Predstan: 8:04am On May 08, 2019
osinawanta:

They will ask u to come to one side to check if u have food stuffs that's the first issue if u have they might want to confiscate it but before coming to the airport rap it well and tell them u have nothing is just personally effect
3.. SAA airline check in will check ur passport and give u seat number from there they will take ur luggage inside and u will not see it again till immigration check u in in SA
4..u head to ur boarding gate e51 I guess there u will see our immigration people they take ur passport and sign while doing it endeavor to chat like say how is work and just smile they might ask u for any thing for them just tell them u have exhausted it all on ur way back u will buy something for them
5.u will get to another security check point where ur hand luggage will be checked and u will be asked to remove ur shoes haha Nigeria
6.. u will now get to SAA boarding pass u will be asked for ur boarding pass wch the gave u before ur luggage was check in then u re off this country safe trip

Lol.. This is for Someone that have travelled once before... You surely don’t understand what those guys are doing to First timer. They won’t smile with you because of whatever they want to get from you. The Nigeria immigration will ask you for BtA and tell u that you must have 1000Bta thy will ask that you go get it but will seize your passport. They will even tell u to give almost 20% of whatever BtA u have with you. I have seen someone who paid them about 100 from 500$ . The only way to solve this is to hold some naira currency so that you can just give them that little when it’s almost time to Board the plane. They have delayed many people that they missed their flight.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 9:01am On May 08, 2019
Predstan:

Lol.. This is for Someone that have travelled once before... You surely don’t understand what those guys are doing to First timer. They won’t smile with you because of whatever they want to get from you. The Nigeria immigration will ask you for BtA and tell u that you must have 1000Bta thy will ask that you go get it but will seize your passport. They will even tell u to give almost 20% of whatever BtA u have with you. I have seen someone who paid them about 100 from 500$ . The only way to solve this is to hold some naira currency so that you can just give them that little when it’s almost time to Board the plane. They have delayed many people that they missed their flight.

I could remember my first time. I even gave 50$ after the other guy took me to another office and refused collecting naira while others collected naira. Threatening me that I will miss my flight. Being so young I have to gave in cos I was scared
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 10:19am On May 08, 2019
Mimicle101:

I could remember my first time. I even gave 50$ after the other guy took me to another office and refused collecting naira while others collected naira. Threatening me that I will miss my flight. Being so young I have to gave in cos I was scared
na wa o! Must you give them? So they can actually make one miss a flight because you refuse to settle them?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Predstan: 10:29am On May 08, 2019
cucumbar:
na wa o! Must you give them? So they can actually make one miss a flight because you refuse to settle them?

Yes that’s the reality... many have missed their flight for that reason
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by depoty22: 10:36am On May 08, 2019
Point of correction, You will register with a professional body in South Africa not in Nigeria.

DoubleGiant:

Join a professional body in Nigeria or in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 10:58am On May 08, 2019
cucumbar:

My bro. When u are soo young inexperienced and excited at the same time and in such position you may even give your last kobo.

I know what am talking about.

By the way am over it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by depoty22: 11:04am On May 08, 2019
In need of Critical skill Visa and need letters from South Africa Establish company.

Its needed in most case by the South Africa Embassy in Nigeria,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Demilade1: 11:45am On May 08, 2019
2fine2fast:
Hello guys, please I need your kind contribution.
I am planning to resubmit the application for the renewal of my study permit.
I just want to know if I can submit the certified true copy of my South African
Police Clearance Certificate.
I submitted the original to the embassy during my first application that was
rejected in January. And applying for a new SAPS certificate will take close to
two months which honestly I don't have.
I was advised by a travel consultant that it should be acceptable, that I just add a
motivation letter explaining the situation.
I have all my other documents ready including the original Nigeria Police certificate.
Please guys what do you think?
Thanks.

Yes, do as the consultant said. Since you have not been to SA since your last Police Clearance, just explain in your application. My study permit that I recently got had no SA police clearance because at the time I was leaving SA, the certificate wasn't ready yet. However, I did a police affidavit in SA before leaving to support my claim. I attached the affidavit, PC application receipt, Nig. Police Clearance to my visa application. And was visa was granted.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Firewall02: 11:52am On May 08, 2019
osinawanta:

Very correct!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by depoty22: 12:04pm On May 08, 2019
You Cant Avoid sorting them at South Africa POE, Only if you you been in and out of the country often or with Permanent Resident Permit.

Firewall02:

As a first timer the immigration officers will definitely collect something from you.......Bros you can't escape this. I once fall into this when coming to SA in 2017
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayomide8990(m): 12:11pm On May 08, 2019
shygunXs:
Greetings from SA...
Beautify Country...
Please can I study with Relative Visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayomide8990(m): 12:18pm On May 08, 2019
Please Where is South Africa Embassy in Lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by anotherguyonNL: 12:18pm On May 08, 2019
Me nah short educational program I one go do for there, I am wondering if they would give Visa, also wondering what the security situation is like in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 12:34pm On May 08, 2019
ayomide8990:

No, you have to change to a study visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by depoty22: 12:34pm On May 08, 2019
No, The school will not admit you without a study permit.

ayomide8990:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Predstan: 12:45pm On May 08, 2019
Is there any school that the application are still open for honors degree to resume this year? I sent 100k to someone since January for SAQA and since then SAQA has not been completed he’s also assuring me that I will get admitted for honors in engineering this year to resume by September. Is that all lies??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by depoty22: 12:50pm On May 08, 2019
No ways, Saqa takes only 2 to 4 weeks, If they are able to verify your qualification with your school.

I think you can still register for Hons as soon as your SAQA is completed.

Predstan:
Is there any school that the application are still open for honors degree to resume this year? I sent 100k to someone since January for SAQA and since then SAQA has not been completed he’s also assuring me that I will get admitted for honors in engineering this year to resume by September. Is that all lies??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Predstan: 12:56pm On May 08, 2019
depoty22:
No ways, Saqa takes only 2 to 4 weeks, If they are able to verify your qualification with your school.

I replied your PM

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2fine2fast(m): 1:00pm On May 08, 2019
Demilade1:

Yes, do as the consultant said. Since you have not been to SA since your last Police Clearance, just explain in your application. My study permit that I recently got had no SA police clearance because at the time I was leaving SA, the certificate wasn't ready yet. However, I did a police affidavit in SA before leaving to support my claim. I attached the affidavit, PC application receipt, Nig. Police Clearance to my visa application. And was visa was granted.
Thanks a lot boss.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2fine2fast(m): 1:01pm On May 08, 2019
Demilade1:

Really appreciate this.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ebose09: 3:50pm On May 08, 2019
osinawanta:

U can buy ur randz from the airport is cheaper and
U can use Kenya air but to me is waste of time and streess just book SAA is easy and faster my own opinion
About immigration at d airport don't mind them they don't have any right towards u beside is not as our brothers see it just be cool once asked for a tip smile and say oh bro next time u have spent all u got safe trip

Thanks a lot u have easy so many stress with this answer.
The rand is it from Nigeria airport.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 5:55pm On May 08, 2019
Predstan:

depoty22:

Unlike Masters and PhD, honours is a bit more structured. You have to resume in January. On rare occasions, you may be allowed to register in July. Resumption beyond this two periods is hardly possible - at least to the best of my knowledge. Even VFS may not grant your application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 6:23pm On May 08, 2019
Juwohn:

Unlike Masters and PhD, honours is a bit more structured. You have to resume in January. On rare occasions, you may be allowed to register in July. Resumption beyond this two periods is hardly possible - at least to the best of my knowledge. Even VFS may not grant your application.

Please kindly reply.

About registration.

We did applied for undergraduate study February uptill now that the visa is not out yet.

I believe it wont really be a big problem at the vfs in terms of Registration. Though I did paid 1/3 of the school fees and the proof was part of the documents submitted.

Please I would appreciate ur input
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 7:24pm On May 08, 2019
Mimicle101:

Please kindly reply.

About registration.

We did applied for undergraduate study February uptill now that the visa is not out yet.

I believe it wont really be a big problem at the vfs in terms of Registration. Though I did paid 1/3 of the school fees and the proof was part of the documents submitted.

Please I would appreciate ur input

Did you apply for undergraduate or honors?
For both, VFS will confirm from your institution if you're likely to be accepted. The decision to grant a visa in that case will be based on whether the school can still accept you or not. If you have paid part of the tuition fees, my advice is that you follow up with your institution.

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.